Help,

Falling Stars

Clear blue sky with a soft touch of winters cold breeze. Sitting at the same bus stop as the same people procession on by. It doesn't feel like winter at all without the first snowfall arriving anytime soon.

Nicole closed up her black hardcover journal as the bus arrived. She grabbed her bag and slipped it over her right shoulder as her loose brown hair swayed with the direction of the wind. She tugged her scarf closer to her face to keep her from the coldness as she enter the bus, paying then taking her usual seat towards the back. Nicole set her bag at her feet now while she dug her hands into it pulling out a tissue as an invitation card came out with it. She stared at it for awhile before sliding it back into her bag and blowing her nose. She closed her eyes as the afternoon sunshine gazed upon her from the bus's windowpane. The bus had come to a stop as everyone expect Nicole seemed to get off at the same place today. She slowly opened her eyes and realized she was the only one now. It felt nice she smiled lightly to herself while she stared out the window admiring the scenery. Suddenly she felt someone tapping onto her right shoulder from behind. She quickly turned around startled.

"I'm sorry, did I scared you?"

"An...Aniya." She stuttered with wide eyes, "you were sitting behind me the whole time?" Nicole asked with her back towards the window now.

"Hmmhuh," he pressed his lips against each other as he nodded his head up and down slowly, "oh," he quickly held his right hand towards Nicole who politely shook it, "I'm Kim Himchan by the way." Himchan smiled.

"It's nice to meet you." Nicole lightly bowed her head, "I'm Jung Nicole."

"I see you here often. I've been meaning to talk to you but you're either sleeping or writing so I don't  want to bother." He scratched the back of his head shyly.

"Ah, really?" Nicole gave him an apologetic smile.

"Oh, it's my stop now." He pulled the string as the bus came to a stop, "I guess I'll be seeing you more often now right?" He stood up as he grabbed for his bag, "Bye." He got off the bus as Nicole watched him walk away suddenly the bus began to move once again.

She unlocked the front gate of their house as she entered their yard. The sun was already setting in the far distant. The coldness was starting to sweep itself in now. She turned the knob of their front door and slowly opened it.

"Yaaa," her mom quickly swung it opened which scared Nicole who fell inside landing on the wooden floors.

"Umma!" She let out an annoyed voice as she sat up pulling off her shoes then slipping on her house slippers.

"Why did you take the bus again? Huh?" Mrs. Jung questioned taking Nicole's bag while Nicole stood up.

"I like the bus." She answered as she followed her mother into the kitchen, Daehyun and appa aren't home yet?"

"Your father already left to China for his business trip an hour ago. Daehyun," she placed Nicole's bag on the table as she let out a heavy sigh, "you know how your brother is. Always out with his friends."

"You guys should talk to him." Nicole was already munching on the side dishes that her mother saved for her, "I don't want him turning out like those gangster bums." She grabbed her food and set them on the table as she began to eat.

"Yonghwa called earlier." Nicole stopped eating, "You didn't tell me you guys had broken up."

"Umma," Nicole slowly chewed her food, "this is really good." She grabbed for a random bowl and turned to her mom with her eye smile, "it's very good!" She turned back around placing it down on the table and began eating, ignoring her mothers recent words.

"He asked if you gotten his invitation." Mrs. Jung's voice was tighter than usual now, "If you did, what is this invitation for?" She questioned as she sat down across the table from Nicole who took a sip of her water.

"Umma, can we not talk about it?" Nicole felt her mood suddenly changing, "it's just an invitation. Nothing more, nothing less." Nicole put down her chopsticks as she grabbed her bag off the table and walked away from her mother.

"He's getting married isn't he?" She shouted across the room. While Nicole climbed the stairs ignoring her.

She slammed her bedroom door shut as she threw her bag down beside her bed. She leaned back towards her door then slumping down hugging knees closely to her body as she shield her head in. "He's getting married isn't he?" Her mothers words throb back and forth in her mind. What if he was. Why would she be bothered by it?  They are broken up.

"Oh, Hyung you're back." Zelo smiled as he opened the door to find Himchan, "Did you see the pretty noona that you keep talking to us about?" Zelo's eyes brightly lit up.

"Even better. I got to talk to her today." Himchan smiled as he pet the younger boys head, "Where's everyone? Not home again?" Zelo shut the door and followed Himchan towards the kitchen.

"Jongup and Yongjae hyung left somewhere with Daehyun Hyung. Yongguk hyung took Jieun noona out." Zelo sat down at the table where he was finishing up his homework.

"I see." Himchan rubbed the back of his neck, "I'm upstairs if you need anything." He grabbed his bag and headed towards the stairs, before he could make it to the first step someone was outside their door banging hard on it.

"Open up!!" He could hear someone yelling from outside, "Open this mtherfcking door!!"

"Hyung..." Zelo quickly closed his books and made his way towards Himchan who stared at the door, "What are you doing? Lets go to the back.  Where Yongguk hyung always tells us to go." Zelo whispered in panic.

"Yaaaaaa!! I know you guys are in there!!" The man shouted once more.

"Hyung..." Himchan shifted his eyes away from the door and saw how desperate Zelo was. He didn't want the boy to go through another beat down. He knew Zelo could take care of himself. It was just the fact that he was so young and going through what he had to go through Himchan totally understood where Zelo was coming from.

"It's okay Zelo-ah, Hyungs right here. Those guys won't be able to come in." Himchan sat down on the first steps of the staircase as he pulled out his gun from his bag.

"Hyung..." Zelo's eyes widen.

"It's only if they do break in. Go back and finish your homework." Himchan waved for him to leave. Zelo did as he was told as he slowly opened his book but not once taking his eyes away from where Himchan was sitting, "One..." Himchan loaded his gun now, "two..." The banging became faster and louder, "three!"

"Hyung!!" One gunshot. Bang.

Nicole quickly opened her eyes. She found herself sleeping on the ground of her bedroom floor. She must've fallen asleep she thought to herself. Her room was pitch black now since her curtains had been shut since morning. She stood up and her light switch. The darkness left quickly. Nicole stared at her clock that hung beside her closet. It was already ten o'clock. She let out a yawn as she sat down at her desk. She leaned forward moving her curtains then opening her bedroom window to let in the cold winter air. She watched the city lights in the far distant. She could still hear the sound of cars beeping at one another. Then her eyes slowly shifted up towards the cloudy sky. The moon was almost visible but the stars were long gone. She look down beside her where she had thrown her bag, Nicole reached down and pulled out her hardcover notebook setting it in front of her now.

"Where did you go?!" She could hear her mother yelling from downstairs, most likely at Daehyun, "Why are you covered in blood?!!" He must've gotten a bloody nose from starting a fight Nicole thought to herself.

"Umma!" She heard Daehyun yelling back, "Can't you just give me a break!??" She heard his loud footsteps climbing the stairs now towards her bedroom, "Noona!" She could hear him pounding at her bedroom door. Nicole slowly stood up as she opened the door for him.

"Ya, Jung Dae..." Nicole stared at her younger brother who was literally covered in blood, "Ya! Jung Daehyun! Why are you covered in blood?!"

"Noona..." For the first time she heard Daehyun's voice panicking, "you have to help my friend..." His eyes glisten as the tears ran down his face, he fell onto his knees leaving Nicole shocked, "you have to help me!!" He let out a cried as he hugged his sister's waist, "he's losing too much blood!! You're the only person that I know who is good at these kind of stuff. Noona!!!"

"Where are you guys going?!" Mrs. Jung quickly walked towards her two children who walked down the stairs. Her eyes red, "Ya, Jung Daehyun don't tell me you killed somebody. She grabbed for her son, "Nicole-ah..."

"We'll be right back umma..." Nicole reassured her mother as the two of them left without another word.

They got into the new car that Nicole never once drove since her father had gotten her. It was going to be for good use now she thought to herself. They pulled out of the driveway as Mrs. Jung walked out of the house with her hands covering . She watched as Nicole's car vanished into the night.

"Turn here." Daehyun told Nicole, "Just keep going straight now." He said.

Nicole felt as though she had already been here. They came to a stoplight. Nicole realized the street.

"Go noona," Daehyun was getting impatient as Nicole drove once more, "We're here." Nicole stopped the car in the middle of a dead end as Daehyun quickly got out. She followed behind while Daehyun. They had to take the alley to finally get to the house.

"Him..." Nicole thought to herself, "the guy on the bus..." Youngjae came running out of the house first as he spotted Daehyun.

"Hyung..." He puffed for air, "he finally just woke up." He smiled with relief, "is that the nurse noona you were talking about?" He stared at Nicole.

"Yeah, that's my nurse noona..." Daehyun replied, Nicole noona this.."

"You can introduce me to everyone afterwards, lets take a look at your wounded friend first." Nicole smiled as the two boys led her inside the house. It was dim and painting on the walls were already peeling off. They took her upstairs. When she enter the room she spotted someone lying on the bed bandaged around his stomach.

Nicole walked over towards him with her aid kit in her hand. She sat down beside the boy as she got herself ready, "Its okay, I'm here to help." She told him, "I'm Jung Nicole. Daehyun's noona." She slipped on her gloves, "you are?"

"Junhong, Choi Junhong." He was able to replied back, "but...just call me Zelo."

"Zelo works too." Nicole smiled and suddenly Zelo felt his face flushing red.  She unraveled the bandage and saw how deep his wound was, "Why didn't you guys take him to the hospital?!" Nicole questioned shocked and furious now.

"Noona." Youngjae panicked now.

Nicole suddenly felt her body heating. Her cheeks burning red. She thought he was sick or had a small injury only. Not this.

"Did he get stabbed?!" Nicole shot up now wrapping the bandage back on

"He...he was shot." Daehyun told her.

"S-s-shot you said?" Nicole felt her heart beating faster, as her hands moved away from the side of his right stomach. "Is the bullet still inside of him?" She turned around at the boys who slowly nodded their head, "And you guys left him...left him like this? Without calling the ambulance!"

"Noona, we can explain. Can you please take out the bullet first?!!" Daehyun's shaken voiced asked.

"Get hot water ready, grab me a ton of clean towels." She felt defeated, "I'm going to save you. Alright." She turned to look back at Zelo who's face seemed to gotten paler.

After several hours, Nicole was finally sewing up his wounded wound. She had given him sleeping pills so he wouldn't have to feel the pain as much as he already had. She closed everything she had brought

"Thank you!" Youngjae lowered his head and bowed respectfully towards Nicole.

"Here," Nicole wrote down an address for Youngjae, "bring him there." She handed him the note as Nicole stood up to leave.

Daehyun followed Nicole out the house and walked her towards her car. He was finally feeling at ease now. Knowing that Zelo was going to be getting better.

"Are you not going to go home with me?" She asked taking out her phone now, "it's already one in the morning."

"I think I'll stay, the other Hyungs still aren't back yet."

"Where are they?" She asked.

"They went to go get Yongguk-hyung who's in Busan with his girlfriend. They went to spend their anniversary there. But this suddenly happened." Daehyun sigh.

"Don't get into anymore trouble. I have work in a couple hours and remind them to bring him to the hospitial so I can do an actual check up on him." Nicole opened her car door, as she drove away another car pulled in.

"How is he?" Yongguk stepped out of the car first as he looked at Daehyun. 

"He's doing fine now. He's sleeping." Yongguk nod his head as the other member and Jieun got out of the car, "lets go." All of them made their way towards the house now.

"Zelo-ah," Yongguk sat beside him who now slowly opened his eyes.

"Hyung..." His crispy dried lips whispered those words, "if it wasn't for Daehyung's noona...I would've probably been gone."

"I'll get those mtherfckers back for hurting you." Yongguk growled.

"Yongguk-ah..." Jieun placed her hands on his shoulders trying to calm him down.

"How's Himchan hyung?" Zelo asked.

"He's okay. He's mad at himself for not being able to protect you. He's angry at himself that you had to come and help him instead." Yongguk informed him.

"Ahh..." His eyes slowly began to close, "goodnight hyung." Zelo whispered before going back to sleep now.

Jieun and Yongguk left the room quietly. Leaving him to rest. He walked towards Youngjae's room where Daehyun was at also.

"Thank your sister for me." Yongguk looked at him with thankful eyes.

"I will." Daehyun bowed.

"Was that her who pulled out when we pulled in?" Jieun questioned.

"Yeah, she has work in the early morning. So she left right after she was done."

"She's a nurse?" Yongguk asked.

"Neee, she's already getting her doctors degree since she graduated school really early."

"Impressive." Yongguk nodded his head, "How old is she?"

"Twenty-two."

"Wow, achieving so much. She must be a brainy type of person." He smiled, "You guys rest up. Alright." Yongguk and Jieun both left downstairs where Himchan was sitting alone, "Are you planning to spend the night?" Yongguk asked Jieun.

"I might as well." She answered tiredly, "I'll be sleeping in your room. You should have a talk with Himchan." She planted a kiss on his forehead as she headed back up the stairs into Yongguk's room.

"Kim Himchan," Yongguk sat down across from Himchan who had his head down, "whats wrong?"

"That bullet should've hit me instead of Junhong." He spoke with frustration. Yongguk knew Himchan was really beating himself since he spoke of Zelo's actual name, "I didn't expect for anything to happen to Zelo."

"What happened." Yongguk clenched his fist.

"I was sitting...on the staircase."



============================================= Flashback =============================================


The banging became faster and louder, "three!"

"Hyung!!" One gunshot. Bang.

Himchan shot through the door as the guys from outside starting to shoot in. Himchan ducked down as Zelo ran across the room to get to Himchan.

"Get down Junhong!!" Himchan yelled against the loud sounds of gunshots from outside.

"Hyung I'm coming to you!" He yelled back.

"I said get down!!" Himchan stood up to push Zelo down as a bullet suddenly shot through their kitchen window and aimed straight to the right side of Zelo's stomach, "Junhong-ah..." Himchan felt as his life was in slow motion. He watched as Zelo stood still then with his right knee hitting the floor hard as his left feet followed behind.

"Hyung..." Zelo fell onto the ground as Himchan heard the cars driving off now.

"Junhong-ah..." Himchan rushed to Zelo's side as he heard the doorknob turning, "Get me the bandages!!!" He yelled as Jongup, Youngjae and Daehyun stood shock.


============================================= End of Flash Back =============================================


"Was it that bastard Lee and his gang?" Yongguk gritted his teeth.

"He's the only person after us." Himchan stated.

"Get some rest." Yongguk told him. I'll be up to watch Zelo.

"Alright." Himchan stood up and left Yongguk to be left alone in the kitchen.

Yongguk turned off all the lights as he made his way into Zelo's room. He sat in the old rusty chair beside his bed. He had a small blanket covering his body as he slowly fell into a deep sleep.