Practice

Sacrifice: Work or Love?

pic credit: Tumblr

 

Grabbing his track sweats with his free hand, he nervously wiped his clammy hands. A huge sigh left his lungs, and he nervously his lips, “Eva…” His voice was soft and tender to her ears. Appreciating the scenery around them, she picked up her head back up at him. A small sound came from her lips- he had her attention.

In that moment, it felt like time was standing still. The sounds of cars off in a distance, they couldn’t bother them now. The shuffles of other people in the opposite direction, they couldn’t bother them now. Or the rustling in the bushes and trees, they couldn’t bother them now.

He raised his hand and lightly laid it on her arm, they both stopped in the middle of the sidewalk. He looked at her red stained lips, his heart beat rapidly increasing, and another heavy sigh left his lungs, “Eva… I…”

 


 

Playlink

'Ah!’

His words were caught off by Eva’s small multiple sneezes.

Oh, she sneezes so cute- she sounds like a cat.

About 4 cat sneezes in, a normal one came out, making her right foot stomp on the ground.  Feeling the burning sensation on her chest, she opened her eyes and looked down. What she found made gape open and horror was shown in her eyes.

OH. MY. GOD. I just spilled coffee on Nara’s dress!”

Leo’s shocked face was enough to make Eva worry even more.

AND. IT. BURRRNS!” She jumped up and down fanning her chest area, and blowing air onto it. Leo was too distracted with the way her chest was bouncing to act rapidly. Eva’s small ‘ow’s’ took him back to the situation at hand. He swatted his hands in front of her chest, looking away with his now red flushed cheeks.

After a minute or so, Eva calmed down, “Okay- doesn’t burn anymore” She sighed and wiped her forehead. She looked back down, “BUT I STILL SPILLED COFFEE ON HER DRESS! I DON’T EVEN KNOW HOW MUCH THIS COSTS!” She yelled again, pacing in a circle talking to herself. Leo laughed at the surprisingly charming spectacle that was Eva Kim.

She came to a quick stop, and darted her intense glare at Leo, “Taekwooooon- it’s not funny!”

He put a hand in his pocket, and titled his chin at her, “Why don’t you take it to a dry cleaners?” Eva’s eye’s popped out of her sockets; she snapped her fingers in front of .

Taekwoon- you’re a genius!” He looked down to the ground and a laugh escaped his lips.

“Let’s go, I’m sure there’s one around here.”

 

~

 

Walking into the dry cleaners, the sound of a small bell rang inside the shop and the smell of lavender washed over them. Entering, they both greeted and bowed to the ahjumma at the counter, her almost completely white hair was pushed back into a french twist. Several steps inside the shop, Eva quickly stepped in front of Leo, “Wait- I don’t have anything to change into..” He could sense the worry in her tone.

The only options he could think of were, “You could buy another outfit to change into or….I have my gym clothes here…” He pointed at his duffle bag. “…But they’re kinda dirty though. I was going to wash them today.”

Thinking that she wasn’t going to with the latter, he bowed to the ahjumma at the counter and then he turned around to go out of the dry cleaners. “Whatever, that’s okay- I’ll take them.” Eva grabbed Leo’s arm, and spun him back around to face her.

Was she serious?!

She scrambled her hands into his duffle bag, and he stood there in shock, his head didn’t move from it’s position but his eyes looked down at her. She took out a large shirt, and shorts. “Thank you sassypants!” Turning back around towards the counter, she asked the elderly woman if she could use their restroom. Pointing to the back of the room, Eva thanked the woman and made her way over.

 

Leo walked closer to the counter and just tapped his fingers on the counter. I can’t believe she really just did that. He laughed, Oh Eva. Lightly shaking his head, the older woman spoke up to him,

 

Her lightly pink lips parted, “You both make a lovely couple.” Emphasizing the deep wrinkles around her eyes, she smiled at Leo. Dumbfounded he let her sentence sink in.

 

Lovely…couple?

He choked on a smile- “It’s n-”

 

Okay I’m done!”  Out the door came Eva, looking ridiculously adorable. Leo took a step back from counter, and let she handed the dress to the elderly woman. He took another step back and just looked at Eva. The black shorts she took from him were tied up all the way to her waist, with the white jersey tucked into the shorts and fluffed out. To top it off she threw the black jacket over her, and in a crazy way, she actually made it work.

 

I guess this is what they call being a stylist…

 

Saying their thanks and goodbyes to the ahjumma at the counter, Leo looked back at her. He gave her a giant smile- something that he rarely did for anyone. The woman waved her hand to say goodbye with a smile planted on her face, he turned back around to go out the door. His expression going back to his serene calm look, he looked over to Eva.

 

Playlink

 

As if she knew he was looking at her, Eva looked up to meet Leo’s eyes; quickly he turned his head looking directly ahead. “Thank you Taekwoon-ah.”

 

He still looked straight ahead, giving her a side smirk to form on his plush lips. Eva walked next to him, her white heels clicking away on the Seoul night streets.

 

Man, that could of gone really bad…” She raised one of her hands, placing it behind her neck. Slowly rubbing at back of her neck, she opened her red stained lips, “I’m going to have to be extra careful tomorrow…”

 

Leo’s soft voice cut into the conversation, “Tomorrow?” His eyebrows knitted peering into her chocolate colored eyes that were outlined with semi-thick cat eyeliner, going together with her long curved eyelashes.

 

Her hand fell back down to her side, “Yeah the company dinner tomorrow? Well Nara picked out a dress for me to wear.”

 

He had forgotten all about the company dinner, it was said to be a quarterly thing that the company did. A chance to let the employees mingle, relax, and enjoy a night accompanied with all Jellyfish Entertainment artists performing on a single stage. This would be the first one VIXX would be attending-and also performing. “And let me tell you..that dress. Man…” Her eyes widened and she shook her head lightly letting a huff out of her lips.

 

That dress what? He thought, but he wouldn’t ask. If today’s dress caused a stir with the guys, I could only imagine what will happen tomorrow.

 

Still walking along her side, he face palmed himself and titled his head back, successfully walking without bumping into anything.

 

What?” Eva placed her hand on his shoulder, with a suspicious smile she asked him what was wrong.

 

He let his hand go, falling back into its position- he half smiled at Eva “Anni, it’s nothing”. his lips, he shrugged his shoulders, lifting his hand to finish the coffee he had left in his cup.

 

He discreetly frowned at his empty cup- but not discreetly enough, because Eva caught his expression in the corner of her eyes. Walking towards a garbage can, he tossed the empty cup into the recycle slit. Once he came back to Eva’s side, she lifted her cup in front of his face, “Do you want some of mine?” Looking a bit confused at her actions, Eva insisted even more, “I’m a bit full, you can have the rest.” No, she wasn’t really full, but the least she could do right now for Leo was to let him enjoy some more coffee. At least. After her insisting, he obliged and took the cup from her hand. Their fingertips barely touched.

 

She stuffed her hands into the large pockets that were on the jacket. Titling her head towards him, she saw him take a sip. “Oh-what was it that you wanted to tell me before that whole coffee thing happened?”

 

Getting caught off guard, he choked on the sip of coffee he was having. Eva patted his back in an attempt to help him and he nodded his head saying he was okay. He wiped off the coffee that was splattered by his mouth with the back of his hand. Meeting her almond shaped eyes, he lied, “Hm, I don’t remember..” Crossing the street, once they were on the other side he added, “I guess it wasn’t important.”

 

It was important. It was extremely important. But Eva, I am too much of a coward to tell you.

 

~

 

Leo woke up, today not with bags under his eyes, but in a great mood. Even forgetting the mild scolding, he received him his leader for coming back to the dorm late. N probably thought Leo was being Leo, and not paying attention to his words, just letting it come go through one ear to the other. But in fact, he wasn’t acting like that, no, he just kept on thinking about the afternoon he spent with Eva. Everything else was just…not as relevant.

 

Today was the company dinner and he couldn’t wait to see Eva. He walked towards the bathroom and then it hit him, oh the guys are going to see her too. He groaned as he walked into the bathroom.

 

Going about his daily routine, he made sure to get to the practice room extra early. After all, they would be performing in front of the company, and more importantly for Leo; he was performing in front of Eva.

 

~

Playlink

 

Walking inside the fifth floor, his ears were met with a soft voice. If it wasn’t for the small laugh in between the lyrics, he would of never guessed who it was. Opening the makeup supply room, he saw Eva crouched down on the floor packing makeup supplies with her back to him-singing.

 

Entranced in her own singing, she titled her head from side to side. “Byul, byul, byul”, Leo was taken aback just leaning against the doorway, “byulmankeum saranghae~” Her voice was distinct to him, how she sang the song- so happy and…. in love. Before she could get another lyric in, Leo commented on her voice, but he didn’t mean to cut her off. He would of let her go on for ages; her voice was beautiful to him, “Wow.”

 

She jumped at the sound of his voice, consequently she jumped so much, she lost her balance and plopped her behind roughly on the ground. Rubbing her soon be bruised area, she wiped her hair off of her face meeting Leo’s. “Hey.”

 

She got up with Leo’s eyes never leaving her, she dusted off her shorts, “Thought I would have been here by myself this morning..” Giving him a toothy smile, a small laugh escaped him. “Do you know how many types of contacts we have for you guys.”  She pointed to a wall, “Just this- are contacts!” Walking past Leo, she went in the other room to grab some more boxes of supplies. When she returned to the supply room, Leo was still there towering over her against the doorway. “You have a nice voice.” He clasped his hands in front of him, and just intently looked at her. Eva picked her head back up, “So do you.” She smirked at him, and he replied with the same look. It was the first time she had complimented his singing, and he could feel his heart skip a beat. She walked toward him; closing the door behind them, “Well, stocked up the inventory!”  

 

They walked into the practice room together, and Eva plopped down onto the couch, “I’m so excited for tonight!” She laid her body across the brown couch. Propping her head onto her palm, she looked at Leo who was stretching on the floor. “Taekwoon-ah, did you come extra early to practice?”

 

His hands were above his head when he looked her way, “Obviously.” He sarcastically smiled at her. Automatically her finger was pointed at his face, “Oh Sassypants is present today!” Her infectious laugh vibrated through the room.

“We’re performing two songs tonight.” Leo picked himself up, and Eva’s eyes trailed up with him.

Eva crossed her legs, “Ah- I don’t want to be an idol and on & on?” Leo looked back at her, his eyes were all she needed to see, and it was his way of saying yes. “Aw, the ballad song is so cute.” She clasped her hands together and pressed them to the side of her face, tilting it to one side.

Leo walked over to the soundboard, after pressing a couple of buttons and plugging in his ipod, he walked back over to Eva with two microphones in his hands. “What to sing it with me?”

Did. I. Just. Say. That? Oh man, I hope she doesn’t reject it- then it’ll be..

She looked at the microphone and then at him, “You kidding? It’s your practice time, not karaoke time.” She laughed it off, and walked over to the soundboard.

Embarrassing

Leo turned his body over towards her, “I’m serious. You can sing Ken’s verses.” Serious was what his facial expression bore, and gentle was the tone of his voice. After a minute of hesitation, she accepted the microphone from his hands. “Well we do have some time before everyone comes in..”  She shrugged off her shoulders, “On one condition!”

Pleased with himself, Leo looked at Eva’s reflection in the mirror, his eyebrow raised, “I’m going to change the lyrics around, so don’t be surprised.” He looked at her with a confused face, but to her it looked more like a lost puppy looking back at him.   

I wonder how she’s going to the change the lyrics. He huffed a laugh and Eva pressed play on his Ipod. Within seconds, the room was vibrating with the slow strums of a guitar, showtime.

Eva looked at the mirror, meeting Leo; she lifted the microphone to .

 

playlink

 

“Because of your endless schedules
It’s not easy to see your face
You inside the TV, me watching you on TV
That’s how we date”

 

This is what she meant by changing the lyrics. He looked at her while she sang, while her tiny hand grasped the microphone. Leo smiled inside.

 

“Should I quit?
When I think about you, I keep getting weak”

 

As she sang the song, he caught on quickly how she would be changing the words. He joined her in the chorus, her facial expression surprised, but still singing the song, they both sang-to each other.

 

“Because you’re an idol, because you’re a celebrity
I can’t hold your hand when we walk but
When you become more famous, when you become more confident
I will give you all the love I couldn’t give you now”

 

He was delighted- on the inside of course. She had given their song a whole new flare. Their facial expressions matched the words that were so beautifully pouring out of their mouths into the room.

 


“I want to go out and go to the movies

I want to stick close to you and walk all day

Things that everyone else does,

things that are normal

Those things are difficult for us”

 

I wonder, if this is would be the reality if we were ever together. His heart twisted. He threw his soul into the song.

 

“I wondered if we should break up

a few times, but I love you too much”

 

Even though it was only a song, and he was only singing lyrics, there was some truth behind the words for Leo.

 

Together they both resumed to the original lyrics, with their voices melting into one. Leo balled one of his fists together throwing it in the air as a way to get out those notes.

 

“Because I’m an idol, because I’m a celebrity

I can’t hold your hand when we walk but

When I become more famous,

when I become more confident

I will give you all the love

I couldn’t give you now”

 

Smiles were exchanged in the song, and as the third verse came up, Eva closed in on Leo. She walked closer to him, she raised her hand and brushed it along his cheek as she sang. Naturally, he titled into her touch. Going on the second line of the third verse, she pushed herself back away from him.

She’s roleplaying with the song again. He figured. 

 

“As much as you love me, music is

so important to you too so you can’t help it”

After some time passes,

after I become a bit more famous

I will reveal you to the world – I love you

 

Of course, he really didn’t think that she was being.. serious. But it didn’t stop his heart from racing at her touch. In the last verse, Eva’s waved hair, bounced as she dipped her head when singing lower octaves, and returning back up to hit the higher ones. Their voices came together, and it became a true duet. The feelings were all on the table, so much that they both didn’t see the rest of the members peeking through the slightly cracked slide in doors.

The maknae, went to slid in a sarcastic remark, but before he could get a word out, his mouth was met with N’s hand. “Shh..”

All five members, one head on top of another stood they in awe at the performance that was happening before their eyes.

 

“Because of all the cameras, because of your manager

You kept pushing back our dates”

“When my music succeeds,

when everything goes well

I will give you all the love I couldn’t give you now”

 

Looking at one another, immerse the song he had never felt so close to her before. He wanted to reach out to her, to hold her hand as they sang…he could of just went along with the roleplaying but it was too risky .

 

“I’ll do everything for you,

I’ll give you everything”

 

“This song is for you

I love you”

 

He listened to her voice, although it didn’t have refinement of one who has had vocal training- it was raw and passionate. Stretching out the last line, Eva met Leo’s eyes. His heart inside beamed at her, and a small smile tugged on his lip. Feeling the beat of his heart that pounded against his chest, he realized how different it was to sing a song that he could actually relate to and express the same feeling towards. The song prior to meeting Eva was a song that was mostly made from Ken’s own experience, but now he understand ’s feelings. And what he must of gone through..

 

With not more than a second after the song ended, through the slide in doors came in the cavalry. N was the first one to start, “Oh that was very.. hot~” Jokingly fanning himself, he walked over to the duo. Eva looked at N, surprised, she asked him and the rest of VIXX-“How long were you guys standing there?”

 

The sassy maknae was finally aloud to open his mouth, “Long enough.” Eva shot him a look, and he innocently responded with an eye smile….now how could she resist that?

 

Ken patted Leo’s back, and pulled an Njumma,  “Yes- indeed it was very..hot~” Eva shyly laughed and went to go put down the microphone. “Ottokaji~~Eva, I didn’t know you could sing!”  He flashed her a giant smile, as he went to go plop himself down on the wooden floor.

 

“I really liked the change of the lyrics!” Ravi being the composer that he is couldn’t help but acknowledge Eva’s efforts. She gave him a friendly punch in the arm-“Thank you~ and thanks to you too Kenjumma”

 

Eva walked towards the door, “Well, since everyone’s here, let me get out your outfits for today.” She smiled at them and shortly left, leaving Leo with a pack of wolves. With Ken picking himself back up, the six members surrounded him in a circle with their arms folded.

Oh crap.

Preparing for the worst, Leo remained calm and expressionless. With his hands in front of his body, he stared back at s, and proceeded to walk towards the brown leather couch. Ken spun himself towards Leo, his mouth possibly ready to say what Leo was scared of s finding out.

He knows.

God, they all know.

 

 

It's going to be a long day...
...and dinner hasn't even started...

 


 

[A/N]: Whew~ Please don't come with pitchforks at me cause I left you all with a cliffhanger..again. But they're so fun to write hehe. I hope you all doing well, and...enjoying the hyde performances every week. Cause I know I am! I'm so tempted to add in hyde pictures for the next chapters, but I'm trying to save it for later in the story >__>. huhu ;__;

oh and p.s for those of you worried that the story will end once, or if Leo ever confesses, don't worry...we still have a long way to go :) 

oh oh & can I say how floored I was at the comments that chapter 12 received? Like. seriously everyone. Thank you so much. I was soooooo happy reading all of them! I guess now that Leo x Eva are somewhat interacting much more, you all must be really excited! :D

& 1 more thing: Would you guys be interested in having an Eva POV chapter? Also, I wanted to know your feelings towards Eva... just out of curiousty. Do you like the girl? Think she's cool? Etc.

@Coralie_x_SHINee: Okay..so..my b... he didn't say either of the two

@Laryssa675: Hello! Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment! Hope you liked this chappie as well :) 

@Sarahmariecarmel: *sniffles* thank you for all your lovely words. And like I said before, the story isn't ending anytime soon ^___^ 

@Cindy_x: Yeah he should just let it out, but maybe now s will force it out of him. dun dun dunnn

@Moohani: Dude, you were right. I played you guys- he in fact didn't say anything T__T. lolol. Yeah JiHoo definitely needs to gtfo. hehe

@Ilovekpopforever: sorry...delaying the confession still lol

@mydivakey: Welcome back! (idk if you never left) but, I hadn't read of your comments in a while.. wahh :( lol But now you're here- woohoo! Hm what do you think he's gonna do? & Don't worry the story isn't ending any time soon! yayyyy! *throw confetti* 

@monkeyfish: I like your thinking! But let's wait and see what Leo decides to do. or what s might make him do...uh ohhhs~ till the next chappie~

@aidapark: JiHoo deserves to be humiliated. #meanie. Wahh~ no pressure on finding new interesting things to write about. ...no...none at alll.... *nervously wipes forehead* Haha,no I appreciate it! Hm.. what do you think will happen after thiss~~~~ 

 

& a special Thank you & Hug & this: to Coralie_x_SHINee for voting up my story ^____^

 

 

okay no, you all deserve a leo gif...so here's a smexy one