The Last Call

A Concert Of Our Lives
1 full hour has gone by. Sadia, Zhiye, Kimberley and I were planning What to wear to the concert. The last discussion theme before all of us go back home. "It'll be weird if all of us west the same brand or colour," Zhiye commented on Sadia's suggestion. Kimberley complained, "Can we like don't discuss bout this? Let's just wear our own choice of clothing!" "I agree. Besides, it's already late and all of us have to be going home. We have bought the tickets, planned the meeting place and time and we have decided to go shopping tomorrow. I'm really exhausted. Let's all go home." The four of us agreed on meeting at the cafe tomorrow at noon. We parted. Each to different direction. As I stepped a foot out the cafe, my phone vibrated, indicating that I received a message. From: Mum Hey darling. Where are you ? It's already getting late. Dad's picking you up outside the mall. Wait for him. See you at home. I rolled my eyes. It was only 7 and my Mum was already worried. It was not like the first time I come home late. I plucked in my earpiece and stood at the pick up point. Cars past, picking up passengers. I was about to doze off when a loud horning sound was blasted. I looked around and finally saw my dad, hurrying me to get into the car. I fumbled with my steps as the line of cars being dad is growing longer. ------------- I felt so exhausted and sleepy but I cannot close my eyes. It was 10 and it had been 45 minutes since the lights of the whole house went off. I tossed and turned, hoping that soon, I will be in dreamland. I sat up on my bed, knowing that it will be a long night ahead. I my bedside table and searched for my phone. I sighed. My phone was spanned with messages from the WhattsApp groups I was in. I look through the messages to pass time and the last thing I remembered was reading a message from Zhiye...