Say it again

The Boy in the Orange Room

Hyukjae was fiddling with a feather while he anxiously waited for a sign. A heartbeat... anything...

Anything that would tell him that Donghae was alive. He was sweating blood under his bangs, his whole body was trembling.

He hadn't eaten in days. Waiting for the appropriate time, the right opporitunity... a weakness in Heechul's perfect armor. It killed him that he had to wait until Donghae was totally possessed to finally get him out of his body.

He groaned.

He'd almost gotten killed. It had all been so close. Hyukjae sat back in his chair only to lean forward again. Then he got up. Feeling the urge to just do something. Walk around. He banged his head against the wall once. The pain reassured him, reminded him that he was human in a way, that he could feel things.

Someone asked him if he was okay.

He said 'no'.

And then he heard it.

One beat, then another, and another.

It was weak but it was there. He wiped his forehead with his special hankerchief he kept hidden and then payed close attention to what the doctors were saying on the other side.

''This is a miracle. He's lucky to be here. He lost so much blood.''

A miracle. Indeed. Hyukjae's tears started flowing out then. Tears of joy and relief. They probably wouldn't let him see Donghae but he would anyways.

Hyukjae walked away so he could fight the urge to see him right now better. He went to the men's bathroom and waited.

He looked at his own reflection in disbelief.

It was over.

They would finally be together now. Was that even possible. For so long he'd ached for this. He'd been waiting for so long. Taking Donghae's pain away hadn't been enough. He wanted to make him happy. He wanted to hold him close and never let him go... that kind-hearted, pure, fascinating and selfless boy.

He shut his eyes briefly, murmured something and then, turning towards the wall, walked through it. He made his way all the way back to the room where Donghae was now resting. Hyukjae floated discreetly above the ground, his wings making no sound and his inhumanly large body flawlessly avoiding everyone coming his way.

When they were finally along he went back to his human form and delicately pressed his hand against Donghae's forehead. Color returned to his cheeks, but that was as much as he could do in this form. And he wasn't allowed to do much of anything else even in his inhuman form.

Donghae sighed and a smile silently drew itself upon his lips.

Hyukjae shivered.

''I'm sorry it had to hurt so bad...''

Hyukjae whispered. Donghae frowned, as if he wasn't agreeing with what he was saying.

''But he's gone. He won't come back.''

Donghae's frown stayed frozen on his face so Hyukjae tried to push it down, but he wouldn't let his eyebrows down. He sighed.

''I really wish... that we had more time.''

Hyukjae said grabbing Hyukjae's hand softly and weaving his fingers through his.

''I wish I could stay with you forever.''

''Don't go...''

Donghae breathed in his sleep. He probably thought he was dreaming.

Hyukjae shivered.

''I'm not going anywhere. I should be the one saying that! You're the human one here.''

Hyukjae sighed.

''I wish you were awake right now... I don't want to leave... I have to go and report until tomorrow morning. You won't miss me too much will you?''

Donghae didn't answer, but he tightened his hold on Hyukjae's hand.

Hyukjae lightly pressed his lips against Donghae and left.

When Donghae woke up Leeteuk was with him. He was sitting on a chair in the corner of the room and he was sleeping. Hyukjae was there too, but he was staring outside the window. He felt something inside his hand, something like a feather.

''You are here after all.''

Donghae said apathetically. Hyukjae turned around and smiled.

''Yes.''

Donghae held out his hand and Hyukjae walked towards the bed and grabbed it.

''I knew you were weird.''

Donghae breathed. He felt better as soon Hyukjae touched him.

''Weird is a word for it.''

''Hm... do I want to know exactly what you are?''

''It's up to you. No one would believe you either way.''

''Okay...''

Donghae smiled but his chest hurt when he tried to laugh.

''Careful. You still have some healing to do.''

Donghae sighed. Even that hurt.

''Kissing can't hurt right?''

Donghae whispered shyly.

''No...''

Hyukjae said.

''But your cousin might mind.''

Leeteuk was still in that corner, sleeping peacefully.

''You really care about that?''

Hyukjae pressed his lips against Donghae's lips, answering his question.

''Thank you for saving my life.''

Donghae breathed against his lips.

''You don't have to thank me. It's my job to keep you safe.''

Donghae snorted.

''So you did it because it was your job?''

''Not just because of that.''

Hyukjae smiled at him.

''Say it again.''

Hyukjae blushed and looked away.

''You heard it the first time.''

''But I was on the brink of death. You could've just been saying that so I wouldn't die.''

''There's no way I could've done something like that.''

''Then say it again.''

''Not now.''

Just then Leeteuk stirred in his seat and he stood up to give Donghae the long hug he'd been dying to give him for days.

Hyukjae walked away sighing content and slightly red from Donghae's outburst of affection. He never thought he could look so cute or desirable. Even in a hospital bed.

----------------------------------

Oh I just love where this is going.... hehehehhehhehhheehehe. Oh sorry.

Saranghae!

Author-nim