#7 Boat Ride

Can't Be Changed

"Gosh, and you call yourself a man," Eun Mi said.

Sungjong didn’t give much care to her though. His interests were on Myungsoo – whom was looking away. ‘Why is he like this? I told him to ignore me, is he really going to do that?’ Sungjong’s eyes wouldn’t leave Myungsoo’s face.

“Sungjong-ah!” Mi Jin shouted into his ears.

Sungjong jumped, he looked around. “Ah, Mi Jin-ah! You scared me! What is it?”

Mi Jin shakes her head, “I’ve been calling you for the past five minutes. Anyways, we have to go to our next location, let’s go. It’s getting a little crowded here.”

Sungjong got what she meant and if Myungsoo was going to act like this, he thought he should keep his promise and stay away as well. He pulled on a forced smile and got up. “Let’s go to that river? It will be nice to see it at sunset,” he said.

“Good idea,” Mi Jin smiled whilst nodding. They walked off.

“You two make a great couple.” Sungjong turned around at the sudden male voice.

He knew who it belonged to. He smiled again – this time sincerely – and nodded with delight. “You two make a perfect pair, too.” He bowed and began to walk again.

“It must be hard,” Mi Jin whispered.

“What?” Sungjong replied, thinking he heard wrong.

“Nothing, don’t worry.”

They walked down the hill and sat down on a bench in front of the river.

“The time is still twelve. The sunset won’t come out till eight-ish,” Mi Jin reminded.

“Ah, do you want to take a walk along the river? We can then head back to get some lunch and lose some calories again.” Sungjong chuckled.

Mi Jin nodded with agreement. “Sungjong-ah, isn’t it hard for you?” She said louder.

Sungjong stopped and looked into her eyes. He sensed sincerity. “What’s hard for me?” He asked as he switched his stare to her flower crown.

“You can’t even look at me while answering? Afraid I will know something? Look at me and answer. Wasn’t saying that to Myungsoo hard for you?”

Sungjong looked back at Mi Jin, her eyes were close to tears. “I’m sorry, Mi Jin. I have caused you so much pain, right?”

“Pain? Me? Fool, aren’t you going through more pain than me?” Sungjong’s eyes widened in shock. Thoughts ran through his mind, thoughts of Mi Jin, thoughts of how she knew. “I was right, then. Yah, Sungjong-ah, I like you. I know you can’t return my feelings because your heart belongs to someone else but it’s nice to get it off my shoulder.” The emotional moment didn’t last for long since Mi Jin pulled off a forced laughter. “That’s all I wanted to say. Let’s continue walking, ok?”

He didn’t know what to do; he didn’t know how to reply so he just nodded. They walked in silence. As Sungjong’s thoughts filled with Mi Jin, Mi Jin’s thoughts filled with Myungsoo.

‘She is so brave. Why can’t I be like that to Myungsoo? What is my problem? I know he can’t return my feelings but I should, at least, confess to get it off my shoulder, right? No, that’s a stupid idea. He will just hate me more. Mi Jin is a girl and she likes a boy. I’m a boy who likes a boy so the same principles wouldn’t apply, right? Aish, why am I even thinking about this? I told him I would stay out of his way and get lost so I should just do that.’

“Mi Jin, sorry. I –“

“I know so don’t worry.” She smiled.

‘How can she smile like nothing happened?’

 

On the top of the hill, Eun Mi and Myungsoo were sitting down in silence.

“Can’t you make me a daisy crown?” She asked.

“I don’t know how to!” Myungsoo replied as he went into thinking mode.

“What? You don’t know? Yah, what are you?”

“A human.” His voice was full of sarcasm.

She rolled her eyes. “Are you jealous?”

“What did you say?”

“Aish, I said are you jealous of Sungjong and Mi Jin?”

“No, why would I be?” he asked.

“Because you have been off in some other world since he said we make a perfect pair.”

“You’re annoying so just shut up.” He simply stated before lying down on the grass.

“I don’t know what you are thinking right now but I’m sure it’s something associated with Sungjong.”

 

Back at the manager’s office, another call came.

“Ah, is everything prepared? The boats and all?” The manager questioned.

“Yeah, everything is prepared.” A voice over the phone said.

“Then call the kids to the canteen. I will announce tomorrow’s challenge so they can collect all the material from the shed.”

“Ok.”

 

Half an hour later, everyone was gathered in the canteen hall. Excluding Myungsoo and Sungjong, everyone was having fun eating their lunch.

“Kids, listen up. I would like to tell you what tomorrow’s challenge is so you can prepare, ok?”

Everyone mumbled in agreement.

“For tomorrow you will need, a waterproof jacket, trousers and boots. Everything will be provided for you here so just collect it, ok? Ah, tomorrow we are going for a boat ride. Kayaking, to be precise.

“Really?” Everyone started talking among themselves and sharing their happiness about something new.

After lunch, everyone collected the material and put it in their dorms.

“Yah, want to lose those calories now?” Mi Jin asked.

Sungjong laughed, “Sure.”

They both walked to the river. “When did you start liking him?”

“Could we not talk about this? I just want to forget.” Sungjong sighed.

“Ah, sorry. I started liking you from the minute I saw you. Do you remember?”

“When I couldn’t get up and you saved me? How can I forget?” Sungjong teased.

“You can’t seem to forget a little event that didn’t mean anything to you, and you are trying to forget someone that has left a big scar in your heart. Is that even possible?” Mi Jin wasn’t joking around. She was so serious.

Sungjong knew and that’s what scared him. 

 


Hello~! 

Well, i read your comments and some hoped I did well in my exams. To be honest, I tried my best on these exams, I gave it my everything and if I don't get a good grade then I wouldn't be disappointed because I know I gave it my all. :) Thanks for caring! 

Ah, some seemed confused by the manager's part in the last chapter, I just wanted to tell you that it was intentional xD Don't worry, everything will be revealed in good time. 

Also, my unnie has begun to start two new Myungjong fics! I was so happy! Check it out, ok? They are called: You + me... Chincha? And Lost memories of us. Both of them sound so interesting, I can't wait for her to update! xD 

And, chiimii is back haha! I was about to deactivate that account but I realized I can't stay away from that account any longer! xD Some may be confused by this phrase so let me explain. This account, ZeroPrincesses, is shared among three people - me and my two unnies (for extra info please check our profiles) - and chiimii is my personal account xD

- Thenuja