Body Work

Sacrifice: Work or Love?

pic credit: Tumblr


 

Playlink

Making their way back into the club, HongBin was the first to spot Leo. He signaled his fellow member to the group of people they were with. The music was blasting through giant speakers, with strobe lights flashing everywhere, smoke machines spewing smoke onto the dance floor, and all coming together with mashed conversations between people.

 

HongBin, having spoken to Eva earlier whom asked him to get Leo to dance tonight, managed to pull Leo in despite his hyung’s grip onto the dance floor. Leo momentarily grunted when he felt another pair of hands on his back lightly push him in.

 

He heard Lina’s laugh behind him, and smirked, Liina…

 

Through the colorful flashing lights, he met eyes with Eva. Her eyes lit up when she saw that he was out there with the rest of them. He softly smiled at her, and started to sway his body to the rhythm. Leo’s eyebrow twitched when he noticed that Jihoo wasn’t by Eva’s side. His eyes scanned the dance floor, and there was no JiHoo. He twisted his neck behind him, and caught a glimpse of JiHoo downing a tall shot.

 

Drinking the guilt away I see..

 

He continued to dance along with the beats, and he felt two hands grasp his wrists, pulling them up in the air.

 

Jesus N..

 

The leader was certainly enjoying himself- and he especially enjoyed getting their lion out of his comfort zone like this. Leo just went along with it, not wanting to spoil the moment for s. He looked past N and looked at Eva and Nara dancing. He gulped harshly when saw Eva doing a body roll- and supporting herself with her right hand on Nara’s shoulder. Leo studied her how the side of her red lips formed a small curve at the ends, and how her half lidded eyes looked down towards the floor.

 

She quickly picked them back up, and Leo’s eyes shot back to N. Ken and Ravi came on both sides of Leo formed a tiny circle around him. He laughed at s, and kept moving his feet. He saw that JiHoo had come back to the dance floor, and tried to keep up Eva’s fast movements.

 

Leo could see the smiles exchanged between them; it was as if he hadn’t done anything wrong. But to Eva, he hadn’t.

 

He looked to his left, spotting Lina and HongBin dancing together. Her hands were covering her face while she laughed hysterically. HongBin looked down at her with his signature smile gracing his features.

 

Those two seem to be having a good time..

 

While he looked at the two dancing, he noticed Eva walking her way over to Lina. Lina looked over to Eva, and nodded her head. She excused herself from HongBin, who nodded his head slightly and walked towards s.

 

Eva linked her arms with Lina and walking back to their VIP room. Eva opened up the sheer curtains and let Lina walk in before her. She plopped herself down on the couch, and Eva reached for two glasses to fix them another drink.

 

So…”  Eva teased Lina. Her hands working diligently on pouring the correct amount of alcohol for the light weight Lina.

 

Lina who was looking out to the dance floor, cocked her head at Eva, “so…what?” Her facial expression was confused, and yet there was a slight smile playing on her pink colored lips. Actually, Eva noticed how that slight smile was dancing on her lips the moment she came back onto the dance floor.

 

Lina’s casual response had Eva with a smug look on her face as she closed in on Lina, handing her a cup she sat down besides her friend. “You and Leo unnie!” She practically squealed out.

 

Lina who was in the middle of taking a sip of her drink, opened her eyes, and arched an eyebrow. Calmly finishing her drink, she placed it back down on the clear table. She crossed her legs and put her elbow on her knee propping her head on top of her hand. “Yeah right.” A laugh threatened to come out, but Lina held it back.

 

Eva chuckled and lightly punched her shoulder- “Everytime I see you both- you’re always in some sort of secret talk together.”

 

Lina, playfully rolled her eyes. She really doesn’t even notice- does she?  The redhead uncrossed her legs and took another swig of her drink. “Trust me- it’s nothing like that. At all.”

 

Eva stretched out a long ‘okay’ following with a “whatever you say~” and placed the clear glass back into her hand. They both got up with the clicking of their heels on the marbled floor; they exited the dimly lit area.

 

They both walked- arms linked together into the sea of people. Eva scanned her eyes over towards the bar and found JiHoo talking to one of the Jellyfish employees. He hadn’t seen her, but she still smiled at him and resumed her dancing. Everyone was one another bopping their bodies to the beat of the music.

 

It’s so good to see Leo joining.  She beamed at him, and consequently he had met her eyes in the way that they always did. Dancing her way past people, she pulled Leo over towards her. His heart beat racing at her touch, and even more with the close proximity of their bodies.

 

Playlink

 

He looked down at her and her eyes were in the shape of half moons as she looked back at him. With no JiHoo in sight, something clicked in his brain and he went right along with it. He wanted to wrap his arms around her, but decided not to go that far.

He danced along with her, and then Lina joined in with HongBin, N, In Guk, and Hoya. As they all danced together, the rest of the group that was somewhat scattered throughout the floor came together and formed a huge circle in the middle of the dance floor.

 

Omo- don’t tell me they’re gonna…

 

Hoya was the first to step in the center of the dance floor, showcasing his expertise to everyone who circled around him. The roars of people’s cheers were heard when he went into full on B-Boy style.

 

With gaped open, Leo looked at Eva- she looked blown away. His lips turned up, looking at her surprised facial expressions, she’s so cute.

 

One by one, people were either being pulled out, and went by their own choice in the middle of the circle. Center Stage.

 

After In Guk coolly showed his dance moves, the next ones that went up were N and Ravi. The duo danced their way into the middle of the circle, and started free styling.

 

Eva turned her head, and leaned into Leo’s ear, “When N’s dancing- I think those are few times where the word ‘Njumma’ doesn’t suit him.” She laughed in his ear, her breath gently grazing his earlobe- Leo quickly flinched. Luckily for him- it seemed more like a part of his dancing than anything else.

 

Chuckling, he leaned down into her ear; “It’s also the only time he isn’t speaking…” Eva chortled, and smacked his arm, mouthing the words ‘you’re bad!’

 

Doing one last pose, N and Ravi humorously moonwalked their way out of circle. Ken came in next dancing, are sorts of weird ways. His legs at one point came up in a karate kick, following up with an Arabic belly dance movement gaining a wave of laughter from everyone.

 

Ken- y-ah~!” Eva yelled at him and she could hear Leo literally burst in laughter right next to her.

 

After Ken’s gag dance, Lina pushed Eva into the circle. Stumbling her way in the middle, Lina was soon pushed into the middle as well thanks to a mischievous HongBin. For a moment, they looked at each other- Eva nodding at Lina. She took each one of her hands, and they entered in salsa freestyle. Even though Lina, was in fact Korean, being that she was best friend’s with Lina for years- Eva always made a point to get Lina to know some Spanish culture. This included learning Spanish dances.

 

Lina, lead the beginning of the dance, while Eva followed. Despite the fact that the music was techno, they both still managed to make the moves fit with the beat of the song.

 

Leo looked at how all the guys in the howling at the two swaying their hips and rapidly moving their legs. Eva spun Lina around clockwise, then back counterclockwise dipping her body down to a pose- where Lina’s leg wrapped around Eva’s hip. Picking her back up Eva and Lina broke apart and freestyled for a bit. Lina went around to some of the guys and playfully ran her hands across their shoulders.

 

Coming back together, Lina grasped onto Eva’s hands, moving them to the left and to the right.  They kicked their legs in opposite directions, hands still holding on together, they pulled away from each other to just bring themselves right back together.

 

Leo looked in awe, watching Eva’s hair violently move in the air, and how she maintained complete eye contact with Lina throughout their whole dance.

 

She really is talented.

 

Lina, took Eva’s right hand and lifted it up, with a quick flick of her hand against her waist, Eva went off in a spin, and another spin, and another spin. Eva spun around so much, that he was amazed at how she wasn’t stumbling when she made her final pose with Lina.

 

The crowd hollered and some whistled at the two girls that danced back to their spots in the circle. Eva saw thumbs up from the VIXX members, and she smiled at them. Three of the members of the beauty crew next walked in the circle and happily jumped in the middle doing funny poses.

 

Lina- you were awesome” Eva told her friend. Lina gently pushed her shoulder- “You can’t give me all the credit.” Eva’s eyes narrowed as a smile formed on her lips.

 

“That was amazing” Leo’s voice played into her ear, and Eva’s head perked up. She gave him a little thumbs up with a mouthed ‘thank you’.

 

After the 3 girls, In Guk; who was next to Leo pushed him into the middle.

 

Why is everyone pushing me today…

 

He had no other option than to just go and dance. It could have been that he had a tiny bit of liquid courage- that made even more confident to dance…but did he dance.

 

There was once before debut where Sung Si Kyung, had told Leo that his dancing was actual better than his singing.

 

Tonight- that statement was correct. He left himself be taken away by blaring beats of the song and freely danced. Leo could hear Eva’s loud cheers from the side and it only fueled him more. He twisted his body this way and that. Popping his chest, with his hands emphasizing the movement garnered loud cheers from the girls in the group.

 

He rolled his body, all the way to his toes, getting on one knee and spun himself. After a spin, he stopped with a huff from his chest- a smile formed on his plush lips. Leo flipped his hair out of his face, and he was turned around to walk back towards Eva. When he turned around, he unfortunately recognized someone to next to her. He stood in between Eva and Lina but as he saw Leo come closer, he switched his position to the right of Eva- this way he wouldn’t be standing next to her. He ignored his stare, and just looked at Eva and Lina- who were raising their hands up for a high fives.

 

Idiot.

 

When JiHoo switched his position to Eva’s left side, he left open the right side of her that was next to Lina. Leo looked at JiHoo and smirked at him as he walked in between Eva and Lina. He looked at Lina and she slightly shook head at him- laughing.

 

Now- you were amazing!”  Eva leaned in towards his ear making both of his eyebrows raised at the sound of her voice. She kept clapping her hands to the beat as others made their way into the circle, “You should dance like that more often! You looked really cool~” She showed him a toothy smile. With JiHoo catching their interactions, he grasped his arm around Eva’s waist more, and went in to attack her neck with a kiss. How Leo was leaned into Eva’s ear he ending up seeing up close and personal JiHoo’s attack.

 

This freaking guy.

 

Eva automatically retracted her body, and turned around towards JiHoo, slightly shoving his shoulder and saying something along the lines of, “What are you doing!.. I’m talking to someone..” He only gave her a greasy smile- and Leo mentally gave him a disgusted look.

 

He turned his attention from JiHoo, and just clapped at the next people dancing.

 

Alright- you’re cut from any more alcohol!”  Eva’s voice sounded stern and at the same time cheerful.

 

How does she do that?

 

The group closed the circle and came back together, mashing themselves against one another as they danced. The night went on with everyone dancing and having a good time. N, only stepped out of the dance floor when he had to use the bathroom, other than that no one could get him off of it. Ken danced, talked with some of the employees by cracking jokes and making disgustingly cute faces. Ravi spent the night dancing, exchanging glances with some of the girls on the dance floor, and talking with Hoya. They exchanged twitter handles, and talked about their favorite rappers currently.

 

Hyuk danced by N throughout the night- or talked with Eva. Lina was found talking with Leo, and HongBin while Eva tended to her somewhat drunk boyfriend.

 

Eva groaned as took away another glass from JiHoo’s hands. Even though he wasn’t completely drunk- just feeling a bit too nice- she knew if he kept on the rate of drinking, he was doing. He would soon become irritable, and she didn’t want to have to put everyone else through hell.

 

She looked down at her phone, surprising herself with the current time; she picked up her red chain leather clutch from the high stool by the bar and wrapped it around her. “I’ll be right back.” Eva told her boyfriend, who happily smiled at her.

 

She clicked her heels onto the marbled floor in their VIP section. She saw the VIXX members (minus N and Hyuk), Lina, Nara, 2 girls from the beauty crew, and Hoya lounging down on the large couch casually sipping away their drinks. Eva bowed at everyone and Leo looked confused as she walked over towards him. She leaned over him to give Lina a kiss on the cheek and quick hug. Lina with a confused look on her face, lightly grabbed her arm, “Hey- you leaving?”

 

Yeah- it’s late…and JiHoo has to head in the office really early tomorrow.” Lina eye’s darted onto Leo’s and back to Eva’s. “Arasso. Be safe.”

 

Eva nodded, and Nara lifted her hand- “Call me when you get home okay?” Her hand signed a ‘phone’. She smiled at her boss and continued to say goodbye to everyone.

 

Leo’s face stayed completely expressionless as he saw her leave through the curtains. Lina witnessing his silent disappointed, gently placed her hand on his shoulder. Leo turned his head over towards her and a small smile of acknowledgement appeared on his lips. HongBin who was next to Nara, and across from the two, caught their moment and his eyebrows faintly furrowed together.

 

~

Playlink

(3 Days Later)

 

Well, that’s the last of it!” Eva dusted off her hands, and closed the back of the van door. Friday had finally come and VIXX were going on their first 3-day variety filming. Thanks to the current success of On & On, they were asked by the broadcast company to be their special guest of the month.

 

Leo smiled at Eva as she grinned at the Ahjumma brothers doing their regular gag routines. Hyuk, came towards Eva, “Noona- are you excited for the filming!” His bright personality coming through in the way he spoke.

 

Eva nodded her head, “You guys will probably have to work really hard these next days, so go ahead to the van and get some shut eye.” Hyuk looked down at Eva and laughed.

 

Eva noona- you seem like a mother these days!” He chuckled,

 

Her face softened at his comment, and then quickly changed into a offended facial expression –“Yah! You calling me old!”  She clicked her tongue at him and playfully acted like she was going to hit him. The sassy maknae ran away from Eva laughing loudly, leaving Leo and Eva next to the van that the beauty crew and herself would be entering.

 

Taekwoon-ah, are you excited for this weekend?” Her gentle voice hitting his ears, he turned towards her. He did his usually nods, and she clasped her hands with a small excited sound escaping her orange tinted lips. She excused herself and walked towards their manager to talk about any last arrangements that needed to be done. His eyes glazed over her figure- how her beach waved hair bounced and how her long cardigan swayed as she walked.

 

A sighed laugh left his lips.

 

I’ll be spending a whole weekend with you…

 

He kept pondering, a whole weekend…

 

After the night of the company dinner and the after party- he finally had gotten his feelings sorted out. He knew that these 3 days he would be spending a lot of time with everyone, and in particularly Eva. He would be able to talk to her more, further delving himself into her confidence.

 

He nodded to himself. It was last night during one of his insomniac episodes that he decided after this weekend he would tell Eva about JiHoo. And maybe he waited this whole time to tell her the truth because he didn’t know whether she would believe him or not. Also, him being an idol- he didn’t have the time to go around and spy on JiHoo on when he would slip up again. Leo’s only gleam of hope would be to rely on Eva’s trust for him. Maybe that was the reason why he let himself open up like he did the night that they all went out.

 

Hyung!” Ravi's gravelly voice interrupted Leo’s pondering. He blinked his eyes numerous times before acknowledging his group member’s effort to get his attention. 

 

Once he looked at Ravi, his group member signaled him over to their van. I guess it’s time to hit the road.

 

It was going to take them 3-4 hours to get to their destination. Leo looked up at the once clear skies as dark clouds started coming together. Looks like it’ll be pouring down here- we better hurry up and get out of the city.

 

He ducked his head down and took his seat in the van. He looked at down at his ITouch, pressing the button on his headphones the music flooded into his ears. His other members joined in the van, HongBin was the last one to get inside, and as he did, Ken leaned in and closed the door shut. Leo was aimlessly looking out of the window when he saw Eva on his side of the window waving bye to them- he wasn’t sure if she could see him through the black tinted windows, but he smiled at her, and weakly waved his hand.

 

Leo’s body jolted at Eva’s sudden duck when the harsh thunder sounded off in the sky. His anthracite black orbs followed her as she ran into the other van behind them. He could hear the engine of the car starting up, and he rested his head back on the seat. His eyelids slowly closed and before he knew it, he drifted off to sleep. 

 

 

There's plenty of things that could happen within 3 days...

 


[A/N] I know this chapter lacked a bit in the excitement department. But I really wanted to write out the after party scene.. I already have the next chapter halfway done. 

I was going to just put it all together, but then it would of been one- super long chapter. Hey! Atleast chapter 17 its already halfway done- so it'll be up much faster :) Also, howd you like my sprinkling in Hoya in there, any Hoya lovers here? Lol. 

Question of the day: What do you think will happen in the next three days? 

@Coralie_x_SHINee: Hmmm. Are you a detective or something- already sniffing out some possible minor character relationships~ 

@Ilovekpopforever: Yes- men talk. I was happy writing that part, cause I really wanted Leo to stick it to JiHoo. I like Lina's character too :) Eva's lucky to have a friend like her! 

@sarahmariecarmel: OMG- this is like the funniest comment by far. Haha, how does your boyfriend feel about you reading stories about totally hot guys lolol. And thank you thank you for the compliment! So sorry that this chapter was a bit boring, cause it didn't have a whole lot of Leo x Eva interactions- but I gotta add some other character interactions and substories ya know. Yeah I was hoping that readers would find Leo really cool tbh. 

@aidapark: FREAKING THANK YOU FOR THAT. Cause it totally played out amazing in my imagintation- so happy that someone else saw it <3 <3 I know- honestly JiHoo would of folded like that- at the man's gaze lol. 

@mydivakey: Yay~ you saw it too~ lolol. You know I kinda contemplated whether she should of been another antagonist, but then it would of made Eva seem like an idiot- having all these bad people around her -__- and not noticing. 

@starriblue: Yes me too! I hope Eva isn't like unrealistically cool to everyone. ._. lol. Leo x Eva ftw! Awww~~ thank you soooo much. Like I honestly don't even know if people read it with the music (which kinda makes me sad..) but- yay thanks for letting me know! I hope you liked this chapter's music!! 

&&&  A SUPER HUGE HUG TO: Moohani! Thank you so~~~~~~~~ much for voting up my story! *throws sprinkles at you*