Morning Encounters

Sacrifice: Work or Love?

pic cr: tumblr

bold & italicizied = Leo / emphasis 
underlined & italicizied = song link, (open it in in a new window) play if you would like. It adds a bit more to the story.

 


Because men and women can never just be friends…

~

 

They took the elevator to Level 5 and walked into the practice room. Eva took a seat by the mixer while the boys stretched out their muscles.

N turned around facing Eva, “Have you heard any of our songs?”

Eva titled her head up to the ceiling and whistled a tune, “Wellmaybeprobablyno” Her jumbled words caused everyone to face her,

“Hm?”

I think she needs a reminder…”  Leo softly spoke, baring a seconds worth of a smile at Eva’s actions.

Eva clasped her hands together then pointed to Leo, “Yep- exactly!”

The six-member boy group all made a 180, when they performed their singles in front of her. It was up close and personal, it could have even called it a mini concert.
And this was all for a person they met just a couple hours ago.

The smile and amazement on Eva’s face couldn’t of been any much wider. With her head bouncing to the infectious beats as her arms tried to copy their movements.

“And this is our new song, On and On” N happily shouted.

With the past songs they danced to, Eva could see the playfulness that was in their performance, but when they started to perform On and On, her facial expression changed from bubbly wide eyed, to a semi serious facial expression.

I guess this is what you call an idol… they completely transform when they’re performing. You would have never guessed these men were actually in real life some funny as corn balls. Haha

~

“Aw is it over already?” Eva, sighed as the last lyric vibrated off of the speakers.

“All great things must come to an end~” Ravi joked

Her eyebrows and shoulders rose up with a smile on her face, “Well, you guys just got yourself a new fan- for sure!”

“Woohoo, Eva noona is a starlight~” Hyuk whistled.

“Oh is that your fanclub name?”

“Yes, it is”

“Ahhh, well consider me a starlight then!” She responded to them.

During this time, she was still sitting down in the chair in front of the mixer, when N and Ken pulled her off of it.

“What, what, what” Her face showed her exact confusion.

Ken was the first to reply, “Well since we performed our songs…isn’t there a talent or anything you would like to show us?” He swayed his body to the left and right, trying to convince her.

Okay, for a second, like the slightest second that somewhat seemed erted…

Leo looked over to Eva’s face and understood her facial expression. Thinking that she probably felt uncomfortable to perform in front of six men she had just met, he opened his mouth in hopes of changing the subject. But, as a small breathe felt his lips, Eva chimed in,

“Haha, okay sounds fair!” She was a good sport about things like this. Mostly because she was never really afraid of putting herself out there. It was another life style choice her mother embedded in her brain.

Eva tapped her foot on the floor, thinking about what she could possibly do.

Tap, tap, tap

She looked in the mirror and realized what she was wearing, a very flowy knee-high dress, with luckily not too high, heels. She walked toward Ken who was sitting by the mixer, grabbed the audio cable and plugged in her phone.

“Have you guys ever heard of Flamenco?” She asked, only getting back 6 blank faces. Her eyes widened, “Well it’s a genre of Spanish music, the way you dance to it is a very traditional Spanish dance. When I would go to Spain to visit my mother’s family during the summer, I would always take Flamenco classes. Well actually all type of Spanish traditional dance classes. My mom didn’t want me to forget that side of my heritage. But uhhh I’m gonna be a little bit rusty, since I haven’t practiced in a loooong time.

But hopefully you guys could get a sense of where I’m from.. or something like that” She rambled off.

She spun around back towards her phone and pressed play.
The soft guitar strings rang through the speakers accompanied by a passionate Spanish male voice.

Eva took off her cream colored blazer and threw it across the floor. Her small hands started moving in small circles, sensually making there way around to the her sides, and above her head. With an occasional hard guitar strum, she would turn and pose. Her left hand spread out in front of her face, with her right arm-twisted around her back. And as the guitar started to pick up so did her feet.

Tap, tap tap, tap tap, tap

Not only were Eva’s heels crashing against the hardwood floors of the mirrored room. But so were the hearts of the six VIXX members. The music was so passionate, so everything and Eva’s body moving so perfectly with the music, all six men were utterly engulfed in the scene that was occurring in front of their eyes.

Eva grabbed opposite end hems of her dress and forcefully at a time then softly at another pushed it in air, or around her body.

As the beat and emotions grew faster, she spun around in her cream colored dress and stomped her foot when the guitar would strum.

Wow

At the same moment Leo mentally commented in his head, at that same moment the guitar strummed- hard.

Eva snapped up and took a pose, coincidently meeting Leo’s eyes.

It was intense. Her look was so intense, that even he the man of the one of the strongest gazes was startled.

She spun around again, with her hands moving around her silhouette, framing it with her hands. When the guitar riffs increased to it’s , her feet rapidly crashed onto the floor one right after another, grabbing again the ends hemming her dress, violently throwing it from left to right.

And with two sharp spins, the guitar and the male strummed one last note.

Bang

Went her foot on the ground. Holding her pose, she looked in the mirror and saw her chest falling and rising rapidly.

“Man, I haven’t done that in forever!” Her body sank to the ground, with sweat coming from her from her forehead.

The six men just sat there, staring at her, not making any sudden movements. N broke the silence with his raised fists in the air and yelled, “That. Was. AMAZING!”

The rest of her audience joined in a slow crap, progressing into fast claps.

“Omo! I want to learn that dance!” Ken got up trying to imitate Eva’s moves, moving his arms in opposite directions and spinning around.

“Well next time, when you guys are free maybe I’ll show you some moves~” Her arms swaying from left to right. Her eyes glanced over to the clock on the wall. Her smiling face was flushed with panic. She grabbed her purse with her hand trying to locate her phone. “Got it,”

4 Misses Calls; JiHoo
Then her phone vibrated, Calling you: Jihoo

“I really gotta go guys- annyong!” She quickly made her goodbyes and walked towards the door

Leo glanced over another part of the room
You forgot your blazer….

“Ah- that’s right” She said at the doorway, turning around her body, “Forgot my blazer, Thanks” She looked at Leo; who confused responded mentally
You’re welcome?

Eva picked up her blazer and this time ran through the doors making her way down to the lobby.

The VIXX members were left with confused expressions on their faces.

“Bye, bye!” Her hands waved to the secretary before busting through the main entrance. She ran to the front of the building, seeing JiHoo’s black BMW she waved him over. She opened the door, and went stepped insider the passenger seat.

“What took you such a long time?” His voice showed a hint of annoyance. She lightly smacked his arm, and apologized.

“Bonding time with my team”

He murmured something underneath his breath. Eva’s eyebrow rose in question. He never acted this way with her. He was usually almost never jealous.

“So uh, who’s your team?” He asked her as he drove on the brightly lit streets of Seoul.

Eva, wasted no time talking about VIXX. She was so excited to tell her boyfriend all about them. While she raved about them, individually and as a group…at one point JiHoo zoned out.

Yeah, I already knew all about them… He gripped on the steering wheel, just a bit tighter as she continued. Even though, he was confident with himself, and trusted Eva whole-heartedly. It was only natural for a man to feel a bit threaten at the six idols that she would be spending most of her time with.

~

“Thank you hun~” She kissed him on his lips, turning her body to the apartment complex door

“Aren’t you going to invite me up?”  Trying to mask the real reason behind his question.

Eva spun around and rolled her eyes playfully, “I have to wake up really early tomorrow. I’m visiting my mom before work in the morning” His mischievous smile faded, giving her an understanding one instead.

~


songlink

“Leo! Guess what?” His tail cocked to the side, “You have a twin!” Laughing at the fact the man with the cold gaze, actually had the same name of her happy little pup. She embraced him closer to her, “But you’re cuter, don’t worry.” 

Eva held him like a newborn baby, his furry face nuzzled against her chest, while she walked towards her bed. After washing her face, and brushing her teeth, she softly yawned.

“Time for bed Leo. Night night”

~

(Next Morning) 

“Bye baby, don’t have too much fun without me~!” She yelled over to her dog, before closing the door behind her.

She walked towards the cemetery where her mother was resting. But before entering, she stopped at her favorite flower shop, and picked the prettiest bouquet of flowers.

They have to be just as pretty as my Mom. She giggled quietly to herself.

Eva crossed the street and went to visit her mother.

“Hola Mami, como estas? (Hi Mom, How are you?)” She lifted up the bouquet of flowers with a wide smile on her face. “I know these aren’t as pretty as you, but they atleast they tried, didn’t they?” Eva humorously talked to her mother as if she was right there in front of her. In a way, Eva always felt that her mother was there with her at all times.

She continued to talk about the newest things in her life, since they had last spoken. She talked about how she was offered the job at Jellyfish, and now was working with a boy group called VIXX.

A warm breeze grazed against her skin, a feeling that Eva took as her mother hugging her in that moment. Her head tilted in the direction of the breeze. “Okay Ma, I’m going to leave these with you, and I’m heading go to work now~”

~

Leo had just finished her early morning jog when he recognized a laugh coming from the cemetery to this right. He slowed down his pace, slowly walking closer to the entrance, taking his ear buds out.

“Oh! Hey Leo!” Eva waved over to him. She was standing in the middle of the entrance with white high waisted pants, a light pink collared button up, white wedges and a hot red satchel with red lips to match. She walked towards him, and he bowed when she was close enough to him.

“Walking back?” She asked him. He lightly nodded. “Mind if I join?” She looked up towards his face. 

“Anni”  He softly voiced.

Eva, didn’t hesitate to start up small talk. “Do you always go on a morning run?”

He looked at her, and she understood his response, “I usually like to, but sometimes I get a bit lazy,” A little sighed laugh escaped her lips. “I was going to today, but I thought it would have been better to visit my mom…”

Even though Leo didn’t speak very much, he was a great listener, and caught on to things fairly quickly.

Not trying to push her for any information, he nodded his head. But Eva continued, “She passed away two years ago to cancer. But you know,” Leo looked at her, “You know, everyone is always like so sorry for your loss, but really what was I losing? I have an angel to look over me. She’s always with me, she’s probably with me right now~!” Eva waved to the space in front of her and playfully yelled, “Hey Mom! This is one of the guy’s I was telling you about; he’s my friend Leo!”

Leo catching on with the joke lightly laughed flashing his rare pearly whites.

Eva quickly snapped her neck back towards him, “Wah- you laughed! You know you should do that more often.” She pointed brightly manicured index finger at him making him burst out another smile. Eva turned back around and continued with the joke,

“Yah, he has the same name as Leo baby-”

Crap..Whoops…

His laugh stopped and his face returned to his stoic expression. “Leo baby?”

Eva nervously laughed, her thumbs playing with each other, and then moved her left hand behind her head. “Remember my dog, that you met that day?” He pursed his lips together, “His name is Leo.” Before, Leo could say or show his response; Eva was quick to cut him off- “I didn’t say anything earlier, because I didn’t want you to feel weird about having the same name as stranger’s dog”

A faint smirk came across his lips, “Don’t worry about it.” He looked back at the pavement in front of him, and let Eva continue talking about whatever was on her mind. He actively listened, chiming in with a ne, or I see while Eva talked.. Occasionally a laugh would escape his mouth listening to Eva's funny life stories. They talked, mostly Eva…all the way to the front of the building.

“You know, It was nice talking to you Leo, we should do that more often, you’re a really good listener” Eva smiled at him.

In the front of the building, Leo took a step in front of Eva and opened the door for her, “You can call me Taekwoon.”

 

 

 

Leo's opening up! 

Oh wait- Taekwoon opening up! 

& Eva's boyfriend, is he jealous? 

Until the next chapter!

 


 

Author's Note:

[A/N] Sorry, I was supposed to have this up last night, but I was feeling a bit down so I put it off until today~ 
Hello to the new subsrcibers, thank you for tuning in! 
Well leave a comment/feedback or if you haven't already done so subscribe :D Have a wonderful day everyone ^____^ 

 

oh and I hope you liked the songs! I've been into so much K-Indie music it's RIDIC.