Surprise, Surprise.

Sacrifice: Work or Love?

 

pic cr: tumblr


 

Songlink

 

“Jahh~ You’re done HongBin-ah~” Eva was paying extra attention to HongBin today. Why? Because it was his 20th birthday. Leo chuckled in the background, Eva looked over to him and raised the side of her lip- “tsk!” she sounded off to him. The friendship of Eva and Leo had been restored to how it was back then, before the stunt he pulled on her birthday. It was about a month of awkwardness and silence, but finally they both had worked it up to a comfortable friendship.

“HongBin-ah, you look so handsome~ Even more handsome than my JiHoo” She leaned into his ear, “But don’t tell him I told you that” HongBin laughed at her silliness, and thanked her for her work. He exited the dressing room, walking towards N and Ravi who were filming VIXX TV. She looked in the mirror to tie up her long dark brown hair in a big messy bun. Leo walked over besides her meeting her eyes in the mirror.

What’s the surprise I heard Nara talking about?” Leo’s voice was gentle as it made it’s way to Eva’s ears. She flinched, widening her eyes at Leo in turn making her perfectly curled eyelashes more noticeable.

Her hands pulled her bun looser and fell down to her sides. “It’s a surprise Taekwoon, I can’t tell you,” Eva’s voice playfully whined.

But it’s not even my birthday…” There were times were Leo’s mannerisms and actions could seem as a child’s.

Innocent and naïve.

But his stature, gaze, aura, and those yellow contacts definitely showed otherwise.

Jokingly she rolled her eyes, “Still can’t tell you. If I do, you or the other members might ruin it.”

Ruin what?” A curious vampire-esqued HongBin asked in the doorway putting on his earpiece on.

Defeated, Eva turned away from the mirror and threw her hands up in the air- “See! My hair- now my hair is ruined!” Pulling the hair tie that was holding her large messy bun together off; she dramatically walked out of the room passing HongBin by.

The room was left with a confused HongBin and an expressionless Leo.

…” HongBin pointed back towards the door, signaling what just happened with Eva. Leo went along with Eva’s well played save by blinking his crescent moon shaped eyes twice, and ever so slightly shrugging his shoulders.

“VIXX ON IN 5 MINUTES!” They heard one of the workers call out.

 Leo walked towards HongBin grabbing his arm and pulling him to the stage. Still confused, the birthday boy followed his hyung.

~

“Okay we have one more photo shoot to do today, and then you guys are free for the rest of the day. HongBin, since it’s your birthday we could go to your favorite restaurant. Or is there something else you would like to do?” Their manager asked him while they drove down the city streets of Seoul to their off location photo shoot.

HongBin put his finger to his lip squishing them upwards as he thought of what he wanted to do for this birthday.

“Noraebang!” Ken exclaimed. Leo quietly hit the top of Ken’s head making the gagman shut his mouth.

Going to a restaurant to eat delicious food, doesn’t sound like a bad idea” His cheeky smile showing his perfect dimples was contagious as everyone else; except Leo who only casually smirked, smiled back at him.

“FOOD!” The five boys yelled out loud.

“Yah- keep it down!” Their manager playfully shut them up.

But, what was the surprise?

After an hour or so driving outside of the city, they reached their location. There were 4 massive buildings standing tall in front of them. Their manager was hast to scurry them inside the building, “The faster you guys can finish, the faster we can get to the restaurant. Go on ahead to studio 4, I have to find the director for today’s shoot.” Their manager quickly talked to them, pointing towards which direction to go into to get to the right studio. After showing them, he disappeared walking through a hallway.

“Studio 4!” N cheerful said aloud, opening the door revealing-

“SURPRISE!” The loud cheer of many voices rang in the ears of the VIXX members. Because even they weren’t notified of the plans for today, even they were surprised and ooed their way in.

“WAH!” HongBin awed, clapping his hands together.

Without a second more, the room sang happy birthday to the 20 year old idol. s joined in the song, singing their way closer to the large group facing HongBin. Their manager parted the sea of people, with a large heavily decorated cake with his name plastered on it. The birthday boy couldn’t hide his excitement and overall surprise on his face as he walked closer to the cake. He waited till the end of song to blow out his candles.

“Happy Birthday HongBin!” Everyone in unison shouted out clapping their hands while he finished blowing out the last candle.

“Omo- I was so surprised. Thank you so much everyone!” He pointed to s, “Did you know about this?”

Leo spoke up- “Anni, Eva said that we would ruin the surprise we knew” He gently .

“Because you all would of!” The crowd of people laughed at her response, and dispersed as VIXX’s manager laid the cake down on the large round table in the studio. The back of the studio had two enormous doors which opened up showing the beautiful scenery of a large grass field and a forest of trees. The grass field was filled with colorful balloons, extending the party outside with tall glasses filled with champagne on top of multiple high-rise tables.

“Did you like your surprise?” Eva looked up towards HongBin, who now thanks to Ken and N had two party hats on, making it look like he had horns on his head. He nodded his head multiple times, Eva responded with an eye smile. “I’m glad,”

Did you guys rent out the studio for the party?” He curiously asked Eva,

She nodded her head, “Yes- But!” Her index finger rose up, “But being that this is a studio, and we know that you love taking pictures, we decided to still have a little photo session. We brought your camera, so feel free to use us are your subjects.” She pointed to some of the backdrops, “As you can, there’s some backdrops, so you could use that too.” She pulled his camera out of thin air, and handed it to him. “Happy Birthday HongBin”

“Oh Eva!” A familiar voice called out her name. Leo turned his attention to the sound of the voice, and winced when he saw whom it was.

“Hey Lina!” It was the red head from the night of Eva’s birthday.

The same girl who had a little moment with Leo in the VIP room.

Oh no…his mind automatically showing pictures of that night. Leo hastily turned his body away from the girl who was walking towards her friend with arms open wide; he walked outside to enjoy the September weather. He picked up a glass of champagne, lightly sighing while his eyes were looking over to the moving trees.

Lina reintroduced herself to the present members of VIXX. They thanked her for night of Eva’s birthday, she waved her hand in front of her face- “Trust me, don’t worry about it. I’m glad you guys had a good time. You guys should come around again.” Her fingers made an ‘OK’ sign.

Yeah, if our manager ever let’s us out.” There was a hint of disappointment in Ravi’s tone, but his smile dismissed the earlier comment, “everyone let’s go outside to enjoy the nice weather.”

The crowd consisting of 5 members of VIXX with Lina & Eva made their way outside passing the 2 gigantic black doors. HongBin leading the crowd by walking backwards to capture his subjects with his beloved camera. Leo could hear them getting closer; naturally, he walked off to the side, hoping that s would understand the body language he was giving out.

Eva’s arm was slung over Lina’s while they walked with the boys, carelessly laughing about their own little things. The wind was light, carrying Eva’s dark brown hair up and down with the small flows of air.

“JiHoo isn’t coming?” Lina turned her head over to Eva who was handing her a glass of champagne. She shook her head to the left and right.

“He’s working on that case still. He said he wouldn’t be able to make it.” Eva took a sip of the alcoholic beverage walking towards one of the high-rise tables. They both laid their drinks on the table, and continued talking, while the other guys played with the birthday boy.

Lina turned her head over examining the grass fields when her eyes were placed on Leo’s back. Her eyebrows furrowed together.

“Eva” Eva turned her head over towards the voice; it was Nara calling her over. She excused herself to her friend and walked towards her boss.

Lina decided to use this opportunity; she pressed her lips together and grabbed her glass.

songlink

Leo was walking back into the studio, when Lina caught him right before he was going to enter.

Hey”

With an empty glass of champagne in his hand, Leo looked at her with the same facial expression he always wore. Lina’s expression turned into a worried one as she looked at the man with the amazing facial features.

Could we talk?” Her eyes squinted slightly as she asked him for a bit of his time. She placed her left hand on his arm.

Leo gently pulled away from her touch, he didn't really want to talk to her, but he couldn’t bring himself to completely be rude to a girl. Especially if she was Eva’s friend…

Please?”

He looked down at the ground, and nodded his head. She led him back outside, and grabbed him another glass of champagne. He reluctantly accepted it, remembering how alcohol was the reason she acted the way she did that night.

They walked away from the crowd, into the field their hair both blowing in the light September breeze. She pulled her red waved hair back behind her ear, clearing . She turned her body over to him, and looked him straight in the eyes.

Leo looked away, and then met back with her eyes. His eyes narrowed.

“I’m really sorry about that night. I truly am. I feel so ashamed for acting that way towards you. I had just met you that day, and I did- well that. I hope- even though I know you did but I hope you didn’t get a bad first impression of me.” She grasped the glass with both of her hands and heavily sighed looking at the grass, “But, like I said I know you did and you have every right to, but,” She looked back up at him again, “but I hope I could change that bad impression into possibly a better one today.”

He looked at the trees again, titling his head to the side doing his signature of his lips accompanied by shoulders forcefully rising and then falling back down,

“Worst part of it, is that had I known you liked Eva, I would have never done that. I’m sure you probably hate me for that the most…”

Leo’s head snapped back towards Lina upon hearing the last part of her apology.

I don’t like Eva. In that way.”  His soft voice was direct.

Well…how you acted when she came in and saw us- well I assumed.”

The soft breeze played with his ed collared shirt,

But, I don’t really like her in the sense.” He repeated himself, his voice with the tiniest bit of pleading in it. It was himself pleading to himself to believe those words.

“Listen, I won’t say anything. It was quite…obvious to me that night. I’m usually really good at picking these things up, Leo.” A laugh escaped her lips, and she froze back up- not wanting to Leo to think she was making fun of him.

“I-”

“Hi JiHoo!” Leo heard s greet the man that he honestly could care less for, but still tried to have a genuine interest in for Eva. He looked over, and there he was locked hand and hand with Eva. Her faced was just as surprised as HongBin’s today. She had a large smile on her face, shrugging her shoulders up cutely to her boyfriend.

He could hear Eva, “This was such a surprise, I thought you couldn’t make it tonight!” She lightly punched his shoulder.

JiHoo, looked at her and then coincidently met Leo’s, going back to Eva’s, “Well I’ve haven’t seen you for the past three weeks and I wanted to see you, so I thought the best way would be by surprising you today~He looked at her affectionately.

Lina follwed Leo’s eyes, and saw what they were laid on.

She took another sip from her glass.

The rest of the VIXX member’s ‘awwed’ in unison, “That’s a nice a boyfriend~” N cooed to Eva, who laughed at his words.

“I guess HongBin wasn’t the only one with a surprise today” Ken said.

N and Ken then turned their heads to each other and teased the couple, doing their ‘You~’ finger pointing. Everyone laughed at the funny pair’s antics. Eva let go of Jihoo, to go grab him a glass of champagne.

Eva’s told me all about your friendship with her. How you guys would meet in the morning, or go for coffee runs. You can’t tell me that you don’t feel anything for her.”

We’re friends. Coworkers.” He looked back at Lina,

Lina disregarded Leo’s statement, “Well, it might be a shame that she’s with JiHoo, maybe if she wasn’t, you would have had a shot.” She raised both of her eyebrows, shrugging her shoulders. “She really respects you, well all of you guys, but she’s really happy to have a friend like you though.”

A small smile tugged at his lips.

In that moment, N waved them over to get closer, they were giving out pieces of cake.

Maybe we should head over.” She finished the glass of champagne, and ran towards everyone else. For a moment she turned her body around, “Remember, what I said Leo-yah”

Leo only looked at her, and slowly walked over to the rest of s.

Once he got close enough, N put a party hat on his head, Leo was quick to take it off. N pouted at him, Ken seeing what N was doing, he joined in, before he knew it he had all of the VIXX member’s pouting at him. He brushed off a laugh, and walked past them.

As JiHoo excused him to pick up a business phone call, Eva walked towards to Leo, “So I saw you talking to Lina again~” she playfully raised an eyebrow and nudged his arm.

He looked down at her, a small laugh was about to escape him his mouth but instead his face harden, “No..no..nothing like that.” Another sip was taken from his glass, “She was just clearing up some things for me.”

 

 

What exactly was Lina clearing up for him..about what happened that night, or his feelings for Eva?

 

[A/N] Wow- next chapter is ch. 10! Thank you everyone for your support~! Question about the songlinks, does anyone actually listen to them while reading? If you do, would you rather have the youtube video embedded inside the fic, or do you like opening up in a seperate window? Well once again thank you everyone for subscribing and commenting, it means sooooo much to me~