The Grand Tour

Entanglements of the Heart Run Long and Deep

 

A/N: I decided to post this week's chapter early, just because I can. (:

 

Seunghyun hiked up his bag again before wandering down the hall but he felt eyes on him. He turned to see a pair of darkly made up eyes and long dark hair peeking around the corner before disappearing. Seunghyun walked further down the hall, swearing he had seen those eyes before.

“Hyung!”

Seunghyun snapped out of his daze to see Jiyong’s completely ecstatic expression as he bolted to embrace him.

“J-j-jiyong…um…you’re at work. You sure you want to be doing this here?” Seunghyun asked as he put his hand against his soft dark hair, even he didn’t believe his own words.

“Pssh! This place is really chill lately after all the auditions ended. I mean, there is a little tension in the air but that is all Hyunseung. He seriously won’t relax.” Jiyong passed off.

This is when Seunghyun noticed the person next to Jiyong. He had dark short hair that was spiked up with gel away from his very small eyes. He was a little taller than Jiyong but somehow had a happy appearance to him that may be attributed to his bright yellow t-shirt and baggy jeans. He also had slide on shoes that reminded Seunghyun of a pair he had at home.

“Oh! Seunghyun, this is Kang Daesung. He just got here after the first audition so he is pretty new too.” Jiyong said.

Daesung held out his hand while looking at his shoes. Seunghyun took it and shook it. Daesung looked up shocked.

“You are seriously the first person to actually shake my hand since I got here. When I’ve done that even President Yang slapped it and went for a knuckle bump.” Daesung explained.

“Is that a good thing?” Seunghyun asked, embarrassed.

“I don’t know, but you are definitely different.” Daesung answered with a bright smile.

Seunghyun offered a small smile in return.

“Alright, let’s let the tour begin. This place has changed a bit since you’ve been here last, Seunghyun.” Jiyong said with authority.

“Wasn’t he here at the first auditions?” Daesung asked oblivious.

“Well, yes, technically but I was referring to something else.” Jiyong replied, embarrassed.

“Huh?” Daesung asked.

“I have known Jiyong for a long time. I used to help him here when he just started as a helper around here.” Seunghyun told Daesung.

“Oh…okay. That clears a lot of things up.” Daesung said gazing out in deep thought.

Seunghyun really found this kid odd. One second he was happy and joking and a little dense, the next he was spacing out in his own thoughts, looking years older. Maybe he could learn something from him.

They wandered through hallways while Jiyong showed him recording studios with sofas, keyboards, computers, mixers, and even a turntable or two. One recording studio had an enlarged photo of a pretty much woman. Things really must be different here. There were a couple conference rooms that were plain with florescent lighting and long tables surrounded by chairs. What looked like same old dance studio that had no windows, only the giant mirror on the wall that Seunghyun wanted to run his fingers over again just to make sure all of this was real. He knew the old one must be gone after the renovations but this one looked almost identical.

“Anyways, that is this floor. President Hyun Suk’s office is on this floor since he is in charge of music quality. His brother’s office and all the administrative departments are downstairs…”

“Excuse me.”

A voice from behind them said before working into the studio. A boy with a soft face and dark hair that seemed to be cut in a shaggy bowl cut opened his bag to take out a cd to put in a stereo across the room. He then, oblivious to them, started stretching on the ground.

“Hyunseung! I’m kinda trying to give a tour here. We have a new trainee.” Jiyong said loudly with irritation laced in his voice.

“Oh? Really?” He asked, surprised.

“Yeah.” Daesung said.

“I told you there was a Hyunseung here.” Jiyong muttered in Seunghyun’s ear.

Seunghyun didn’t know whether to laugh or be in shock. He really was tense. He radiated it in waves. He watched what seemed to be his alter ego get up and walk over to meet him. Isn’t there some kind of weird reaction when two opposite powers meet? He didn’t want to end up like a comic book character with a curse or mysterious powers. Well, maybe the last one wouldn’t be too bad.

“Jang Hyunseung. I’m still kind of new here.” Hyunseung said with an extended hand.

“Aren’t most of us? You still have been here longer than…well, we are going to have to figure this out, but Seunghyun and I.” Daesung said with an amused expression at the end.

“Huh? Of course he has been here longer than me.” Seunghyun said.

“Uh…no…it’s not that. We have another Seunghyun here too. We may have to figure out nicknames or stage names or something or this will get confusing fast.” Jiyong explained.

Seunghyun seriously felt woozy from all this new information. When he woke up this morning he was just hoping to get through the auditions and possibly paperwork.

“Uh…Seunghyun? You don’t look so good.” Daesung commented.

“Hyung? Are you feeling alright?” Jiyong asked worried.

“I just feel a little overwhelmed with all of this.” Seunghyun explained.

“Oh! I’m so sorry to spring all of this on you. You want to go out for a bit? We can always talk about all this later.” Jiyong said.

Seunghyun nodded.

“Okay! I know the perfect place to help you relax. And on a side note, keep tomorrow night clear, we are going to celebrate.” Jiyong said smiling and pulling Seunghyun down the elevator and out the doors.

Seunghyun could get used to this, Jiyong holding his hand and leading him gently on their next adventure.