Chapter One

The Author

"I'm never going to get this ending right." Li Na moaned, dropping her pen on the table and slouching back in her chair.
Chanyeol's hand slowly crept across the table towards her notebook before swiping it away and flicking through the pages.
"Yah!" Li Na hissed, trying to keep her voice down.
Chanyeol stood up and held the notebook high above his head.
At just over 6ft tall, Chanyeol towered over Li Na, who was now jumping up and down trying to retrieve her book.
They were beginning to draw some unwanted attention from the other people in the library.  Li Na wasn't the type to cause a scene, but Chanyeol... well lets just say he was different.
"Why won't you let me read it Li Li~?" he moaned, pulling a sulky face.
"Just because." Li Na jumped up once more, grabbed the book from Chaneyol's grasp and stuffed it in her bag so he couldn't get it again.  She knew there was no way she would get it finished with Chanyeol around.
The bell rang and Li Na slung her bag across her shoulder, saying goodbye to Chanyeol.  She got to the door when she heard "BYE LI LI!" Getting shouted from the other side of the library.  She turned around to see Chanyeol stood up waving his arms around aimlessly.  Li Na waved back politely and giggled to herself before leaving the library.

Li Na took her seat in the middle of the classroom and once she'd laid out her books on the desk she felt a harsh prod in her back.  Turning around she saw Sehun staring icily at her.
"Don't let your friend make so much noise next time." Putting emphasis on the word 'friend', almost making a joke of her.
Li Na nodded and turned back to the front, she felt daggers from everyone else in the room.  A group of girls behind her were sniggering.
"She's friends with that Chanyeol kid isn't she?" One of them said, not making any attempt to make sure Li Na didn't hear their hurtful remarks.
Li Na kept her stable exterior, but inside she was breaking down.  She didn't want to let them get to her but Chanyeol was her best friend, she couldn't even imagine life without him.  Even though he got on her nerves most of the time because he was so much more bubblier than her, she loved him very much.  They complimented each other perfectly.  And to take a stab at Chanyeol was like taking a stab at her too.
Li Na flicked her head around to look at the group of girls.
"Y-yes, he is my friend.  Is that a problem?" She stuttered at her sudden sense of confidence.
"Oh no of course not, I'm sure he's... Wonderful"
The girls exchanged looks with each other and smirked.
Li Na didn't want to play this game anymore and the teacher was now in the room, so after shooting the girls a sour look she went back to writing in her book.
After the lesson ended, Li Na gathered her stuff and waited for everyone else to leave the classroom first.  She wandered out of the room and saw Chanyeol at the end of the corridor by his locker.
Carefully and quietly she ran up behind him and hugged his tall frame tightly.
Chanyeol blushed.
"Li Na~" He whined.
"Yes Channie?" Li Na chirped.
"W-what are you doing?"
"Am I not allowed to hug my best friend?" Li Na pulled away suddenly and pretended to look shocked.
"Don't be silly." Chanyeol pulled her in gently for another hug.
Li Na rested her head against his warm chest.  Chanyeol sighed.
"So are you going to come over this evening? Its Thursday, so it's pizza night."
"Definitely! It's our tradition, how could I not?" Li Na smiled, linking arms with Chanyeol as they walked out of the school together towards the bus stop.

 

(A/N I think this is just going to be a short story - but then knowing me it will be a long story with lots of short chapters, oops!  Also, omg that picture of Chanyeol asdfghjkl.  Sorry guys, just had a moment there; I'm sure you all understand.)