Feelings can't change.

Can't Be Changed

“Yes! Myungsoo finally confessed,” someone whispered from behind the manager, making him jump.

“Eun Mi-ah, keep it down!” the manager shouted than slapped his mouth.

“Father, it’s not going to be my fault if they find out we are spying on them,” she warned, shaking her head. “But he confessed. I always thought it would be Sungjong to make the first move.”

“Tell me about it. I always thought the same. At-least he pulled up his courage. Should I break the big news to them now? Or, should we wait till tomorrow?” he asked.

“Let them enjoy their last day together. We will break it to them tomorrow.” Eun Mi smiled but her heart ached, she couldn’t stand see them apart. “Let them remember this lovely day.”

“I wonder how they would react... Go ahead to sleep, I’m going to stay out here for a bit,” the manager waved her off.

 

“Sungjong, are you ok?” Myungsoo asked.

“Yeah, I-I’m just happy. Myungsoo, I don’t like Mi Jin.” He smiled.

“Really? But the two of you seemed close!” Myungsoo seemed confused.

“You and Eun Mi seemed close as well,” he said with a sorrow expression.

“Ah. So you don’t like anyone, at the moment?” Myungsoo questioned.

“I like someone but it isn’t Mi Jin. It isn’t a girl either,” Sungjong paused. “I like you.”

They sat in silence for a moment, smiling to themselves.

Sungjong coughed, “Shouldn’t we go back to sleep?”

“Yeah, we should. Bye. Take care.” Myungsoo smiled before walking off. He suddenly turned around and skipped towards Sungjong. He lightly kissed him on the cheek and ran off, as fast as he could. His face was burning red, so was Sungjong’s.

Grinning like an idiot, Sungjong walked back into the nurse’s office and got back into bed. He, immediately, fell asleep as it heart felt at peace.

 

“I have something to say to Sungjong and Myungsoo.” The attention of the whole crowd went on them. “First of all, let me apologize for lying to the two of you at the beginning. This is a love camp but it’s a love camp to see if we can make two guys or two girls fall for each other. It was all planned from the beginning. Of course, your parents are unaware. However, this isn’t illegal – we confirmed everything with our local government. Anyway, we purposely paired you up and prepared a crowd just to make the two of you like each other. It was really hard, though! I mean really hard so I had to bring my daughter in and get Chin-Hwa to pretend as if he ran away when he was actually working with me to shy on the two couple. Myungsoo kept having mood-swings and I didn’t know how to deal with that so I had no choice!” the manager explained.

“So my picture bring interrupted wrong was-” Sungjong couldn’t finish.

“Fake. It was fake. Sorry.”

Everything went quiet for a bit. No one dared to say anything.

“So... Now that the two of you like each other, you can go home!”

“What? What are we to you? Some psychology experiment? To do some stupid experiment on then release. Do we look like lab rats? Why are you doing this to us? Can we go home now? Can you please call the cab, I need to pack?” Myungsoo was clearly annoyed.

Myungsoo begun to pack and the manager called the cabs.

“This isn’t how it’s supposed to end, dad. This isn’t how it’s supposed to end.” Eun Mi repeated, sadly.

“Myungsoo. That kid is really something. He might even sue us!” the manager shook his head.

“I’ll be back, dad.” She said before running off the stage to Sungjong. “Yah! Go after him! You can’t let it end like this. Get you act together and go after him!”

“Are you guys still trying? Trying to set us up? This is cheating. I can understand Myungsoo. He feels as if his feelings were manipulated. You don’t know the feeling, do you? You feel like sh*t! You feel as if everything was just one big movie where the feelings are made up. I’m sorry but if Myungsoo doesn’t like me anymore than I would be able to understand. I need to pack as well so then.” Sungjong bowed his head a little and left.

Eun Mi’s shoulders fell. “Who said I don’t know the feeling? I was a person here a couple of years back as well,” she whispered to herself. “I still fell in love after knowing it was all a plan. I still dated her.” Tears fell down her cheek as she strolled back to her dad. “Dad, I don’t think this is a good camp anymore.”

“What do you mean?” the manager asked. “I tested it on you before I did on the others. Everyone ended up dating but these two are unique, I guess.”

 

I still have feelings for him. This camp might have been a plan but my feelings aren’t. I feel for his personality; which I got to see because of this camp. He may have serious mood swings and be short-tempered but I don’t care. I never did. Should I tell him? Does he hate me? Questions ran around Sungjong’s head as he packed his bags, slowly.

“Sungjong-ah, I’m sorry! I’m sorry I didn’t tell you earlier. I signed a contract that I wouldn’t say a word.” Mi Jin exclaimed.

“It’s alright. The thing that hurts me more is that my heart is still with Myungsoo. No matter what I heard today, I can’t seem to not think of him. What to do?”

“I’m sure he feels the same way. I’m very sure he feels the same way!” she said, helping him pack.

 

The taxi came to pick Myungsoo up. He kept looking back to see if Sungjong was there. Seeing no one, he put his luggage in the back.

“Myungsoo!” he heard a shout. His eyes locked with Sungjong’s.

 Sungjong ran into Myungsoo arms and placed his chin on Myungsoo’s shoulders.

“Myungsoo, I still like you. To be honest, this camp actually helped us.” Sungjong whispered.

“I know but I’m a little angry. I wonder when we will meet again after this.” Myungsoo pulled away and placed his lips on Sungjong’s forehead. “I still like you, too! I will text you when I get home. Until we meet again, bye.”

“Bye!” Sungjong couldn’t talk properly but he managed. Myungsoo got into his taxi and Sungjong got into his.        Both headed to the same destination but took different routes.

Sungjong watched the drops of water run down the window scene. I knew this day would come but I didn’t expect it to hurt this much. I guess this feeling can’t be changed. He looked up at the dark clouds.

 

Myungsoo glazed out the window to see grey clouds. This day was expected. If I knew we would be separated on the day I confess, I wouldn’t have confessed at all. I rather watch him from a distance than not watch him at all. Can’t this feeling be changed? Of course not!