Chapter Nine

The Author

"Good morning sweetie~" Sehun sang.

Li Na tossed in her bed before she realised that Sehun was actually in her room.  She shot up in her bed and pulled her duvet up to cover her bare skin.
"S-Sehun, what are you doing here?" Li Na stuttered in shock.
"Your mum let me in, I came to take you to school." He explained.
"Wait, what time is it?" Li Na looked over at the clock on her bedside table.  She squeaked when she saw that she had 5 minutes until lessons started.  She threw herself out of bed, not taking into account that she was just in pyjama shorts and a bra, and ran to the bathroom.  Sehun cleared his throat and blushed.  He could hear her scrabbling in the bathroom as Li Na quickly brushed her teeth and tied her hair into a loose ponytail all at the same time, she had to admit she was quite impressed with her skills.
Running back into the the room she grabbed her uniform and started to undress.  She flicked around quickly when she realised that Sehun was still stood in the room with his mouth hanging open.  Li Na shooed him out of the room and went back to throwing her uniform on, there was no time to make sure everything was perfect today.
She ran past Sehun who was stood in the corridor outside her room and stumbled down the stairs and out the door.  Realising she had left Sehun in her house she opened the door again, ran upstairs, grabbed his hand and ran back down with him.
They both ran full pelt towards the school and eventually stopped outside of their classroom to catch their breath and compose themselves before scuttling to their seats.
 
"That was a close one" said Chen, stuffing another slice of pizza in his mouth.
"You're lucky Mr Kim hadn't arrived yet" he mumbled with his mouth full.
"But oppa, you're always on time.  Where were you this morning?" Yunhee moaned.
"I was at Li Na's house" he said nonchalantly, continuing to move the toppings around his slice of pizza.
Everyone around the table were exchanging looks and Li Na slipped down in her chair in embarrassment.
Chen nudged Li Na's arm, wiggling his eyebrows causing Li Na to giggle nervously.
"Yah hyung! It's not what you think." Sehun cried, waving his hands around and shaking his head.
"It's okay oppa, I know you wouldn't do that kind of thing." Yunhee smiled sweetly at Sehun and he smiled back.  Li Na couldn't help but feel jealous.
Li Na placed her hand on Sehun's knee under the table, causing him to jump and knee the table.
"Are you alright?" Chen asked, with a confused look on his face.
"Yeah yeah, I'm fine." Sehun insisted, glancing over at Li Na.
"I'm sorry." Li Na whispered to Sehun.  He gave her a kiss on the side of the head, allowing Li Na to relax again.
 
Chanyeol walked into the cafeteria, hand in hand with Sunmi.  Recently Sunmi had been going around telling people that they were a couple, Chanyeol insisted otherwise, but he didn't really mind; in fact he thought it was quite cute.
It had been a month since the argument with Li Na, and they hadn't really spoke since except from the occasional question during lessons.  Chanyeol and Sunmi had grown much closer since he's been away from Li Na, she was there for him when he had no one else to talk to.  He kind of regrets not branching out to other people and sticking to Li Na.  He may seem like the bubbliest person ever but that was only when he was with Li Na, other than that he was painfully shy, so the fact that he was friends with Sunmi was a miracle in itself.
"Oppa?" Sunmi squeezed his hand gently, pulling him out of his daze.
"Oh, sorry." He apologised.
"It's alright," she smiled, "I was just wondering what you're doing for the end of year dance." She twiddled with her hair nervously.
"I was going to go wi-" his sentence cut short and Sunmi looked at him confused.
"I wasn't planning on going." He corrected himself.
"But oppa you have to!" Sunmi was tugging on his sleeve trying to be cute.
"Well I suppose... Sunmi... Do you want to go together?" Chanyeol mumbled.
"Me? Really!? Oppa I'd love to!" She squeaked, jumping up to hug him causing him to duck sharply to accommodate to her height.
 
"Sehun, what are you doing tonight?" Li Na asked.
"Oh... Chen's coming over to study, he wanted me to help him with physics." He explained.  Li Na thought it was perfectly justified that she hadn't been invited, since she was quite open about her hatred of physics.
"Okay, I'll see you tomorrow."
Sehun pulled her in close and placed a kiss on her forehead.
 
Li Na took a seat on the bus in the back corner and pulled out her notebook and pen.  The words seemed to come freely today and she managed to write a page in quarter of an hour, a new record.
During the walk from the bus stop to her house Li Na came up with the idea that she was going to bake some brownies and then deliver them to Sehun's house as a little study treat for the two boys.
Li Na searched through the bookshelf for a recipe book and clustered together all of the required ingredients.
 
An hour later Li Na was crouched in front of the oven enjoying the smell that was encasing her kitchen as the brownies baked.  The timer finally pinged and Li Na opened the oven door, feeling the rush of heat on her face.  She placed the baking tray on a wire rack to cool and ran upstairs to fix her hair and dust off any flour that had managed to get on her face.  By the time she was done the brownies were just cool enough to serve.  She sliced through the brownie and it took all of her strength not to eat the whole tray herself.
Delicately, she arranged the brownie slices in a pretty box and slipped her shoes on to head to Sehun's house.
Li Na skipped up the path to Sehun's front door and lightly tapped on the door.
She saw someone coming to the door and she adjusted her skirt.
Li Na wasn't quite prepared for what she was about to see, Yunhee stood in the doorway of Sehun's house.
 
"Sehun-ah~!" Yunhee called, skipping towards the dining room.
Sehun stepped out with a smile on his face but it quickly dropped when he saw Li Na.
"Um, Li Na..." He stuttered.
"Where's Chen?" Li Na asked.
"You didn't say Chen was coming, oppa?" Yunhee said, tipping her head to the side and pouting slightly.
That term, oppa, Li Na was quickly developing a hatred for it.
Sehun stood there like a rabbit in headlights and quickly walked towards Li Na and grabbed her hand to pull her upstairs, leaving Yunhee stood in the dining room on her own.
"Sehun, what is going on?" Li Na tugged her hand away from Sehun and crossed her arms across her chest.
"It's not what you think, really." He assured, "I didn't want to say that I was helping Yunhee with her studies because I knew it would upset you."
"It upset me more that you didn't tell me, as opposed to me coming here with these stupid brownies and looking like a complete idiot." Li Na turned away from Sehun and closed her eyes tight to stop any tears from falling.
"I am so sorry." Sehun whispered, he wrapped his arms around Li Na from behind and she remained tensed up.
"Please..." He nuzzled his nose into her neck and Li Na started to melt, her head fell to the side and she shivered.
Li Na turned to face Sehun.
"Just next time, let me know.  Okay?" Li Na got on her tiptoes and kissed Sehun's nose, he pulled her into a tight hug.