Chapter 10

Lion and the Lamb

Yongguk could barely contain himself when his next appointment with Taehee arrived. She raised an eyebrow when he strode over to his plush chair with purpose.

 

“Why, hello Yongguk.” She grabbed her worn notebook, flipping to a clean page, and poised the pen in her hand.

 

“So how have you been, Mr. Bang?” She started every session with her patients the same way.

 

“It’s been an interesting week, actually.” He didn’t know where to start.

 

“Would you like to tell me about it?” Taehee asked him gently.

 

“Well… I asked Gina to come with me to the Formal ball. She said yes.” A smile tugged at the corner of his mouth.

 

“Does that make you happy?”

 

“Of course it does. I just want my mom to like her.” He sighed. He couldn’t just tell his mother that she was a... call girl.

 

“We’ll deal with it when the time comes.” Taehee dismissed, not trying to worry her patient too much. She flipped to notes from the previous session, looking for something to follow up on.

 

“Ah yes, how has it been with that girl… Jieun?” The girl’s name was on the tip of her tongue for the past minute.

 

Yongguk leaned back, his hands against the back of his head. “So, it turns out I was right. She’s a painkiller addict!”

 

Taehee almost laughed. It sounded absurd at first. “What makes you think that?”

 

He looked around the room, as if checking to see if someone was listening. “Remember how the rooftop at school’s my place? She’s been going up there, too. I found her bottle of OxyContin, and when I confronted her about it, she admitted to overdosing on it.”

 

“Interesting. Does she show any signs of being an addict?” She questioned. Taehee had to admit that although fixing her patient’s problems was the rewarding part of the job, she had the most fun with listening to them initially.

 

Yongguk threw his arms up. “Now there’s the problem. She looks like she has a perfect life.”

 

“No, I’m asking about her appearance.”

 

“She… she…” He got a bit rigid.

 

“Yes?”

“This may sound weird, but ever since I learned about her little ‘habit,’ she keeps looking better and better each day I see her. I know I should be noticing more flaws, but how is it that she can appear even more… perfect?” He scratched his forehead.

 

Taehee chuckled to herself. “She must be one attractive girl then.”

 

“She’s going to Formal Ball. Daehyun asked her.” He added irritably.

 

“Interesting.” She repeated while writing down notes for later reference, letting Yongguk rant about Daehyun and Jieun.

 

-Yongguk asked Gina to the Formal Ball. Beginning to show less interest in her. Infatuation is most likely fading.

 

-Jieun admitted to a painkiller overdose. Must be more to the story than meets the eye, however.

 

-Patient is in ABSOLUTE denial. Cannot come to terms with his attraction towards Jieun.

 

She highlighted the last note.

 

-Showing signs of possession over Jieun. Monitor changes in behavior. Possessiveness could be unknowingly affected by past events with father.

 


 

Jieun woke up to rocks being thrown at her window. She shook her head in disbelief. She shuffled over to the window, rubbing her eyes. “What the actual…”

 

Daehyun was outside, throwing rocks like a child. He waved to her.

 

Jieun realized it was 5 am. Daehyun was making a racket with all the noise. Jieun gulped.

 

Her parents were outside, trying to get him to stop. They looked like they were going to call the cops.

 

She stumbled downstairs, opening the front door. She only had a t-shirt and shorts on. It was freezing outside, making Jieun regret going downstairs.

 

“Daehyun! What are you doing?” Jieun hissed when she saw her parents cast her a scary look.

 

He looked love-struck. “I’m just trying to brighten your morning.”

 

Her father took the young man by the shoulders. “Daehyun, it is 5 in the morning! You woke us all up.”

 

He sheepishly apologized. “I didn’t think you guys would hear. I’m sorry.”

 

Her mother let out a deep sigh. “It’s okay, but can you not do that again? There are different ways to woo our daughter, you know.”

 

“MOM!” Jieun turned red.  

 

Her father patted Daehyun on the back. “The least you can do is give Jieun a ride to school. Hopefully you didn’t crack our windows…” He trailed off, rushing in the house to go check the state of the new windows.

 

Daehyun turned to Jieun, planting a kiss on her forehead. “That’s my way of saying good morning.”

 

She backed away from him, giving him an uncomfortable smile. “I’ll be back out in about two hours. Excuse me.”

 

“Two hours? Wait, Jieun!” Daehyun ran after her into the house. He made himself at home in the kitchen while Jieun took a shower and proceeded to hide from Daehyun.

 

When she came back out, ready to leave, Daehyun was already in the car. He honked his horn. “Come on, Jieun.”

 

She sat in the back seat. Jieun was beginning to think he went insane overnight. Junhong was right, no wonder Daehyun was horrible with girls. He was treating her like she was his girlfriend. No, he was going beyond the role of a normal boyfriend. If his intent was to give her no personal space at all, then he was succeeding.

 

Jung Daehyun was going mental.

 

“Would you like me to pick up breakfast before class? I can get some doughnuts for my baby.” He talked to her like she was his ‘baby.’ Literally, his baby, as he cooed like a parent with his toddler.

 

“No, thank you.” Jieun was a patient person, but this was first time she was getting mad with Daehyun.

 

Jieun held her breath until they arrived at TS High. She held herself back from getting the hell away from him, but she regretted it as soon as he put his arm around her.

 

“Oh someone, anyone, please kill me now.” She muttered.

 

“What was that?” Daehyun asked.

 

“Nothing.” She smiled, still hoping someone had a gun and accidentally fired at her.

 

Junhong whistled when he saw the couple. “I didn’t know you two were official now!”

“Zelo,” she used his nickname frequently now, “we are not dating. I repeat, we are not dating.” She saw people staring at them now.

 

“Everyone, Daehyun and Jieun are-“ Jieun stalked over and covered his mouth before another word could be uttered.

 

Just then, the rest of the group walked over to them. Yongguk saw Daehyun’s arm around Jieun. Their eyes met and Jieun wished someone, even if it was Yongguk, could save her from Daehyun’s antics right now.

 

“Aw, you’re so cute with Jieun!” Sunhwa squealed. Jieun gave her a deathly glare.

 

Hyosung skipped up to them with Kikwang in tow. He didn’t attend TS High, but rather, the public high school 5 minutes away. Kikwang stood by his girlfriend awkwardly while she introduced him to the group. Oddly, Yongguk welcomed him warmly.

 

He gave Kikwang a once-over. Kikwang was short with small eyes, but handsome nevertheless. Jieun tried to pull away from Daehyun again, but he managed to keep her within reach. Kikwang stood closer to Jieun. Yongguk slid behind Kikwang, pretending to not care about them, when in fact he cared a lot about Jieun.

 

Well, he didn’t care for Jieun, but he cared about things that pertained to her.

 

When Youngjae happened to get Daehyun’s full attention, Kikwang whispered, “It’s good that you’re taking my advice.”

 

“I’m not, Daehyun’s throwing himself on me. Save me, Kikwang.” She whispered back desperately.

 

“Nah, this is pretty funny. I can’t wait until I tell him.” Kikwang joked, but Jieun soon silenced him with a scowl.

 

“Don’t even say that.” She said in a scary tone that Yongguk had never heard from her before.

 

Yongguk didn’t understand. Who were they talking about?

 

He pushed those thoughts aside when Daehyun went back to Jieun. She still had that scowl on her face, but Daehyun didn’t seem to notice it, as he took her hand.

 

Only this time, Jieun slapped his hand away.

 

“What’s wrong?” Daehyun was concerned.

 

“I’m not your girlfriend! Jesus Christ, Daehyun. What is wrong with you? Just because I’m your date doesn’t mean we’re going out! Don’t throw rocks at my house, don’t act like you’re my boyfriend, and don’t try to kiss me!” She pointed at him, fuming.

Everyone stood wide-eyed until Junhong cleared the air. “So how about that calculus test today guys? Ha. Ha.”

 

Daehyun snapped out of his trance, trying to grab Jieun. “Jieu-“

 

“Don’t. Touch. Me.” Jieun stalked away with Daehyun following suit.

 

Yongguk looked at Kikwang, who was about to burst out laughing. When he saw Yongguk’s similar expression, they both couldn’t hold back.

 

He knew he should be looking out for Daehyun’s best interests and supporting his decisions, but it felt good to see that Jieun just outright rejected him.

 

“What’s so funny?” Hyosung gave the two boys a stern look. Kikwang rubbed her shoulders.

 

Kikwang rolled his eyes. “I don’t understand girls sometimes.”

 

Yongguk nodded. “Tell me about it.”

 


 

Hyosung hugged her boyfriend tightly. Kikwang gave her a peck on the lips. “I’ll see you later babe.”

 

“I’m glad you met my friends today.” She murmured into his chest while he ran his fingers through her hair.

 

“Yongguk and I really hit it off.” He remembered their ‘leader’ clearly. From what he saw, Yongguk seemed cool.

 

“Him and Jieun don’t get along too well…”

 

“Why?” He asked, but the bell rang.

 

“I’ll tell you later!” She kissed him once more before leaving for her first class.

 

As if on cue, his cell phone buzzed. Kikwang saw the number.

 

“No. ing. Way.” He cursed, quickly answering the call.

 

“Dude, since when did you get back to Korea? You didn’t even tell me!” Kikwang couldn’t believe it.

 

“I wanted to surprise everyone. Seocho’s dead right now. I should come up to Apgujeong and stay with you.” His voice crackled through the line.

 

“You won’t believe me, but Jieun’s living in Apgujeong now.”

 

There was an eerie silence on the other end. “Jieun?”

 

“Yeah, she’s friends with my new girlfriend, Hyosung. They go to school together.” Kikwang explained.

 

“How is she?” He asked Kikwang softly.

 

“She’s pretty popular at TS High, she fits in perfectly well. She’s even got a few guys going after her, too.” Kikwang knew that would get his attention.

 

“When can I see you, Kikwang? I think I need to pay Apgujeong a good visit.”

 

Bingo.

 

“First, can I tell Jieun you’re back?” He didn’t want to wait any longer to relay the good news to her. She would be so happy.

 

“No, I want to surprise her. Don’t say anything.”

 

Kikwang groaned. “Why not?”

 

“Just listen to me.”

 

“What if she won’t be happy to see you?” Kikwang knew that was out of the question, but he wanted to see what he would say anyways.

 

He laughed. “You’re ridiculous. She’ll be thrilled to see me. I am Yang Yoseob, after all.”

 

Kikwang agreed. As always, Yoseob was right.


 

A/N: Omg none of you understand how excited I was to reveal that her ex is Yoseob! I could barely write this without squealing lol.

 

So, for a while I had no flipping idea who could play her ex until I came down to Yoseob and Woohyun. Woohyun seems like he would be the one, with the infinity ring and greasiness, but I love Yoseob more… And I wanted to trick a lot of y’all. Haha.

 

I included a Kisung moment upon a few requests and I wanted to make a very special reader happy. *ahem* hyokwanglover – You better be reading this!

 

Don’t forget to subscribe/comment/upvote!