Chapter Seven

The Author

 

Li Na slouched forward on the sofa and stared at her phone that was resting on her knees.  Still nothing.

Li Na kept remembering what happened with Chanyeol, she cried out in frustration and grabbed tightly onto her hair until it hurt.

She threw her phone on the floor and curled up on the sofa, letting the tears fall.

 

Li Na woke up the next morning, still on the sofa, her face still damp from crying.

She rolled off the sofa and headed upstairs to get ready.  Raiding her wardrobe she grabbed her uniform and got dressed.  She threw on her blazer but her arm got stuck, she pulled and heard a rip.

Li Na groaned and looked at the blazer, that now had a big hole in the sleeve.

Taking a deep breath, she wrote a note and pinned it to the front pocket so her Mum would see it and hopefully be able to repair it.

Li Na stumbled back downstairs to the kitchen and put some bread in the toaster.

Going back into the living room she saw her phone face down on the floor.  Crawling over to it she flipped it over and saw that the screen had cracked.

"No no no no~" she whined, whilst cradling it.

There was a pop in the kitchen, signalling that her toast was ready.

Li Na slung her bag over her shoulder, grabbed the toast and flung the door open to leave.

 

Reluctantly, Li Na crept up the path to Chanyeol's house.

She tapped on the door and heard someone rustling on the other side.

The door opened and Chanyeol's Mum was stood there holding a plastic bag full of food.

"Oh Li Na sweetie~ I'll get Chanyeol for you." She span around and skipped up the stairs.

We can wipe the slate clean and start from scratch.  We've never fought like this before so I'm sure he'll forgive me. Li Na nodded to herself.

"It seems that he managed to sneak out without me noticing, I don't know why he didn't wait for you, that's what he usually does.  Sorry about that Li Na." She said apologetically.

"Oh... Thank you anyway umma." Li Na tried her best to smile.

"You will have to come over for dinner soon! I'll get Chanyeol to organise it sometime."

"I would love to." Li Na replied.

Li Na walked back down the path and she heard the door behind her close.  Everyday Chanyeol and Li Na would walk to school together.

I've really hurt him this time.

She wiped away the few tears that had started to roll down her cheeks.

As she was walking along she felt cold hands wrap around her waist and Li Na jumped in shock.  Turning around she saw Sehun grinning.

"O-o-oppa." She stammered, trying to catch her breath.

"Good morning." He grabbed her hands and warmed them up in his.

A small smile creeping across her lips.

"Are you okay jagiya? You look sad." He bent down with concern to look at Li Na's face.

"I-I'm okay, really." She insisted.

Sehun rested his hand on Li Na's waist and continued to walk.

 

They arrived at school and as they were walking through the courtyard together Sehun was waving at people he knew.  It felt like no one even noticed that Sehun had his arm wrapped around her body, she was still invisible, even with Sehun by her side.  And in a way, Li Na was quite glad.

Sehun brought Li Na to a table, filled with people who were all staring at Li Na, looking her up and down.  She felt very awkward.

"Who's this oppa?" A petite girl with sleek black hair skipped over to the pair.

"Yunhee, this is Li Na, my girlfriend." That word, girlfriend, made Li Na smile but inside her head, she was screaming with excitement.  It took a lot for her not to collapse on the floor then and there.

"Its so nice to meet you Li Na!" Yunhee tugged Li Na into a tight hug, her nails digging into Li Na's arms when she squeezed.  Li Na tried not to whimper, she knew Yunhee already didn't like her.

"Oppa sit down!" chirped Yunhee, she pulled Sehun's hand and he followed her to the table, leaving Li Na stood alone looking lost.  He sat down next to Yunhee and flashed Li Na a reassuring smile as he waved her over.

Li Na took a seat next to Sehun and he wrapped his arm around her shoulder.

"Hello, I'm Chen." The boy across the table waved shyly towards Li Na.

"Nice to meet you, Chen." Li Na bowed her head and smiled back.

"Chen's from China, he's here to study, but you won't see him doing that much... He's lazy." Sehun whispered to Li Na.  Chen reached across the table to punch him in the arm.

"Ow!" Sehun moaned.

Li Na kissed where Chen had punched him and when she pulled away she noticed that everyone around the table were now looking at her strangely, Li Na blushed.

"Anyway~ oppa it's a shame you couldn't make it to my party last night." Yunhee said whilst linking her arm in Sehun's and nuzzling in, Li Na felt very uncomfortable watching her.  She would be lying if she said she wasn't jealous.

Chen scoffed and Li Na turned to look at him, he waved his hand signalling Li Na to lean closer.

"Don't worry about those two, Yunhee's always like this." Reassured Chen.

Li Na sighed and slouched back in her seat.  She felt Sehun press his lips against the side of her forehead and Li Na looked up at him.  He had the most adorable eye smile and Li Na couldn't help but smile back.

 

Li Na had arranged to meet Sehun in the courtyard at the end of the day.  When the bell rang at the end of her final lesson she rushed to pack everything back into her bag and she sped out of the door towards the courtyard.

On her way she saw Chanyeol sat on a bench on his own, staring at his feet.  Her heart broke and all she wanted to do was talk to him.  When she plucked up the courage to walk over to him Sunhee dashed towards him and sat next to him.

Chanyeol smiled brightly at her, he didn't look miserable anymore.

Li Na couldn't bring herself to talk to him whilst Sunhee was there, she wouldn't be able to get a word in edge ways and she wanted to apologise to him properly.

Li Na continued walking and saw Sehun holding his arms out wide for a hug.  Li Na bolted towards him and fell into his embrace. He held her tightly.

He let Li Na go and she scrabbled around in her bag for her phone.  She pulled it out and opened up the camera app.

"Jagiya, what happened to the screen?" He took the phone from Li Na.

"Oh... I dropped it." Li Na mumbled.  She didn't want to tell Sehun the real reason, that she threw it because she was angry with Chanyeol.  In fact she was surprised Sehun didn't ask about Chanyeol.

"Smile~" sang Sehun, holding the phone up in the air and snapping a picture.