The Search

A Concert Of Our Lives
I scanned the area. No sign of a girl wearing a sequin top with skirt and tights nor a familiar face. I looked at my phone and I grumbled. She was 10 minutes late already. Where is she? "Eliza!" Kimberley panted, running towards my direction. I raised an eyebrow once she reached me. She explained I'm short breaths, "Bus. Is. Late. I'm. So. Sorry." I shrugged my shoulder, accepting the excuse. Then, I dragged her to the escalator. She was back to normal soon enough. Normal means not panting like a marathoner just finished a cross country. "Where are we going?" She asked, looking around to find a clue. "I'm not sure yet," I replied avoiding her eyes. "Then why you dragged me all the way here for?" "To find a job," I muttered. I walked past some fashion shops. "What?! Why do you need a job? Your parents practically can give you anything!" Kimberley screamed in surprise. People around us were looking at her like she was a rowdy 4-year-old. "Please don't embarrass yourself. And they don't give me everything. I mean which parents does that?" "Parents who pamper and spoil their kids. Duh!" I stopped in my tracks. My favourite accessories shop needs assistance. Not only 1 position but 2. "Perfect!" I dreamily whispered. "Puh-lease! Don't tell me!" I gave her my puppy dog eyes. "You do know I will never buy that." "I'll treat you bubble tea..." I innocently said. She wickedly smile. "Whenever I want?" "Three times only." "Kay! Let's go!" ------------ "How do I look?" I asked. "Just like a salesgirl. Come on! Let's go! Why do you care so much about How you look?" "What if a really cute guy walks in the shop and I look sloppy?" "A guy walking into Aries?" "To buy something for his girlfriend." I continued. "If that happens, what's your point? He has a girlfriend already." I raised an eyebrow through the mirror. She said, "Oh... You mean him? He don't even come to the mall often. Except he is going to buy food or going to play in the arcade or go the movies. But the most he won't enter Aries unless it's VD or your birthday or your anniversary." I rolled my eyes, "It's just a possibility ok." Kimberley shook her head and gather her bag. She dragged me out of the washroom.