The Little Things

Sacrifice: Work or Love?

"play" > open it in a new tab

In the front of the building, Leo took a step in front of Eva and opened the door for her, “You can call me Taekwoon.”


play

“Taekwoon?” Her voiced crack, “Hm- I’m sorry” She laughed and put on her a manlier voice ­Taekwoon!” Only a small barely there laugh escaped his lips.

“Leo, is only my stage name, but my real name is Jung Taekwoon”

After greeting the secretary, they walked over to the elevator together, “Well it’s nice to meet Jung Tae-”

“HYUUUNG, NOONA~!” In came Ken crashing into their little moment. “Leo, how come you didn’t tell me you were going to go on a jog today? I would of joined!”

Leo sarcastically huffed,

“No, really!” Both Leo and Eva looked at him with the same face of disbelief. The elevator doors opened, meeting them were the rest of the VIXX members. All seven of them walked in, Leo and Eva kept with their stern looks.

“Omo- noona you can be so scary~! You have the same face that Leo does!” Ken yelled in the elevator, switching his finger from in front of Leo’s face to Eva’s.

It’s rude to point your finger at someone,” Leo’s voice softly spoke but it was blunt- and it got its point across. Ken lowered his finger.

The other boys snickered behind Ken, Ooo-ing their way till the 5th floor. The doors opened to level 5, and the boys one by one walked out, Leo being the first one…

…Hyuk, being the last one to step off the elevator asked, “Noona, you’re not coming?”

Eva shook her head, “Anniyo. I’ll be right back, I have to meet with the big people first.” She flashed him an eye smile, with him returning the same facial expression, as the doors closed behind him.

~

“Okay, so I just got a call this morning- In Guk, is going to appearing on Sketchbook for an interview and a performance.  So Eva, you saw the concept pictures, of the makeup and clothes that I sent you last night, correct?” She nodded her head,  “Great, I know it’s only your second day, but things like this always pop up. I’m going to need you to manage the stylists, makeup, and hairstyles today okay? While I’m gonna be with in In Guk, I’ll try to meet up with you later after the boys schedules, so when you’re done, don’t go home yet- come back to the building.” Nara explained to her assistant.

Eva understood the amount of responsibility she would be in today. Today she was going to meet the rest of the stylists, makeup artists, and hair stylists for the first time. And today, she was going to be in charge of managing them.

She gave out a heavy sigh as her fingers reached for the down button on the side of the elevator. Behind her came Nara, laying her hand on her shoulder- “You’re going to be okay today, right?” Her facial expression seemed a bit worried.

Eva gave her a reassuring smile back, “Ne, don’t worry about it. I do well in these situations” The elevator doors opened inviting Eva inside whilst she said goodbye to her manager.

~

Eva walked over to room where all VIXX’s beauty crew was in; it was only a couple of rooms from the boys practice room. She stood at the doorway and knocked on it, trying to gain the attention of everyone in the room. She continued to bow, and introduce herself, “Hello, My name is Eva Kim, I am Ms. Baek’s new assistant. Nice to meet you all.. Well today, Ms. Baek has informed me that In Guk is going to an unscheduled recording of Sketchbook, so she has left me step up to manage today’s work.” Eva paused to let everyone absorb the information, and herself to see everyone’s body language.

That girl has her arms crossed and doesn’t look too happy….

She continued, “Let’s just pack up everything in the meantime. So…whenever the boys-ahem VIXX are ready, we can head down to the lobby to go our on way to the Music Bank recording.” Eva bowed to them, and spun around to go get the boys.

She was caught a bit off guard seeing that they were already behind her, “Eva is going to be in charge today~! You’re gonna be a leader like me!” N loudly laughed, and patted her shoulders. When the staff saw how comfortable the boys were with Eva, it made them loosen up and warm up to her.

The staff members followed up with Eva before leaving down to the main entrance to enter their respective vans. Eva was talking to VIXX’s manager smoothing out any questions either of them had, when N had caught her eye. She excused herself, and walked towards the leader.

“N,” She pulled him off to a hallway, “I really wanted to thank you for what you did over there,” Pointing over to the room they were in moments ago, “The staff really opened up after that…”

The perky leader shyly smiled at her, “Aish- don’t worry about it. I know how hard it can be being in these leadership positions. We’re a team, we have to work together, and it’s better when we’re on the same page.”

Eva’s immediate reaction of gratitude was the embrace him in a quick hug, “Thanks N” She softly voiced.

As Eva embraced N for that moment, Leo happened to past by the hallway and caught a glimpse of what was happening.

What is she doing?

She pulled away, smiled at N and turned away from him before meeting eyes with Leo, also giving him a smile. Leo’s facial expression didn’t change; his eyes just followed her to the elevator.

~

The boys only managed to get about 5 minutes of rowdiness before dozing off to sleep. The only two that were still awake was N and Leo. With the car ride silent for about 10 minutes, Leo asked N a question that was floating around in his head all morning, “What were you talking to Eva about before?” His direct question caught N off guard,

“Ah- from the hallway? Well she was thanking me for getting the team to loosen up with her an-“ His head tilted looking at Leo, “…Why do you ask..?” N’s voice was hinting at something

Leo’s face remained completely unchanged, masking any emotion to be revealed in his face “Nothing, I was just wondering.” It was a statement. His voice didn’t leave for much to be analyzed, like he was saying something set in stone.

N jumped at the sound of his direct voice, he only nodded his head and turned his body back around facing the road ahead.

~

“Okay boys, here are your outfits for today- change, go go go” Eva shooed them away like little kids, and walked over to the hairstylists. “When the guys come out, I want you to take Leo, Ravi, and Hyuk for hair first.” Eva then made her way to makeup artists, “You guys will be taking HongBin, Ravi and I’ll take N for makeup.” She turned around to face both teams, and then told them to switch when both teams were done.

The guys came out in their blue suits dressed to the nines. That was her favorite part of On and On promotions, the concept was so well executed.

“Wow, looking good guys- oh and I see you put on the contacts as well. Looks creepy and extremely hot at the same time. Good stuff.” She gave the six men a thumbs up. Next, the hair stylists and makeup artists each took their respective member.

“Close your eyes boy! C’monnn~” N kept on playing with Eva by opening his eyes every time she would go to apply some eyeshadow. Their laughs could be heard on the other side of the room where the other members were getting their hair done.

Leo’s left eye slowly opened in a small wink, while his red locks were getting hairsprayed, laying his left eye on Eva and N

You both should stop flirting with each other

Eva at that moment looked up and saw Leo looking at them, she shut both of her eyes tightly and shook her head, motioning to Leo to close his eyes.

He slowly closed his eye.

“Done everyone?”

Ne!”

Swiiitch~” Eva happily announced.

 “I want Eva noona!” the cute voice of the maknae rang in the room running toward Eva’s seat. She laughed at his actions while she grabbed her brush and palette.

“Oh, I’m so popular~” She joked. Eva leaned in to apply the light cream eye shadow base on Hyuk’s eyes and he giggled saying that it tickled him.

As she finished the contouring on his face, Hyuk said, “Noona…”

“De?” She was so concentrated on making up his face, when she slowed down her speed to listen to what he was going to say because his tone sounded serious.

“You smell really good!” Hyuk cutely exclaimed, causing Eva to burst into mini fit of laughter.

“Yah! Choose your tone of voice better next time! I thought you were going to say something serious!...But thank you~ It’s my mom’s favorite perfume~ It’s from a Spanish brand.” Eva told the young boy that was in front of her.

She started the last part of their makeup; applying the sparkle liner around Hyuk’s eye when he asked, “Oh really, that’s cool! Where’s your mom now?” Eva looked down to her makeup palette, about to open to tell him…

“Actu-”

“I think we need to be on stand by for sound check- let’s go.” Leo smacked his shoulder, and Hyuk quickly got up. Leo didn’t look up to meet Eva’s eyes, but just turned around towards the door.

Be back Noona!”

A small smile formed on her lips as she said goodbye to Hyuk. Her eyes then traveled to the fierce redhead changing her smile to a faint one instead.

 I don’t know if that was by coincidence or not, but you didn’t have to Leo…

~

Eva looked over from the side to her boys’ sound check.

They sound so good~!

She really couldn’t help but try to dance along to their song, it was too infectious…her body naturally tried to copy the moves and in return garnered some laughter from the other staff.

“You know want to do it too!” Eva grabbed one of the lead hairstylists; Mina, and convinced her enough to try to the do dance. Then two other from the beauty crew joined in. At the end of the song, the boys stepped down from the stage to be greeted by 5 of the beauty crew including Eva, singing along and dancing to their newest song. The boys were so surprised, and all had a little laughter fit.

Even Leo, however he was very quick to compose him and continued walking to the waiting room.

~
 

play

Eva walked into a little secluded room where she not surprisingly found Leo sitting down on the bench listening to music while the other boys were busying filming VIXX TV.

She sat on the floor in front of the bench and faced the mirrored wall, her back turned to Leo, “So this is your dream huh? Standing on stage, entering the hearts of girls and women, singing like your life depended on it…” She only looked straight into the mirror and caught Leo’s reflection. He only stared at her with no expression in his face.

It’s been my dream since I was a young boy…

“You always dreamed about this when you were little right…Taekwoon?” Upon hearing his name, he gave Eva a slight nod, and a barely audible yes. She sprawled herself on the floor, and turned her head towards him,  “Well, you’re doing a great job, I really mean it. And I think the most amazing part about it, is how you just blossom on stage- it’s daebak. Chincha…” Her voice trailed off into a big smile. “Ah- I think they’re calling you guys up for the recording.” Leo’s eyes perked up and excused himself. “Oh- Taekwoon..” He stopped and looked back at her, “Thanks for earlier…well, have fun~” She told to him as he walked through the door.

Calling: JiHoo

Oh, I should pick that up”

~

Two weeks had passed by with the same routine, Eva and Leo would have occasional one way conversations, or have little run ins before work. Eva noticed how whenever Leo and her were alone that he would open up a little bit to her, or atleast get something more than a slight nod, or an expressionless face. However, whenever they would be in front of a group of people, Leo would be quiet and revert to his inverted self. She didn’t quite understand the reason why, but she didn’t really care. His silence, and their silence was comfortable.

“Oh look N it’s your ideal girl~” Eva teased N about the giant billboard that had SNSD’s Seohyun’s face plastered on it while they walked out of the Jellyfish Ent. building.

N’s eyes playfully fluttered when he looked at her, making the rest of the members groan.

“She’s really your ideal right?” Eva asked him, he rapidly nodded his head, garnering more groans from the members. “You know the thing with having an ideal though…well how I’ve always thought about it is that in a perfect world you could have an date/marry your ideal, but hearts are very complex. Sometimes our hearts don’t go by ‘ideals’ or whatever, it goes by something completely different, and you could fall in love with someone that maybe you wouldn’t think you would.” HongBin and Hyuk ‘oo-ed’ and nodded their heads in agreement.

Eva nervously laughed, “Okay- sorry that was random and kinda made the mood serious. Haha”

Cutting into her laughter was Ken, “Who’s your ideal Eva?”  The question caught her off guard, she slowed her walking and tilted her head. “Ahhhhhh…....hm.. I think my ideal is-”

A hand suddenly grabbed her, spun her body around and pulled her into an embrace. 

“I was so worried about you all day, you didn’t return any of my calls or texts. I thought something bad happened..”

Eva with her eyes widen, stammered her way out of the embrace.

“JiHoo….I’m sorry I forgot my phone at home today…” She looked up at him with her hands cupping his face. 

“A-hem…” N coughed,

She was startled for a second, remembering where she was, and who she was in front of. Eva turned around, a bit embarrassed of the scene she just showed to the boys,

“This is my boyfriend, Jihoo”

“Boyfriend?! Ottokaji~ You never told us you had a boyfriend!” Ken exclaimed showing the same expression as some of the other members.

“It’s her ideal!” Hyuk yelled before shielding himself with N.

Eva shrugged her shoulders, “Well you never asked!” She playfully responded back. The VIXX members, one by one introduced themselves, and had a little humorous introduction from Eva.

“…Ken the gag man, with the amazing voice or uh the cute main vocal, and this is poker face Leo, I think he might be the only person that could beat me in a staring contest!”

Leo’s eyes were piercing right through JiHoo as the happy couple walked away. At that moment, he felt his heart twist just a tiny bit.

Hyung! You coming?” Ken called out to Leo, who was in his same standing position.

“De..”

He put his hand to his heart and gently rubbed his hand against it.

I have to stop eating right after practice, I’m getting heartburn…

 

 

 

Heartburn...really?

 

 

 

[A/N] Okay so, I know this chapter was really everywhere, but I wanted to show the little instances and interactions between Leo and Eva. Also talking about Leo's actions/feelings in this chapter, I know it switches from being open with her and then closed off, I wrote it that way to show that Leo is still trying to figure himself out and how to act with Eva.

I think next chapter I might write in Leo POV, dunno yet. 

If there's anything you want to clarify with the story, or any questions feel free to leave me a comment~ ^___^