CHAPTER 14

Moments of Love

 

“Chorong-ah, listen to my heart.-Woohyun”

“What does he think he’s doing?-Chorong”

------------

            Woohyun took Chorong in the orphanage. She felt strange as they set their feet inside, seeing the orphans somehow gives her empathy, but their smiles helped warm her heart. She returned a pretty smile to them which is quite unusual in her character in a first meeting. Woohyun felt happy as he sees her instant affection to his second family. He takes her hand and introduces her to each of them. The children gathered and were happy seeing a new face in their home. They asked a lot of questions about her and even the relationship that she has with Woohyun.

 

            As she spent more time with them Chorong felt like she became a child again. Playing and joking around gives her heart a joy that is so pure and innocent. There’s this sudden attachment, a bond, and love that instantly built towards her and the orphans.

 

            While Chorong and the children are busy playing around Woohyun took the eldest in them, the leader of the kids. He talked to him about his plans and after a while this leader called the attention of everyone.

Kid leader: Everyone please sit down!

            He shouted. Every child followed, knowing that he’s the eldest and the leader that they must respect. When everyone is already settled, the leader took a chair and gave it to Chorong who sat at the back. While the room is quiet and curious, Woohyun now came in and stood in front with a guitar on his hands.

            He smiled directly to her.  His puppy cute smile that turned her cheeks into a cherry. She looks away shyly avoiding his gaze and also preventing any teasing from the children. But it was cut short when Woohyun speaks. “Chorong-ah!” He called in a banmal getting her attention instantly as it is her first time hearing him called her in an informal way. “This isn’t my original song but please don’t take it lightly.”

            Woohyun started strumming his fingers not giving a chance for Chorong to oppose or worse leave the room. 

“Chorong-ah, listen to my heart.” Woohyun said with his eyes intently looking only at Chorong the whole time.

 (For First Time Lovers (Banmal Song) - Jung Yonghwa)

maen cheoeum neoreul bodeon nal
sujub giman hadeon neoye malgeun misodo
oneuri jinamyeon gakkawo jilgeoya
maeil seolleneun gidaereul hae


museun mareul geonde bolkka
eotteohke hamyeon niga useo julkka
soneul geonde boda eosaek hae jilkka bwa
meotjjeok eun useum man useo bwa


uri seoro banmal haneun sa iga dwe gireul
ajik jogeum seotureugo eosaek hande do
gomawo yo raneun maltu daeshin
jomdeo chinhage mareul hae jullae

 

uri seoro banmal haneun sa iga dwel geoya
hangeol eumsshik cheoncheonhi dagawa
ijen nae dununeul bara bomyeo mareul hae jullae
neol saranghae


neowa ye soneul jabdeon nal
shimjangi meomchu deuthan gibun deure
museun mal haetneunji gieok jocha anna
manyang seolle neun gibun ingeol


uri seoro banmal haneun sa iga dwe gireul
ajik jogeum seotureugo eosaek hande do
gomawo yo raneun maltu daeshin
jomdeo chinhage mareul hae jullae


uri seoro banmal haneun sa iga dwel geoya
hangeol eumsshik cheoncheonhi dagawa
ijen nae dununeul bara bomyeo, mareul hae jullae
neol saranghae


uri seoro saranghaneun sa iga dwe gireul
jabeun duson yeongwonhi nohji anheul kkeoya
bara boneun neoye nunbit soge
haengbokhan misoman itgil barae


uri seoro saranghaneun sa iga dwel kkeoya
akkyeo jugo pyeonhi gidaemyeon dwe
neoreul boneun naye du nun i
malhago isseo
neol SARANGHAE!

 

 

            By the time it ended oohing sound from the children teasing the two can hear in the room while the staffs in the orphanage were clapping teary eyed. However, the two cannot hear anymore and are just staring at each other.

“What does he think he’s doing?” Chorong asked to herself, though everything is clear to her already.

            Nothing is coming out from her head after that and just felt her feet walking out of the room. Stares followed her then to the man who ran after her.

 

            A warm hand on her arm stopped her wandering thoughts and feet. The owner walks in front of her, with sad eyes she has never seen from him before.

           

             “Chorong-ssi, what I said was all real. That wasn’t just a song. Believe me, I love you.”  He said trying to convince her as if she didn’t believe every word he uttered.

 

            However, the last three words she just heard from his lips are the words that she longed and at the same time afraid to hear from him. “Stop! Don’t ever say that again! You know my situation!” She said practically shouting.

 

            “Then I should be by your side more; I’ll be the wall that you can always lean on.” He replied trying to reach her hands but she backed away.

 

            “Woohyun-ah, I’m dying!” She said bitterly pointing out the reality to the lad. Her eyes welled up with tears looking straight at him and her words aches his heart like a knife cuts in.  “You know the feeling of losing someone. You need to be on someone’s side that will last long. And…that’s not me.”

 

            He let out a breath, holding in his tears as he wanted to deliver his feelings clearly. “Chorong-ssi… it is you that I love. It is you that I wanted to be with until the end. Don’t push me away because even if you do so… I will never leave your side.”

 

            “Love.” Wiping her last tear away she looks up and straight through his eyes. “Love is not enough.” She said firmly while making sure that her voice is not shaking then she turned to walk away. 

 

            Chorong isn’t far away when arms enveloped her from the back halted her again from taking more steps. She resisted but he even held her tight enough for her to stay. He then slowly rested his head on her shoulder and speaks softly.  “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.  Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always persevere…” He paused. Trying his best not to let his tears fall but it went contrary of what he wanted. Tears already started streaming down his face as he ended it. “Love… NEVER fails.” He whispered gently to her ears. Now her tears also became a waterfall.  Suddenly the walls she has built for years are slowly breaking in his each utterance.

 

            “Pabo-yah…Why are you making this hard for me?” She said in low voice just enough for him to hear. Enthralled and defeated Chorong didn’t resist anymore and quickly turns to wrapped him on her slender arms.  

 


A/N: Hi Everyone!

How are you guys? 

Thanks for reading. How is it? Don't forget to listen to Jung Yonghwa's Banmal song. <3 

 

Thank you and God bless!