Beginning To Clean The Wound

Entanglements of the Heart Run Long and Deep

 

After a few minutes Jiyong finally lifted his head. Seunghyun scanned his face. He looked like he was had something heavy on his mind and heart. Seunghyun felt his heart squeeze with pain. Who knew that Jiyong could be so sensitive? He should be the one more hurt but here he was looking at Jiyong in pain and his problems seemed to disappear.

“Why did you run away? Why didn’t you answer me?’ Jiyong asked softly.

Seunghyun looked down at the dark table’s surface not feeling the strength to look at Jiyong while he spoke.

“So, Youngbae seems cool.” Seunghyun said softly.

“Yeah. He’s really nice. Is that what this is about?” Jiyong replied.

“It’s just, he’s so amazing and look at me. I am just not a good match for you. He has been with you all this time and I have only known you a short time. He raps and sings and dances. You seem to have a lot in common. Plus, he doesn’t look like me.” Seunghyun explained, tears forming in his eyes at the end.

“Seunghyun. I have something to say that may make you cheer up.” Jiyong said softly.

“I doubt it.” Seunghyun grumbled.

“Youngbae told me he is straight. So, whether he is really or I’m just not his style, it’s not going to happen.” Jiyong said, smirking when he saw the expression on Seunghyun’s face change.

Seunghyun was too embarrassed to speak. He was just a jealous fool when he had no relationship with Jiyong whatsoever. He just wanted to hide but Jiyong didn’t stop there.

“He has actually known about you and me from the beginning. Want to hear about our first meeting?” Jiyong asked.

Seunghyun didn’t answer him but Jiyong kept talking anyways after taking a deep breath. Maybe it was a rhetorical question.

“The day after you called me drunk, I met with Teddy. He said another trainee would be meeting us in half hour but being typical Youngbae, he was there extra early. I walked up to the table feeling like and there he was reading a comic book at a table with his feet kicked up on the table and large headphones over his ears, tapping his toe. I don’t know why but seeing him so relaxed when I was extremely tense and depressed made me mad. I pulled down his headphones and asked for his name. He looked up at me and smiled and introduced himself. I was a little early so he offered his headphones to me. I was grateful because I just gave away my player to you. He had lighter taste than me, lots of Michael Jackson, R&B, pop. People with rich voices. I didn’t mind too much though. It was less awkward this way. He just kept reading and didn’t look at me while I was really intrigued by him. He was much too relaxed but he seemed nice. Slowly you seeped into my thoughts. I kept thinking about you and what you might be doing. Before I knew it Youngbae was tapping me and pointing up at Teddy who was grimacing at me like he knew I was in pain. He said he came to talk to me about you but seeing how Youngbae was here, he would wait. Bae said it was cool and we could talk, he was really into his comic. So, Teddy told me all about what happened the day before. It hurt. He told me I needed to focus though and you would be okay. He told me to harness my feelings into lyrics. I kept looking over at Youngbae while Teddy spoke. He didn’t seem to turn the pages as quickly as before but nothing else was out of the ordinary. Afterwards, he joined the conversation and we talked about work expectations and training as well as introducing ourselves a bit. It was kind of awkward but I don’t know how it wouldn’t be. As we were leaving, Youngbae came up to me and put his arm around my shoulders. He said he had my back and love always finds a way. Ever since then, we have been pretty good friends. I was so nervous about him meeting you at the party. You were kind of like Sasquatch or the Lock Ness Monster to him. So, you don’t need to feel threatened by him. “ Jiyong explained, all while his hand was over Seunghyun’s on the table.

Seunghyun felt like such a . He should have just asked Jiyong. He said how he felt and he thought that was enough but how was he supposed to know.

“Why were you guys laughing at me? I know my dancing is really bad but that was cruel. I felt like I was being bullied all over again.” Seunghyun said, hurt in his voice.

“I’m really sorry, Seunghyun. It just reminded us of something in the comic book series we read. We didn’t mean to offend you. I knew you were trying your hardest but after having hardly any sleep and working all day, I just had to start laughing. It was bound to happen at one point it just happened at a really bad time.” Jiyong clarified.

Seunghyun nodded. He rubbed his neck. He was feeling way too tense lately. There were way too many problems on his plate for him to be himself and it was giving Jiyong a bad impression of him.

“Ugh. I don’t know about you but I could use a break tomorrow. Life is stressing me out too much lately and I can feel the same feeling coming off of you in waves. Let’s say I call Youngbae and all three of us hang out tomorrow. Things just always seem to be less tense when he is around and you guys can get to know each other more.” Jiyong offered.

Seunghyun thought for a moment. He really wanted to spend time with Jiyong but he didn’t trust himself completely to not be a nervous and stressed wreck. He also wanted to talk to this Youngbae kid, see what he was like. Maybe he was as nice as Jiyong said he was. He would never know until he gave him a shot so he nodded his consent to Jiyong who in return gave him a big toothy grin. He felt his heart skip and felt his lips tugging upwards.

“Finally. I finally got a smile out of you. Let’s take off for now though. I’m sure you are hungry for more than donuts and I just got a lovely text message from my omma telling me to come do my chores or my phone will be taken away.” Jiyong sighed heavily.

Seunghyun chuckled a little remembering Jiyong’s omma and her sweet persona. She would never take it away but you could tell from the look in Jiyong’s eyes that he was doing it for her.

“So, I’ll text you the time and place after I talk to Bae. See you later, hyung.” Jiyong said before embracing Seunghyun for a moment, sniffing him, letting go, and swiftly running away.

Seunghyun looked out the windows at the younger running so fluidly and he chuckled as he saw a slight blush on cheeks and a bottom lip being bit.

 

A/N: I am so sorry for not updating lately. If you haven't noticed by the one shots I have been in a mood for writing angst and lately and well...that is why it took so long. I apologize and promise to update again this week. ^^