Madness

Bubble-gum and Candyfloss

Jiyong leaned back against the wall, eyes gettinh hot as his heart palipitated hard in his heaving chest. he his dry lips and called softly, 

"Hyung?"

he heard his voice echo around the desolate cafe, bouncing off the cream coloured walls and through the empty kitchen. no response.

"Bubble-gum...?"

it was the same.

Jiyong retreated into Yongbae's room. shaking like a mouse in the shadow of an eagle; scared and insecure. He stumbled backwards onto the made bed and his small hands cling to the coat and sheets, eyes blank and round. His head turns slowly around the room; everything was the same, Yongbae's black guitar, his coat hung casually in the shaky, old cupboard that smelt like the freshly baked bread that only Yongbae knew how to make.

His work table, pilled high with sheets of paperwork and files that needed to be marked, pens and markers all over the chipped wood surface. Music sheets lay on his bedside table, waiting to be graded by the teacher. Typical. But his coat, still hanging, just like Seunghyun's...he wouldnt leave the cafe without it right? It was cold outside, condensation forming on the inside of the clear glass window pane. Jiyong decided to walk towards that table for some reason and he went to the right place. on the messy table there was a yellow colored note paper lying right smack in the center, yongbae's handwriting. Jiyong spots his name at the top of the folded sheet and he picks it up with shaky fingers. he reconized the hand writing, Yongbae's.

he tore open the scotch tape sealing it and his eyes skim the lines;

 

"Dear Jiyong,

if you are reading this, i am already gone, far,far away. i dont want to take care of you anymore because u are nothing but a bother to me. You are stupid, insolent and annoying and i don't even now why i even cared about u in the first place. I'm never coming back to see you so don't bother coming to look for me. i have found a better paying job somewhere else in korea and i have long left Seoul.

You are alone now and I hate you. I hate you with everything i am. i hate the way u talk, behave, and basically everything u are. i dont ever want to see u again as you have become a complete, utter eyesore. i hope You will find someone else who can take better care of u and can put up with your nonsense.

Good bye,

Sincerly,

your hyung, Dong Yongbae"

 

 

Jiyong was appalled, feeling himself sink to his knees as if someone had shoved a rock down his throat and it was now at the bottomest pit of his stomach, pulling him to the carpeted ground. he couldnt believe his eyes, his breath catching in his hoarse throat as he started to cry, the drops of salt water blurring his vision. the paper floated to the floor as Jiyong cluctched Seunghyun's coat and cried, hard and long.

his beloved hyung was gone, hated him. He trusted him and gave all his love to him...was it beacause he loved Seunghyun...that Yongbae went away? Maybe.

But where was Seunghyun now? where was the love of his life who confessed to him last night? who was going to take care of him now, who was going to hug him and cuddle him, comfort him, tell him everything was going to be alright and draw circles on his back. who was gonna tach him how to sing, how to love again?! How was he to trust, when everyone just kept pushing him away?

he was alone. in the quiet cafe. locked up in a glass cage of his own creation. he could die right then. just take a knife and stab his thin frame until he had no strength to do it anymore. Yes that was what he would do.

In his state of mental trauma, Jiyong dashed down the stairs, still dragging the sweet article of clothing along the floor. he counted his footsteps with his hard breathing and loud sobbing.

"thump thump thump thump thump" down the solid stairwell on the inside of the cafe. the sounds echoing on the inside walls, almost eeerily.

Jiyong pushed past the counter door into the kitchen, looking down at his feet as he wandered aimlessly past the drawers he knew didnt contain what he wanted. he wanted steel, sharp stainless steel, pierced into his flesh as he would enter the underworld.

 

******SEUNGHYUN POV (sometime before Jiyong awoke)*********

Seunghyun dashed down the streets, teeth chattering with the cold. he left his coat at he cafe...stupid. and he had to get back there, fast. really fast. if Jiyong had already awoken, things would get bad, he would be locked in the cafe, alone and...god he would flip. he should have left a note or something...but it was the heat of the momment, he wasnt even thinking straight back then..but oh gawd how could he forget about his Jiyong. the boy would be so afraid, and confused, not being able to remember much about the night before. all these thoughts swirled around in Seunghun's head as  he pushed through the crowded streets of Seoul. and he couldnt take a taxi or anything cuz his wallet was in his coat, and being a freshmen, he didnt have much money on him anyways (no stable job) the paid for public university bus would take to long too, therefore Seunghyun figured the fastest way was by foot.

his lungs were searing yet again with each freezing breath he took through his parched lips and dry throat. his body chilled like an ice cube as the unforgiving winter winds blew against his unprotected body. as he squeezed through the crowd, he could feel the wet melted snow on their heavy coats press up and skink through his thinner long sleeved shirt, a clearly extremely unpleasant feeling against his hot skin. But Seunghyun didnt stop, he had to get to the Afterschool cafe before Jiyong wakes up...he had to be there, right next to him as soon as he would rouse.

after about 15 minutes of running, Seunghyun finally reached the university gates. panting and freezing, the older male scaled the gates for a short cut and did a somursault into the dead grass, jogging with whatever strenght he had left towards the alley in the distance. god he hoped he wasnt too late, please let Jiyong be asleep and unscathed....

"oh god please....."

Seunghyun breathed out gasping as he lowered his head and swung his body over the back gates and made his way down the alley with slopply tired movements, cold breath catching his words and shoving them down his windpipe forcefully as the lights of the cafe were switched on and started to flicker, before a slim built figure stumbled down the stairs into the Kitchen.

"JIYONG!"

,Seunhyung exclaimed rather loudly and picked up his tired pace, weak with fatigue as he fumbbled with the bunch of keys weighing down in the pocket of his well-worn skinny jeans. his head was spinning as he ran forward to the glass door, hands pressing againstt the glass as he cried, hitting his fist against the door,

"JIYONG!! Jiyong, JIyong come here! I'm here Jiyong! Seunghyun, im here!"

Seunghyun watches as the boy saunters deeper into the kitchen, dragging a black cloth on the floor as his thin shoulders heaved and his other hand was raised to his face, wiping away..tears.

Seunghyun's jawline was red with heat as he tried to find the right key in the set of about 15 different keys. he stuck the random keys into the lock, trembling fingers purple with the cold and fear found its way to his each and every movement, making him miss holes continuously. he looked up every few tries, widened eyes watching Jiyong glide into the kitchen. eveerything seemed to happen in slow motion, the world behind him had died away. it was only Jiyong and the keys, bronze, golden, silver, rusty copper red, all seemed to jingle as if to mock him. Jiyong's white top and pink hair had fadded into the curtains which seperated the kitchen from the counter, leaving seunghyun stuggling to find his gripping on the keys. in a fit of distress, the older male drops the keys into the freezing snow, making himself cuss.

"!...."

he bends over and winces as the cold shaved ice touches his frosty fingers, no matter though as he tries from the beginning;

"Christ...help me, JIYONG!"

Seunghyun shouts, almost at the brink of weeping as he looks up and fits a random key into the hole, and it slides in place perfectly.

He pushes hard and feels a warm blast of air hit his body as he enters.

"JIYONG!!! Jiyong stop!!"

he screams in dsperation and leaps over the counter, landing in the kitchen neatly on his feet and he saw a glint of shiny metal in the crying boy's small hands, tip pointed towards his stomach as he shook and made little hiccuping noises. he was a train wreck, face wet as hell and glistening in the the kitchen florescet light as he didnt even look up, Pink hair all over his face. Seunghyun didn't even think twice and grabbed Jiyong's thin wrist, the knife slicing the flesh under his forearm deep as Jiyong's Fingers spazed openned and let it fall to the tiled floor with a clang. Seunghyun kicked it under a stove and ignored the hot pain up his arm, squeezing Jiyong tightly in his body as he held the Boy's soft head from behind, cradling him and feeling his small warm chest press up against his ice cold one, heaving up and down. 

"Jiyong....Jiyong..shhhhh...hush please dont cry...dont cry...i'm here Jiyong...." seunghyun whispered flustered, his head lovingly, glad he didnt loose him.

Jiyong shuddered and unclenched his fist, the coat falling to the ground with a muffled flop as he screamed back, Hugging the Cold body before him and crying all over again, voice teeming with overwhelming sadness,

"HYUNNIE!!...God...Hyunnie...why,why do they all go away...?"

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE: OMGGGG 1200 views?!?! and someone upvoted my story?!?! dream come true XD thks!!! and please comment and subscribe if u like this story, check out my other stories to and my new oneshot , jealously releasing sometime this week! thank u all my subscrbers and i hope to bet more of your votes and wonderful support! KTHKSBYE!!! :D

~MistressofManga