Love is Leaving

Falling Stars

When the two got home Yongguk hung the keys back where it belong, while Nicole made her way towards her room.  He followed a few steps behind her now.  She opened her bedroom door when she notices Yongguk walking into the music room.  She slowly walked towards his way and stuck her head through the door.

“Ah, so you’re sleeping in the music room huh?” She examined the room she hasn’t been in for such a long time.

“Yup,” he answered as he placed both of his hands into the front side of his pockets of his pants, “I really hope you don’t mind us staying here.”

“No it’s nice.” She replied, “No one was ever going to use these rooms anyways.” A small smile crept upon her face, “I’m just sorry that you’re stuck in this room.”

“Actually, I like it,” he stared around now, “reminds me of my room.”

“You play instruments?” She questioned.

“Guitar and a little bit of the piano because of Jieun,” he confidentially smiled, “and songwriting.” He lastly added.

“I’ll like to hear one of your songs soon.” Nicole then walked away and into her room.  Yongguk could hear the bedroom door shutting and her footsteps, he realized how thin the wall between her and his rooms were.

It was late into the afternoon now.  Nicole opened her eyes and realized she had fallen asleep at her desk.  She sat up straight and stretched out her tired muscles.  She stood up and walked out.  The house was still filled with silence, she peered into Yongguk’s room but he was gone.  She realized he didn’t have a bed yet and pulled out her phone waiting as the phone on the other line ringed.  She was standing at the top of the staircase when the front door suddenly opened.

“Hello, this is Choi’s Mattresses, how may I help you?”

“Nicole saw Yongguk, Himchan and Jieun walking through the door with a queen size bed.  She quickly hung up and watched as the three of them struggled to pull the bed inside.

“Yaaaa, you have to pick it up!” Jieun shouted from outside the door, “You two are making it so complicated!!”  She complained.

“Almost got it!” Yongguk snarled, “There!” He smiled as the bed slid inside.

“Now we have to bring….” Himchan then saw Nicole coming down the stairs.

“Oh, hello.” Jieun quickly bowed as Nicole did the same.

“You bought yourself a bed already?” Nicole looked at Yongguk.

“Oh, yeah…” he scratched the back of his head.

“Well, let me help you guys.” Nicole smiled as the four of them took the bed into Yongguk’s room.

After everything settled down and with everyone home they all sat at the dinning table eating the take out food Daehyun and Youngjae had gotten.  Jieun sat next to Yongguk as Himchan and Nicole sat across from the two while the rest of the boys sat wherever.

“You’ve been acting weird all day noona.” Zelo annoyingly ate his food as he glared at Jieun suspiciously.

“What makes you think that?”  She questioned with an innocent face.

“I don’t know.  You tell me?” Zelo flicker his eyes at her.

“Junhong that’s enough.” Yongguk’s deep voice interrupted the two.

“Yongguk,” Jieun placed her right hand on top of his left hand that rested on his thighs, “I have to go no.”  With that Yongguk walked her out as everyone sat in silence.

“You came home early.” Himchan picked at his food and Nicole knew he was talking to her.

“Oh, today was my day off.” She replied, “I’m done eating now.” She took her plate and began washing it at the sink.

“Everyone’s done eating already?” Yongguk who came back from sending Jieun out saw everyone getting up and placing their dirty plates into the sink for Nicole to wash.

“Yaa, you punks!” Yongguk growled and everybody stopped what they were all doing, “Why are you guys so rude making Nicole clean after you guys?”

“Then I don’t suspect you’ll mind doing them for me right?” Nicole smiled at him.

“What?” His eyebrows raised and his mouth dropped.

“Thank you!” Nicole quickly wiped her hands and quickly headed upstairs leaving the boys.

In the early morning Nicole was already up to find Zelo sitting at the bottom of the staircase tying his shoelaces.  She walked towards him and placed her hand on top of his curly blond hair.

“Omo!” He slightly jumped, startled by her sudden appearance, “Noona you scared me!” He placed both of his hands onto his chest.

“Do I look that bad in the morning?” Nicole let out a small chuckle, “It seems as If Jongup left you first?” She looked around.

“He had to go to school early today…he had a field trip so I’m heading off alone.” Zelo lowered his head.

“I’ll take you.” Nicole grabbed his arm and led him out the doors.

“You’re driving today?” Himchan stood at the front door.

“Bye hyung.” Zelo waved before getting into the car.

Zelo folded his hands neatly in front of himself to show Nicole how polite he could be even at such a young age.  He stared at the side view of her face and felt his heart beat faster and faster.

“I don’t want to be nosey…” Nicole’s voice woke him up from his daydream, “but you don’t seem to be very fond of Jieun.”

“I…” Zelo wasn’t expecting this question from Nicole at all.

“It’s just…”

“It’s because of her that’s why they’re after Yongguk hyung.” Zelo lowered his head, “If we didn’t meet her than we wouldn’t always be running away…there wouldn’t be any drive bys…our house wouldn’t had burned down.” The younger boy kept talking, “everyone see that she’s the one who makes hyung happy but that’s not it…. he’s not happy.  He’s just with her to make her happy.”

“Zelo…”

“You’re a better fit for him, the first time I saw you I knew you and hyung would eventually fall for each other…or hopefully the two of you would even if that means I’ll never have a chance.” His sudden confession left her speechless, “Oh my school is here stop.” Nicole stopped and he got out of the car, “thank you!” He smiled and ran inside before the gates closed on him.

“Question…” Yongguk placed the guitar down beside his bed and walked out of his room.

Everyone had left him home alone once again.  His feet took him to Nicole’s room by surprise.  He opened her door and enters her room.  A nice presence lifts his soul for some odd reason.  He walked towards her desk and found a picture of her and Yonghwa.  Then he knew they had, had a relationship with one another.  He looked around the room more and spotted pictures of her parents and her.  He made his way back towards her desk and notice a sticky note pressed against her wall:

“Effort does not betray you, if it ever did, then it means you didn’t put in enough effort.”

Silly girl, he thought to himself.  Sometimes enough is never enough.  His calm heart suddenly felt guilt running through.  Why did he felt so secure when she was near?  He felt as though he was more alive and more of himself.  This side, this softhearted side he never wanted to show anyone else.  Even Jieun didn’t know he played an instrument.  It was him who knew of hers.  She didn’t even know that he tried to play the piano because of her.  Why has he suddenly become like this?  He thought.  Is love slowly leaving him?  Or is it he leaving love?

============================================================================

Thank you to the readers that has been waiting patiently for my return.  I'm sorry for the long wait but I'm here now and I hope you guys enjoy this newest update.  It's not the best but it's a step forward.  Enjoy.  I love you guys & please do comment.

-- SuperKaRaw