Chapter Five

The Author

After spending the evening with Chanyeol, eating a lot of ice cream, Li Na felt pretty good.  She kept mentally slapping herself for getting so worked up over Sehun, Chanyeol was right, he was an idiot who didn't deserve all of her tears.  She shouldn't be getting so worked up over one measly kiss.
Li Na sat down at her desk, placed her glass of water next to her and concentrated on the empty page in front of her.

*buzz buzz*

Li Na's phone flashed, 1 new message

Unknown number:
    I'm sorry about what I said yesterday, I know you won't believe me but I didn't mean it.  I needed some time to think things through.


Li Na was now just staring at her phone blankly.  She knew that this could be from only one person, but is this what she wanted?  Did she want him to come running back to her?  Or was it best to just leave him, because she got over him yesterday? Or had she?  There was a tug of war taking place in her head and she didn't know who she wanted to win.  She decided to ignore it and continue writing, because she had already decided to give him the silent treatment, after all, that's what he deserved.  Li Na picked up her pen and added a few words to the sentences he was writing.  Her eyes kept flicking back to her phone, eager to see if there was any change.

*buzz buzz*

She threw down her pen and snatched her phone from the table in a flash.

Unknown number:
    Please come meet me, I want to talk to you.  I'll be at the park opposite school  and if you don't come then I know you haven't accepted my feelings, and that's fine.


So was it as simple as that? Not turn up and Li Na could pretend that nothing had happened?  Li Na pulled her knees up to her chest.
You know you want to go, he didn't hurt you that much and at least he sounded sincere... Oh how could you sound sincere in a text?  Li Na started hitting her head and let her chin fall onto her knees with a huff.

I want to hear what he's got to say, then I can leave.

It was a short bus ride to the park and Li Na was already late.  It had been over an hour since the text message and chances were he would have already left.
The bus came to a stop and Li Na hastily shuffled past the other passengers to get to the door first.  She jumped off the bus and ran around the bus shelter but came to an abrupt stop as she ran straight into someone.
"You like running into me don't you?"
"Sehun-ssi?" The sun was so bright that she couldn't see anything, she squinted and blinked rapidly to try and see better.
Sehun leaned in close, only a few centimetres away from Li Na's face.
"Is that better?" Sehun chuckled.
Sehun quickly pecked Li Na's lips and Li Na's eyes widened in shock.  Stepping away Sehun smiled and lightly took Li Na's hand in his, leading her to a patch of grass at the edge of the park.  Li Na lightly touched her lips and tried to stop herself from smiling.  Sehun placed down the picnic basket he had in his other hand and started to unpack it.  He shook out a blanket and let it float down to the ground.
He sat down and patted the spot next to him for Li Na to sit down.
Reluctantly, Li Na took a seat next to Sehun.
"I hope this isn't too much." said Sehun, looking at all the stuff he'd laid out.
Li Na was speechless and couldn't get out anymore than a few incoherent mumbles.
"I'm sorry about what I said." said Sehun, letting his head fall, looking at the ground.
Li Na sat up straight and tried to look confident, not letting Sehun get any idea that she was in any way upset.
"I thought I said it as a drunken mistake and I was scared something would change because I said it.  But after thinking about it... Li Na I really do like you."
"Then why do you act like you do around me? You can be so horrible sometimes." Li Na snapped.
Sehun looked up and locked eyes with Li Na.  He looked like a lost puppy and Li Na's heart was melting.
Sehun quickly pulled her into a hug and whispered, "I'm sorry."
Li Na could feel Sehun's heartbeat and she let her eyes close.
A smile grew on Sehun's face as he felt Li Na relax into the hug, he squeezed her gently and pulled her so they were lying flat.
They were lying on the picnic blanket together just staring into each others eyes, with the light breeze tickling Li Na's legs.
"Li Na?"
"Yes, Sehun-ssi?"
"You can call me oppa, if you want to."
"Oppa." Li Na smiled brightly.