Sorry

Falling Stars

"Yongguk-ah," his tired eyes opened and found Jieun standing in front of him, "you're awake now." A smile appeared on her face as she set down the food she had packed for him, "You must be hungry."

"Where did Zelo go?" He asked her while fixing his posture now.

"He had some last treatments or examinations." She replied.

"Jieun-ah," he grabbed her hands, stopping her from setting the food on Zelo's food stand, "If I asked you to marry me, what would you say?"

"Yongguk-ah," she was shocked.

"Can you see a future with me?" He now looked straight into her eyes.

"I..."

"I'm back," Zelo smiled as he enter the room with Nicole beside him. Yongguk quickly let go of Jieun's hands as he stood up and bowed towards Nicole.

"He should be fine now," Nicole smiled, "after you sign the release forms he can go home today."

"Ah, thank you." Yongguk bowed respectfully towards Nicole.

"You don't have to be so polite," Nicole looked at him, "especially since you're older than me." With that she left.

"Isn't noona beautiful?" Zelo smiled as he sat down on his bed.

"You've never said that about me." Jieun pouted.

"Because hyung always says it to you. Besides..." Zelo's smile quickly disappeared, "I..."

"Zelo-ah!" Yongguk glared at him with sharp eyes.

"Fine," Zelo lied down in bed and covered himself up with his blanket.

"Ignore him." Yongguk stated.

"You two can go eat somewhere else!" Zelo whined, "I'm trying to rest like noona told me too!"

"Fine, we will!" Yongguk snarled back anger by Zelo's sudden outburst, "He doesn't deserve to eat your food anyways!" Yongguk grabbed Jieun's hand as she grabbed the bag of food. Zelo heard the doors shut, he then realized he was left alone. Finally.

"Zelo doesn't like me huh?" Jieun pulled away from Yongguk's grip.

"Jieun..." He closed his eyes frustrated.

"It's okay if he doesn't." She stated, "Here." She handed him the bag of food, "You don't mind eating alone right?" She placed the bag around his right wrist and began walking away.

"She's sweet." Yongguk turned around and found Nicole behind him, "You're one lucky guy."

"Oh, thank you." He bowed, "Are you hungry by any chance?" He asked holding the bag in front of Nicole's face.

The two sat in the hospital cafeteria as Yongguk spread out the food Jieun had brought. He handed Nicole the extra pair of chopsticks that was suppose to be for Zelo. The two began eating not making any eye contact. Yongguk then remember something. He swallowed down the last piece of food down his throat before attempting his small talks with Nicole.

"Did you hear about Jung Yonghwa? The guy that was on news today?" Yongguk's deep voice asked Nicole who suddenly stopped eating. She didn't look up and her face seemed to had gotten paler.

"I think it's best we don't discus these kind of things." She lifted her head up and gave him a smile.

"Ahh but, the weird thing is I saw him here yesterday." Yongguk leaned back in his chair, "He was heading towards the Doctor's offices."

"Everyone looks similar to one another." Nicole replied.

"True," he sat up straight now, "just like how Jieun and you kind of resemble each other."

"We don't look a like." Nicole for some reason quickly defended back.

"You guys kind of do. The two of you can probably pass as twins." He chuckle showing his gummy teeth. Nicole found that to be very cute. Especially from someone like Yongguk.

"We don't look alike." She began eating agains.

"I'm sure you care." He just stared at her with an emotionless expression, "I'm not stupid."

"Why do you care?" Nicole felt her tears about to burst but held it in.

"I know he came and talked to you yesterday. Is he one of your patients?" Yongguk asked.

"It doesn't matter if he's my patient. My boyfriend or best friend! If he's my husband if he's an acquaintance! He's already dead!!" Nicole slammed her hands hard onto the table shaking the food as she stood up furiously with the tears falling down with her knowing, "It doesn't matter anymore..." Her voice lowered as she walked away.

Nicole stared out the bus window view at the people waking by. After a long day of work she just wanted to be left alone. Yongguk and her hadn't spoken or stared at one another after the incident that morning. He signed the released form and they had left quietly. She was lost in her thoughts. That she hadn't realized she had missed her stop. Himchan who sat three seats back watched her knowing he had missed his stop to.  The bus came to its final stop and that's when Nicole realized she was A few miles away from home now. He watched as she stood up making her way out. He followed behind.

"Thank you," Nicole bowed towards the bus driver.

"Oh, miss Nicole you're still in here?" He asked her confused.

"I missed my stopped because I fell asleep." She smiled.

"I can just drive you back."

"Aniya," she shook her head, "It'll be nice to walk home."

"But it's dark now. If you walk from the small streets it'll take you an hour to get home."

"You've worked hard today. Go home and rest now." She left without another word.

"Thank you." Himchan bowed from behind and followed a few feet behind Nicole not wanting her to know he was there.

He watched the way the winter wind swayed her lose hair back and forth. It felt as though the whole world had suddenly stop. In the crowded street of Seoul it felt as though there was only him and her. Something fell onto the right side of his cheek as he realized Nicole suddenly stopped walking. He stopped. He watched as she reached her right hand out.

"The first snow fall." Nicole whispered to herself as a small snow flake fell into the palm of her hand, "It's finally beginning to feel like winter." She then felt someone standing behind her erasing her thoughts. She slowly turned around and found herself face to face with Yongguk.

Himchan who was a couple feet away notice this. He realized Yongguk holding onto a bag. Most likely Zelo's medicine but, why all the way out here? He thought. He felt himself taking a step back before he crossed the street making his way towards a cab.

"Yongguk..." Her eyes widen as she stared at him, "Why are you here?" She asked confused.

"Because Zelo's doctor prescribed a medicine that was located all the way over here." He , "I should be asking you why you're out here? Did you prescribed this medication so that you can meet with me?" He narrowed his eyebrows and leaned towards Nicole.

"I'm sorry." He was surprised that she didn't hesitate or leaned back like most girls, "I'm sorry." He heard her once again as he pulled back.

"For what?"

"For the way I acted. For making you come all the way here for Zelo's medicine."

"Ah, I was just joking about Zelo's medication. I really don't mind. As long as he's okay." He smiled, "Why are you here?"

"I fell asleep and forgotten to get off at my stop." She replied.

"I'll take you home." Yongguk offered.

"Ya, are you two going to stand like that all night?" The people passing by were getting annoyed of having those two hold up the crowded street even more.

Yongguk grabbed Nicole by her left hand intertwining their fingers without him knowing and pulling her closely to his side as they began walking. She stared at the side of his face as he looked forward. He looked down towards Nicole as she quickly turned her head away. A smile crept  upon his face.

"Don't misunderstand this." He told her, "We have to be like this because its crowded here and I don't want to lose sight of you." He stated these words which made her heart jump for some odd reason. Nicole then remember he was dating Jieun.

"Did you walk here?" Nicole asked.

"Ani, I took the bus but at this time no bus is going back to where we're from." He replied.

As they passed the crowded streets. Nicole felt his grip getting tighter. He pulled her closer to his side now. This worried Nicole. She looked at Yongguk who's face tighten. She knew something was wrong. There weren't as much people in this area now and the street lights were dimming out.

"I'm sorry that you have to walk back with me." He stated as the snow was still falling.

"I'm just glad that I have someone to walk with." She replied.

"Nicole-ah," she heard the seriousness in his voice.

"Wow, wow. Isn't it the Bang Yongguk." The two kept walking ignoring the comments, "Ya," three guys came and blocked their way, "what are you and this pretty little thing doing here at this time of day?" The guy who seemed like the leader of this small click questioned Yongguk then staring at Nicole.

"I don't have time for this." Yongguk's deep voice replied, "Move." He pushed them aside as one of the guy grabbed Nicole's right hand pulling her back.

"I suggest you let go." One of the shorter and skinnier one told Yongguk who held tighter onto Nicole, "Let her stay with us just for tonight and we won't tell Lee you were here."

"Go ahead Yongguk." He was surprised that it was Nicole herself asking him to let her go.

"Nicole," he turned around and looked at her.

"Ya! We don't have time for your stupid love story right now." The other one complained.

"Shut your mouth!" Yongguk's deep voice yelled as he yanked Nicole back into his side.

"Ah, so you want to fight instead?" The leader of the three click asked, "We just want to girl."

"Then come and get me." Yongguk turned around once again shocked by Nicole's words.

"Do you not know who they are?" Yongguk looked at Nicole whispering his words.

"Aigooo," Nicole sigh as she began stretching, "I really didn't want to do this." She smiled, "you guys want to know a little secret?" Nicole looked at the three thugs, "Ani?" She looked at them who were slowly got their hands up to fight, "that's not even the correct way to stand." She put down her bag on the snowy floor.

"Nicole," Yongguk placed his hand on her shoulders.

"Ya!" Nicole yelled, "Omo!" She pointed, "Cops!" The three thugs turned around as Nicole grabbed her bag and grabbed Yonguk's hands as the two sprinted off in a dash.

When they got out of that street their sprints slowly turned into light jogs. Nicole let go of his hands as she stopped and took a deep breath. The streets were once crowded again indicating they were away from danger zone. Yongguk turned around as he stared at her.

"That's you're fighting technique?" He laughed.

"Ani," she suddenly felt as though she never ran at all, "there was really a cop's car coming." Her face tighten, "I couldn't let my...." She stopped herself from finishing her sentence.

"Couldn't let what?" He asked.

"Nothing." She quickly replied.

"Ah," he sighed, "Well, let me take you home now. We're about 15 minutes away." He leaned in going in to grab for her hands as she pulled back.

"You have a girlfriend." Nicole reminded Yongguk.

"Ah, I'm sorry. It's just I tend to do that a lot when I'm around her. Sorry." He slowly pulled his hands back now, "And like I told you before you two kind of look a like."

"It's okay." Nicole smiled, "So are you going to really walk me home or not?" She began walking.

"This is your stop right?" Yongguk and Nicole both stood outside the front gate of her house, "This is the first time I've been here." He smiled as he placed his hands behind his head yet still holding onto the bag of medicine for Zelo.

"And how long have you known Daehyun?" Nicole raised her right eyebrows towards Yongguk.

"Four years." He replied flatly, "Well," he grabbed Nicole's right wrist and stared at her watch, "It's a little past nine..." he let go, "I should get back home now." He began walking away.

Nicole enter the house that was quiet as usual.  She stepped onto some type of liquid on the floor as she shut the door and suddenly felt someone grabbing her from behind, wrapping their left arm around her neck.  She could feel the warmth of their breath seeping onto the side of her left cheek and the remaining spilled liquid seeping into her socks.  Her body felt paralyzed.  She then notice the sweet peony perfume scent.  It was her mother.

"Shh," Mrs. Jung whispered into Nicole's ears, "don't make any sudden sound." Her mothers trembling voice scared Nicole, "Your appa...your appa is dead now...he was murdered..." Mrs. Jung slowly let go of her daughter as her body slowly crashed onto the floor.

"Umma..." Nicole turned around, the room was a bit dark as she dive down towards her mother and held her into her arms, "Umma..." Nicole began to feel around her mother hoping nothing serious had happened.  She felt something moist and warm behind her mothers back, "blood..." Nicole told herself.

"Umma, loves you..." Mrs. Jung began to huff for air.

"Who did this?" Nicole asked in panic, "Who did this!" Nicole yelled out in frustration and disbelief. 

"It doesn't matter..." Mrs. Jung used her every strength to feel Nicole's face, "Umma is just happy your right beside her as she goes."

"Umma...don't say that.  Your daughter has fulfilled your dream....I'll save you." Nicole tried to stand up as Mrs. Jung pulled Nicole back.

"Love your brother...you're now a father and mother of this household..." Mrs. Jung's hands suddenly fell to the side of her body.

"Umma..." Nicole's eyes widen, "Umma!!"

"I love you...tell Daehyun that too." Those were the last words Nicole heard from her mother.