A Phone Call

She dreamt about Kris Wu

I don’t know why my mornings would always be irritable. Often times, I would wake up dazed by my bewildering dreams. This time however, Joon’s annoying high-pitched voice turned me to a walking dead cast.

“Ayuuu~~~~ Hyebin-ah~!” Joon attempted to sound like a cheerful mom out of those common dramas seen on tv. I covered my head with my blanket and added a pillow as another protective layer. His voice was then followed with a violent shaking. I almost fell off my bed when he jumped on it, making the springs bounce and me, literally floating from bed for a millisecond.

Despite the given circumstance, I refused to get out of my soft haven. I mean puh-lease. It’s a weekend, for pete’s sake. I don’t even have to get up early. Besides, I stayed up until 5 am just to finish a thesis project.

And, ftw. I’m in my own house, not his. Yes, I might have some sleepovers in his territory but that doesn’t mean he could interrupt my serenity of sleeping.

“Oi~ Lee Hyebin~!”

That’s it.

I slowly, and groggily opened my eyes and pulled the blankets to measure the time through the sunlight of my window. And guess what, the sun light is still young. In my estimation, it’s around 7:30 a.m. in the morning which means, I barely had 3 hours of sleep.

What’s he even doing here at the break of dawn?

Joon, you are gonna get it.

With my back turned to him, I spoke with a chilly voice that I’ve somehow managed to master with my drama watching and stuff. I didn’t know it would be this useful. Oh, well.

“Do you know what time is it?”

“Of course~! It’s 7:32 in the morning see, it’s what your clock says. “ The stupid guy replied as if he had a broken radar for moody people.

“Yes. It’s 7:32 a.m. in the morning. Now, do you know what time did I sleep last night?” I kept my voice in control however; I can feel the veins in my head tightening.

“Duh~How am I supposed to know that? Let me be clear. I-AM-NOT-A-STALKER. You know what, You are such a feele-“

HE.DROPPED.THE.BOMB.

With my strength powered by huge doses of annoyance and irritation, I pinned Joon on the bed and nearly strangled him using his shirt’s colar.

“THAT’S NOT WHAT I MEANT, JOON. I FLAPPIN SLEPT AT 5 AM AND HERE YOU ARE OBSTRUCTING MY WAY TO MY ONLY RELAXTION. NOW, KICK YOURSELF OUT OF MY ROOM BEFORE I DO IT MYSELF!”

I was panting at the end of that long speech. :P

“Woah. Calm your hormones down. I’m going out okay.” 

Joon scampered out of my bed. And just before he closed the door, he muttered: “Tao’s on the phone.” He then made a dash to the house’s exit.

“UGGGHHHH THAT JERK!!!!” I groaned in more annoyance and threw my bed sheets off me to the floor. Now it’s my turn to dart and reach the telephone as fast as I can.

“H-hey.” *Pant* *pant* *pant*

I could almost hear my breath on the other line.

“I thought you were never going to answer. “ Tao’s voice seemed enlightened and relieved. I guess I kept him waiting for too long.

“I-I’m sorry. Could you give me a couple of seconds? I just need to catch my breath.”

“Uh, sure. Tell me what’s up right after.”

I then, plunged on the couch and placed my foot on top of the coffee table. Good thing my parents were out and about early in the morning for some fishing trip. And my brothers were off to have some good time with their friends. If my dad sees me even landing a toe on his coffee table, I’m gonna get tasered.

After probably 15 seconds of panting, Tao had the initiative to finally speak up since my breathing had slowed down.

“What’s up? I heard some screaming earlier.” Tao asked with a chuckle.

“That was Joon…and me. I kind of didn’t like the way he woke me up.”

“I see. Anyways, just … checking on you.” Tao said the last few words in a low volume. He is shy. And that’s cute. But that’s…just pressuring me even more.

“I’m so sorry, we weren’t able to have a proper date before we left for promotions. It was such an unmanly thing to do...I’m sorry too that we were able to talk only now. I didn’t find time due to the busy schedule. I really mis- hold up for a second, sorry.”

“Sure.” I answered with a shaky voice. Here comes the panda, pressuring me again. Gawd. The date. It’s been a week since they left for China and I almost forgot the date. Gah.

I heard distant voices over the line and I was sure it was Kris and Tao speaking.

“Is that Hyebin?”

“Yeah.”

“Do you mind if I talk to her? Just for half a minute?”

Oh me gah. Kris wants to talk to me. Eottoke, eottoke, I quickly combed my hair and fixed my pajamas. It was then that I realized that he couldn’t see me over a phone call. I know, that was just so stupid.

“Hello? Hyebin?” Tao was finally back on line.

“Yes?”

“Do you mind if Kris ge talks to you?”

“No problem.” I answered with quite a hesitation.

“Okay, I’ll hand the line over to him.”

I waited for a few seconds until I finally heard that deep velvet voice I never knew I missed until now. Okay, that sounded mean. I mean, I missed Tao too!

“Hello Hyebin-ssi?”

For a second, I thought I’ve lost my voice and air.

“Ah, yes?” I answered in a quite small voice.

“Hi, I just wanted to inform you that my slave contract would start as soon as I get back. Sorry if I can’t start it as soon as possible.”

“Th-that’s okay.” That’s completely okay. I swear. Like, knowing that you’re willing to be my slave is more than enough.

“Oh, and by the way, please tell Hyewon to watch out for her phone bills. Texting abroad is expensive. I suppose you gave her my number?”

Lee Hyewon. You’re going to meet my doom. You and Joon. That girl promised me she wouldn’t text even a single “.” to Kris. Gaaaaaah. Life is so wretched. So as my cousin and best friend. And me.

“I’m sorry, she kind of…forced me…” I said in a very sheepish manner that sounded like I am willing to dig my own grave in apology.

“Nah, that’s okay. Anyway, we have to go, we’re up on stage in a few minutes. Bye~!”

“Bye~”

“Hyung~! That was Hyebin?!” I heard Xiumin asked.

“What? Hyebin?” Suho joined.

“Hyebin-ah!~!!!!” I heard Sehun shout.

“Hey, wait, wait!” I heard Tao say. And I could imagine the EXO members crowding.

“Hyebin-ssi! Cook for us a feast when we get back!!!!” I heard Xiumin say.

“Prepare a baozi!”

“And deers!”

“And a Panda!”

“And Chicken!!!”

I heard the other boys as well and Suho trying to calm his children down.

“Hey, Sorry,  I got to go. See you soon!”

“Yep, Bye.~”

And then, the call ended.

Okay, now, my revenge.

“JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

I ran out the house and searched the whole front yard. I saw Joon hiding inside our pet dog’s house. I pulled him out by the ear until we came to the kitchen.

“You could have brought me in a little nicely. I’m still older than you, after all.” Joon rubbed his reddened ear with a pout. Joon is cute and handsome. But his acts make him hateful for me. Well, not exactly, hateful. That’s too strong of a word.

  “Oh really, then, you could have woke me up nicely too.” I said and displayed a sarcastic smile.

Joon just scoffed at me and stomped towards the pantry to rummage for food.

“Why are you even here? Don’t you have a training at the company?”

“Nope.” He said , popping his lips on the ‘p’.

“Nope, I don’t have a training so I am here at your house to sleepover.”

He continued searching through the pantry.Unfortunately, there were only two things left to consume; a can of lima beans and a pack of Ramen noodles.

“Don’t eat the Ramen. That’s mine.” I declared as soon as his hands were set on it. Joon did the opposite and clutched the dear food near his chest.

“I said, that’s mine!”

“NOOO!!!!” He protested and initiated a race.

I tried to grab it from him and we went round and round the house fighting for one pack of Ramen. That was until he hid the thing inside his pants which is very, very, very disturbing.

In frustration, I kneed his stomach which made him curl in pain on the floor.

“1: Don’t wake me up in the strangest of ways and 2: Don’t ever, ever, attempt to steal food from me.” I  stomped back to my room and decided to just go back to sleep. Not even a minute after I lay comfortably, I received a voice message from Hyewon.

“GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! OKAY, OKAY, I CAN’T BELIEVE THIS. KRIS REPLIED TO MY TEXTS. SPAZZ. SPAZZ. SPAZZ. He told me open quote:"Texts abroad are pricey." close quote. KYAHAHAHHAHAHA~”

Face palm.


 

Okay. I'm sorry. I know. It was a crappy chapter.

Author-nim is so sorry. TUT blame college entrance exams and long tests. 

And college application forms. = Blame high school life.

;u;

so sorry.

here's to cheer you up:

 

 

XOXO, faye_lee