The Past

Fulfilling a Dream

Sulli's POV:

< Past >

I just turned 4 years old today and I got to spend my birthday at a park! There was delicious cake and Krystal was there, so I got to play with her all day long! I am having so much fun running around until I look up at the sky...

"When did it get so dark?" I asked Krystal. She looks up too.

"I wonder... It felt like only a few minutes ago when we ate your birthday cake! How did time pass so quickly!?" She asked loudly.

As if by coincidence, Krystal's mother started to yell. "Come on, Krystal~ It's time to leave! It's getting dark now!"

Krystal sighed with disappointment written all on her face before answering politely, "A-Araso..."

Before she left, she waved with mixed feelings towards me and ran to her mother's car.

"Come on, Sulli~ We need to go too! We just finished cleaning all the food on the table, so come on! We're going to start the car soon!" my mother exclaimed.

"I got it," I replied as I walked into the car and put on my seat belt.

--

As I looked out the window, I could tell that my mother was going to say something since she kept on looking rough the rear-view mirrors just to see my face. Suddenly, out of nowhere, she asked something.

"Sulli, I know you are young, but I just wanted to ask, what would you like to be when you grow up?"

I immediately answered. "I want to be a model!"

Both of my parents turned a little stiff after they heard what I said.

"Why would you want to be a model? What about being a lawyer or a doctor?" She asked, trying to change my mind.

"No, mianhae, but I want to be a model! While Krystal's mommy was unpacking some old boxes in the garage, I saw this book that had pretty models in it! It was beautiful~!!! I want to be just like them and dress into lots and lots of clothes!!!" I explained cheerfully.

However, at the corner of my eye, I looked at their expressions. it seems that both of them were surprised and was talking without physically saying anything. It was like they could just use their eyes to talk or they could read eachother's minds.

Finally, dad had spoken in this conversation. "Sulli, can you fulfill that promise of being a model when you grow up?"

I finally faced their directions. "Yes!"

"Pinky promise me," my dad pouted, trying out his aegyo, which deserved a punch on the arm by my mom.

Although it got a punch, he held out his pinky with a sincere expression on his face. As I looked at the hand, I knew that I would have to keep this promise. Even though I was young, my parents always repeated that we should always keep our promises. No matter how small or how big, we should keep it, even if it costs an arm or a leg. 

I held out my pinky and our hands were together. When my thumb touched his, I knew that I would have to use my time trying to fulfill this promise at that single second.

~ End of Sulli's POV ~ 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is chapter 1! I hope you guys like it... :) By the way, I give my thanks to those 6 subscribers who subscribed even before I started my story!

Here are these AWESOME people:

mommymommy , alecita , ajengwoo , Star94 , Hellomylov33 , and cheapylime , you guys are wonderfully awesome~!!!

To those new readers:

I hope you guys enjoy reading it! I know my stories might not be perfect, but you guys who read it give me enough courage to update a new chapter for all my stories. I hope you guys can write a comment on what you think about this story... It might be just a few words to you, but to me, it is encouragement in making the next chapter.

Thanks for reading~!!!!