Two

Falling Stars

“You boys stay here.” Nicole walked down the stairs in her uniform, “I'm getting the other two.”

 

“Noona...” They all stood in front of the door to block her way, “don't go.”

 

“Move...” She stood up nice and straight, “I said move!” Nicole raised her voice with widen eyes.

 

“Noona...” Daehyun could feel his sister's pain, “They're innocent...you must get them back home safely.”

 

“It's Doojoon..I can't guarantee anything at this point.” Nicole lowered her head as she pushed the boys aside and walked out.

 

Yongguk and Himchan both sat silently not talking to one another. The only light that was shown was the light from the small window from their cell. Himchan lifted his head to look at Yongguk who had his eyes closed with his head leaning against the wall.

 

“I'm sorry.” Himchan finally broke the silence.

 

“It's not your fault...” Yongguk slowly opened his eyes and stared at the small window, “Himchan-ah, the tired moon up in the night sky, somewhere and somehow looks like it's in hardship.”

 

“Hyung...”

 

“Everyone is struggling and falling apart...yet I blame everything on you...”

 

“It was my fault, I started the fire and caused everyone to lose everything.” Himchan counter back quickly, “because I knew that Daehyun would offer for us to stay with him and I thought I'll finally be closer to the one person that I wished to be with...Jung Nicole...”

 

“Losing everything?” Yongguk sigh lightly, “Losing everything means losing all of you guys...I didn't lose everything...” He gave Himchan a reassuring smile, “I don't blame you...love makes you do stupid stuff...like me.”

 

“Hyung...”

 

“Himchan-ah...I think I've fallen for Nicole...” Yongguk closed his eyes, “before I left she said she'll come and get us out...”

 

“Hyung.” Himchan was speechless to hear Yongguk talk about his feelings so lightly.

 

“I think to myself, did I ever love Jieun? I understand why you fallen for her...I finally understood why you were so crazy about this girl name Jung Nicole.”

 

“What do I do now?” Himchan thought to himself, “I never knew hyung felt this way about Nicole.”

 

“Himchan-ah,I'm sorry.”

 

“Aniya...” Himchan quickly shook his head, “you can't help who you fall for.”

 

“I'm not going to steal her away from you.”

 

Nicole walked through the station doors furious as all the officers and agents turned their heads surprised. Nicole walked towards Doojoon's office without acknowledging anyone else. She slam the door behind her shut. He slowly lifted his eyes up to look at her.

 

“I was wondering who would be making this much racket but I realized it hasn't been this loud since Ms. Jung left.” He closed the files he was staring at and gave his full attention to her, “You came for those gangsters?”

 

“They haven't caused any trouble.” Nicole gritted her teethes, “You have no right to arrest them or hold them for the night!”

 

“Here.” He threw the folder he was looking at a while back at her feet as Nicole grabbed for it.

 

“An anonymous fellow sent this in.” Nicole's eyes widen as her heart began to beat faster, “Your parent's killers are caught and you aren't happy?” He gave her a smirk, “I thought I would cut you a little slack since you've been going through so much but then I remember Jung Nicole has not been coming to work and for what other reason? Hiding the murders that killed her own parents...”

 

“They're innocent until proven guilty!” She threw the folder in front of his desk as she slammed her hands hard onto his desk, “Don't you dare try to fool me, I'll get those killers myself with my own hands...don't go framing others just because you're unable to get your work done. This isn't your case it's mine.” Nicole began walking away.

 

“It's mine since no one was here to claim it.” He smiled.

 

“Well,” Nicole turned back around, “I guess you'll be dropping this case to me.” She grinned, “Thank you for the warm welcoming.” With that she left.

 

Jieun pulled out her phone and began to dial Yongguk's number. She waited.

 

“Yongguk-ah, this is the tenth time calling you...you're not picking up so I guess I'll finally break it to you. Maybe it's best that we stop seeing each other. I'm sorry.” With that she hung up.

 

“Are you two okay?” Nicole quickly ran towards Yongguk's and Himchan's cell, “They didn't harm you two right?” She was so concerned she didn't realized she was on her knees.

 

“We're both okay.” Yongguk spoke first, “Don't worry about us.”

 

“We're both really okay.” Himchan smiled, “Sorry to have caused you so much trouble.”

 

“Aniya,” Nicole smiled lightly, “I'll get the two of you out...you two have been framed.”

 

“It's Lee...” Yongguk's eyes widen, “It must've been him!”

 

“Shhh,” Nicole stared deeply into his eyes, “we'll talk about this at home.”

 

“Home?” The two guys questioned.

 

“They have no right to hold you two in.” She smiled.

 

The guard that escorted Nicole unlocked their cell as the two guys walked out and followed Nicole out. As the enter the main room she looked around at everyone with sharp eyes.

 

“I'm gone for two months and you guys are falling apart?” Nicole questioned, “You guys must've been working very hard to help keep those who are innocent, innocent huh?”

 

“We are very sorry!!” They all lowered their head, “Officer Jung!!”

 

“This place needs to straighten itself out by tomorrow.” With that Nicole and the boys left.

 

“You're the head?” All the boys surrounded Nicole in the living room.

 

“What? A girl can't be a boss?” Nicole glared at them, she looked at Yongguk who walked upstairs with his phone pressed against his right ear.

 

After everyone settled down and went to sleep Nicole walked out of her room to go downstairs until she notice Yongguk's bedroom light was still on. She slowly walked towards it and suddenly his bedroom door swung open. The two stared at each other with big eyes surprised.

 

“You're” both of them stated at the same time, “Shhhh” they both whispered then realized they were a mirror of each other and let out a silent giggle.

 

“Why are you still up?” Nicole asked him.

 

“I was going to go out for some fresh air...”

 

“Ohh,” She slowly shook her head.

 

“Would you...ughh...like to join me?” He asked her.

 

“Sure.” She smiled.

 

The two sat outside the sidewalk staring up at the sky. Yongguk who was sitting a few inches away from Nicole notice how beautiful she looked.

 

“Ahh, thank you again for today...”

 

“It's fine,” she let out a soft sigh, “it felt as though it was just a dream...”

 

“You're so different when you're angry.” He laughed.

 

“Who wouldn't be when their family is in danger?” She then suddenly remember what Jieun had asked her before.

 

==========F L A S H B A C K==========

 

“Can you please pretend that the baby is yours and Yongguk's?” She pleaded.

 

“I-I can't do that...” Nicole stared at her shocked.

 

“It's Yongguk's...” Jieun felt the tears falling down, “but I realized I'm happier with Lee Donghae.”

 

“Lee Donghae?” Nicole was so lost now, “Lee...” her thoughts quickly came together, “Lee? The guy that's been after Yongguk?” Nicole felt anger rising in her, “You went behind Yongguk's back? You went back to the guy that you left? How could you?”

 

“Nicole...please...please...Donghae would kill me if he knows about this baby but I don't want to kill this innocent life, how could a mother abort their own child?” She asked.

 

“How could a mother give away their child like something so unworthy of keeping?” Nicole questioned, “Isn't cruel enough that you cheated behind his back? Now you want him to take care of your child and not have him know that it was your guys child?” Nicole questioned.

 

“Please...”

 

==========E N D F L A S H B A C K==========

 

 

“Yongguk...” Nicole stared deeply into his eyes, “do you believe that the stars will fall down one day?”

 

“Aniya...they're so happy up there even though they same to be struggling...they're so up high and like gold...why would they want to fall down to earth?”

 

“Is there a star that you envy? That you wish would belong to you?”

 

“Yes...”

 

“It's Jieun isn't it?”

 

“Aniya...she broke up with me today...”

 

“What?”

 

“The star that I want someone else is already waiting in line for...that star doesn't want me anyways.”

 

“Who's that star...”

 

“She's sitting right beside me yet I can't call her mine...”

 

“What if that star falls down just for you?” She knew she had to do this, she knew playing with his emotions wasn't something she wanted to do but for the sake of Jieun she must play with his emotions.

 

Yongguk turned to look at Nicole who was already staring at him, he slowly leaned in towards her and pressed his lips against hers.

 

“I'm so sorry Yongguk,” Nicole closed her eyes, “what I'm about to do is only because I'm trying to save two lives.” She told herself in her head, “How this star is falling down...”