If tomorrow never comes

Lost in love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

AUTHOR'S POV:

 

 

 

 

"Taeyeon, say aaah."

"Aaaaa..."

 

 

 

Tiffany showed her eye-smile to the petite girl on the bed. She took another spoon of food from the plate on her hand and continued feeding Taeyeon.

 

"Actually you don't need to feed me. My left hand is already okay now." Taeyeon said, moving her left arm to all direction.

"I want to. Hehehe." Tiffany grinned. "Is the food good, TaeTae?"

"Mmm, hospital foods are always bland. Tasteless." Taeyeon pouted. "Maybe you could bring some tasty foods the next time you come here. Hehehe."

"What do you want?"

"Sausage."

"Grilled sausage?"

"I'd love iiiiiit." Taeyeon grinned like a little kid.

"Okay, hehe."

 

 

 

 

They are alone in Taeyeon's hospital room right now. Taeyeon's parents are taking rest on the apartment as usual and will come at night. Tiffany's mom is working. Their other friends hasn't come yet. Actually it's Tiffany who come too early. Right after the bell rang, she ran out from the school and arrived at the hospital in 5 minutes. She reached Taeyeon's room and found Taeyeon alone in there, sitting on her bed, reading a comic book.

 

 

"I'll bring your other comic book if you want. So you won't feel lonely." Tiffany said.

"Thank you, honey." Taeyeon smiled.

"Also so you won't flirt with nurses."

Taeyeon raised her eyebrows. "Flirt?"

"I saw you staring at the nurse's yesterday." Tiffany said with a calmness that could be considered as 'warning' for Taeyeon. "And she winked at you."

"She bent down in front of me, what can I do..." Taeyeon mumbled.

"Of course there's nothing you can do if a nurse offered her to you, you won't able to do something like.. I don't know, turning your gaze to another place, maybe? I don't blame you, she has a very nice , doesn't she? I don't blame you. Really."

"I'm sorry."

"I'm just kidding. Why so serious? Ahahaha." Tiffany laughed. She lifted a spoonful of food towards Taeyeon again. "Say 'aaah'."

Taeyeon took the food and chewed in silence. "...Ppany, I didn't mean to stare at the nurse's ."

"It's okay, Tae."

"I'm serious. I didn't imagine something dirty. I just compared her and yours. I prefer yours."

Tiffany chuckled at Taeyeon's effort to fix a condition that doesn't need to be fixed actually. "Forget it, TaeTae, really. 'Aaah' again."

 

 

After she finished her food, Tiffany helped her lied down again on the bed because Taeyeon's back is not fully recovered yet, and covered her with blanket. She sat beside the bed and smilingly Taeyeon's hair continuously.

"Sleep well, TaeTae."

"I'm not sleepy." Taeyeon pouted. "I want to talk to you."

"What do you want to talk about?"

"Anything."

"Hmmm." Tiffany smiled. "How about our future?"

"Good idea."

"Okay, then... Omo!"

 

 

Tiffany yelped when Taeyeon suddenly pulled her closer and she fell on Taeyeon's chest, their face is so close. Taeyeon stared deeply into the other girl's eyes. Their warm breaths met on the small gap between their mouth.

 

"When I said talk, I meant talk non-verbally." Taeyeon whispered.

 

 

She brushed Tiffany's hair, her hand ran through the younger girl's hair to the back of her head, and pushed it down softly. Their lips met. Taeyeon closed her eyes and nibbled the moist lips in her lips. The petite girl's hand moved down to Tiffany's neck, then to her back. Tiffany reached Taeyeon's other hand on the bed and intertwined their fingers together, while her other hand grabbed the older's shoulder. After some times, finally they parted their lips, panted a little, stared at each other. Taeyeon smiled warmly.

 

"Do you understand what I just said?" She asked.

"Uhm." Tiffany smiled as well and nodded. Her cheek reddened. "You said it very clearly."

 

 

Tiffany drowned her face on Taeyeon's chest. The older girl wrapped her hand around her fiancee's head, gently pushed it down a little bit like she wanted her to become one with her, with her heart. To cover her heart.

 

"I wish time stops right now."

 

Time didn't stop. But it felt like stops. They stayed like that for a long time, before finally the door opened and a nurse came in, informed that it's time for another therapy for Taeyeon. Tiffany helped her got up and sat on the wheel-chair. They went to the therapy room. Taeyeon had to do some walk exercise there because she has some problems with her feet, but she could walk again if she keep practicing. Tiffany sat on a small chair there and watched Taeyeon walk with some helps from the nurse. Everytime their eyes met, the younger girl showed her eye-smile and make a 'hwaiting' gesture with her hands. When the therapy ends, the nurse wanted to take her back to her room but Taeyeon said she wants to stay there for awhile. So after the nurse left, Taeyeon approached Tiffany with her wheel-chair. Tiffany smiled at her and wiped sweats on Taeyeon's forehead with a handkerchief.

 

"You did well, TaeTae."

"Thank you, hehe." Taeyeon grinned.

 

The petite girl touched Tiffany's hands and stared at her with a smile on her face, a little bit sad one.

 

"At first I thought I won't be able to walk again. I even felt so much pain the first time I got up from the bed. But now it's getting better." Taeyeon said. "I only think of you whenever I do this therapy. It gave me so much power to continue even though it pained so much."

"I'll always be here to support you." Tiffany the other girl's cheek.

The older girl got up from her wheel-chair and walked away carefully. "I want to practice more."

"I'll help you."

 

Tiffany walked slowly beside Taeyeon, never move her gaze from the petite girl, watched her carefully.

 

"Is it hurt?" Tiffany asked.

"A little." Taeyeon heaved. She obviously hold her breath to bear the pain.

"Don't force yourself."

"I can do this. Look, it's getting better. Hehe." Taeyeon moved her leg way too fast because she is excited and stumbled, fortunately Tiffany manage to wrap her arms around Taeyeon's small body before she falls.

"TaeTae, be careful, please."

"S-Sorry..."

 

 

Just then the therapy room's door opened and Hyoyeon appeared. She grinned at the two girls inside.

 

"Hey byuntae. I see what you're doing there." Hyoyeon said.

"What?? I'm not doing anything." Taeyeon protested.

"Okay, okay. We heard you're in here so we come. Have you finished?" Hyoyeon asked.

"Yup. Let's go to my room."

 

 

 

They went out from the room and met Sooyoung, Yuri, and Jessica outside. All of them went to Taeyeon's room and talked there. Sooyoung brought all of the lesson books they used on the class during Taeyeon's absence, and Tiffany would be very happy to teach her (and all of them, because they didn't understand the lesson as well (actually that's Sooyoung's real reason)). Taeyeon only listen to Tiffany because she wanted to stare at Tiffany for a long time without being attacked by Sooyoung or Hyoyeon, but she didn't understand what Tiffany said.

 

"Do you all understand?" Tiffany asked.

"I do."

"I do, I do, I do do do do~"

"I do, I think."

"Uhm... I do."

"I don't." Taeyeon said firmly. "Explain again, please."

"You don't listen to me." Tiffany frowned.

"I was busy staring at your beauty face."

"Ugh!" Sooyoung and Hyoyeon responded as expected.

"I'll explain to you later. Do you guys hungry?" Tiffany asked.

"Do you need an answer from me?" Sooyoung asked back.

"Fine. I'll buy some foods for us at the canteen." Tiffany chuckled then got up from her chair.

"I'll accompany you." Hyoyeon said.

"Me too." Sooyoung said.

"You always buy wrong food for me so I'll go with you too." Yuri got up as well.

Seeing everyone is leaving, Jessica immediately got up. "M-Me too!"

"Yah, why is everyone leaving me?" Taeyeon pouted, couldn't move from her bed. "Sica, you're not a picky eater, right? Stay here with me."

"B-But..."

"Yeah, you better accompany Taeng here." Yuri said then hastily took the other 3 girls out from the room.

 

 

Jessica sat back on her chair and muted, didn't know what to say. Her heart beats faster as she's being left alone with Taeyeon in the room. Taeyeon noticed that, so she chuckled.

"Why do you look so nervous? I won't eat you."

"A-Ah, I'm not. Ahahaha." Jessica smiled unconvincingly.

"Aaah, I miss you so much, Sica." Taeyeon grinned. "We haven't talked yet since I woke up. How are you? Ppany said you're dating Yuri now?? Is it true?"

"Wha- I'm not!" Jessica exclaimed.

"But she still pursue you, doesn't she?"

"M-Maybe." Jessica looked down. "I don't know. I just take her as a friend..."

"Soon." Taeyeon grinned.

"I don't know yet..." The younger girl gazed up to Taeyeon's face, then she stared at the lips, reminding her of something happened on the last time she's alone with Taeyeon here.

Taeyeon tilted her head. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

"N-Nothing..."

"By the way, Sica, is Ppany okay? She looks weird. Sometimes I see her grits her teeth like she's in pain. But she never tell me the truth. Maybe you know?"

"Huh? I-I don't know. What did she tell you?" Jessica lied.

"She said she has toothache recently, but... I think she lied."

"I don't know..." Jessica mumbled. "Maybe she didn't lie."

"Hmm."

 

 

 

Tiffany and the others came back from the canteen and they ate together secretly because there's one senior nurse who is really strict about hospital rules, and she will kick them all out if they got caught eat in patient's room, more over share the food with the patient. When the night came, Sooyoung and the other 3 girls bid goodbye, then Taeyeon's parents came. Taeyeon showed off her therapy result to her parents; she's able to walk now, although she still needs someone to walk beside her to keep her balance. After Tiffany went home, Taeyeon asked her parents the same question with the one she asked to Jessica.

 

"Fany? Well, she's..." The mom glanced at the dad. "...tired, maybe. She didn't get good sleeps recently, and maybe that's why."

"Yeah, don't worry, Tae. You should get well really soon so Fany could get a good sleep again. She worried about you."

"You're right."

 

 

Taeyeon nodded, but she's still not sure. She knew something happened to Tiffany before she woke up from coma.

 

 

 

And on the next day, she got the answer.

 

 

 

As usual, Tiffany is the first to come, and maybe the only one who come, because she said the others are having another schedule, while Yuri and Jessica are going on a date somewhere.

 

"So finally Sica accept Yuri?" Taeyeon chuckled.

"Not yet. Almost. I'm kinda impatient seeing Yuri's slow moves. Hehe." Tiffany said while pouring water from a bottle to a glass for her fiancee. She's standing across the bed, her back is facing Taeyeon. "She already knew how to take Jessie's heart but she still all the time."

"Maybe Jessica's still not sure about her feeling." Taeyeon got up from her bed slowly, felt a little pain on her back but ignore it, and walked quietly to Tiffany's place.

"Yuri is a good girl. I don't know, but she almost never tease me."

"You've been a scary leader, maybe? Kekeke."

"I wasn't... Oh." Tiffany startled to see Taeyeon is already behind her, smiling.

The petite girl wrapped her arms around Tiffany's waist and pulled her closer. "Hehe, I can walk alone now." Taeyeon said.

"But you may not walk too often. Your backbone is not fully recovered yet." Tiffany the older girl's back softly.

"Ppany..."

"Yes?"

"I..." Taeyeon paused for awhile. Then she stared into the other girl's eyes and smiled. "Can I kiss you?"

"Tae..."

 

 

Taeyeon leaned closer until her nose touched Tiffany's. Taeyeon rubbed their nose together and they both chuckled. The older's lifted her hand and she brushed away a strand of hair on Tiffany's face to see her eyes clearer. They both could feel the heat and the heart beat that's getting faster. They felt like time is stopping, giving them chance to stare at each other longer, to be by each other's side longer, and to be alone longer, just the two of them. They really enjoyed this time, where nobody will disturb and it's like nothing could separate them anymore, they felt complete.

 

"Thank you for getting well, TaeTae." Tiffany whispered.

 

She touched Taeyeon's cheek and captured the lips softly. They both closed their eyes. Taeyeon let her body lean on Tiffany's embrace, and Tiffany pulled her face closer to deepen the kiss. Taeyeon and Tiffany could feel the butterflies in their stomach, but there's one more thing Tiffany felt. A weird feeling, but a familiar one.

 

 

 

No.

 

 

 

Taeyeon rubbed Tiffany's back a little bit roughly, causing the latter's shirt to be pulled up a bit. The older slipped in her hand to the younger's back and her skin softly, while still nibbling on her lips.

 

 

 

 

No way. Please, not now. Please.

 

 

 

 

Tiffany squeezed her eyelids. She could feel her sweat is rolling down her forehead and her palms felt cold. She can't breathe.

 

"I'll lock the door." Taeyeon whispered between the kiss.

"T-Tae... I'm..."

 

Taeyeon pulled away. Her face is red like a tomato. She went to the door and locked it, then went back to Tiffany's place and pulled her to the bed.

 

"Tae... Someone might come..."

"Let's make it quick." Taeyeon grinned.

"But..."

 

 

Tiffany lost her breath for a second. It's like someone is pushing her chest down hardly. Her left shoulder and left chest were in pain. Taeyeon kissed her cheek, then moved down to her neck. She is busy with the neck that she didn't notice Tiffany's pain expression. Tiffany glanced at her bag on the couch across the bed. Her medicine is in the bag. Taeyeon must not know about this. But if she doesn't take it now...

 

"Ppany, lie down..."

 

Taeyeon pushed her down slowly, but that makes Tiffany dizzy. She saw everything is spinning around her and she can't take it anymore. The eye-smile girl slipped out from Taeyeon's arms and ran to her bag. She almost stumbled on her way. With a shaking hands, Tiffany opened her bag and took out her medicine, ignoring Taeyeon's call. The pain is attacking her chest right when she swallowed the small pill and she fell to the couch.

 

"Ppany!" Taeyeon walked as fast as she could to the couch and hold the latter's body. "W-What's wrong?? What is..."

 

Taeyeon picked up the medicine's bottle that fell to the floor. She read the medicine's name on it.

 

"For heart... What is this? Ppany, why did you take this?"

Tiffany muted, she just leaned weakly in Taeyeon's arm, didn't able to answer. Her heart beat became normal again, but her hands are still cold.

"Ppany? Are you okay?" Taeyeon wiped Tiffany's sweat on the forehead and hugged her tighter. "What do you feel? Ppany??"

"...I'm okay, Tae."

"What happened?? Why did you... What is this medicine..." Taeyeon furrowed her eyebrows to the bottle.

Tiffany pulled away from the hug and took a deep breath. She looked at the medicine bottle. "That's my medicine. I take it everyday, but I can take it anytime if I get an attack, like what was just happened."

"Your medicine?? What attack??"

"Taeyeon..." Tiffany hold Taeyeon's hand. "I'm... I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier."

"That you have an ill?" Taeyeon asked anxiously. "What is it?"

"It's... Heart disease." Tiffany said, tried to sound strong. "Like my dad. B-But the doctor said I'll get better with the medicine."

 

 

Taeyeon muted. She didn't know what to say. She's too shocked. She just leaned her back to the couch and stared at the floor blankly.

 

 

"I'm sorry, Tae..."

"Who else know about this?"

Tiffany bit her lips. "E-Everyone."

"So it's only me who know nothing." Taeyeon heaved. "This is not a small problem."

"I'm sorry..."

Taeyeon turned her head to the girl next to her. "Who is your doctor?"

"Doctor Lee."

 

Taeyeon got up from the couch and walked to the door, unlocked it.

 

"W-Where are you going?"

"I want to talk to your doctor."

"Taeyeon..."

"Don't worry, Ppany. I just want to ask about your condition." Taeyeon smiled to her before left the room immediately.

 

 

Tiffany drowned her face on her arms. Taeyeon is upset, she knew it. Of course she will be. She is her fiancee, but Tiffany kept keeping it as a secret, even Taeyeon has to know it through a way like this.

 

Taeyeon came back half an hour later, found Tiffany still on the couch. She sat beside the younger girl and pulled her into a hug.

 

"I'm sorry, Ppany."

"Why are you sorry?"

"I didn't notice it."

Tiffany pulled away and looked into the other girl's eyes, hold in her tears. "It's my fault. Don't be sorry, please."

Taeyeon just smiled. A sad smile. "You'll be alright, Ppany. Don't worry. You'll be healed, as long as you take the medicine everyday."

Tiffany muted.

"The doctor said you may not stressed out about anything, or it will get worse. And you should do some exercise." Taeyeon said. "Do you want to do sport together later? I need to move my body too. How about walk around the hospital garden? They said the garden has many butterflies."

 

 

Tiffany gritted her teeth. But she just nodded and flashed a smile to the older girl. Then a nurse came in, told them that it's time to daily therapy for Taeyeon. Tiffany accompanied her as usual, but this time she didn't do the cheerleading move she always do before. She just sat there, smiling to Taeyeon when their eyes met, then continued frowning. After the therapy, they went back to Taeyeon's room and Tiffany helped the latter climbed up to her bed.

 

"I can do this." Taeyeon said.

"I want to help."

"But I'm okay now." The older girl then smirked. "You just want to touch my , don't you?"

"Aissh, I'm not like you, y." Tiffany pinched her cheek slightly before took a sit beside the bed. "When will you leave the hospital?"

"The doctor said I can go home next week, but I should continue the therapy at home. They ignore the fact that I'm able to walk already." Taeyeon pouted.

"You should listen to the doctor." Tiffany smiled.

"Uhm." Taeyeon stared at Tiffany's face. "Ppany, is something wrong?"

"Hm? No. Why?"

"You didn't smile sincerely." Taeyeon said.

"Rea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter