The Distance

First Love

 

Lee Hani

After that incident, I don’t have any feels to join Seungho, Joohyeon, G.O and Joon.  I can survive without them.  Seungho try to call and text me but I don’t have any intention to answer or text back.  Joohyeon try to talk with me and I don’t feel like to talk with her, I can't believe it she will join Seungho that day maybe I already forgot that she and Seungho is in the relationship.  G.O tries to smile at me after that incidents and I can’t smile back even he try to comfort me during that incidents.  Joon? He just can’t stop teasing me.

 

I am starting the new after the incidents, it is only 2 months Hani, after final I wil leaving, I already talk with dad about this and both of them agree with me.  In the morning I went to school early than usual to avoid Seungho in the bus.  During recess, I will go out from the class early and spend my time at my favorite spot, nobody knows about this only myself.  I already change my duty to clean the class with someone so I don’t have to meet and clean the class together.  After school I will not go back first, I will spend my time at my spot and leave after an hour so that I will not meet with others.

 

Hani,

 

I heard Joohyeon call me.  I miss that voice.  I miss spend my time with her.

 

Want to go back together after class?

 

She asks me.

 

Sorry, I got a work to do.  You can go back with Seungho.

 

I try to walk but suddenly she holds my hand.

 

Hani can I ask you a favor?

 

I look at her.

 

Can you stay away from Seungho?

 

I thought she wants to ask for forgiveness but she asks me to stay away from Seungho.

 

This is what I am trying to do.

 

I walk away and leave her.  I go to the favourite place.  I look at the sky, keep on thinking, how she can change after I helping her with Seungho.

 

Flashback

 

I arrive early this morning, I walk in the class room and I saw Seungho in the class.  I try to ignore him.

 

Hani,

 

I am ready to leave the class.  Suddenly I feel someone holds my hand, when I trying to release myself, he hold my shoulder and make me look at him.  I try my best to release myself from him, seeing I am doing this, he hug me.

 

Keep still or else I will not release you.

 

He warns me.

 

What do you want?

 

I ask him back.

 

Why you avoiding me?

 

He asks me.

 

That is not your concern.

 

He looks surprise with my answer.

 

Why? We are best friend right?

 

Best friend? Huh.

 

What happen to you?

 

Nothing, I just think I need to change my surrounding.

 

By abandoning your best friend?

 

That is not your concern! Release me!

 

Like I will do that!

 

He face look so angry with my answer.

 

Look, sorry about the other day.

 

I feel soften when he say sorry and without I realize his face become near and near to my face.  Only a millimeter from each other lips, suddenly,

 

Seungho.

 

I heard Joohyeon’s voice and he quickly releases me.  Ok, that’s it.  I have enough already and I run from the class leaving both of them.

 

End of Flashback.

 

Yang Seungho

 

Hani had kept avoiding me since Joohyeon’s birthday.  She doesn’t answer my calls and texts.  I also do not meet her in the bus and I don’t know where she goes during recess.  She also already changes her duty with the others.  We only talk for the class matters.  I decide to go early this morning; I want to meet her, no matter what happen.  I sit at my table patiently until I hear the footsteps.  I look at the door, it is her.  I quickly stand up and go to her when I look she already want to leave.

 

Hani,

 

I hold her hand and she turn back, trying to release her.  I hold her shoulder, she is trying to resist it too, and I have no choice but to hug her.

 

Keep still or else I will not release you.

 

She somehow stops resisting.

 

Why you avoiding me?

 

I ask her.

 

That is not your concern.

 

Hani never has been this cold before even we fought.

 

Why? We are best friend right?

 

Best friend? Huh.

 

What happen to you?

 

Nothing, I just think I need to change my surrounding.

 

By abandoning your best friend?

 

That is not your concern! Release me!

 

Like I will do that!

 I can’t help myself to be angry with all of her answer but I think she get a point to be angry after what I had done to her.

 

Look, sorry about the other day.

 

She look soften when I said that.  I look at her face, she look cute when I look her close up like this, her eyes, her nose and her lips.  Her lips look so beautiful, what does it feels when I kiss this lip? I slowly make our face near each other, only a millimeter when suddenly,

 

Seungho.

 

Gulp, it is Joohyeon.  What did I thinking? I already got a girlfriend,I quickly release her.  I turn around and met with Joohyeon’s eyes.

 

Park Joohyeon

 

To: My boyfie

 

Let’s go to school together!

 

I am texting Seungho this morning.

 

From: My boyfie

 

I already at school got something to do! ^^

 

Eh, he already at school, I should get ready now.  I walk to school as usual, sometimes Seungho will come to my house and we walk together.  I feel happy nowadays because I can spend a lot of time together without interruption. No more Hani but sometimes I found it annoying when Seungho keep on sharing his story with Hani.

 

Hani likes to,

Hani don’t like,

Hani this, Hani that.

 

When he does that, it kills my intention to ask forgiveness from Hani, yes, I am jealous of her.  Seungho knows everything about her.  Even lately Seungho will ask me to talk with Hani but I am really glad when she tries to avoid us.  That is mean I can spend my time with him more than her, and I also can learn more about him than her.  I keep on walking and can’t wait to meet Seungho until I reach the class.

 

Look, sorry about the other day.

 

That is Seungho’s voice; I slowly walk to the door and peeping.  I can see Seungho is hugging Hani, their face is really near and it will be worse if don’t stop them.

Seungho.

 

He let go of Hani, Hani already run away from the class, he turn his back and our eyes met.

 

Joohyeon, I try to seek her forgiveness.

 

That is the way you ask forgiveness?  I am asking it in my heart.  I don’t want had possessed me I come near to him and kiss him.  I kiss him roughly because I will not let Hani touch his lips first.  I keep on kiss him but I got no response from him.  I look at him, he look shock.

 

Sorry, I don’t know what had possessed me.

 

He is nodding his head.

 

Don’t worry, it is not your fault, it is my fault.

 

He said and goes back to his sit.  After that, I cannot focus in the class, I look at Hani who is besides me, and she looks really calm and really focuses.  I try to get my focus back, and then I try to look at Seungho.  I can’t believe my eyes, he eyes is on Hani, he does not realize it that I know he is watching Hani.

 

I will stop this.

 

I say it my heart.

 

During recess also, Seungho did not talk much, all I can hear is G.O and Joon bickering and sometimes Seungho will join them.  I feel like I am invincible there.

 

Seungho.

 

I whisper slowly to him while G.O and Joon keep on bickering.

 

What?

 

He asks me back.

 

Are you ok?

 

He is nodding his head.

 

I am ok, don’t worry.

 

After recess we continue our class like usual until we can hear the bell. I look at Hani who is already preparing to go back.

Hani,

 

She looks at me.

 

Want to go back together after class?

 

Oh my Joohyeon, why don’t you just straight to the point.

 

Sorry, I got a work to do.  You can go back with Seungho.

 

I relieve to hear her answer, she already leaving,

 

Hani can I ask you a favor?

 

She looks at me with her cold gaze and suddenly smirks.

 

This is what I am trying to do.

 

She said that and leaves me alone.  I look at Seungho and quickly run to him.

 

Seungho, let’s go!

 

I hold his arms; all of the people in the class look weird at us.  Seungho look uncomfortable, and when suddenly,

 

Wah, look like both of you are ready to announce your relationship.

 

Joon said and make one class shock with his statement.