#5 Learning The Guitar

Can't Be Changed

A/N: I'm so sorry for not updating.  it might be a little boring -_-


 

 

Few hours passed by, trying to get Eun Mi to play the easiest chord right...

“Yah, are you dumb?” Myungsoo shouted.

Eun Mi made a sad expression and looked up at Myungsoo, “Oppa, I just don’t get it. I’m annoyed as you are.”

Myungsoo pushed his hair back and held onto his forehead.

“Eun Mi, look here,” Sungjong decided to teach, realizing the distress on Myungsoo’s face.

“No! I want Myungsoo oppa to teach me,” she looked at Sungjong than back at Myungsoo.

“Why? You’re beginning to annoy me. He is willing to teach you and you just refuse?” Myungsoo closed his eyes. If he continues, he was afraid he will start swearing. He then looked at Sungjong who was now looking down. He knelt down in front of Eun Mi and grabbed onto her index finger, tight. “You place this figure on here.” He pressed her hand against the metal string. His eyes widened as something clicked inside of him. He raised one of his eyebrows as he stared intensely at her.

She looked up again with a smirk. She knew he noticed. She knew he noticed something different. She lightly kicked Sungjong’s leg with hers.

 Sungjong, then, looked up to see Eun Mi and Myungsoo staring into each other’s eyes. Something stirred inside of him. He forced a cough out which made Myungsoo look at him. “I’m going out for a wh-.”

“It’s lunch time, guys! Please make your way to the canteen,” a voice screamed.

“Let’s go together,” Myungsoo quickly said.

Sungjong nodded, slowly, as he got up. He placed the guitar against the bed and made his way to the door. Myungsoo shortly followed behind. Eun Mi, on the other hand, disappeared. Myungsoo and Sungjong exchanged weird looks and continued walking in silence.

When they reached the canteen, a cold wind rushed down their spine. Eun Mi was already there. Myungsoo tilted his head and bite his lips. “How?” He whispered.

“I have no idea,” Sungjong whispered back.

They walked in and she waved at them, acting all innocent.

“Why do the two of you looking at me as if I’m a ghost,” she said cutely.

“Are you taking care of my daughter,” the manager’s voice came from the distant. Myungsoo and Sungjong turned around to see him walking towards them.

“They are taking great care of me, dad,” Eun answered with a wide smile.

“Well, sit down then. Why are the two of you looking into space like you have just seen a ghost?” He questioned.

They shook their heads and quickly slid into a seat. They began eating whilst exchanging glances at each other, once in a while.

“Is it possible to leave without anyone noticing?” Myungsoo whispered.

“I don’t think so,” Sungjong replied.

“Then how did she?” He swallowed down a forkful of noodles.

“Don’t even ask. Let’s just pretend as if we don’t know.”

Myungsoo nodded agreeing, “sounds like an idea.”

 

They finished up quickly and rushed back to the camp.

Sungjong opened the doors and walked in. His paused as the sight haunted him. His stood there with his jaws wide open.

Myungsoo walked towards Sungjong wondering why he was standing so still. He then realized Eun Mi was already on the bed practising the ‘A’ chord.

Myungsoo began to take deep breaths. Sungjong did the same. They looked at each other and Myungsoo shook his head. “Let’s forget this as well,” Myungsoo whispered in Sungjong ear.

However, Sungjong couldn’t help himself. The hair of his arm was standing up.

Eun Mi looked up, “Is there something wrong?”

“N-no,” Sungjong stuttered. He grabbed his guitar and got into sitting position.

“Could the two of you play the ‘A’ chord together?”

They nodded to Myungsoo’s request.

“Eun Mi, you start off and Sungjong, join in after ok?”

Sungjong nodded. Eun Mi started... Sungjong then followed. Myungsoo swayed from side to side as he let the music dance through his ears.

“Perfect,” he said after a couple of minutes. “We can move onto the ‘D’ chord.”

Sungjong smiled. Finally, he thought.

“You put your index finger on the second fret, third string. You middle finger on the same fret but first string. Then lastly, you second last finger on the third fret, second string. Easy, right?” He looked at their positioning and they both seemed to struggle. Myungsoo kneeled in front of Sungjong and put the figures in the right place. “Curve your fingers so you don’t touch the other strings ok?”

Sungjong nodded.

“Eun Mi, copy him,” Myungsoo plainly said before standing up.

“Remember the last time I copied him, I didn’t get it so just teach me.”

Myungsoo sighed. He quickly pushed a few fingers to the right position and stepped back. “Ok, Eun Mi why don’t you play first? You have to play the last four strings,” he said.

She nodded and began to play... The beautiful sound that came out shocked both Myungsoo and Sungjong. They didn’t expect her to learn it so quickly.

“That’s awesome,” Myungsoo smiled, impressed.

The day passed by with the sound of the guitar...

 

That same night, Myungsoo and Sungjong lay awake.

“I guess we are going to change the challenge tomorrow.” Sungjong’s voice was sad and distant.

“Yeah, I wish the manager let us work on this for another day. I really love the guitar.”

“I can see,” Sungjong laughed. “You face seemed so at peace when you heard the sound Eun Mi made,” he said more slowly.

“Ah, i didn’t expect her to play so well. The sound she made was far from a beginner’s. She must have inner talent.”

With that, everything went quiet...