This is not the reality I wanted.

She dreamt about Kris Wu

 

I was digging a hole and I have no intentions of climbing out. I want to dig deeper. I wanted to offer a shovel to my oh-so-lovely cousin, Joon to start scooping the dirt and start burying me.

I couldn't speak. I didn't want them to hear more duck sounds.

I am not grateful that the dining table was a little too crowded for 14 people.  But I was lucky that the seat beside Joon was empty. I pulled it out which made an irritating screeching sound against the floor.

I also noticed that no one was moving since the moment I set foot in the dining room. They were all gawking at me like I’m an interesting TV show and their attention was that to the level of the part. I sat on the seat awkwardly while the whole room was still as ice.

I scooped rice and stew for me to eat and ignored all their weird stares. The room was silent except for the sounds of my own utensils. I kept in mind that nothing happened a while ago. Nothing. Completely nothing, Hyebin.

“Ehem.” My cousin Joon, cleared his throat and I saw him shooting signals to the EXO members through his eyes. Then, he motioned them to continue eating which the others immediately obeyed.

 I sat there, quietly eating the hot stew. I couldn't help but sniff and sniff. Colds, shoo.

I didn’t notice that Xiumin and Kris were back until someone tapped my right shoulder.

“Uhm, Hyebin-ah… That is Kris’s chair…” The bun, who was red from laughing, pointed his thumb to Kris.

“A-ani. It’s okay. You can have my seat.” Kris waved his hands while smiling politely at me.

HE.SMILED.AT.ME.

WU.FAN.SMILED.AT.ME.

Unconsciously, heat rushed to my cheeks and my spoon dropped to the floor.

Aish, Hyebin-ah! Why are you so clumsy?

I quickly bent down to pick it up but someone’s long and slim fingers were faster than mine. I looked up to see Kris’s face inches away from mine.

“It’s okay, I got it.” His mint smelling breath brushed over my face which made my insides turn and jump excitedly. I even felt like my heart suddenly danced like Baekhyun.

The distance between him and my face was so close it didn’t fail to flash the images of my dream. My waist was secured in his muscular arms…mine was slung around his neck…

His mysterious, compelling, strikingly beautiful eyes that stared straight into mine—melting my heart.

The picture made me shiver and I shook my head to erase it before I could transform into fifty shades of red. I straightened my back and inhaled deeply, trying to calm myself.

Kris placed the spoon on the sink while I stood from my seat to get myself a new one.

“Don’t bother, I’ll get it.” He said and pushed my shoulders to make me sit again.

Oh, Kris, if you keep acting like this, Tao might go down from rank 1 of my bias list.

Kris came back and sat beside me. As it appears that it was the only seat available since Xiumin sat beside Chen. He placed the spoon beside my bowl and smiled again.

GAAAAAASSSSHHHHH THE FEEEELSSSSSS

I think I should also mention that Tao was sitting exactly opposite from mine. And that made it really, really hard to contain my shyness and feels.

“So… Joon, mind if you introduce her to us? It seems like you only favour Kris, Xiumin and Tao.” Suho broke the silence.

“Ey, Suho hyung, It’s nothing like that. It was just because they were the ones who came when she went to the company building.” Joon denied, waving his chopsticks.

“Annyeong pretty agassi! My name is Chanyeol! Do you know me? Are you our fan?” The Happy Virus leaned against the table, eager for an answer.

“Ye-“ I quickly pursed my lips before I could utter the whole word. I forgot that I would be sounding like a duck if I speak.

Instead, I nodded shyly at him which made him jump in his seat.

“Uwa~! Daebak…! We can be friends then!” Chanyeol grabbed my hand across the table and grinned—showing his white pearls.

The move startled me but… I expected it though. After all, he is a happy virus.

I nodded again in reply. Blame my colds. I felt like I was mute and a huge retarded person who can only nod to satisfy a conversation.

“Hyung, I think your scaring her…” Tao poked Chanyeol’s arm with his chopsticks.

“Ah, mian, mian. I’m just… excited.” Chanyeol rubbed the back of his neck and smiled again at me before going back to digging in.

“Aish, you’re only that excited when you see girls.” Baekhyun mumbled under his breath with a sour expression. He paused from eating and stabbed his kimchi spaghetti with a fork.

“Oi, Baekyun-ah, don’t vent your jealousness on my spaghetti.” D.O. scolded Baekhyun who was pouting on his plate.

“By the way, I’m D.O. nice to meet you.” D.O. flashed me a smile which I returnEd casually. He has this mother aura that makes me comfortable despite the twelve handsome men surrounding me.

“I am not jealous!” Baekhyun stabbed his food again.

“And that’s Baekhyun.” D.O. chided.

“Don’t worry. She knows each and everyone of you. She’s a huuuuuuuge fan of EXO and her current obsession is Ta-OUCH!“ My blabber mouth cousin is such a blabber mouth. I swear, if I get the chance, I would sew his lips together. It’s up to him where he would intake his food.

I stomped on his foot before he could even reveal it. I shot him a look so he could make up an excuse.

“A fly bit my toe.” He quicly muttered and ducked his head under the table to nurse his foot.

“Ge, can a fly bite a human?” Tao innocently asked Chen.

“Yes, and it hurts so much because they have sharp teeth and poison in their saliva.” Chen said with a straight face while demonstrating sharp fangs with his fingers.

Luhan and Lay shook their heads in pity.

Tao shivered at that and turned to Kris.

“Ge, is that true?”

“No, Tao. Chen was just joking.” Kris laughed at his maknae who is so cutely innocent.

“Ge, I hate you.” Tao slapped Chen’s arm and pouted at him.

TAO, YOU ADORABLE PANDAAAA

“Anyway, Joon? You were saying? Her current obsession is?” Kris asked Joon who is now unbelievably normal like the stomp didn’t happen.

“Oh… her current obsession is Ta-“

I shot him another look.  YOU.ARE.GOING.TO.DIE.

“Ahaha.,, er. Ta-Ta-…Tango. Yes, she likes tango very much.”

I almost buried my face in frustration.

“Oh you like to dance? Well, that’s great. I like chicks who dance.” Kai winked at me which sent another heat wave to my cheeks.

He high-fived Sehun who was giggling.

“Where are your manners?...” D.O. murmured and looked at the two with disgust.

“This is a random question…but, I’m just curious. Who is your bias among us?” Xiumin propped his chin on both his hands , staring straight at my direction.

I almost dropped my spoon , together with my plate, bowl and chopsticks.

All the other members’ attentions were caught. They all stopped eating and their eyes were focused on me.

I glanced at Tao then at Kris. They were also staring at me.

Then I felt something itchy building up my nose. After 5 seconds, I had a new memory of my most embarrassing moment of my life.

“ACHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

MOTHER OF ALL EMBARASSED GIRLS WHERE ARE YOU?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N:

Happy Happy Birthday to my co-author Nielle ^^

And to Sehun too :D

Saranghae chinggu-yah~!

-faye_lee