Ceci Photo Shoot [CURRENTLY RE-EDITING]

Sacrifice: Work or Love?

pic cr: tumblr


But once again both of their hands only centimeters away….however this time he didn’t hesitiate to reach out…

~

He cleared his throat and accepted her handshake- he tried his best to hide the shock that came with seeing her again. Though, Eva was quick to understand emotions and facial expressions- and to her she had witnessed his shock from start to finish. With a little smirk on Eva’s face, she turned around facing the other 5 members, while Leo walked right into formation with s. Finally being introduced to the sixth member, N continued, “-ne okay, and we are Real V, V.I.X.X, VIXX imnida!” With their hands showing up 'V' signs- they all bowed in unison. Eva clapped her small hands together with a smile stretching out her lips,  showing her appreciation for their introduction.


Turning around to face Jellyfish Ent's newest employee, Nara clasped her hands together, “Well Eva since you’ll be in charge of the group when I’m working with the other labelmates, I’ll let you all get better acquainted with each other before we go off to the interview & shoot with Ceci magazine.” With that said, she flashed a smile and spun around on her heels walking herself out of the room.


The boys showed Eva to the their practice room, making a circle on the floor to get better acquainted with each other. Luckily, I'm wearing shorts, and comfortable wesdges- she thought as her bare legs were met with the cool floor underneath her. Huddled around the imaginery campfire- they started opening up almost immediately. Usually when dealing with employees from the company, especially girls the six member group kept it professional- not really wanting to cross any borders. However, it might have eeb Eva's overflowing outgoing pesonality, or her genuineness that had VIXX's confidence in no time.  


Eva was an open book, as she gave them a brief background about herself. Including telling them about her ethnicity, how her parents met- that got an interesting reaction from the boys,


“Wow so you speak 3 languages fluently?” Ken’s eyebrows raised in amazement,


“Si, hablo, Español, Han Guk, and *English*” Eva told them holding a jokingly smug expression smeared across her face.


The boys slow clapped with astonishement in their voice, “Omo- daeeebak!” Seeing them compliment her like that, her right arm rose behind her, as she lightly blushed and laughed. The infectious laughter and eyesmiles couldn't stop Eva from mimicing the same actions- but as her  eyes wandered to Leo’s, he made no sudden moves, just nodded his head once slightly.


He’s so quiet..


“Wait question- how old is everyone?" She paused, "Oh and yah! Ken already calling me noona!” She lightly smacked him on the arm.


He feigned being hurt- and rubbed his arm, “Well I thought all women liked being called noona, isn’t it supposed to be cute?” He puckered his lips and batted his eyelashes.


Eva playfully scoffed, “I guess from living in between cultures," She shrugged her shoulders," I sometimes forget what is socially acceptable, or whatever.” The guys nodded their head understanding her position.


"Uhm-" N went back to Eva’s question and answered it for her, "-Well, I’m the oldest 23, Leo is 22, Ken & Ravi are 20, HongBin is 19, and Hyuk is 18. And you Eva?” His voice rose slightly with curiousty.


Eva clasped her hands together close to her heart, “Oh I’m 21, I just finished university in New York City, and I came back here to pursue my dream career."


“And, what’s your dream?” Hyuk’s eyes glinted as he asked his question.


“Well what I really want to do is be the creative director for well- celebrities like yourselves." She pointed out towards them and continued expressingly her words with her hands, "I constantly have ideas in my head; I would love to see it come to life on stage, video, and photos. I think with the right concept a group can really shine through and really own it."


Each member nodded in aggrement, while others mouthed small "oh's", "Like for example, I’ve heard some songs, that could have been executed totally better if it was done with the right concept. Or I’ll have a concept that a group could do, and just find the right song to execute it with. I think that’s why I came back to Korea, because unlike Western artists; with the exception of like Lady Gaga- idols can really do something extreme and interesting. It’s all about a creative process- I like those things. So that’s why I decided to start this dream of mine at the very bottom, learning the foundation of what goes into making these concepts; and then build my way to becoming a creative director. This way, I’ll be a really well rounded person later, and be better suited to make those big decisions."


"One of my girlfriends in NY had her own makeup studio for some big named celebrities, so I would work there, and my other friend started a Personal Stylist business, so I helped her launch it, and with these two things I created a portfolio. Eventually that’s what I used in my interview.”


She smiled apologetically, and a small sighed laugh escaped her, "-Sorry, I tend to ramble sometimes."


N shook his head, and commented on her plans, “I think what you’re doing is really smart, learning the foundation of things. Most people overlook that step.” The other members nodded their heads and letting out small yes’s.


Well except for Leo, he stood up and without excusing himself went out the room. In fact, as Eva watched his tall form walk away she realized while everyone was talking to one another- he just kept his  stolid expression. She could give him the credit, or nodding his head- and blinking his eyes- but really thats about it.
 

Once he left the room, Eva leaned into the middle of the circle, “Can someone please tell me what the deal with that one?” She sarcastically asked.


“Oh Leo? Yeah, he’s very quiet, mostly shy. He usually keeps that face on for most of the day. Don’t be bothered by it, he mostly speaks with his..inner voice.” Ravi informed Eva of Leo’s character.


Inner voice huh?


“Ahh~”
Eva puffed her cheeks, lowered her puckered lips and nodded her head.


“Omo- aegyo! Cute!” Ken exclaimed, pointing to Eva’s face. Eva and the others laughed at Ken’s little outburst.


At the corner of Eva’s eyes she noticed a figure. Turning her neck over towards that direction, she found Leo leaning against the doorway, his hands in his pockets looking into their circle.- And still with that face of his.


“Ummm…Nara just called for us. We should head out now.” His voice was so soft it was barely even heard.


“Mwuh?” The 5 boys said in unison.


Everyone stood up, “He said that it’s time to go to the interview,” Eva said.


“Oh look, I guess Eva heard Leo’s inner voice haha” Ravi playfully joked.


Naturally, Eva threw her arm around Ken, “Gaja, boys!” Some of the members, were taken aback at Eva’s quick actions. Ken himself was startled for a second before accepting Eva’s friendliness. Like she had said before, living in different cultures made her mix customs together.


Skinship in Spanish or American culture wasn’t such a big deal as it was in Korean culture.


Even Leo’s face reacted to the scene.


This girl isn’t the least bit sensible… Or maybe she likes him? Whatever, it’s nothing I care about anyways.


Leo rolled his eyes, turned around and walked to the elevators.Eva caught Leo’s eyes and realized what she had done.


Oh seriously, skinship isn’t a big deal…

She took her arm off of Ken’s shoulders and placed them back against her sides. As the six of them walked to the elevator, they saw Nara and Leo are waiting with the down button pressed. As the two groups came together, the elevator doors slowly opened. The two women were put in the middle of the group on the ride down to the lobby.

BING! Level 1

They stepped off the elevator, to be greeted by VIXX’s Manager.

“You must be Eva,” The man said to her, extending his arm.

“In the flesh~” She joked. HongBin let out a small chuckle.

Girl, keep it professional! Use your brain!

She coughed- “Um, yes nice to meet you manager-nim”

“Well guys the van is outside, go” Their manager instructed.

“Okay, well Eva and I will be meeting you there, it’ll be good for her to see the usual set up and everything.” Nara took her to the buildings parking lot, “Since it’s not our own shoot, we could take my car to the site, and I’ll let you observe.”  The beeping sound came from a white Mercedes, “Doors open.”

Eva stepped in the car; put on her seatbelt and off they went to location.

~

“I like Eva noona, she’s really fun,” Ken started the van ride conversation.

“I think she’s pretty!” The youngest one happily voiced.

At the talk about Eva, Leo did his usual; popped in his ear buds and played music, drowning out everything around him.

Yeah I wonder why you like her Ken, probably cause she’s the first girl to act that way with you…

He lightly chuckled.

Bad choice.

Ken saw his rare laugh, and pushed him for more information on why he just chuckled. “What- what-what-what’s so funny?” He pestered him.

Leo slowly inched his head towards Ken and just stared right into his eyes.

“AH-Arasso! Arasso! Stop looking at me like that!” Ken frantically flung his hands at Leo’s face, trying to make him stop giving him that piercing intense gaze of his.

~

Nara, the radio, “Hey listen Eva, don’t take this the wrong way or anything. It’s just from the higher ups. But to quite honest we were somewhat hesitant hiring you being that you were one, evidently very pretty,” Eva’s eyebrows raised up, a half smile formed on her face in an expression of gratitude-

“..thank you”

“But I was really impressed with your work…Well and also you are around the same age as the boys. I actually asked Leo when we were waiting by the elevator, how it went with the guys and he said that he thinks you really hit it off with them.

Yeah, but probably didn’t hit it off with him, oh wait I literally did hit it off with him haha.

“- So what I just wanted to say was that the higher ups just don’t want any trouble with the relationships of their employees and artists. So no romantic relationships or anything. But, I don’t want you to feel uncomfortable with them, but just keep it strictly professional or just strictly friends. You pick.” Her one hand on the wheel and the other clutching the gear.

“Oh don’t worry about it, I understand. I already have a boyfriend also. Haha” Eva’s cheeks turned a light pink against her ivory skin.

“Ah, okay that’s great! Look at you blushing! How long have you guys been together?” Even though Nara was in her late 20s and Eva in her early 20s, the relationship with Eva was easily conceived.

“His name is JiHoo” Eva continued telling Nara all about her perfect boyfriend. How they met, how their relationship is, how it was so hard for her to accept the fact that she actually was even in a relationship. “I never really was a relationship type of girl..but I don't know we hit it off so well, so I said why not? You know?”

~

“We’re here! Everyone out!” VIXX’s manager playfully yelled.
The six boys all got out of the van, making their way into the Ceci building. After greeting the secretary, they were taken to the studio to shoot. No later than VIXX arriving, Nara and Eva pulled up into the parking lot. Nara greeted the secretary in an informal way, showing their already built relationship with another.

Eva walked on set of the Ceci photoshoot, where all the coordi’s, makeup, and hairstylists were running around fixing the boys up. “What’s the concept for today?” Eva asked Nara,

“They’re going for a mature chic look, since they’ve been mostly doing the type of boy next door for their past activities, I think this will look turn out really good.”

“Ahh, very cool.” Was all that Eva said as she looked on at the scene in front of her. She chatted with some of the other stylists, quickly building a network for herself.

With all the boys finally done with getting ready Eva was anxious to see the outcome, “Noona, how do I look?” Ken came up to Eva, showing off his chic look.

“I think not even these chic clothes can mask your funny personality.” She joked.

“Omo- Eva catches on quick! Ken, she already figured you out!” HongBin howled.

“But you still look good though, don’t worry” Eva gave Ken small pats on his shoulders and walked towards the photographer. Ken pretend cried before catching up with her.

“Let’s do a group shot, and then Leo you’ll be the first for a solo shot” The photographer loudly announced.

Once that was said, the rest of the members came out. Eva’s eyes widen at the sight of the boys transforming to mature, chic men right in front of her. She looked at the members taking in their masculinity one by one.

Look at little Ken, even he looks like a namja in front of the camera.

Her lips pursed together forming a little smile, only to be dropped when she fixed her eyes on Leo.

Boy..er Man doesn’t need to try very much to sell this concept.
She analyzed him
He’s so confident in front of a camera, the quite opposite in real life.

“Great guys, now Leo your solo.”

The other 5 members stepped off the scene; at that moment, her phone started vibrating. She looked at her phone and saw it was her boyfriend. Eva walked off to a corner of the room.

“Hey”

Hey, I’ll pick you up from work today, alright? Just give me like a 10 minute warning.”

She smiled, “You know you could of just texted me that”

“But then I wouldn’t have heard your voice.” Eva smiled a bit embarrassed, and thanked her boyfriend for the favor. She hung up with him and spun around back to the shoot.

“Alright Ken you’re up next” The other 4 members looked on Ken’s shot, occasionally making some funny faces trying to get him to crack in front of the camera. However, Leo just walked off casually and sat down on a bench in a different room, with his music sounding through his earbuds.

Eva watched his moves, and decided to try to talk to him as he sat down.

“Hey-” Eva voiced, with her head slightly titled making her dark brown hair fall in front of her face. She took her right hand and pushed it behind her ear.

Leo didn’t budge; he stayed in place with his stoic expression.
Unknowingly to Eva he had been listening, he just didn’t show it.

She took his silence and accepted it, “Well I just want to say sorry again, you know about our running incident a couple days ago. It probably was awkward for you…” Her concerned voice trailed off

I already told you that it was okay; you don’t have to apologize again

She still looked at him and then to the wall in front of her. “I know… you already said it was okay, but still I wanted to apologize again. In person.” Her hand placed on his shoulders for a second, before getting up and walking out of the room.

He slowly moved his head towards Eva’s direction. His eyes were a bit bewildered…

Did she just hear my thoughts?

As she walked out of the room, Ken came in catching her at the doorway, with Hyuk behind him, “Noona, we’ve been looking for you!” His head looked over her shoulder and saw Leo looking towards their direction, “Ottokaji, you were in here with the scary *lion~ *” She laughed at his statement. Eva took Ken’s shoulder and rotated him in the outward direction of room. His head cocked to Leo’s direction, “Leo, it’s time for the interview”

Leo, took his earbuds out and placed his Ipod in the pocket of his jeans. He met up with rest of the members, as an employee showed them into the room.

“Please take a seat”

Nara and Eva looked on the side as the six member boy group was interviewed. The questions were mostly the ‘get you know type of questions’. Eva was interested more in the juicy questions, the questions that fans like to know the answers to.

“Who’s are VIXX’s ideal type of girl and if you could name a girl that was great” The interviewer asked.

Bingo.

N was the first to answer, “An innocent and well-mannered girl. A girl who is more charming the more I look at her and has strong beliefs. Hm, like Girls Generation, Seohyun sunbaenim”

Then was Hyuk, “A girl who has a distinct personality and values, also someone with no men around her and pretty eyes~ Like..Sistar’s Dasom” His eye smile came out and he answered.

Next was HongBin, “Um a girl I can connect with, can read situations quickly, and can communicate with her even without words. I like girl’s with long hair too. Someone like Rihanna” His charming husky voice rang.

Rihanna? Wasn’t expecting that- Good choice man!

“Omo, you can communicate with Rihanna without words?” Ravi’s made the others have a small laugh outburst before it was his turn to answer.

“Well, I guess you could say that, cause we’ve never spoken together!” HongBin responded.

Then, Ravi was asked next, “Someone pretty with sense of awareness, and I like a girl with proper thoughts. My ideal would be 2NE1’s CL.”

Ah- strong rapper with another strong rapper, cute!

Ken was the next to answer, “someone with aegyo and thinks considerately. Hm like our fans!” Ken shouted with a large smile plastered on his face.

You would ken, you would…

Lastly, was Leo,

Oh this should be good,

“Someone feminine, smart, wise, and sensible. I don’t have a fixed type, but you can say that the first impression is important. For me it’s all the chemistry with upon meeting them for the first time.” At his own words, he remembered the conversation or lack of one he had with Eva moments ago about their first encounter. Their eyes didn’t meet though; Eva was too busy looking through the window.

Eva frowned for a moment, Aw man, I was really looking forward to his answer. But it was still well said…

They continued for the next 15 minutes answering other questions before parting their ways with the Ceci workers.

“Emma, I’ll see you around! Let’s meet up for drinks next week~” Eva yelled over to the head stylist. The head stylist, Emma gave two thumbs up and a smile over to her new chingu.

“That’s my girl~ Making those connections!” Nara whispered to Eva as they all walked out of the building.

“Noona, you’re already friends with the head stylist?” Hyuk curiously asked.

“Well not just yet, but I’m sure we will be. Networking is the most important thing someone can do. You never know when you’ll need a hand in whatever it is! Remember that.” Eva informed the group of boys.

“Our Eva noona is so smart~!” Hyuk exclaimed.

Eva straightened her imaginary bow tie, and pushed up the imaginary eyeglasses with her index finger flashing her pearly whites.

~

Once they got back to Jellyfish Ent, N invited Eva to watch over their dance practice.

Eva turned towards Nara, “Yeah go right ahead” She told her. Like kids getting permission, from their mother to go play, they playfully yelled in the parking lot and made their way to the dance room.

Even Leo, shared a faint smile.

But that was really it.

Nara looked at them as they walked on, Eva in the middle with her arm slung around N, laughing as she walked with the boys…

There was quote that popped into Nara’s head, a quote that made her possibly regret the choice she had given Eva today: Strictly professional or strictly friends…

Because men and women can never just be friends…

 

 

So what do you think? Will VIXX and Eva just be friends?

Is Leo starting to open up? 

How do you think Eva is feeling?

 

Till the next chapter!

 


 

Author's Note:

Please lovely subscribers, I would love to hear feedback on the story in terms of the length and how the story is starting to develop.

Thank you, I love you all~! And please continue to support!