Chapter 3

Lion and the Lamb

Yongguk stormed out of TS High in frustration. His five friends followed behind him. Yongguk wanted to scream. He was usually emotionally indifferent, but this was his car! Anyone who knew of him would know he loved cars and took pride and his automobile investments. His mother just bought the red Aston Martin a few days ago as an early birthday present. With the car, Yongguk felt like he was walking on air for the past couple of days. It was perfect to him—it was his dream car.

 

Now, it was all ruined. He’d have to replace the bumper and it wouldn’t be the same to Yongguk. He was such a perfectionist about everything in his damn life that he couldn’t cope right now.

 

“Who the hell does she think she is?” Yongguk asked in his raspy voice, to no one in particular.

 

“Yongguk, just relax a little, will you? It’s just a car.” Jongup placed a hand on Yongguk’s shoulder. He shrugged it off.

 

“Just a car? You know that’s, like, the one thing I care about. I was so… content driving it.” Yongguk’s blood pressure remained high. His eyes scanned the rows of luxury cars in the parking lot. School had just ended, and many students were speeding off as soon as the bell rang.

 

He wondered which one was that stupid girl’s car. Youngjae was already one step ahead of him. “No, Yongguk. Don’t do it.”

 

“Why not? Karma’s a .” Yongguk’s laugh was hoarse. It was a cruel laugh.

 

“She sounded sincere, it was just an impulsive mistake.”

 

Yongguk turned to face Youngjae. “And why are you defending her?”

 

“Oh come on, Yongguk. She even offered to pay for damages.” Youngjae reasoned with him.

 

“She was pitying me! I bet she was lying about being new, too. We’ve never had a transfer.” Yongguk said.

 

“I’ve never seen her before though. Give her the benefit of the doubt. I mean, she’s really nice on the eyes, at least…” Youngjae tried to calm him down.

 

“I didn’t really notice. Of course you would say that, Youngjae.” His voice was dripping with sarcasm.

 

Youngjae gave up, his head hanging down. Junhong nudged him in the ribs. “There she is. She hangs out with Hana, Hyosung, and Sunhwa.” He whispered to the four, hoping Yongguk didn’t hear.

 

Yongguk had keen hearing, unfortunately. His head shot up and he spotted her immediately.

 

Jieun couldn’t stop laughing about a mean joke Hana had just made about a girl in their class. It was horribly mean, but accurately true. Her dark red hair shone in the sun and her bright smile could be seen from several feet away. Yongguk’s eyes were fixated on her infectious grin. She looked so… happy.

 

“Youngjae has good taste in girls, that’s for sure.” Himchan remarked.

 

Yongguk ignored his best friend, keeping his eyes locked on her as she walked to her convertible. He couldn’t believe this seemingly innocent girl had the mere audacity to pity him, talk back to him, especially after she purposely dented his ‘baby.’

 

He had never come across anyone like her. Damaged car aside, she made him curious.

 

“Yongguk? You’re deadly silent…” Jongup was uncomfortable with the suddenly silent

 

“What’s her name again?” Yongguk’s expression turned cold and indifferent once again.

 

“Uh, Song Jieun? I think that’s what it was.”

 

“Song Jieun…” Her name rolled off his tongue quite nicely.

 

“What’s the matter?” Daehyun was concerned.

 

“Find her. Find out everything about her.”

 


 

“He doesn’t seem that bad…” They were on the topic of yesterday’s events. Jieun was invited to hang out at Hana’s house that night.

 

“You just try to find the good in everyone, don’t you? Listen to me, Jieun. Don’t associate yourself with him. You’re just asking for trouble.” Sunhwa shook her head.

 

“Oh please, what’s the worst that could happen?” Jieun concealed her uneasiness.

 

“He’s done some pretty bad stuff, taking advantage of other people. In our freshman year he beat up another kid in our class for asking what was wrong when Yongguk was in a bad mood. I kid you not.” Hyosung shuddered.

 

“You guys are making me feel so much better.” Jieun sighed.

 

“I’m sorry Jieun, but we’re just trying to lay out the facts. I doubt he’d beat you up, but he might get back at you somehow.” Sunhwa said.

 

“I’m trying to be positive, okay? Can we stop talking about it for a while?” Jieun rubbed her temples, feeling a headache beginning to come on.

“Fine. Wait, where’s Hana?” Hyosung looked around the living room.

 

As if on cue, the door in the foyer opened. In came Hana and her neighbor, Choi Junhong.

 

“Zelo wanted to come over tonight. You guys don’t mind if he joins us, right?” Hana looked right at Jieun. Jieun glanced at Zelo, who gave her a charming, confident smile.

 

“Of course not. Here, Junhong.” Hyosung made space for him on the carpet. Sunhwa and Hyosung seemed accepting of him, if not comfortable. Jieun guessed they were acquaintances with him, but not the rest of B.A.P.

 

Junhong eyed Jieun. “What you did yesterday was pretty cool, Jieun.”

 

She tucked a lock of hair behind her ear, a nervous habit she developed over the years. “Thanks, but it was quite embarrassing if you ask me.”

 

“Nah, no one has really stood in Yongguk’s way. His best friends can’t even put him in his place sometimes. He does his own thing.”

 

Jieun was about to answer, but Zelo cut her off. “So is it true that you’re new?”

 

“Yeah, my parents moved to Apgujeong a month ago.” Jieun couldn’t help but smile at how damn adorable Junhong was. He looked like one of the puppies at the pound in Seocho that she always tried to take home.

 

“Cool, cool. You’ve got some nerve, girl. That’s a good thing.” Junhong shot her a knowing look.

 

“I don’t think so.” Jieun laughed. Junhong was easy to get along with. He was nice, charismatic, and charming. Why couldn’t she have dented his car instead?

 

“Well he’s been talking about you all day, so I guess you stuck in his mind.”

 

Jieun looked at Junhong as if he was crazy. “Did he get his bumper repaired?”

 

“He’s getting it done tonight. Once his car is back to normal, I’m sure he’ll shut up.” Junhong shrugged.

 

After the next few hours of laughter, storytelling, and gossip passed, Jieun had to get home. Everything was fine until Junhong insisted that he take her home.

 

“Are you sure? I was planning to drop her off, Zelo.” Hana didn’t want to inconvenience Junhong.

 

“Oh, it’s no problem. I have nothing better to do.” Junhong escorted her out of Hana’s house. As soon as Jieun slid into the leather seat, Junhong popped in a Kanye West CD.

“So where do you live?” After Jieun gave him her address, he cleared his throat.

 

“I’ve been meaning to ask you—and this may seem weird—but are you taken?”

 

Jieun looked at Junhong, who kept his eyes on the road. “No.” Jieun didn’t like where this conversation was going.

 

“Do you have anyone in mind though?” Junhong’s expression remained blank, as if he trying to hide his true intentions.

 

“Yes.” Jieun looked out the window. She didn’t want to be reminded of this right now.

 

“Who?”

 

“Sorry, but I’d rather not talk about it.” Jieun said tersely.

 

“Okay, never mind then.”

 

The rest of the ride home was silent. Jieun wondered why he would ask such a question, especially since they had just met a few hours ago.

 

“Thanks for the ride, Junhong.” Jieun muttered before getting out of the car.

 

“Anytime.” Junhong smiled brightly at Jieun, feeling no discomfort at all. He waited until Jieun entered her house before he took out his phone, dialing one of the only numbers he knew by heart.

 

“I took her home, like you told me to. I got her address, too.”

 

“Good. What does it look like?” The voice on the phone asked.

 

Junhong had to step outside to get a better look at it in the dark. “Dark blue and fairly new. I can’t really tell.”

 

“Alright. I’ll be there around 5 tomorrow morning. I can’t believe I’m losing sleep because of this stupid girl.”

 

Zelo ran back to his car since it was so cold outside. “Are you sure you want to do this? I mean, maybe we’re going too far…”

 

“She needs to learn a lesson.”

 

“But she’s actually really kind—she’s a good person.” Junhong had to admit Jieun was one of the most sincere and kindest girls he had ever met. He was beginning to feel horrible about what they were about to do.

 

“Don’t back out now, Junhong. I’ll meet you at school tomorrow after I’m done.”

 

“Wait.”

 

“What, Junhong?” He sounded impatient.

 

Junhong was about to tell him about Jieun’s weird reaction to his relationship questions in the car, but he decided now wasn’t the best time. “Never mind. I’ll see you tomorrow.”

 

He slouched in the driver’s seat. It was rare for Junhong to second guess his decisions, so he shook off the uneasiness he was feeling.

 

Zelo was the mischievous one. He wasn’t about to stop now.

 


 

A/N: This was more of a transition chapter, sorry if it was boring. :( I promise you’ll like the next chapter lol.

 

Don’t forget to subscribe/comment/upvote!

 

-Adri