A miraculous rainy day

She dreamt about Kris Wu

For a week now I lived like a soulless creature. After school, I went straight home to do my homework and review my lessons. That was all I’ve got to do and a few chores here and there. I’ve got no cellphone, no laptop, and no mp3 player. All because of a freakishly childish fight with my 2 year old cousin Joon.

 

 

 

Today was the most horrible of my grounded life. Hyewon did not come to school since yesterday she was having an insane cough and colds. I had little of my spazzing life left. I think the only good thing is that I at least mentained my social life chatting with my other friends in lunch.

 

 

But still, I feel doomed. HOW ON EARTH WILL I SURVIVE WITHOUT TUMBLR. HOW?!?! TELL ME.

 

 

I still have a week left to pay for my “ill-actions” which by the way, I don’t regret at all. Joon deserves hitting. And I don’t.

 

 

I was walking listlessly on my way to the bus stop when heavy droplets started falling from the sky. I cursed under my breath as I fetched an umbrella inside my bag.

 

 

To my horrid surprise, the umbrella inside my bag was the one that Kris lent me. Why do I have to be reminded that I can’t hang out with them?! I grunted as I opened the thing to shield me from the rain.

 

 

A few walks later, a speeding taxi was about to roll its wheel right over the puddle beside me. I ran back to save my from the hit but unfortunately slipped under the wet pavement—landing face first on the cold ground. CAN ANYTHING GET BETTER? A FALLING METEORITE ON MY HEAD MAYBE?!

 

 

I waited for the huge splash to occur and drench me to my undergarments but it never came. Instead, a huge black umbrella shielded the wave of the murky water. Immediately, long slender fingers appeared before my face.

 

 

I looked up to the owner and almost choked all the breath out of my lungs. Kris to the freakin’ Wu is standing right in front of my eyes. Mother of all fantasy dreamers—I praise thee with all the saneness left in my soul.

 

 

I gaped like a frozen fish at him.

 

 

Before I even realized it, he didn’t wait for me to take his hand. He dropped his umbrella on the ground and helped me up by the waist. When I was up on my feet, he carefully wiped my dirted face with a white handkerchief that he fetched from his pocket.

 

 

“Kris, is that really you? Am I dreaming? Is this a gag cam? OY! GET OUT ALL OF YOU! That was really funny. Landing on my face and stuff. How about we take another shoot? This time, let the puddle drench me—“

 

 

“Hyebin, you’re not dreaming.” Kris said with a y husky laugh.

 

 

“I’m not?” I asked with rounded eyes.

 

 

“You’re not.” He poked my nose with a smile.

 

 

“Oh god, why did you have to see me slip and land on my face?” I muttered bitterly.

 

 

Kris let out a hearty laugh and ruffled my hair.

 

 

“You’re really funny.” He commented. I blushed at his compliment as I fiddled shyly with the stitches of my uniform.

 

 

“Let’s go. You’re going to catch a cold.” Kris picked up his umbrella again and walked by my side to the bus stop. As soon as we reached it, the rain started to pour heavier. Everything turned a blur of light gray.

 

We waited on the bus stop which sheltered no one else but him and I. And I had to admit it was awkward. Me—him under the rain…with no one else. Typical scene for a kiss scene on dramas. But not in real life. No. Sadly, Unfortunately no.

 

 

“So…I heard you’re grounded.” Kris decided to break the ice and started a conversation.

 

 

“Yes.” I replied with a heavy sigh.

 

 

“Tao was so worried. It was funny how he fussed over why you’re not answering your phone until he was informed that you are grounded.”

 

 

I smiled at the image of Tao worrying. AHEUHEU. He’s worrying about me >////< That’s so cute…and caring. And sweet.

 

 

“Well, I won’t be able of technology contact until next week. All my gadgets are under my mom’s supervision.” I can’t help but frown at the image of my laptop and iphone locked away inside the drawer under my parent’s bed—cold and uncared for. My babies TAT

 

 

“Do you want me to lend you one of mine? Or I can buy you a new one if you like.” Kris offered casually that I gaped stupidly again at him.

 

 

“You’re not serious are you? ‘Cause if you are I’ll start thinking that you might need some proper medical attention—mentally.”

 

 

“Of course I’m serious! You can make me do whatever you want remember? That’s why I am here. I came by to see you ‘cause it has been a week since we returned and I think it’s unfair for you not to order me around when I gave you my word.” He said with a shrug.

 

 

“Oh, don’t worry. I won’t go to the extent of asking you to buy me a new one. That’s too much to ask.” I patted his shoulder awkwardly since he’s at least one and a half feet higher than me even when we’re sitting.

 

 

“Then at least have this. It will help keep you in contact. Just send me orders through this. And probably talk to Tao too—before the poor guy loses his sanity.” Kris handed me a samsung s4 that looked insanely brand new. Even the home screen was at factory setting.

 

 

“Don’t worry. I didn’t buy it. It’s from one of the fans. I didn’t need it. So…I thought it might be useful for you since you’re grounded.”

 

 

“Wow. Uhm…thank you.” I bowed at him and he gave me a smile showing his pearly whites and making his eyes wrinkle in a cute way.

 

 

My breath hitched and I ogled up at him with doby eyes. I stared for so long that I think I made Kris a little uncomfortable. He coughed embarrassingly and rubbed the back of his neck. “Just don’t get caught by your parents. I don’t want you getting out of contact again.”

 

 

“I-I won’t” I replied in a small voice as I finally tore my eyes away from him and blushed fervently.

 

 

My bus finally arrived.

 

 

“Thank you Kris oppa. I’ll take care of this.” I bowed at him and held the handphone with both of my hands.

 

 

Kris was shaking out of his jacket. He signaled for the bus driver to wait. To my utter surprise, he placed it around my shoulders and patted my head.

 

 

“Don’t catch a cold.” He said and flashed me that heart-melting smile again. GREAT. I might go home with an empty chest. Who knows—it might jump out any moment now.

 

 

“T-thank you. I haven’t even returned your umbrella yet.” I shyly smiled at him.

 

 

“It’s okay. You can have them. I don’t really mind. Now, go. Before the bus leaves you.”

 

 

“Right. Bye Kris oppa. Thank you!” I gave him a quick bow and got on my bus. I picked a seat beside the window and waved goodbye at him. Kris waved goodbye back and I watched his receding figure behind the cold and damp window glass.

 

When he was out of sight I became slowly conscious of the numb pain on my cheeks. It was then I realized that I’ve been smiling like a complete idiotic hyena ever since a while ago.

 

 

I slouched dreamily on the seat and wrapped the jacket more securely around me. I tugged at its collar and brought it close to my nose.

 

 

So this is how Krisus smells…I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT. I sniffed the jacket until the scent almost rubbed off it. I only stopped when an alighting passenger looked at me funny. I must’ve looked like a dung-sniffing dog.

 

 

An unfamiliar tune ripped me out of my fantasies and it turns out that it came from the handphone that Kris lent me. I eagerly swiped the screen and tapped on the inbox.

 

 

The message came from an unregistered number.

 

 

[Received. 5:23 p.m.]

 

Hi, it’s me--Kris. Save this number as mine.

 

Sorry I haven’t registered anyone’s number on the phone yet ^^”

 

I hope you get home safe. See you soon~

 

-Galaxy slave

 

 

 


A/N:

*immediately goes down on knees and kisses your feet*

We're sorry we weren't able to update for such a long time TAT

Really busy. There has been thesis, graduation, college and stuff--basically school.

And I got sick a lot--I was sick on my birthday FML OTL

Hopefully the updates will come faster. 

I'll struggle to find a decent laptop since the one I use broke down TAT.

Thank you for all those who still support this fic. I really love thee. Honest. <3

-faye_lee