Chapter 5

Lion and the Lamb

Yongguk skipped school that Friday. As he laid in bed, he called the school to inform the office he was “ill.” He faked being sick at least once a month when he didn’t feel like leaving his house. It was already 9am, but he easily fell back asleep. He checked his phone two hours later.

 

He had 10 missed calls and 8 new messages.

 

Yongguk groaned, knowing he’d have to call all of them back. He started with Himchan.

 

“Hey Yongguk! Why aren’t you here?” His cheerful voice asked.

 

“I didn’t feel like it today, I don’t really know.” Yongguk toes curled as he flexed his calf muscles.

 

“Don’t tell me you’re skipping because of that chick.” Himchan deadpanned.

 

Yongguk rolled his eyes. “Obviously not, I’m so over that girl.”

 

“Thank god, man. Junhong’s pretty pissed, though. Hana isn’t talking to him…”

 

Yongguk raised an eyebrow. Junhong was mad about this? “Does that mean I have to talk to him?”

 

“You should call him back. Look, I gotta go. Another detention for being tardy and I get suspended. Call Junhong! He has a free period.” Himchan hung up.

 

He ran his fingers through his chestnut hair, sighing. He had never had problems with Junhong before, so he didn’t know what to expect. The phone rang several times before Junhong picked up. “Yongguk.” Junhong’s voice was unreadable.

 

“How’s school been without me today?”

 

“Fine. Just fine. We’re all kind of bored.” Junhong chuckled. Yongguk didn’t understand—Junhong didn’t even seem slightly annoyed with him. What was Himchan talking about?

 

“Himchan told me you were mad at me.” Yongguk was confused.

 

He laughed. “Why would I be mad?”

 

“He said Hana wasn’t talking to you?” He questioned the younger boy.

 

“Well up until 5 minutes ago, I guess. We’re good now, since Jieun forgave me.”

 

Yongguk’s body stiffened. Since when had Junhong talked to her? “You talked to Jieun? What the hell?”

 

“Whoa, whoa. Calm down, dude. It was the least I could do.”

 

“The least you could do? She deserved what she got.” Yongguk was disgusted with his friends. Why were they even associating with her? They were B.A.P—they would never stoop down this low as to apologize to one of their victims, right?

 

“You might’ve gone a little too far… I mean, vandalizing her house? Come on.” Junhong sounded irritated now.

 

“I’m not going to argue about this, Junhong. So are you coming tonight?” Yongguk quickly changed the subject. He didn’t want to think about her anymore. He would never admit it to anyone, but Jieun had been on his mind more than he’d liked.

 

“I’m not really feeling it. I think I’m just gonna chill at home and possibly crash Hana’s sleepover. Jieun’s staying at Hana’s house for the weekend while others clean up the mess you made.” Junhong pointedly said.

 

“Whatever. Go ahead and spend time with them instead of your best friend.” Yongguk was irritated that Junhong was choosing her over him. Ever since Jieun showed up, she was screwing everything up for Yongguk.

 

“Don’t be so butthurt, you have Himchan at least. He can’t resist partying. Jongup, Daehyun, and Youngjae’ll probably show up too.” Yongguk could hear a girl on the other line. It sounded like Hana… and Jieun.

 

He heard Jieun laugh. It was a soft, sweet-sounding laugh. “Junhong! We have to get to class soon!”

 

Junhong seemed to remember that Yongguk was still on the line. “Sorry about that. I’ll text you later, okay? Have fun tonight bro!”

 

Yongguk threw his phone on the bed. First, she ruins his car. Then, she thinks she can talk back to him like he’s nobody. Now, she’s stealing one of his best friends? Well god damn, why doesn’t she just steal all of his friends and ruin the rest of his life? He wouldn’t be surprised if it happened.

 

Within minutes, he was wandering around his home, trying to get his mind off of her. His mother was already at work. In fact, when was she ever home? Yongguk had to hang out with his friends in order to have some sort of company. Yongguk’s mom was one of the most successful CEOs in all of South Korea. He was expected to take over the company when Yongguk was old enough, but for the moment, his mother carried the burden of providing for Yongguk by herself. When she happened to be home, it was either for sleep or to check up on her son.

 

So here he was, all alone in this big, empty house anyone would consider a mansion. As he rummaged through the kitchen for food, he caught sight of stray packets of honey-lemon tea in one of the wooden cupboards.

His mind flashed back to Jieun for the millionth time. He thought about how her delicate hands shook when he came up behind her.

 

The image of her bloodshot eyes and tear-stained face, lips trembling as she bowed her head in humiliation was imprinted in his mind. He shook his head furiously, as if he could erase all memory of her existence just like that.

 

He told himself he hated her, that she was just a pretentious little who needed to learn a lesson.

 

That wouldn’t explain why he kept thinking about her.

 

His mind raced as he imagined what he would do when he saw her next. He hoped she would stay out of his way. Truthfully, he stayed home today so he didn’t have to deal with her. Ironically, she should be in his position right now. Jieun shouldn’t be at school, acting like none of this happened. He figured she would be too embarrassed.

 

Yet, Jieun sounded like she was perfectly fine. What was wrong with that girl? It was like nothing phased her.

 

He took his phone out and called Himchan again. “What’s up, Yongguk?”

 

“Pick me up at seven, we’re still on for tonight.”

 

“That’s the spirit, man! I’ll see you later.”

 

If he couldn’t get her out of his mind himself, he was going to have to distract himself tonight. Yongguk knew exactly who to go to.

 


 

Club 21 was B.A.P’s club and room salon of choice in Apgujeong due to its notorious reputation and excellent service. It was in the middle of the strip of clubs lining Rodeo Street and it ridiculously busy every single night. Yongguk had to make reservations for him and Himchan that day, as it was Friday and rich businessmen always inundated the club at the end of the week.

 

Himchan and Yongguk walked to the front, skipping the long line when the security guard in the front waved them inside. Both were dressed in crisp dress shirts and dark-wash jeans, their typical attire when going to Club 21. They were regulars by now and every employee knew them or of them.

 

Loud music played throughout the club, the deep bass blaring. Yongguk was anticipating what dress she would wear tonight. He hoped it was black. Oh god, did he love little black dresses on her. Their waiter led them to their room as soon as they entered. It was at the back of the building, meaning they had to walk past the crowded dance floor.

For a second, Yongguk thought he saw a flash of red hair as a girl with a drink in hand passed by him hastily. Was it really Jieun? No, he dismissed, she would never go to a place like this. She probably was a prude, anyways. He bet she was stuck-up and opinionated if he got to know her personally.

 

Himchan reserved a room all to himself… and five other girls, most likely. Yongguk used to do the same until he met her. Himchan made his way towards the door of his room and shot Yongguk a wink before disappearing.

 

He knocked. “Come in.” A breathy voice sounded through the wall. She gave him a sly smile when he appeared. She stood up, sauntering over.

 

Yongguk was right, she was wearing that little black dress that he loved on her—it hugged every curve of her voluptuous body and drew attention to her more than ample cleavage. Her bronze skin shimmered and her cat-eye makeup labeled her as a seductress.

 

Well, Choi Gina was a professional call girl, after all.

 

“Gina…” His eyes ran over her body over and over again. She smirked at him.

 

“I’ve been waiting for you the entire day.” She purred, running her hands up and down the sides of his broad chest.

 

“I’m sorry babe, you keep forgetting I’m only in high school.” He apologized to the older woman, planting kisses all over her nape. She roughly shoved him onto the leather couch near the far wall.

 

“It’s okay honey, you’re here now and that’s all that matters.” She gave him a y, lustful look while she undid the buttons on his shirt. He gazed at her for a minute.

 

If there was one girl he cared for, it was Gina. Gina wasn’t just a object, but over time she became someone he was attached to. He could easily talk to her about his problems, in between the fooling around and , that is. Yongguk soon found out that Gina was educated, consoling, and sympathetic.

 

Lately, he had been thinking about whether he could be in a real relationship with her. Everyone would disapprove, but he had a feeling it could work out. Besides the fact that she was basically a e, Yongguk thought she was perfect for him. She did whatever he wanted and was totally subordinate to him, unlike that Jieun girl.

 

Wait, why was he thinking about her again? He came here to be distracted, not to be occupied with thoughts of her! He realized Gina was almost done with his shirt. Suddenly, he pulled her waist towards him, kissing her hard.

 

She groaned against his lips, entering his mouth with her aggressive tongue. He pulled at her curled hair, squeezing her while she took control of the heated make-out session.

“I missed you.” Yongguk breathlessly whispered after he pulled away for some air. He knew this feeling certainly wasn’t love, but it was the closest he’d come to appreciating a woman in his life.

 

“I couldn’t wait for you any longer. I was dying just sitting in here all alone.” Every word that came out of was sensual and enticing. It wouldn’t be long before Yongguk would snap and let her do what he paid for every week.

 

The straps on her dress fell of her shoulders, grazing her upper arms. “If I didn’t already know you were mine, I would think you’re seeing someone else. You’re not seeing another girl, right babe?”

 

He was reminded of Jieun once again. “Speaking of other girls…”

 

She looked up at him. “Hmm?”

 

“There’s this annoying new girl in our class. She dented my car on purpose.” He scowled.

 

She frowned. “Well did you tell her off?”

 

“I vandalized her house. I was bored and she’s an easy target.” He answered. Gina smiled at him proudly.

 

“She probably cried herself to sleep. She should know better than to mess with my baby.” Gina left a trail of lovebites on collarbone. He gasped at the rush of pleasure she was giving him.

 

“The guys seemed mad though. They said I shouldn’t have done it.” She straddled him, grinding against his crotch. His thoughts about Jieun were turning into mush as his hold on any coherent thoughts were slipping.

 

“Kiss me, Yongguk.” She interrupted him. By this time, they would’ve already done it, but Yongguk seemed a little distant.

 

He complied to her command, giving her a light kiss. “But what do you think-“

 

“I usually love listening to you, but it’s not a big deal.” Gina was frustrated since this was so unlike Yongguk.

 

He sighed. He just wanted someone to talk to about it. Yongguk thought she would be patient and offer some words of advice.

 

But he remembered that she was technically working, that she was getting paid to talk and him. She probably didn’t care about petty high school drama. He resigned to kissing her back. Yongguk flipped them over, snaking his hand up her dress.

 

“That’s more like it.” Gina moaned with approval, arching her back.

 

All thoughts of Jieun were forgotten. For now.

 


 

“Jieun!” He called after her.

 

Her frown turned into a grin when she saw him running up to her. She laughed when he almost tripped over his own foot. He was the clumsiest person ever.

 

“You’re here for our date awfully late. What took you so long?” Jieun playfully punched his gut.

 

His arms were behind his back. That could only mean one thing. “I got you flowers.” She accepted the bouquet of red roses and inhaled their sweet scent.

 

“Only flowers?” She tried her hardest to conceal her disappointment, but it was too late.

 

“Oh please, who do you think I am? It’s our two-year anniversary. I have some stuff planned.” He quirked his eyebrow, bringing her in for an Eskimo kiss. She loved it.

 

“Is it a surprise?” She stood on her toes to give him a peck.

 

“You’re too smart for me.” He interlaced his fingers in hers, holding her hand tight.

 

“Where’s our first stop, captain?” She pouted cutely, clinging to him.

 

“The amusement park!” He excitedly told her! Jieun wanted to jump up and down.

 

Her boyfriend was the absolute best.

 

“When we get married and have kids, we’re taking them on so many rollercoasters, even if they hate it.” Jieun told him, sighing contentedly as she imagined their future life together.

 

“Anything for my beautiful girl.” He agreed with her, nuzzling her neck. They looked at each other. He never failed to make her feel lucky every second she was with him.

 

“Jieun?”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“I love you.”

 

“Jieun… Jieun… Jieun!” A voice woke her up out of her dream. It was Sunhwa.

 

“Oh, you’re awake. You were talking in your sleep. Are you okay?” Concern laced her sleepy voice.

“I’m fine. Don’t worry about me.” Jieun croaked. She heard Sunhwa fall back into bed next to her. Hana and Hyosung were both snoring softly.

 

Jieun laid on her side, trying to get back into her lull of deep slumber.

 

She was glad Sunhwa couldn’t see her tears as Jieun held back another sob.

 


 

A/N: So, I was trying to find another girl who could be involved with Yongguk, and the only idol possible was G.NA. Aside from the fact that I love her to death, she had a stage with Yongguk and her body fits the criteria of a call girl LOL. Well there’s Gyuri, but I’m way too G.NA biased…

 

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Don’t forget to subscribe/comment/upvote!

 

-Adri