Forget

Reply

Forget

Diary Enrty #31

“Once you had put the pieces back together, even though you may look intact, you were never quite the same as you'd been before the fall.”

“Why would you wanna break a perfectly good heart?

Why would you wanna take our love and tear it all apart,now?

Why would you wanna make the very first scar?

Why would you wanna break a perfectly good heart?”

Don't cry when the sun is gone, because the tears won't let you see the stars…..

******

Jiyong faced Seunghyun and then Dara finally determined to answer her, “Dara, I love….”

“Seo Hyun,” Dara cut him off, “Be with her Jiyong. You don’t need to sacrifice your feelings just to attend to mine. I’m strong enough, I’ll survive.”

It broke Jiyong hearing those words from Dara. He was ready to give it all up to have her stay by his side yet here she was pushing him away. How could he be so selfish to keep pulling her away from the happiness she wants? She may have loved him but she was ready to let everything go.
“Mianhe Dara,” he spoke, “I never wanted it to be this way. I want to love your but all I can give you is friendship. I love Seo Hyun too much to give her up. Mianhe….”

Seunghyun knew he was lying yet he couldn’t bring himself up to stop him. Call it his selfishness but his heart wanted Dara too much. He has given Jiyong the chance yet he failed, it was now his turn to make Dara happy.

“Kwenchana,” Dara smiled, “I’m happy you were honest with me. Hengsho nabi.”

Jiyong smiled before turning and walking away from the girl he would forever keep in his heart.

“Goodbye,” he mumbled as he started to run again, away from the girl he knew he loved.

*****

“Omma,” Dong-wook called as they sat by the Park dinner table, “Jiyong said he’s not feeling well so he decided to stay home.”

“Oh cre?” Dara’s mother asked, “Omo, is he okay?”

“Deh,” Dong-wook assured, “He said sorry Uncle.”

“Aish, kwenchana,” Dara’s father accepted, “Tell him to get some rest.”

Dara had gone back home along with Seunghyun. After changing she quickly sat by the rest of the family trying her hardest to be positive though deep inside she was ready to break down. Heairng Jiyong’s words and his love for Seo Hyun hit her like a ton of bricks and if it weren’t for Seunghyun she would not have been able to take it.

“Dara kwenchana?” Jiyong’s mother asked, “You don’t look very good.”

“Mianhe,” Dara apologized eyeing Seunghyun who sat across from her, “It must be the flu.”

“Omo, you must have gotten it from Jiyong,” she replied, “Do you want to rest?”

“Is it okay appa?” she asked her father regretful that she wasn’t the happiest on his special day.

“Go on and rest,” he answered before turning to Seunghyun, “Would you mind helping her in her room?”

“Not at all sir,” he replied quickly giving a hand to Dara, “I’ll be right back.”

“Deh,” the rest answered as they watch him cater to Dara.

“Get some rest,” Seunghyun muttered as he held Dara.

“Thank you Seunghyun,” she uttered feeling light headed already.
“It’s no problem,” he replied as he quickly helped her lay on her bed. “Good night.”

He was about to make his way to the door when Dara quickly grabbed his hand seeming to pull him closer, “Please don’t leave me. I’m scared that if I’m left alone this pain will consume me. Please stay.”

Seunghyun stared at the tears quickly making their way down Dara’s gentle face. He hesitated for a moment before finally taking a sit by her, her hands still holding onto his. He didn’t want to let hers go, “I’ll stay here until you fall asleep.”

“Deh,” Dara answered staring at the handsome man before her. She was thankful to have him next to her. He somehow lessened the hurt she was feeling. Seunghyun was comforting and she knew that. “I guess my first love’s over.”

“Mianhe,” he spoke not knowing what else to say, “Mianhe Dara….”

More tears fell as she turned to face nothingness above her, “Kwenchana, I can move on now.”

“It hurts to see you this way,” he admitted, “I don’t wanna be mad at him but I can’t seem to help it.”

“Don’t be,” Dara replied, “This was none of his fault.”

“I know,” Seunghyun answered.

“Seunghyun can I ask you something?”

“What is it?”

“Why do you like me?” she suddenly asked, “Even though you know I like someone else.”

“Because you’re you,” Seunghyun honestly answered, “You strong willed, stubborn, eccentric, friendly, kind, and most of all loving. You know how to laugh, cry, be mad, and comfort those around you even though you yourself are suffering.”

Dara chuckled emptily, “You know Seunghyun; you’re not hard to fall for either.”

Seunghyun smiled at her, “I wanna take that hurt away from you Dara. I wanna be the man to finally give you the confidence to love again. I wanna be selfish just this once.”

With those words said Seunghyun quickly landed his lips to Dara’s, not caring anymore. He wanted to make her smile again, and if selfishness could help him get there he would take anything just to have the woman he loves smile for him again. He felt sorry for Jiyong, but knew if he could leave her like this then he would pick up the pieces he left behind. “Mianhe,” he spoke after breaking away from Dara’s lips. She stared at him bewildered yet the feeling of his lips against hers consumed her and before she knew it she inch closer to him once again, landing her lips to his this time.

She felt comfort with Seunghyun. Though she may not have loved him, she knew she felt something for him. She too wanted to be selfish just this once. Even just for one night.

******

Jiyong sat by the park bench clothes drenched from the rain. Though it was cold, he felt nothing. He had passed the time thinking of the words he said to Dara. He wanted to take them all back and be with her yet he couldn’t.

“Hyung?” a voice suddenly called him. He turned to face Taeyang looking at him. “Hyung, what are you doing there drenched?”

“Oh Taeyang-ah,” he answered meekly.

Taeyang hurriedly took a seat next to him still confused why his friend was drenched, “Have you been sitting here while it rained?”

Jiyong smiled, “Deh, wanted to get some fresh air, guess fell asleep.”

“Liar,” he muttered, “Now tell me why you’re really here.”

“You really know me too well,” he spoke.

“Were best friends,” he uttered, “It’s like a given code or something.”

Jiyong laughed, “Bro code.”

“Yeah, that’s it!” Taeyang exclaimed, “Now tell me what happened.”

“She’s with Seunghyun now,” Jiyong acknowledged, “I’ve let her go.”

Taeyang immediately knew who his friend referred to, “You’ve never felt the same way with Seo Hyun did you?”

“I thought I loved her,” Jiyong admitted, “But all along all I’ve wanted was Dara. Too stupid to realize and too dumb to accept it.”

“What are you going to do now?” Taeyang asked honestly feeling sorry for his best friend.

“Set her free,” Jiyong replied, “Be with Seo Hyun.”

“You’ve liked Dara all your life,” Taeyang acknowledged, “You just couldn’t admit it.”

“Because I’m not good enough for her,” he answered, “I was never good for her. I was content with her being my best friend. It was better to be friends than regret later.”

“And that’s why you’re here,” Taeyang pushed, “You’re also regretting now.”

Jiyong smiled, “Yeah.”

“Follow your heart Jiyong,” Taeyang expressed getting up from his seat, “If you’re happier loving her from afar then set her free, but if you know you’ll be much better having her by your side then go after her. You only have two choices Ji, I hope you make the right one.”

*****

After not much sleep last night, Jiyong got a call from Seo Hyun early in the morning asking if they could meet up at school instead of the usual with Jiyong picking her up. He immediately got ready and headed for school unsure why Seo Hyun wanted to meet up so early.

After spotting her standing by the school entrance he made his way towards her, “Seo Hyun-ah.”

Seo Hyun turned to face him sadness clear in her, “Annyeong oppa,” she greeted.

Jiyong quickly took notice of her stature, “Everything okay?”

“Deh?” she asked surprised before composing herself again, “I’m breaking up with you.”

“Bo?” he asked bewildered.

“My family’s moving back to Seoul,” she answered.

“What? When?” he asked still unable to reason why she wanted to break up with him.

“Today,” she replied, “I’ve been wanting to tell you but lately you’ve just seemed too occupied.”

“Why are you breaking up with me then?” he asked.

She smiled, “I’m not stupid Jiyong. I know you’ve fallen in love with someone else. I tried my best to ignore it but I can’t. I’m giving up.”

Jiyong stared unable to answer, he not only felt guilty but sorry as well, “Mianhe Seo Hyun.”

“It’s alright,” she answered a smile on her face, “Be happy Jiyong. Don’t hesitate anymore.”

“Y-yeah,” he could only mutter, “Thank you Seo Hyun.”

Seo Hyun laughed, “Well can I get a hug before I leave?”

Jiyong smiled and embraced her.

He was alone now and he knew.

“Goodbye Seo Hyun,” he spoke, “Thanks for being my first love.”

 

 

New Characters next Chapter.

Adieu Seo Hyun =)

Finally introducing CL and Minji next chapter along with a new antagonist. EVIL! LOl=)

Au revoir vous voir chapitre suivant!!