Chapter Four

The Author

Li Na was both excited and reluctant to go to school today.
She stood in front of her wardrobe and contemplated what outfit to wear, she wanted Sehun to notice her but she also didn't want anyone to think anything was different.  He said he liked her so she didn't want him to change his mind.
Li Na arrived at the bus stop 15 minutes early, there was no way she wanted to be late for class this morning - she wanted to look like the perfect student, surely Sehun would like that.
She hopped on to the bus and took a seat.
Today is going to be a good day, she jotted down in her notebook.
Arriving at school, she went to her locker.  Sehun's locker was just down the hall so she kept gazing to her side to see if he was there.

Sehun could feel his head pounding.  He had definitely drank too much last night. The voices in the corridor were like sirens blaring and he wished he had just stayed home, he probably would have if his Mum didn't push him around so much.  Or at least that's what he thought she was doing.  Education this education that, Sehun couldn't wait to move out and finally be treated like an adult.  Thankfully his parents didn't know what happened last night, they were too busy doing overtime at work, they were too busy with their own lives.  

Taking a big swig of water he headed for his locker.  Li Na looked over, smiled, and adjusted her hair before taking a few uneasy steps towards him.  She smiled brightly at him and he just kept his straight poker face.  Li Na could sense something wasn't right.
"Good morning, Sehun-ssi" Li Na said confidently.
Sehun continued to push his stuff into his locker.
"Good morning" Li Na repeated.
Sehun scoffed and turned to walk away.  Li Na ran to catch up and walked along side him.
Suddenly Sehun grabbed Li Na's wrist and pulled her through the crowd of people ahead and into an empty classroom.
"Look, I don't know what your problem is but last night was a complete mistake, it didn't happen"
"I-I-I don't understand, Sehun are you okay?" Li Na stuttered.
There was fury in his eyes and he felt like he was going to explode at any second.
"I don't like you, okay!?" He shouted and stormed out of the room.


Li Na stood there in silence and could feel tears burning in her eyes.
It was all a lie.  Li Na couldn't ignore what happened last night, it felt so real, it made her so happy.  But he didn't feel the same.  It was just a drunken mistake.
Li Na just stood there and cried.  Her heart had been ripped out of her chest.  She no longer felt that rush of excitement that she felt this morning.  It was gone.  He had taken it from her.
With that, Li Na ran.  She didn't know where to but she just knew she had to go.
She ran straight out of the school gates, past the people in the street until she reached the bench from last night.
She pulled her knees up to her chest and let the tears fall.

Li Na heard her phone ringing and decided to ignore it, she didn't want to talk to anyone right now.  Then a few minutes later it started ringing again.  She checked the caller ID and saw Chanyeol's name flashing.
He's probably wondering where I am.
Li Na sniffed and wiped away the tears on her face and then answered it.
"Li Na, where are you!? Are you okay!? I'm so worried about you."
"Channie, I'm fine don't worry." Her voice was shaking.
"Are you crying? Right, where are you? I'm coming to get you."
"No Chanyeol, please."
"I'm not taking a no for an answer, now where are you?" He sounded so serious, Li Na had never heard him like this before.
Li Na started to cry again.
"I don't know where I am."
"It's okay, Li Na.  I'll be right there, just stay where you are."
Chanyeol hung up and Li Na burst into tears again.

Chanyeol frantically ran down the street and checked every side street he came across.  He just had to find her.
Chanyeol had now been searching for an hour and collapsed on the grass to catch his breath.
"This is no use." He said breathlessly.
But he couldn't give up, Li Na was in trouble and he needed to be there for her.
Chanyeol looked around and his eyes caught someone curled up on a bench.  They looked like they were sleeping.
He crept over to the bench.  Then he realised who it was, he sighed and took a seat next to them.
Li Na felt someone sit next to her and she looked up.  It was Chanyeol.
She sat up slowly.
"Li Na..."
"He lied to me." Li Na broke down and fell into Chanyeol.  He wrapped his arms around her and her hair.
"It'll be okay, Li Na.  I promise." He whispered.

Li Na eventually stopped crying and fell asleep in Chanyeol's embrace.
Chanyeol lightly kissed her on the forehead and she squirmed.  Chanyeol laughed and rested his head against hers.
She was fragile, Chanyeol knew that, but he wanted to let Li Na know how he felt so badly.
"Sehun kissed me last night."
Chanyeol was silent.
"He said he liked me, but this morning he told me he lied." Li Na tried to hold back the tears once again.
He had to keep calm for Li Na's sake, even if he wanted to punch Sehun straight in his pretty little face.
"Come here." Chanyeol pulled Li Na into a tight hug.
"He is stupid for ever wanting to let you go."
"You have to say that, you're my friend." Li Na whimpered.
"It's true though, you are beautiful and the nicest person."
Li Na started to blush and Chanyeol leant over to pinch her cheeks.
"It's getting a bit cold, wear this." Chanyeol ed his jacket towards Li Na.
  She slipped her arms into Chanyeol's jacket.  It was way too big for her and it almost looked like a dress, they both laughed.

Li Na noticed that Chanyeol had crouched down.

"Channie, what are you doing?" Li Na laughed.
"What are you waiting for? Get on." Chanyeol was waving and pointing towards his back.
Li Na skipped over to him and wrapped her legs around his waist.
"I can walk you know."
"But you'd rather not, don't forget Li Na, I know you.  And you're lazy."
"Yah!" Li Na slapped his back and Chanyeol poked her leg.