Chapter 2

Lion and the Lamb

The next two weeks passed by smoothly, as Jieun soon grew accustomed to the monotony of school again. Her parents were pleased to hear that Jieun liked TS High for the most part. In their opinion, it was the perfect college preparatory for her. TS was nice without a doubt, but she wouldn’t consider it perfect. But, it was whatever to her. As long as her parents were happy, she was happy.

 

Hana, Hyosung, and Sunhwa were a major help for the most part. After the first week, she knew the campus inside and out and became familiar with certain quirks of the school.

 

Everything seemed to be coming together for Jieun.

 

That is, until her life started to unravel all over again.

 


 

Beep. Beep. Beep.

 

Jieun’s eyes slowly opened. She was sure she was dreaming about him again, but once she snapped out of dreamland into bleary consciousness, Jieun could no longer remember what it was about.

 

“Ugh.” Jieun groaned when she finally turned off her alarm clock. It was Monday. Like any typical student, she hated Mondays with a passion. She couldn’t function without caffeine at the beginning of the week, too. She laid in bed, thinking about how much longer she could laze around before having to get ready.

 

It was completely silent in the house. She rolled out of bed, landing on her feet with a loud thump. Jieun rubbed her eyes as she waited for the water to get scalding hot. But the water just wouldn’t get warm. She scowled, resigning herself to a cold shower.

 

Jieun wanted to dress comfortably today, preferably in sweatpants or comfy jeans with an oversized sweatshirt. But as luck would have it, all of the clothing she wore when she was lazy was in the washing machine. She blankly stared into her closet. After realizing she was wasting the precious time she had left, she closed her eyes and grabbed a random outfit. It was a tight denim romper. Great, she thought, thinking how uncomfortable she’d be on her un-favorite day of the week. She had to settle on the romper with patterned tights and combat boots. It wasn’t like her other clean clothes were any better, anyway.

 

She looked at the clock and almost spit out her homemade coffee that her dad brewed for her before work. It was already 7:30! Jieun didn’t want to be late the third time that month.

 

Jieun literally jumped into her convertible, speeding towards school. She bit her nails, hoping there weren’t any cops to give her a ticket. A sigh of relief came out when she reached the gates.

 

The second bell rang as soon as she got out of her car. Jieun moaned in frustration, no longer bothering to hurry to class. She impulsively kicked her boot on a red Aston Martin near the entrance, regretting it as soon as the deed had been done. The sports car was parked in a reserved spot for… BYG? She squinted, reading the name on the sign. What weird initials.

 

Jieun stared at the shiny hood of the car, her eyes then traveling down to the huge dent she made near the bumper. It wasn’t that noticeable, right? She just hoped this BYG dude wasn’t obsessed about keeping his car pristine. He probably was, seeing how this was the newest Aston on the market and the car looked absolutely perfect.

 

She pushed that thought to the back of her head, trying to focus on getting to her first class. She made a mental note to ask Hana who BYG was during lunch later.

 

“Late again, Miss Song?” Her teacher frowned at a frazzled Jieun.

 

“I’m so sorry.” Jieun gave a little bow. The teacher only sighed and told her to go to her seat. Hyosung was in this class also. She gave Jieun a quizzical look across the room.

 

“Later.” Jieun mouthed to Hyosung, who in return reluctantly nodded.

 

They were in the middle of a lesson Jieun had no idea about. She hated asking for help, but she had to turn to her neighbor. He was a nerdy kid with thick-rimmed glasses and blushed when Jieun tapped his shoulder.

 

“Can you tell me what’s going on right now?” She flashed him a bright smile, crinkling her eyes to seem as friendly as possible. His eyes made its way down to her chest, still blushing. It took Jieun a few seconds to realize that he was blatanly staring at her cleavage that was exposed by her low-cut shirt.

 

“My face is up here.” She deadpanned. He apologized and mumbled out the page in her textbook that they were on.

 

“Thanks.” When he turned away from her, she pulled up her shirt as discreetly as possible. Jieun must’ve still been half-asleep this morning to not realize how much skin she was exposing. This would make her self-conscious for the entire day, as she didn’t have a jacket with her.

 

After three more hours of self-conscientiousness, Jieun rushed to the quad to meet up with the three other girls. She crossed her arms, running to Hyosung.

 

“Please tell me you have a jacket.” She begged her. Hyosung raised an eyebrow.

 

“You’re lucky I have one in my locker. I’ll get it for you.” Hyosung left her alone in the middle of the quad.

 

Jieun sat on one of the stone benches, tapping her pink nails on the rugged surface. Hyosung returned fairly quickly, along with Hana and Sunhwa. “So why were you so late this morning?” She questioned Jieun.

 

Jieun slipped on the cardigan, smiling to herself after she felt a sense of comfort come back to her. “I’m notorious for having horrible Monday mornings. You don’t even wanna know how bad it was this morning.”

 

“Tell me about it. I hate going back to school.” Sunhwa sympathized with her. They started walking towards the Grand Hall, which Jieun just learned was the official title for the cafeteria.

 

“If I were you, Jieun, I’d want to come to school. Have you heard the things people are saying about you? Well, boys at least…” Hyosung winked at Jieun.

 

“This better be good.” Jieun was suspicious.

 

“Apparently, all the guys are trying to get at you. You should hear some of the stuff they’re talking about.” Hana joined in.

 

Jieun laughed. “You’re joking, right? I’m just another girl that their hormones react to.”

 

“Yeah, but you’re new. It’s more exciting since no one really knows too much about you.” Sunhwa added.

 

“They’ll get to know me soon, I’ve only been here two weeks. They need to chill.” Jieun absentmindedly said as she grabbed some fruit to munch on. She looked down at her boots that were scuffed from kicking ‘BYG’s’ car this morning.

 

“Hana, do you know who BYG is? I saw his car this morning.” The three other girls stopped what they were doing.

 

“You seriously don’t know?”

 

“Should I know him?”

 

“I pointed him out the other day. He’s part of B.A.P, remember?” Hana asked slowly.

 

Jieun suddenly remember who B.A.P was. They were a group of six boys who ‘owned’ the campus, according to Hana. On her first day, she caught a glimpse of them but she didn’t give them much thought in contrast to most girls in her class. The three other girls didn’t really pay attention to them, so Jieun figured she didn’t have to either.

 

“How come you don’t care for them like the other people do?”

 

Hana laughed. “Not many people know this, but I’m pretty close to Choi Junhong. He’s a childhood best friend and part of B.A.P. I refer to him as ‘Zelo’ and he calls me ‘Zinger.’ Childish nicknames, I know.”

 

Jieun tried to remember the other names, but she was horrible with names. “Refresh me on the others. You didn’t go in depth the other day.”

Hana’s eyes twinkled, almost as if she had been waiting for Jieun to ask her for more details for days now. “Well, there’s Moon Jongup and Yoo Youngjae. We don’t know them too well. Then there’s Jung Daehyun. I’m surprised you haven’t met him yet. Didn’t you say you’re good at singing?”

 

“I never said I was good, but yes. I love singing.” Jieun turned a light shade of red.

 

“Daehyun is amazing at singing. Once you audition for one of our music programs, you’ll meet him. He’s probably the nicest out of all them. That’s saying a lot, considering how they’re supposedly all jerks.”

 

“Interesting. Last two?” Jieun was drawn to all of the new information Hana was giving her. She felt the sudden urge to see them as soon as possible. They had to be as hyped up as they were made out to be in order to be considered the ‘bad boys’ of TS High, as everyone else had been calling them.

 

“Kim Himchan. He’s the playboy of the group. Well one of two, at least. He’s pretty funny, from what Zelo has told me about him.” Hana said.

 

“So who’s BYG then?” Jieun was dying to know who he was.

 

“BYG? Bang Yongguk is their leader. Without him, they would be nothing. He’s the most popular out of all them, honestly. I don’t get why girls are attracted to him; he’s the coldest, toughest guy I’ve seen. You’ll see when they arrive here in a few minutes.” Hana leaned back, satisfied with her little speech.

 

Jieun’s smile fell. He was the coldest and toughest out of all of them? Uh-oh. By now, she was praying he wouldn’t notice the dent on his bumper this afternoon. “Does he like cars?”

 

“Why are you asking such a random question?” Hyosung finally spoke.

 

“I dented his car this morning with my boot. I kicked his bumper.” Hyosung and Sunhwa gasped.

 

“Why would you do such a thing? Oh god, he’s going to kill you…” Sunhwa trailed off.

 

Jieun laughed nervously. “He wouldn’t be that mad, right? He can just repair it or even buy another one.”

 

Hana had an unreadable expression on her face. “To answer your question, one thing he’s very passionate about is his car. He just bought that Aston, in fact.”

 

Suddenly, the room became dead silent. Jieun stiffened—B.A.P was here. Usually, she would just brush off their presence. But right now? She felt paranoid.

 

“You look like you just saw a ghost, Jieun. Act natural.” Hyosung whispered to her.

 

Jieun sat up straighter, clearing . It was so hard to act natural when she dented a $200,000 car in her school parking lot. She just wished she could redo the entire morning.

 

The footsteps stopped right behind her. Jieun didn’t dare to turn around.

 

Her nose involuntarily wrinkled when she caught a whiff of strong cologne. It was a spicy scent. She hoped it wasn’t Bang Yongguk.

 

“Anyone want to tell me who kicked my car?” A deep, husky voice alarmed her. Jieun bit her lip, her back still facing B.A.P. It seemed as if the entire room held their breath.

 

“Who. Kicked. My. Car?” Jieun assumed this oddly deep voice had to be Yongguk. Hana wasn’t kidding—his voice had a harsh edge to it.

 

Hana looked up and glanced at Jieun. She tilted her head, as if asking her what Jieun was going to do.

 

Unfortunately, Jieun couldn’t stand this guilt she felt. How hard would it be to apologize to him and get on with it? She could easily pay for a new bumper. One part of her conscience told her to do the right thing. But the other was fearful of this Yongguk guy. What if he did something to her?

 

She decided she was being silly. He wouldn’t do anything to her, especially in front of majority of the school. Jieun took a deep breath, slowly standing up.

 

“I kicked your car.” A collective gasp and murmurs of the students filled the room. Jieun kept her head down, refusing to meet his eyes. Or any of the other boys’ eyes, for that matter. Her nerves were getting the best of her as soon as she owned up to it.

 

“Why?” His voice was deadly cold.

 

“It was an accident, I didn’t mean to. I’m so-“

 

“Look at me when I’m talking to you.”  He commanded her.

 

Okay, Yongguk’s voice was scaring the crap out of her. It made her ooze with fear, to say the least.

 

Her head snapped up.

 

She shouldn’t have looked up.

 

The five boys behind Yongguk looked amused at the situation in front of them. She scanned their faces, unable to put names to faces. All she could think was that they were pretty handsome.

 

Then she met Yongguk’s hard stare. Once she looked at him, she couldn’t tear her eyes away from him.

 

If she wasn’t responsible for damaging his car and just like any other girl in the room right now, she’d say Bang Yongguk was cute. No, scratch that.

 

Bang Yongguk was hot as hell.

 

Jieun gulped. Yongguk had piercing dark eyes and a tan face that she could look at all day. This wasn’t helping at all.

 

“So tell me why the actual you would purposely damage my new car.” He stated dryly.

 

“Uhh…” Jieun couldn’t think. She almost thought she heard Sunhwa groan behind her.

 

“I didn’t know it was your car.” Jieun lamely came up with a comeback.

 

Bang Yongguk didn’t even laugh. “Are you kidding me? How could you not know that parking space has always been reserved for me? Are you dumb or something?”

 

Jieun’s blood started to boil at this comment. “I’m not dumb. I’m just new here.”

 

Yongguk scoffed. “Even the most ignorant, poorest person in this school knows where I park.”

 

Jieun had to admit his last sentence sounded stupid, but she tried to hold on to whatever composure she had left while staring back at him. “Actually, I didn’t even know who you were before my friend filled me in about you.”

 

Yongguk froze in place. “You’ve got to be kidding me.”

 

Jieun shook her head slowly. “I’m not. I’m sorry about denting your car though. I was having a bad morning and I acted on impulse. I can pay for damages to make this easier.”

 

She was getting used to his glares now. She felt less intimidated.

 

Yongguk only seemed to intensify his piercing stare. “Are you pitying me now? You just offered to pay for damages.”

 

He thought she was pitying him? Jieun really wanted to tell him off, but she would take the high road. Her parents would’ve wanted her to, he would’ve wanted her to. “I’m just trying to be nice. You can take it or leave it. Again, I’m sorry. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have to get back to my lunch. It was nice meeting you, Yongguk.” She her heel, going back to her chair. Hyosung, Sunhwa, and Hana were astonished, along with all the other students.

 

Yongguk stood there, at a loss of words. “Who the hell are you?” He asked. She slowly turned around, facing him once again.

“Song Jieun.” She couldn’t help but give him a small smile when the words came out of . Despite her fear of him, it gave her great satisfaction to know that she won. Adrenaline pumped through her veins, knowing that he would've been proud of her if he was here. She didn’t cower, but instead she actually did something right today. On a Monday, of all days.

 


 

A/N: Subscribe and comment! :)

-Adri