Comfort and Confusion

Bubble-gum and Candyfloss

Seunghyun felt his eyes close as he remained silent, not sure how to responed to the question. he could only pet the snivelling boy lovingly and thank god; he was that close, that close to killing himself. a second later, and it would all be too late. that small frame would slump lifless onto the floor, and those coal-black pupils would never shine again. at the thought of this, seunghyun nuzzled his face into Jiyong's left cheek, the smell of his wonderful pink hair sending a small shiver of relief down his spine. But his words...Did Jiyong find out? but how...?

"Ji...I'm sorry..but people all leave one day...you know that don't you...?"

Seunghyun whispered back, combing out Jiyong's pink locks with his thumb and index finger, not wanting to speak of Yongbae, just in case. His forehead creased as Jiyong leaned onto him and dug his thin little fingers into his cold back, sniffing loudly as he cried himself dry, no fresh tears could fall anymore. Seunghyun gulpped as a strange thought came to mind, a song. Jiyong, he loved to sing didn't he? but...would that be appropriate now...

hesitant but parcially certain, Seunghyun his lips and sings softly, translating one of his favourite english songs into korean for Jiyong. 

" Don't~cry,  open up your eyes and know, there's someone else out there that feels this way..."

The soft faltered voice echoed in the empty cafe, a sweet, sweet voice. Seunghyun heard the boy in his arms swallow and gasp for a breath, trying to control his breathing, as if Seunghyun's voice had soothed the monster building inside of the pink haired biopolar. Jiyong pulled himself closer onto the male, ignoring the cold wet surface of his clothing and skin and listened as Seunghyun paused from the searing pain in his arm before continuing

"I'm singing to you, cause i know what you've been through and I, not so long ago i felt this way.

Like soldiers, march on.

if we can make it through the night we'll see the sun, march on, march on...."

Jiyong was just sniffling now, still traumatised and shaking like a leaf. his thick eyelashes showed as his eyes closed and he made cute little hiccuping sounds as he recovered from the cry and seunghyun swayed his pained body with his littler fame in his chest

"Shhhh...Thats right Jiyong....Calm down...jeez, I almost lost you..."

Seunghyun said shakily, almost crying himself and Jiyong opened his big, puppy dog eyes, and looked up innocently, biting his lower lip hard. his face was hot, Seunghyun could feel the heat as he cupped the small boy's sharp chin and brushed off the tears gingerly, smiling slightly as Jiyong shut one eye instinctively at his touch near his pupils. he was just the cutest thing, hard to imagine the darker side of him, but that was the reality of it all, the darker side of life.

"Hyunnie...Bub-bubble-gum...Yongbae*sniff*...i dont want anybody to *Hic* leave me any-more....please stay, here forever...."

Jiyong Wells up again and presses his face onto Seunghyuns body, finding comfort in the figure as he sobbed. Seunghyun looked down and in his thin lips, trying to hold back his own tears at the sound of Jiyong's incessant crying and pitiful body languge; sad, alone and despaired was the young child.

"Of course I'll stay here with you Jiyong..."

Seunghyun whispered back gently. After that Jiyong had stopped trembling and was now just clinging way too tightly, the turquoise haired man decides to probe, try and see how much Ji already knew.

"Jiyong...what's wrong my Cotton Candy...?" 

Seunghyun feels the boy tense up again and he the small of his back tenderly, feeling the sheer warmth of his friends body against his freezing cold fingers. God, he looked so hopeless...shivering like that, mouth trembling in the soft bite of his pearly white teeth, black eyes shiny with hot tears that soon were able to form again.

jiyong slowly removed one of his hands from around Seunghyun's waist, the crumpled piece of yellowed note in his palm as he showed it to Seunghyun.

the male held back the pain from his wound and  placed a cold palm on Jiyong's forehead. the boy gave a soft mewl as he saw red trickle down Seunghyun's forearm, staining his white clothing a deep dark crimson when he took the note from Jiyong's hand.

"Bubble gum....you-you're bleed-ing.."

Jiyong hiccuped and reached forward to gingerly touch the wound, in his unstable state of confusion. Seunghyun jerks backwards in retaliation and groans in pain, breath getting sharp as he looked at the bloody mess under his forearm, worss than he expected.

He then sees Jiyong, 'fear'  the only word able to express the look plastered on his beautiful,tear stained face. He seemed almost hurt, maybe he was blaming himself...

Seunghyun saw Jiyong dart out of his field of vision. He couldn't take the pain and reeled to the side, grabbing a kitchen cloth hanging from a cupboard handle to apply pressure to the gushing wound, the crimson rubies slowly starting to seep through his shaking, cold fingers and onto the tiles as he sank to the floor.

He knew it wasn't Jiyong's fault, it was his own, he should have known better than to just leave Jiyong like that. Under zero supervision, in a place where he had no protection whatsoever against his destrstuctive self. 

"Aish...Fcuk..*huff, *huff...."
 
Seunghyun heaved and grited his teeth, head thrown back in an inward grimace, the hot burning sensation running up into his relaxed hand and stiffened shoulder. he shut his eyes as he felt a precence sneak closer to him, on its knees as it moved.
He peeled open an eyelid and sees Jiyong leaning into his face, blankness in his expression as he hands Seunghyun a roll of bandage and a fresh, white cloth; it seemed to be cut hastily or torn even. 
"Hyun-Hyunnie..i-im sorry!" he exclaimed in a croaky voice as he looked down at Seunghyun's arm, splashed red like a graffitied wall.
"I-i didn't mean to-"
he was cut off by Seunghyun putting a finger to his moving lips, a willy smile on his thin lips as he lifted his head and muttered,
"Its alright Jiyong...Im just glad u are okay....Dont do that ever again okay? promise me..."
Jiyong nods slightly and looks away, tears starting to fall again and Seunghyun said in a hushed tone,
 
"Jiyong, let me see what you have there.."
 
the pink haired boy looks at Seunghyun briefly, bloodied left arm but still worrying about others; he was truly selfless. Unlike Yongbae, Yongbae was cruel, heartless and impatient.

he left Jiyong, alone and unprepared. He shoved the traumatized boy into a university students hands, assuming that someone with no job and no stable cash income would be  able to care for someone like him and juggle his studies all at the same time. Someone like Jiyong needed care, and attention, constants doting on, just to keep on going. He needed someone to protect him from harm, cuz he was that far gone that he had become that  innocent as to not know the meaning of reality. He seemed aware of it, but it was all an act. He was really just trapped in his own little bubble, it was wake up, eat, go to school, come to the cafe, eat, work, eat, sleep. The cycle repeats, and the only thing that used to keep him going was Yongbae...and now, that man was gone....

but that was Jiyong's side of the story, the side Seunghyun had yet to find out about.

The turquoise haired male sits up straight and wraps the cloth around his injured forearm. Smiling halfheartedly, Seunghyun puts his legs out flat and opens one arm, inviting Jiyong into his lap as he sees the boy with a guilty pang in his still terrified expression. He felt it was ridiculous the moment he did it, but he just felt that he had to do that. Jiyong watches his Hyunnie do this and moves quickly before Seunghyun could change his mind; 

He was so glad, so glad that Seunghyun was here. For now, Yongbae wasn't important to him, Seunghyun was the only love that he needed.

The little boy curled up in Seunghyun's frame, he didnt want to talk. he just put the paper on the floor and stayed there in Seunghyun's protective chest, his thin fingers tracing the patterns on the older male's shirt as his black eyes srutinizing the wound down to the last bit of red flesh.

Seunghyun shivered at the lovely feeling of Jiyong's fingers along his body. he could feel the tips, quaking as they pressed softly against his wet chest. it was an amazing sensation..honestly, Seunghyun never dreamed of Jiyong being so near him. he could smell his usual scent of the cafe, warm butter cake and coffee this time... and his hair, lightly scented with the smell of his bedsheets since he had just left them a few minutes ago. he was so vunerable at this point it almost scared the older male.

"May I..?" Seunghyun says soothingly as he touches the cream colored skin on Jiyong's warm neck, the need too was irrististable. Jiyong nodded slighty and hugged Seunghyun, hands sliding over the width of his warming body until his fngers touched at the back when he felt Seunghyun touch him like that, it felt so right...

Seunghyun's heartbeat increases as he picks up the paper gingerly and read it, slowly, unable to believe his eyes at the hurtful words:

'I Hate you..."

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE: YAYYYYYYY 2 upvotes now XD!! thank u readers for viewing! pls comment and subscribe if u like this story, more to come soon! :D im on a tight schedule nowadays so maybe no regular updates....:( oso big thank u to all my subscribers! u guys are awesome! i hope to recieve more of ure upvotes and support! all these really mean alot to me! SARANGHAE!!! <3 :D and btw, the song was 'march on' by good charlotte, my favourite english song of all time, i always listen to it when i am feeling down :( 

~MistressofManga