Can You,

Falling Stars

"Noona..." Daehyun stared at Nicole who stood still, "Lets go home now. The snow is falling and everyone is gone now." He held his black umbrella over Nicole who wore all black as she stared at her parent's tombstones.

The rest of the boys stood in the background with Jieun beside Yongguk. They watched as the two siblings stood with their backs towards them. Himchan clenched his fist tightly underneath the sleeve of his suit. He wanted to comfort her so much but stood still. Jieun buried her face into Yongguk's chest as he placed his right hand onto her head.

"Noona.." Zelo whispered, "Noona!" He called out as Nicole turned around to see the boys and Jieun. She gave them a respectful bow before bowing one last time towards her parents.

"Thank you guys for coming and spending this day with Daehyun and I." Nicole told them when she approached the group.

"Aniya, no need for that. That's what families are for right?" Youngjae smiled.

"It's good to know that Daehyun have friends who sees him as family." Nicole replied.

"Noona," Jongup looked at Nicole with sorrow eyes, "don't hurt.  Okay?"

"I won't." She smiled.

"Noona..." Zelo stood in front of Nicole now as he grabbed for her hands, "are you okay?"

Nicole smiled as she pulled her hands away from his, "You all must be tired. You guys should probably head home. Thank you guys once again for coming."

"Really. Thank you guys." Daehyun smiled at them, "Nicole and I are heading off first." With that everyone left.

Nicole notice Himchan who started walking off first.  She for some odd reason had the tendency to go after him but lowered her head and walk off the opposite direction as Daehyun.  When Himchan reached the car he sat in the drivers seat leaning his head back.

"What's wrong with you?" He quickly opened his eyes, as the rest of the members got into the van with Yongguk at the passenger seat, who had asked him the questioned.

"Nothing, the snow is giving me a headache." He sat up straight and started the engine.

"But I thought you loved the snow?" Jieun asked sitting in the back with the other three boys.

"Just because I love it, doesn't mean it'll love me back." He was referring it to Nicole yet none of them knew.

Nicole and Daehyun came back home. The house seemed extremely colder now.  They both headed towards their bedrooms without another word to each other. Both of their doors shut at the same time, still in her black hanbok Nicole held back the tears. Daehyun on the other hand broke down silently in tears.  He fell to his knees as he covered his mouth from making any noise that would be audible to Nicole's ears.  His heartbeat began to race at the thought of reality laughing at his face. The parents he often disobeyed so much has finally left him alone with his older sister. What was he to do?  He was the only man in the house now.  His sister who often protected him is the one he must protect from now on but, how? He thought and his mind became overwhelmed. Without noticing Nicole had enter his room. He was surprise to find her arms wrapped around him pulling him close to her body.

"Ya," she whispered, "Babo, why are you crying?" Nicole brushed his hair backwards something she often did when they were younger to stop him from crying, "noona's here still right?"

"Nicole..." His cry became audible filling the silent room with noise now, "I'm so sorry! I should've been home!" He grabbed his sister tighter now.

"I can say the same thing." Nicole felt her cold tears dripping down now, "Hold yourself together from today on. I won't let anyone hurt you or our family anymore."

"Noona..."

"I'm done hiding...I'll kill them with my own hands."

Nicole walked out of her room going towards Daehyun's to check on him. She opened his bedroom door and he wasn't there. His bed nicely made like the day before. No sigh that he had slept in bed at all. She walked down stairs and notice a bunch of shoes piled by the door. Nicole turned her head to the left and there she notice a bunch of backpacks and suitcases piled up. She walked in and observe the scene to see five boys, two sleeping on the coach and three on the floor. She knew who they were but was asking herself what they were doing there?  She then realized, of course they're probably going on a trip somewhere to keep Daehyun's mind off things.  She turned back around to leave for work when she bumped into Himchan who stood behind her.

"Oh.." Himchan quickly covered Nicole's mouth to stop her from screaming. His right hand over and left hand behind her head.

"Shh," he whispered as he let go.

"W-what are you guys doing here?" Nicole shocks expression made Himchan laugh silently to himself, "What's so funny?" Nicole asked a bit annoyed now.

"Are you heading to work now?" He asked tossing her question to the side.

"I asked you first." Nicole crossed her arms.

"Fine, I'm off to work then." He bowed as he bended down and slipped on his shoe, opening the door. The winter wind rush in quickly sending chills through Nicole's body that was layered up with clothing.

"How are you getting to work?" She asked slipping on her shoe and following Himchan who had already stepped outside. She shut the door and quickly walked beside him.

"Bus." He replied as he opened the gate letting Nicole walk out first before he did.

"Oh," the two began walking to the bus stop, "aren't you going with them?" She asked as the two sat down at the bench waiting for the bus now.

"Going with them?" He then thought about all the luggages, "Ahh," he scratched the back of his head, "Actually." Himchan slowly replied, "Our house got burned down yesterday. We grabbed only the things we could before everything became ashes." He felt embarrassed telling her, "Daehyun was really kind enough to give us a place to stay. We refused because we didn't know if you'll let us stay."

"It's better that you guys stay with us rather than the streets or under a bridge." Nicole's replied surprised Himchan, "It'll actually be good for Daehyun since he's so lonely." A small smile crept upon her face, "I have no problem with it." He stared at the side face of her and his heart began to race.

"Beautiful." He thought to himself.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Nicole smiled waving her hands in front of him who finally snapped out of his daydream.

"Oh...I..."

"It's okay," she let out a giggle that gave him butterflies, "where do you work at?" She asked him.

"Auto shop." He replied.

"Ahh, nice." She replied.

"You're a doctor...now right?"

"Eh, my trainer recently moved me up so I guess I am an official doctor now." She stood up, "The bus is here now." She smiled as the wind carried her lose hair up.

Yongguk opened his tired eyes and realized Himchan gone.  He sat up on the carpet floor and rubbed his tired eyes. Zelo and Jongup who slept on the sofa were still fast asleep as Youngjae and Daehyun who slept beside him were the same too. The house was filled with rich antiques and pictures. He stood up and headed for the bathroom located in the next living room after the kitchen where Daehyun showed them yesterday. He washed his face and used the one of the new toothbrushes that Daehyun had provided for them the night before. He walked out back towards their luggage and grabbed his towel and headed back to take a shower. After he finished he heard the younger boys laughing and chatting. It was still only 6:50 in the morning. He enter the living room and all eyes turned to him.

"Hyung." Zelo smiled.

"Aren't you two suppose to be getting ready for school?" His deep morning voice asked.

"Oh right...." Zelo and Jongup quickly got up and ran towards the bathroom.

"Hyung...." They could hear Zelo whining from the other room, "Hurry!!"

"What are you two going to do today?" Yongguk asked as he searched though his bag for something he couldn't find as he placed it back down with the rest of the belongings.

"Probably just go walk around." Daehyun replied, "Oh hyung, we have 1...2..." Daehyun slowly thought about the empty rooms they had in the house, "4...oh right four empty rooms. Since you guys are living here now you guys can take those rooms."

"Four empty rooms?" Both Yongguk and Youngjae's jaw dropped.

"Nee," Daehyun stood up with a smile on his face.

Zelo and Jongup had left for school as Daehyun helped the other two boys move their belongings into their new rooms.

"Well...I guess Jongup and Zelo can share the bedroom down here if that's okay with you hyung." Daehyun placed the two younger boys luggages beside the window of the downstairs bedroom.

"Yeah, this room is big enough for the two of them. It's a good thing that it has two twin beds too." Youngjae smiled, "So I'm guessing the rest of us are going to be sleeping upstairs?"

"Yup," Daehyun led the two others upstairs now, "this room is yours." He told Youngjae, "It's just across from mines." He smiled.

"I like it." Youngjae examined the room, "Is it just me or has the bed never been slept on?" He sat down on the soft queen size bed.

"No one ever visits here." Daehyun's head lowered a bit, "especially since my father was always out. Well," he walked out of the room to the one next to his, "Himchan can sleep in this one."

"Where is my room?" Yongguk's deep voice asked as Daehyun placed down Himchan's belongings.

"Over here." Daehyun walked out as Yongguk followed, "This is your room." He opened the door as Yongguk examined the room.

"This used to be my noona's music room. After she got into an argument with my father he took away her violin and flute. Leaving the only thing she didn't know how to play. The guitar and piano." Daehyun sigh, "You actually don't have a bed yet." Daehyun laughed, "I'm sorry hyung, we'll order you one."

"No need for that." Yongguk walked towards the dusty grand piano and guitar, "I'll buy the bed myself."

"Oh...You're next door to noona so if you want to play the guitar or piano make sure not to be too loud." He informed him.

"Your sisters sleeping next door?" He turned around and raised an eyebrow.

"Ne, and don't worry hyung. We'll buy you the bed." With that Daehyun left.

"What do you think you're doing?" Seohyun spotted Nicole placing a bouquet of flowers onto Yonghwa's tombstone.

"I'm sorry." Nicole turned around and bowed her head low.

"It's because of you." She walked over and slapped Nicole across the face with tears rolling down her face, "If it wasn't for you...he would still be alive today.  You should've died not him."

"I know." Nicole answered back as the pain slowly spread through out her right cheek, "I'm leaving now." She began walking away until she felt something hitting her back. She stopped her track and slowly looked over her shoulder to the grassy ground, spotting her flowers.

"He doesn't need your sympathy." Seohyun told her, but Nicole kept on walking on by.

"Hello?"

"Daehyun?" Nicole asked.

"Ah...Aniya." With his deep voice Nicole knew it was Yongguk.

"Why do you have his phone?" Nicole questioned.

"Oh, well he forgot to take it with him." He replied on the other line.

"Can you come pick me up?  I went to work thinking worked today but I don't. I'm at Spring Day Cafe. Do you know where that is at?" She asked.

"Near the cemetery?"

"Ne, my car keys are hanging in the kitchen key hanger."

"Oh, okay then." Yongguk answered.

"Please hurry." She then clicked.

"Is she drunk?" He asked as he walked downstairs to get the keys from the kitchen.

Nicole stared at her cup of hot chocolate, she then heard the pouring rain sound from outside. She shifted her eyes away and stare out the window. Winter was nice. It's cold. It snows. It cries. Yet it wasn't ashamed.  Something she wished she was able to do.  She felt her right cheek burning from the slap she had, had a couple minutes ago. She turned her head away and back down at her untouched drink. She felt someone grabbing her by the right hand, dragging her out of the shop.

"Yaaaa," Nicole pulled back, "what's wrong with you?!" She looked up and her eyes widen.

"Why haven't you been coming to work? Huh?" She stared at Doojoon with widen eyes.

"H-how did you know I was here?" Nicole asked.

"I was stalking you..."

"Really?" She tilted her head to the left.

"No, I was passing by and saw you." He let out a heavy sigh, "Now explain to me why you two another two month off work?" He demanded for an answer this time.

"There are a lot of things going on right now." She replied.

"So what? You're just going to let me take care of all these investigation alone? Take care of all these cases on my own?" He stared at the sky and realized the two had been standing in the rain for the past ten minutes now.

"Well," Nicole answered.

"Nicole!" Yongguk walked towards her, "Why are you standing in the rain?" He grabbed for her hands forgetting that she wasn't Jieun.

"Yongguk," Nicole stared at his hands as he slowly eyeball Doojoon.

"Who's this?" Doojoon asked.

"My brother's friend." She replied as she pulled her hands away from Yongguk.

"Then why did he grabbed your hands?  Or is that your boyfriend?" Doojoon asked.

"I have to go. Give me a call later." Nicole pushed Yongguk towards her car leaving Doojoon alone in the rain.

"Yah! Jung Nicole!" He yelled as her car pulled out.

"It's freezing." Nicole the heater placing her hands in front of it.

"You're soaked..." He told her without taking his eyes off the road, "why would you stand out in the rain...you're such a babo." Nicole stared at the side view of his face, "what am I going to do if you get sick? I'm not a doctor." He told her as her heart started to beat faster, "Omo..." As the came to a red light, "I'm sorry." His deep voice apologized, "I just..."

"Tend to say that to Jieun a lot." Nicole finished his sentence for him, "it's okay." She tried to laugh it off.

"Can I tell you something?" Nicole was surprised by his sudden request.

"What?"

"Himchan likes you a lot." He informed Nicole who felt her heart sinking, "If you don't mind. May you give him a chance?" The rain started to pour harder now.

Himchan finished fixing the last piece of the car as he stared out at the pouring rain. He was finally excited to be going home now. Seeing the girl of his dream. Maybe the house burning down wasn't a bad thing after all.

"He's a really nice guy. He knows how to treat a girl right. He listens. He makes them laugh. He's very understanding." Yongguk told Nicole who sat still, "Every day he'll come home from work and tell me and the younger boys how he saw the pretty girl again but didn't have the courage to talk to her.  I think if you take the time to get to know him you'll fall for him." A small smile crossed his face, "oh...it's green now." With that Yongguk and Nicole became silence throughout the car ride home.