Night Sky

She dreamt about Kris Wu

4 inches…

3 inches…

2.5 inches…

2 inches…

1.9…

1.8…

1.7…

1.6…

1.5…

1.4…

1.3…

1.2…

1…

I thought he was never going to stop. I stood there in a frozen state. I wasn’t moving. I shut my eyes tight when the distance got so close that his warm breath tickled my lips.

Will this be it? My first kiss?

With the rate he’s going, I was sure that he didn’t mind a quick contact between our lips. My heart was beating so fast and my blood flowed so fast in my veins. My fists were clenched in anticipation and nervousness at the same time.

But somehow, I know that this is wrong. Tao is watching…and my best friend Hyewon is witnessing. I was weighing the consequences between the two choices I have for now.

If I ever let go, I will become a slave of Kris. Will it be that bad if I be his personal slave? It doesn’t seem so mean to me. Kris doesn’t look to be that kind of person. But still…

However, if I allowed him to kiss me, it would surely place a ridge on my relationship with my best friend and Tao. On whatever situation I would put it, there would always be awkward moments to be considered and unwanted insecurity might blossom.

Before I could even ponder so deep on my dilemma, I heard a collective gasp from the small audience.

“Ge…” I heard Chen whisper.

“I thought he was going to kiss her.” Xiumin mumbled , expressing his thoughts out.

“Dude, you are not a man!” Luhan chided.

“I would have gone so far and included my tongue if I had the cha-“ Kai wasn’t able to finish his sentence. I bet someone elbowed him in the stomach judging by the sounds he’s making.

Slowly, my eyelids uncovered my eyes. And as soon as I realized what happened, I couldn’t help but let my jaw hang open and my eyes widen in shock.

There was one thing I haven’t considered as a choice. At the back of my mind, I did silently wish for it but seeming it to be so impossible, I’ve let the thought flutter away.

“Kris hyung, you’re now an official slave of Hyebin.” Chanyeol declared and clapped his hands.

The others followed his gestures and Kris received an attack of chores at once.

“Oh yeah! Way to go Hyebin! Make our duizhang suffer!” – Chen

“Yeah! Make him clean the bathroom!” –Baekhyun

“Wash the dishes!” – D.O.

“Coook!” –Lay

“Do a dirty dance!!!!” And once again, Kai suffered multiple injuries.

I can’t explain why but I was somehow disappointed. Disappointed that Kris didn’t allow that small contact. Yes, it was wrong and selfish in that mean perspective of mine.

But this thought was swept away immediately when I saw how relieved Tao looked. Unlike before the game started, He now looked normal and that cute maknae essence was back.

“Hyebin-ah, use your token wisely, okay?” Joon messed my hair. In return, I messed his too.

“I really thought he was going to kiss you.” Hyewon said with an exhale of relief.

“Of course he wasn’t.” I said in a tone that was hard for me to believe. Because silently, I still hoped that he was. This bitter, bitter dilemma full of a world.

“Now, for the next pocky game!!!” Chanyeol interrupted the jeering at Kris.

Chanyeol’s face evidently paled when he unfolded the yellow paper on his hands. His cheerful face looked like all the blood from it went down the sink. “What now?” D.O. asked in an impatient manner.

“Uh…” Chanyeol’s forehead was suddenly filled with bullets of sweat.

“The guy picked his own name.” Kai said with a playful smirk. Chanyeol punched his dongsaeng’s muscled abdomen which added up to Kai’s injuries.

“Oh good! It’s sweet revenge then!” Xiumin rubbed his hands in evil anticipation as Chanyeol picked another yellow paper with shaking hand.

Before he could even unfold it, Suho stole the paper from his grip. Chanyeol was about to protest but Suho overlapped with the announcement of the second player.

“Kai.” Suho declared the name with a muffled laughter. Chanyeol buried his face in his palms and weeped depressingly.

“I ain’t gonna kiss that creeper. Never. Over my dead, y body.” Kai shook his head in disagreement and disgust. The other members on the other hand—especially those who did embarrassing things in the previous game, cheered.

Xiumin shot up from his seat and pumped his seat. Chen, Luhan, Tao, and Kris on the other hand performed their happy dance which included hilarious steps.

D.O. was clearly disappointed as he had a stone face on like Sehun usually wears. Sehun, was as usual, drinking a choco bubble tea that D.O. prepared as an experiment.

And of course, Baekhyun. How could we forget Baekyeol? Baekhyun miraculously left the light switch and glared at Kai with unyielding eyes.

In the end, Kai and Chanyeol accomplished the pocky game. It didn’t end peacefully though. Both were gagging afterwards. Baekhyun and D.O. also developed a—little rivalry.

The party ended when Suho received a text message from the manager—telling them that he will be home in a few minutes. Everyone cooperated with tidying the house.

We bid our goodbyes to them and promised to see each other again once they’re back from their China promotions. Joon went back to his dorm while Hyewon and I headed home.

~

I was lying on my bed, waiting for sleep to come.

I couldn’t help on recalling what happened a while ago. Everything would manage to make butterflies flutter inside my stomach and my intestines would feel like they’re crawling.

I shifted my position and laid on my right side. I pulled the covers up to my chin and stared at the view that my small window offered.

The moon shone brightly on my face as if it was beaming at me. The stars appeared as joyful and twinkled. I marvelled at the sight and reached out my fingers as if I could touch each one of them.

And then, it came to a point where I couldn’t holdback anymore. I slid out of my comfortable bed and fetched my camera that was sitting on my bed side table.

With bare feet, I traipsed to my window and pushed it open. The wind from the cold night entered my room, making me shudder. It was a soft breeze that managed to blow my hair away from my face.

I sighed in content and placed my eyes against the viewfinder. I adjusted the lens a bit and searched for the right spot of the lighting. When I was satisfied, I pressed the shutter button.

I was about to browse on my new art when my cell phone lit up and vibrated. I walked to it after shutting the window. An unknown number flashed on the screen, indicating a text message.

I tapped on the message button and a long message appeared.

Hi, sorry if I interrupted your sleep. I just wanted to say that don’t be shy.

Just order me around. Goodnight! I hope you sleep well. 

P.S. I got your number from Joon.  

-Slave

I smiled at the text message and now gazed at the picture I took earlier. Will the night sky look as beautiful as it is in China?  I wonder how long would a month trudge…

______________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: 

GAHH TT3TT

At last, an update! Sorry if I kept you hanging on the cliff for too long.

I really was busy with the review. *le sigh* This might be my last update for the month.

On the positive side, you could spazz first on EXO's CB :DDD

Aheuheuheu <3 that friggin hot dragon-wolf :"">>

'til the next update ^^

-faye_lee