.........

Falling Stars

"We..." The nurse had tears in her eyes, "we lost him..." Everyone stood up shocked.  The boys with their widen eyes, tears falling down. 

"We're really...really sorry." She bowed.

"What?" Yongguk's voice trembled, "He died..."

"Are you a relative of Mrs.  Han?" The Doctor confusingly asked Yongguk. 

"What?" Yongguk raised an eyebrow with tears falling down.

"This nurse is from a other patient." He informed everyone, "sorry for the misunderstanding." He bowed apologetically.

"Doctor," the nurse that belonged to Himchan finally step outside, "he's awake now."

"Araso," the doctor nod his head, "if he's well let his family see him.  I have to take care of another patient now." He bowed to everyone before leaving with the nurse who was tending for Mrs. Han.

Everyone enter Himchan's room.  They watched as he stared blankly into the white ceiling. 

"Maybe it's best if you guys go two at a time." The nurse told them. 

The younger boys took turn chatting with Himchan.  After they all finished Nicole and Yongguk both entered.  The boys had informed the two that Himchan was a bit quiet and seemed not like himself. 

"Himchan-ah.." Yongguk's deep voice called his name as he sat down beside him with Nicole standing behind, "does it hurt?  Are you feeling much better." He just nodded as he slowly turned to look at Yongguk. 

"I'm okay..." Himchan softly responded as he then turned his attention towards Nicole, "Yongguk...who's that?"

"Who's what.." He turned and stared at Nicole, "Himchan-ah...you.." Yongguk quickly turned to look at Himchan, "you don't know who this is?"

"I've never seen her before.  Is she your friend?" Himchan questioned.

"I'm...Daehyun's sister." Nicole quickly replied.  She felt her heart aching and crushed. Did he lose his memory. She thought to herself.

"I'll leave the two of you alone."  Nicole bowed before leaving the room with tears flowing down her eyes.

"Are you okay noona?"  All the boys stood up surprised to see Nicole in tears.

"I'm okay, I just have a lot on my mind.  I'll be the first to leave."  With that Nicole headed back to her office.

She sat down staring at the file that was on her desk.  She thought about Himchan who was now racing through her mind.  The killer that she now knew of from Jieun.  Everything was just happening to fast.  Then a knock came.  She closed the file and told the person to come inside.

"It's late, shouldn't you be heading home?"  Doojoon asked.

"Why did you do it?"  She had tears in her eyes, "Why did you kill my parents?"

 

----------------------------------------------------flashback----------------------------------------------------

 

"This is all I have to offer you," Jieun handed Nicole a file, "I'm just really sorry that this is happening..." she lowered her head.

"How do you know about this?"  Nicole grabbed the file as she opened it with widen eyes.

"He actually is one of the helpers for my current boyfriend..." Jieun told her, "and something bad is about to happen today...I'll leave now."

 

----------------------------------------------------end of flashback----------------------------------------------------

 

"Do you really not remember Nicole noona?"  Zelo questioned Himchan as the boys surrounded him in the room.

"Today was the first time meeting her,"  Himchan answered, "you have a really pretty sister."  He looked at Daehyun.

Yongguk stepped outside for some space and found himself face to face with Jieun for the first time since they both broken up.  He quickly turned away trying to avoid eye contact.  She hand flowers in her hands as she lightly gave him a bow and entering the room passing by him.

After everyone left home Himchan stared at the white ceiling of his hospital room.  He remember his dream of his father, not clearly but the last few words he told him.  Something felt wrong.  Something felt different. Something just didn't feel right.

"Why does my heart hurt?"  He placed his right hand on his chest and took a deep breath.

As the boys all went to sleep Yongguk sat outside on the sidewalk curb.  He was deep in his thoughts when he heard small footsteps approaching him.  He turned to where the steps were coming from and saw Nicole.  She looked worn out.  Her hat in her right hand dangling down beside her.  Her head lower than usual as if she was dead but walking because she had no other choice.  He stood up from where he was as she stopped in front of him.

"Please hug me."  He heard her soft sob asking him, "Won't you just hug me?" She slowly lifted her head and he saw her eyes were red and puffy as if she had been crying for hours.  Before he could react Nicole pulled herself into him, wrapping her hands around his waist as she buried her face in his chest and began to cry uncontrollably. 

"Shh..." Yongguk's arms slowly wrapped around her small body.  His right hand softly patting her head as the left side of his cheeks rested on the top of her head.  His grip got tighter, "shhh, I know it's been a long day...everything is going to  be okay...I'm right here."

After Nicole calmed down the two sat side by side.  For the first few hours they were in silence.  When she was ready to talk he was ready to listen.  He stared at her who looked so tired.  She was looking up at the stars.  She looked so beautiful he thought to himself.

"Falling stars..." he finally heard her talking, "they're finally falling..."  she closed her eyes.

"Falling stars?" He asked her.

"Today I found out the killer of my parents...someone I truly cared about has forgotten me and was almost forgotten from earth." She slowly opened her eyes, "Yet I let both of them walk away innocent."

"You let the killer of your parents walk away?"  Yongguk raised an eyebrow.

"What can I do?  The dead is already dead, the living should go on living...I didn't let him walk away...I could've killed him right there on the spot...instead I let him live behind bars...which I should've just killed him...letting him live I'm pleading that he is innocent...but letting him die I'm making life to easy on him."  She said, "It was Yoo Doojoon..."  this shocked Yongguk, "he had every reason to why he killed my parents but there's never a good reason to want to kill anyone."  She stated, "My father had took everything from his family of course who wouldn't be mad?"

"Nicole..." Yongguk grabbed for her hand.

"And did you know Jieun wanted me to carry your baby for the two of you?"  Nicole let everything spill out, "She thought she was expecting but it was just a mistake.  She wanted me to pretend that you got me pregnant but I couldn't I just couldn't.  So...that kiss we had it meant nothing to me."  She turned to look at him, "I'm sorry."

"But it meant everything to me..."  He assured her.

"What?  Aren't you mad?"

"No..." he stared right back at her, "I just hope you won't be mad at me for this."  Yongguk grabbed Nicole towards him as he pressed his lips against hers.

"You what?!"  Donghae slapped Jieun towards the floor, "You were the one that gave him out?!"  He yelled out of anger, "If you still love that bastard then why are you with me?!"  Jieun who was on the ground said nothing.

"Boss," one of the guys came in the room, "Jung Nicole."

"Jung Nicole?" Donghae looked at the photos presented, "She's the b**** that locked up Doojoon."

In the early morning Nicole walked out of her room and found herself in front of Himchan.

"You lost your..." she held back the word memory, "I mean, you're home already?"  He just nodded his head.

"Oh Noona!!" she then saw all the boy following behind, "Himchan hyung wanted to be at home so the nurse say he can but he just has to be well rested."  Jongup informed.

"We didn't want to wake you up since yeah..." Zelo scratched the back of his head as they all headed back inside.  She then saw Yongguk.

"You're heading to work?" He asked.

"Yeah..."  with that she left.

As Nicole began walking towards the bus stop she had a gut feeling that maybe she should've driven that day.  Before she reached the bus stop she felt a hand coming from behind her and with a napkin covering .  She felt herself falling asleep.

Yongguk realized Nicole had forgotten her hat.  He quickly ran back out running towards the bus stop that wasn't that far from their house.  When he witness everything.  He knew right away that the black van car belonged to Lee.

"Nicole!!"  He yelled he watched as her helpless self tried her best to struggle free but he knew she was already knocking out.  He ran towards them but they had already rushed into the car and left.

"You can't go alone!!"  The boys all objected to Yongguk's decision.

"Obviously I'm not going alone!"  He yelled in frustration, "If I was going alone I wouldn't had told you guys!"  With that everything was settle and they already got ready for the night to come.  They got all their equipment, "Youngjae and Daehyun you two are in charge of getting us the guns...Himchan...nevermind I want you to rest."

"No..."  Himchan objected.

"Stop being stubborn!" He yelled in frustration.

"I'm going."

Nicole slowly opened her eyes and she could feel pain crawling throughout her body.  Then she realized she was tied to a chair facing Jieun who was sitting across from her.

"Jieun-ah..." Nicole felt her voice cracking as if her lungs wouldn't let her speak.

"Nicole-ah..."  Jieun slowly opened her eyes now..."I'm so sorry I couldn't protect you guys..."

"What?" Nicole was now confused, Jieun was covered in blood, she looked pale and lifeless.

"I couldn't protect Yongguk and you guys...I only got back with Donghae too get information...because I thought that would mean I'll be able to help you all...but it ended making things worst."

Suddenly they started to hear gun shots.

"Where are they?"  Yongguk and the rest of the boys enter the room with their guns pointed at Lee and their guys.

"Incredible what you'll do for a girl..." Donghae smiled as he stood up, "I'll give you two choices..."

"I don't need any choices, I'm just here to save Nicole."  He informed.

"Then I'm guessing Jieun would be the one you leave behind?"  He smiled as the rest of the boys widen.

"Jieun noona?"  All of them whispered.

"What?"

"Oh...so I'm guessing she didn't tell you that she left you to come running back to me?"  He laughed.  Donghae pulled down the curtains and there in front of them were the two girls tied.

"Yongguk."  Both of them turned their heads too look at him.

"So are you going to save the girl that left you so that she can protect you or just the girl that is just another girl?"

"You...you did all that for me?"  He looked at Jieun who lowered her head in tears.

While everything was happening, without anyone knowing Nicole who had a device attached to the right side of her shirt to inform the police in case of an emergency she pressed the device uncontrollably.  This caused her right wrist to bleed because of the tight ropes that she tied her.

"I'll count to five..."  Donghae smiled, as two of his men walked over with guns pointed to both of the girls head, "five..." Yongguk stared at both of them.

"Hyung..."  all the boys stuttered, "Hyung..."

"four...three...two...one..."

"Jieun!!"  Yongguk yelled as he closed his eyes with tears running.  At that very moment the cops all rushed in.  Everything became in slow motion for Yongguk and Nicole as their eyes met through the chaotic crowd.  He felt so sorry and she felt so hurt.

The two girls were rushed to the hospital as the boys waited patiently.  Everyone was concerned, "They'll both be fine."  Both of the doctors walked out with smiles on their face, "Nothing big just a few scars but they'll heal.  With that everyone was happy, they took turn visiting both girls.  Nicole was the only one out of the two was still sleeping.  So they visited Jieun first.

"Can you guys leave the both of us alone for a bit?"  Yongguk asked and the boys did what they were asked to do.

"I'm sorry."  Jieun told him.

"No...I'm the one that is sorry."  He smiled.

"Doesn't it hurt?"  She slowly reached out her hands towards the right side of his face where there was a few scratches.

"No...seeing you like this hurts more."  he pulled away her hands.

"I'm guessing we can't go back to the way we were now can't we?  I guess I won't be seeing you guys after this too huh?"  Yongguk just sadly nodded his head.

Himchan walked into Nicole's room.  He sat down beside her and brushed away her side bangs.

"I didn't forget you..."  he whispered, "I lied to had forgotten you so that it'll be easier for you to not be confused between me and Yongguk..."  He finally confessed, "so be happy with him alright?"  With that he left the room.  Nicole slowly opened her eyes as tears ran down the outer corner of her eyes, she then found Yongguk walking in.

"You're awake..."  he smiled as she slowly turned her head to avoid him, "I'm really sorry."

"No," her tiny voice replied, "I'm okay."

"Nicole," he sat down beside her, "I choose to save Jieun not because I love her..."

"You don't have to explain..."  Nicole turned to look at Yongguk, "you're here now...and that's all that matters."

Three Years Later

She felt her heart pacing. Her cheeks burning red. Her hands freezing as the snow fell down.  She was standing outside his house for the first time in a long while. The moon was shield away by the grey clouds. With his bedroom light on she could see his shadow holding onto his baby boy in his arms walking back and forth. She hadn't realized but her tears had already began to fall.  She pulled out her phone dialing his number as she pressed it against her right ear. The phone on the other line ringed. She watched as his shadow pulled out his phone staring at it for awhile.

"Pick up..." Her soft voiced pleaded quietly as the misty, white fog of her breath escaped , "please."

"Sorry the person that you're trying to contact is not available, please leave a message after the tone, if not please leave a call back number. BEEP"

"Hey...it's me..." her voice trembled, "Jieun...I--I just got back from the states and...well I just wanted to congratulate you and Nicole...yeah..."  She clicked and got back into her car.  She felt the tears running down.  She knew he was happier than before.  It killed her she wasn't the reason why.

"Who was it?"  Nicole asked. Yongguk who was holding onto their son.

"It wasn't anyone important."  He smiled, as Nicole walked over looking at their son.

"All of your uncles are already asleep, why aren't you?"  Nicole smiled.

"Because appa is too handsome,"  Yongguk joked around, "he wants to watch his father."

"Aigoo,"  Nicole smiled, "it's because umma is beautiful too look at huh?"  She patted her son's head, "However, since appa thinks he's so cool he can stay up with you while umma goes to sleep.  She kissed her son.

"And..." Yongguk leaned forward.

"And goodnight."  She pressed her lips onto his before heading to bed.