Showtime

Sacrifice: Work or Love?

pic credit: Tumblr

 

Playlink

Eva walked towards the door, “Well, since everyone’s here, let me get out your outfits for today.” She smiled at them and shortly left, leaving Leo with a pack of wolves. With Ken picking himself back up, the six members surrounded him in a circle with their arms folded.

Oh crap.

Preparing for the worst, Leo remained calm and expressionless. With his hands in front of his body, he stared back at s, and proceeded to walk towards the brown leather couch. Ken spun himself towards Leo, his mouth possibly ready to say what Leo was scared of s finding out.

He knows.

God, they all know.


 

Before Ken could get any word out, he was cut off by N. He put a hand on Ken’s shoulder and nodded his head showing Ken he knew what he was about to say. N unfolded his arms and sat down next to Leo. Looking at him sternly, Leo didn’t move an inch and held his stare. Hoping maybe with his eyes he could get s to back off. N looked at him, a smile creeping on his tan skin, “You better tell us next time when you’re karaoking with Eva!

 

What..

 

N’s voice became higher, “Wahh~ it’s not fair that you go and hang out with her without us!” Leo sat there frozen, Was this what they were worrying about? The five other members chimed in with their agreeing and unfolded their arms. Leo let go of the breath he was holding in the whole time. N pouted at him, clapping his hands together flamboyantly getting all the members to come circle around him. “Let’s follow Leo’s example and go practice for tonight guys! We have some time before going to our first schedule.”

 

I honestly don’t know whether they are just pulling my leg here, and just acting like they don’t know anything but…I guess I’ll just go with it. He stood up from the couch and lightly smacked N’s back. From the corner of his eye he could see Ken still staring at him with this cynical look of his. Ken just being ken.. was all he took from it expression.

 

As the VIXX members stretched a bit before starting up with dance practice, Eva came through the doors, poking her head from the back of the rolling rack, “Did you miss me~~” She teased them.

 

Yes.

 

Ken playfully sticking his tongue out said, “*No!*” Eva looked at him with an offended face, “Aw man…okay I’ll leave now.” She slumped her body and dragged her feet back to the door. Ken ran towards her and put his arm around her shoulder turning her body towards the members again, “Jah~ I’m just kidding”

 

When will I be to have the confidence to do those things…

 

A smile re her lips, and she lightheartedly pushed him away, “Okay well, I have to go to a meeting, so I’ll see you guys later!” Eva waved her hand at them, and lightly bowed. 

 

Leo looked at her and ever so slightly his lip turned downwards. I’ll see you later tonight…Exiting from the practice room, Leo turned around towards the mirror getting into his position for On & On. The music queued up with Ravi walking into the middle of the circle, they started their practice for tonight.

 

~

 

Where is Eva?” HongBin asked Emma the other makeup artist working on his face. The other’s heads perked up at her name being called. Emma blotted the liquid foundation on his already perfect porcelain skin, “Nara took her aside. They’re getting ready in another room. Since they’re manager and assistant, they’ll be meeting with the other big wigs so you already know.” Finishing up on his foundation, he smiled at her, and another employee with a headset walked into the makeup room. “Hey, if you guys are done, make your way inside the hall please.”

 

All six young men got up from their seats in their maroon On & On outfits and proceed to walk towards the hall. As they walked, they passed by some of their fellow company artists, and other employees. Nodding and bowing to their sunbaes, they continued, getting closer to the grand doors.

 

Eva where are you? Leo kept his eyes peeled for the woman he was waiting to see all day. his lips, he ran his fingers across them, looking left- and then right. He put one hand into his right pants pocket, and walked into the hall. It was a very large space, with a stage in the front. Black curtains were draping from opposite ends of the stage, with black overhead spotlights at every side of the stage. Complimenting it was the cream drapery that was around the whole room, and the black tablecloths that were placed on top of every table. There were 3 massive clear chandeliers hanging from the ceiling, Leo stood there in awe at the hall. It was amazing, and what made it even more what was it is their company making this night possible not only for their artists to enjoy but everyone else in the company.

Playlink

He could hear s ‘wow’s’ from behind him, and Leo nodded his head. He definitely agreed with their member’s reactions, the place looked great. A smile forming on his lips, he went to turn around, he raised his finger up pointing at the stage area, “This looks-”

 

He had turned around.

 

“-absolutely stunning”

 

And what s were in awe about was not about the hall, no, the hall didn’t even come close to beauty that was before his eyes.

 

Even though her back was turned to him, he knew that the woman he was seeing was Eva. There couldn’t have been any other brighter star in the room; as she was wore a sparkle V backless dress. The sleeves were down to her wrists, and the dress was floor length with a slight mermaid bottom. The dress still hugged her body in the right places, regardless of it being a deep V backless. He could see the outline of her curves and how the fabric embraced her backside. Her hair was parted to one side; she titled her head over her shoulder.

 

The first thing he could recognize was her signature bright matte red lipstick that was placed on her plush lips. He stared at her lips that stretched out into a smile; slightly parting a hint of her white teeth was showing- “Hey Taekwoon-ah.” He could see s standing by her talking amongst one another, or to Nara. The meeting of their gazes was only for their eyes to see.

 

He was frozen, frozen in the beauty that was Eva Kim. He just looked at her with no facial expression in his face; he looked at her with his intense eyes. She completely turned around and he could see the dress was up to her collarbones, but how it was snug against her body, he also noticed the outline of her chest. His eyes immediately going back to her face, she approached him, a small smile danced on his lips.  Her dark brown hair was waved 1940s esque to one side. She softly grabbed his arm and turned him around, “Let’s see where we’re sitting”

 

Approaching the black table clothed tables, Eva noticed her name on a place card along with Nara’s, looking at the table next to theirs, she saw Leo’s place card. She titled her head to the side, “Look’s like we’re sitting at different tables.” Leo looked at her with his eyebrow vaguely furrowed. He was disappointed, and she could sense it. She raised her head, inching in towards his ear and whispered, “You’re an idol, you can’t sit with the little people over here.” She huffed a small laugh, and gave him thumbs up. He knew that she was trying to make him feel better, and his wistful face slowly disappeared into a side smirk.

 

I still want to sit next to you.

 

N came behind Eva and slung his arm on her shoulder, she turned around and she could see his pouting face, Aw, we’re not sitting on the same table.” Softly sighing, Leo once again recognized that playful and close relationship he had with Eva. Something that their relationship didn’t possess.

 

N pointed to all the place cards, taking his arm off of Eva, he reached over to Ken’s card, “Here let’s get his card and switch it.” Echoing from behind was Ken with his arms folded protesting at N’s actions. “*Hey!*” He took his place card from N’s hands, and placed it back. The sunkissed charismatic leader could only give his dongsaeng a coy smile. Eva laughed at the both of them, covering with her clutch, she stepped away from the bunch. “I think we need to take our seats now- I’ll be right over there~” Each member took their seat, Leo stealing glances at Eva, who kept looking down at her phone.

 

I’m guessing JiHoo is late.

 

He discreetly groaned

 

JiHoo. How can I keep suppressing him in my mind… Leo looked at Eva, and he couldn't believe at how cowardly he had become. He couldn’t even manage to tell to her about her unfaithful boyfriend. But it was when he was with Eva, his mind would be sent somewhere else. As his eyes glanced over back towards the stage, he caught Ken- or more like Ken caught Leo looking at Eva.

 

He met with Ken’s stare for a second flat and changed his view to the stage where the president was standing in the middle of the stage with a microphone. Introductions to the night where being made, while their president walked from one side of the stage to the next. While the president was giving a light heard speech about the company, Leo decided to glance over to Eva, and in that moment she had looked over to their table, encountering Leo’s eyes and sending him an eye smile.

 

You look so beautiful tonight Miss Eva Kim.

 

Playlink

Another employee in a headset came around their table, discretely getting up from the table; they were going to be taken backstage for standby. The Jellyfish Entertainment mini concert would be starting in only a couple of minutes, Leo looked back at Eva as he walked away. Successfully meeting eyes with her again, she smiled at him and gave him a fighting signal.

 

. . .

 

The first artist to get on stage was Hwang Project, everyone clapped as the three singers took their places on stage. The whole night went on like that. The talent going about on stage, working together with the lights that made the stage come to life. One after another, the night was going magnificently.

 

Do you feel nervous Hyukkie?” The mother of the group patted their youngest on the back. Hyuk looked over to him with his signature eye smile, raising the back of arm behind his head, “You kidding! I’m so pumped!”

 

Leo caught the interaction, and chuckled at them both. But then it made him think about it; am I nervous? There were no way that after all the months of performing, that tonight he would be nervous. Well, there was one differentiation factor; he had never performed in front of the girl he liked. He shook off the nervousness, and decided to sit down to pop in his headphones. The first song to play was a song that he had recently downloaded; it was Eva’s ringtone. He felt warm inside listening to it and remembering what the words meant made him smile.

 

On the other side of the curtains, was Eva fidgeting with her phone. Jesus where are you JiHoo. It was already more than half way through the show, and she was getting mad at his tardiness. Why can’t you ever be early for anything nowadays? Her fair skin, crinkling up as her eyebrows knitted together, Nara looked over to her and noticed that something was up. She placed her hand on Eva’s wrist, catching her off guard, Eva quickly looked up. Giving her a smile of reassurance, Nara squeezed her wrist. Eva gave her a tentative smile, and put her phone back into her clutch.

 

She watched on as Seo In Guk sang the last verse of his song, soon after the music ended everyone clapped and he bowed to the audience. The lights died down and the black curtains were drawn out together, hiding the stage for a brief moment.

 

Nara, you work with him all day- I’m a bit jealous~” Eva trying to get her mood up again, boss. Nara widen her eyes and smirked at her. Impatiently she sat in her seat, she couldn’t wait to see her boys doing what they do best. Drawing back the curtain, there they six boys stood in a line across the stage with a spotlight on each of them. Eva did another fighting signal, even though she was fairly close to the stage, she didn’t think any of them caught it- but then she saw Ken acknowledge it. The music started up and Ken raised his microphone to start with the first verse of ‘I don’t want to be an idol’. Eva swayed her head left to right, clapping her hands together to the beat of the song. Mouthing the lyrics, she found herself singing her lyrics at one point, and she giggled to herself. Looking at the six young men on stage, she felt like a proud mother, she knew how hard they worked, all the effort they put into their performances and practices- she was very proud. Hearing the vocal gymnastics coming out Ken and Leo, she intertwined her fingers together and brought it to her chin. She softly sighed at their performance, “Jeez, someone’s a fangirl” She looked at Nara, and narrowed her eyes, “Those are my boys right there,” she pointed towards them. Nara threw her head back and laughed at Eva’s fangirling. “Ayyye, don’t tease,” Eva lightly pushed Nara’s arm. Her boss put up her hands, mouthing ‘okay, okay’.

 

Going back to the performance, Eva looked at Ken while he finished the last two lyrics- the lights died down and everyone clapped. The six members, walked and laid down in position, and as the backtrack for On & On started, Eva joined in with other employee’s children- big and small in cheering on VIXX a bit too excitedly. When the lights came back on, she raised her hand in the air and made small circles in the air- “Wooo!”

 

They started performing On & On and like usual Eva couldn’t help dancing along to the song. Up on stage, where the light usually blinds you, it’s hard to pick faces from the crowd. But Leo’s eyes were looking at Eva’s direction, catching a glimpse of the red lipstick she wore, he smiled into his verse, singing it with more passion.

 

“Nahante wae ireoneunde (Why are you doing this to me)?” Making me feel these never before feelings..

 

Nan neohante wae ireoneunde (Why am I doing this to you)?” Holding back the truth, and lying straight to your face…

 

Leo was satisfied with seeing Eva at least once during the performance, after all he couldn’t just keep his attention all on her. He was a performer, and there were fans scattered around the hall, he had to give it his all for Eva and everyone else.

 

Eva clapped her way through first chorus of the song when she felt a vibration in her lap, she looked down- it was her cell phone. She flipped over the case, and the large screen was plastered with a picture of her and JiHoo. God, now he decides to come…I should just leave him out there till the song ends….She lifted a finger to her lips, Mm, but then he won’t see them perform.  Her hand frivolously smacked her thigh; she excused herself from the table and walked as fast as she could to the grand doors.

 

Gahh. Need. Too. Hurry. Up.

 

Opening up the door she sighed, and was met her with boyfriend’s pleading eyes. Narrowing her own, she grabbed his hand and just dragged him as fast as she could back to the table.

 

You look beautiful ba-”

 

Save it.” She hissed at him. She couldn’t help but be the tiniest bit annoyed, even though JiHoo was looking rather sharp in his tuxedo.

 

I mean it.”

 

Just sit,” She even pulled out his chair for him, and JiHoo bowed to the others at the table as his girlfriend pushed him down on his seat. “Look at them~” Her pearly whites finally peering through her red lips, she pointed at the stage.

 

Oh- yeah.” Was all he said. Eva resumed her clapping and tiny shouts as she watched her six young men perform before her lined eyes. Her prior annoyed mood disappearing once she saw VIXX finishing up On & On.

 

Doing their final stance, everyone got up from their seats and clapped. Eva bounced in place, clapping her hands, as the boys made their way off the stage.

 

Playlink (a/n: song is called..'That Guy's Girl'...how appropriate)

They walked off the stage into the dressing room, where 6 tuxedo’s with each of their respectives names on them. Immediately grabbing his, Leo stripped down and changed. Finally, a relaxing night, and better yet with Eva.

 

Adjusting his tie, he took one last look in the mirror. Impatiently, he tapped his foot- then making up his mind, he went to go help s put on their blazers and tie their ties. “Wow, look at our Leo being so caring today~”  N cooed out in the room.

 

He sighed into a smile, and gently punched N on his shoulder. “Okay guys let’s go and enjoy ourselves tonight!” The leader made the announcement and off they went back into the hall. Playing on the overhead speakers was a mix of soft jazz & blues, with some contemporary music. Leo spotted Eva, and he had to stop his legs from speed walking their way over. She was sipping on champagne, standing next to a crowd of people. Titling her head back towards his direction, their gazes met and she smiled. What he didn't see was that she was linking arms with someone, and as she made a complete turn towards the direction of the six members- the sight of that someone, made his jaw fiercely tighten, and jealousy filled him up to the brim. 

 

It was the first time he had saw him from that night; he was just about ready to knock him in the face when his dark thoughts were interrupted by a soft innocent voice.

 

Um, Leo o-oppa..” He looked down, and saw the top of a small girl’s head nervously lifting up a piece of pen and paper. He could hear her parent’s calling out her name; he looked towards their direction and nodded. Leo crouched down on one knee and tried to get on eye level with the small child. She blinked her eyes numerous of times before she could get a word out, “Annyong” His gentle voice must of tickled her ears as she giggled, pressing her tiny hand with the pen against her small mouth. “Annyong…” She quietly responded, “Leo…can I have an autograph.” His rare smile was bright and large enough for Eva to see, while she squeezed JiHoo’s arm, “Wah~ That’s so cute. Look at them”

 

“Of course you can, what’s your name sweetie?” She giggled again.

 

My name is Ae Sook.” Her round eyes looked at his now crescent shaped eyes. “Ae Sook, you have such a pretty name.” Her cute ‘kamsamnida’ was enough to get a chuckle out of his lips.

He finished his autograph, doting on the small child as she made her way- with more confidence to the other members.

 

As got back on his feet, Eva unlinked her arm from JiHoo and waved to the excited little girl running around from member to member. Finally getting eye level with JiHoo, the rage came rushing back to Leo. Coincidently at that moment, N put his hand on Leo’s shoulder, “Oh- that little girl was your fan~” He . Leo managed to keep his anger at bay, and smirked at N.

 

Getting angry won’t help the situation.

 

At that moment, he thanked his expressionless face, it made a great mask in the current situation.

 

As the six men stood before JiHoo and Eva, she opened to congratulate them on their performance. “You guys did so well!” Linking her arm back with her boyfriend, JiHoo chimed in, “Yeah, great job guys.” Flashing his million-dollar smile, and receiving courteous bows from the members, except for a slight head tilt from Leo, JiHoo patted Leo’s back. Instintively, Leo flinched at his touch, 

 

You have to teach some of those moves to me one day” He chuckled, “so I can keep up with this one when we go out.”

 

Immediately following, “Which is never because you’re always so busy” Eva rolled her eyes and punched her boyfriend's chest.

 

Yeah busy with another woman...Clasping his hands behind him, he clenched them together tightly. 

 

How’s your case going?” Leo blurted out calmly, with a hint of underlying annoyance. Upon meeting JiHoo’s look, his eyes narrowed. JiHoo gave them the story about how the case was unfolding, filling his sentences with legal terms, Leo debated whether he should press him on with more specific questions.

 

Maybe make him sweat a little bit, but then he decided to just to leave it at that, I shouldn’t ruin the evening

 

. . .

 

The night continued with artists, employees and their other esteem guests talking and mingling with one another. Talks about the company, personal life, or what everyone was doing later tonight was said through the hall. Leo tried to stay as close but distanced from Eva as he could, he didn’t want to raise suspicions if they stayed glued to the hip through the night.

Playlink

He was talking to staff when he realized that JiHoo had excused himself, cellphone in hand- walking away from Eva. It was the most opportune moment to go and talk to the woman of the night. As he slowly walked towards her, he stopped by the champagne table, and grabbed two glasses. Finally approaching her, “Would you like another glass?” She looked up from her phone, and beamed at him, “Don’t mind if I do~” She chuckled.

 

“How are you liking the night so far?” His eyes never left her face. God, you are so beautiful.

 

She took a sip of the champagne and switched it over from her right hand to her left hand, “Tonight, has been amazing. I’ve met a lot of other employees, and some other people from different companies. Plus, it was awesome seeing you guys perform, and you guys look very handsome in your suits.”  Her arched eyebrows slowly raising, and her lips forming into a small grin. Leo lifted his head up and his lips, turning his head back around a sighed laugh escaped his lips. “..Thank you” His charming soft-spoken voice told her.

 

Eva raised her pointer finger, “You know- you should be thanking me, I did pick them out after all~” She humorously told him.

 

He grinned at her, “Then, should I thank Nara for picking such a beautiful dress?” Leo’s naturally silvery voice made Eva lean in to hear him better.

Keep it together Taekwoon.

She backed out, and elbowed him in the shoulder, “Ayee~” She pursed her lips together in a tiny smile.

 

With the music turned up a tad bit, and the mashed conversations of people overflowing throughout the hall, Leo leaned into closer to her, “I mean it. Eva, you look gorgeous tonight.”

 

She was struck for a moment, a contagious smile forming on her lips, when she felt a tug at the bottom of her dress. Quickly, Eva looked down, meeting the same little girl from before. The child with her right front tooth missing looked at Eva as she crouched down, smiling widely at her. Leo followed Eva’s actions, and crouched down next to her. Once they were both at eye level, the little girl blinked her eyes numerous times before she opened , “are you…leo oppa’s girlfriend?”

 

Eva thanked god that the little girl talked-more like whispered her question. If anyone had overheard- it would of raised some questions.

Oh Ae Sook. Leo thought.

Eva partially choked on air, and turned her head to Leo, who mimicked the same reaction. “Oh- darl-”

 

Before Eva could get her sentence out, the raven hair child took both of their hands, and placed them together, a small giggle escaping her, “You’re really pretty, and Leo-oppa should have a really pretty girlfriend.” Eva’s cheeks were showing a tint of rose on them and she laughed into a smile, “Unnie, you have a pretty smile too.” Leo glanced back at Ae Sook and then back at Eva, her signature smile showing itself for the night. He looked at his hands, and how large in comparison to Eva’s, his heartbeat slowly increased.

AeSook- you are my superhero.

Eva’s eyes turned into half moons, and she smiled again, opening to inform her about the truth.

 

The little girl that once stood nervously and hesitant before Leo, made a 360, into a talkative little girl, her cute squishy voice pouring out the small body of hers. Cutting off Eva once again, “When did you meet?” Dumbfounded at her question, Eva blinked her eyes rapidly,

This past July..Leo mentally answered

Was it love at first sight?”

I don’t know..

“How old are you?”

22” Was the only question Eva was able to process completely and answer.

All the while, AeSook asked her questions Leo and Eva solely focused their attention on the small extroverted child. Eva didn’t want to spoil the girl’s fun just yet, and decided to let her enjoy the moment.

She yapped away at questions, or rambled on about Eva or Leo meanwhile she kept both of their hands placed together.

They both enjoyed AeSook’s bold personality laughing at the child’s antics, nodding their heads to her observations about one another.

Unnie, what’s your name?” Throughout the whole conversation, Eva realized that AeSook never asked her for her name.

Eva smiled again, “My name is-”

“Eva?” A tight questioning voice was heard above them. 

 

What will happen next? 

 


 

 

A/N: So sorry for updating so late, I ended up getting some writers block :( Like I knew exactly what I wanted to write, but didn't know from which way to approach it. Well, I saw that some people would like an Eva POV, which we shall be getting in the upcoming chapters. Yay! (and sorry for playing you guys again....or did I? *intense music here*)

OFF TOPIC: But in terms of chapter titles, do you guys pay any attention to them? Just out of curiousity.

And thank you guys so much for the continued support, subscriptions and comments <3. 

@MonkeyFish: I loved that chapter too lol. I kept laughing at how Leo's reaction was during the coffee spill. Their close friendship/relationship is just starting up now- so I can't wait to write more of the Leo x Eva interactions. I really enjoyed writing the song part- especially cause I freaking love the song. lol

@LizMagix: Did I dissapoint? Hope not! lol. Thank you for compliment, your comments are always a great read cause they make me happy :3. When I thought about Eva's character, I really didn't want it to the typical heroine in fics. Hopefully she's unique~ 

@Coralie_x_SHINee: Missing opportunities is what Sassypants does best. lmao no. but kinda. haha. Yeah sorry to dissapoint- the boys haven't found out yet (or did they-muahaha) I love that leo gif. & no no worry, I totally did the same thing when I saw the video haha. glad you liked it. 

@ilovekpopforever: omo! did I surprise you with what the guys ended up saying to leo? kekeke. 

@hye_yong: Your wish shall be granted in the one of the next chapters~~~

@KanashimiAngel: Wahh~ #cries. thank you so much! 

@ParkYooko: Yay for eva pov. Just thinking of the best time to write in her POV. 

@mydivakey: Eva POV coming up soon! We shall see what she thinks about our poker face Leo. You know when I was originally writing that part, I was totally going to make a scene where Ken couldn't sing and they bring up Eva, but I thought it was just a bittt unrealistic. So I took it out. (Sorry if you totally liked that idea lol ohwell T_T)

@aidapark: Yeah- sorry about that. No VIXX reactions yet lolol. 

@starriblue: You think she's cool- awesome! But is it how her personality is, or how she is with Leo? OH and you said it first- yes a jealous Leo appeared again. :) 

*Throw confetti* Thank you, thank you, thank you to my newest subscriber and person to vote up my first fic... JazeMarie. Thanks girl! Hope enjoyed ch. 14!