The Mini Dress

First Love

 

Lee Hani

 

Hani, look what I had bought for you!

 

My mum said with a paper bag in her hand.  She put out the thing inside the paper bag.

 

Mini dress for you!

 

Mini dress, what had gotten to my mum, she knows I am not wearing that. 

 

Mum, do you have a fever?

 

She look confuse and shake her head.

 

No I am not; I want to see my princess wear this dress.  You will be pretty and cute in this dress.

 

I can’t take her answer.  Pretty? Cute? Me?

 

Oh come on mum, I will not wear that. 

 

She shakes her head again.

 

Yes you will wear it, you have to attend Joohyeon’s birthday party tomorrow right?

 

I nod my head.

 

It is only me, Joohyeon, Seungho, G.O and Joon in that party, no need to dress up.

 

My mum seems no satisfied with my answer.

 

I will make sure you wear it.

 

Tomorrow morning,

 

Here I am inside my mum’s room; I am wearing the dress, with hair band and a pink lipstick.

 

Ok, perfect, let us take picture!

 

I look myself at the mirror; I can’t imagine myself wearing this dress.

 

Mum, can I change?

 

She shakes her head.

 

Seungho will love it, believe me.

 

Ah, Seungho will love it, no, he has a girlfriend, Joohyeon, and don’t you dare Hani.

 

Mum, he gets his own girlfriend.

 

Mum looks at me and say,

 

It is only a girlfriend not wife.

 

She says while taking my pictures.

 

Ok, you can go now.

 

I walk slowly, I wish I can change my dress, ah, why don’t I bring extra clothes.  I try to return to my room but suddenly,

 

Don’t you dare bring extra clothes, Lee Hani!

 

Owh, how can she read my mind?

 

Bye mum!

 

I finally arrive at the venue, ah, how I can face them especially Seungho but mum said he will like it.  I quickly walk to venue because I am already late.  They have reserved the room for the party.  I open the door and all the people inside the room look shock when they look at me.

 

You look different today.

 

G.O said to me.

 

I look at the others but suddenly,

 

PUAHAHAHAHAHA, why are you wearing that kind of clothes?

PUAHAHAHAHAHA.

 

I know that voice belongs to Seungho.

 

You don’t suitable with that dress.

PUAHAHAHHAHA.

 

He talk again and I am searching for my back up when I already heard Joon already join him, laughing at me, I found Joohyeon, she also join them too.  I look at G.O, he try to say something,

 

Look, Hani, why don’t you just ignore them.

 

I try to ignore them but I cannot when I heard Seungho say,

 

You look funny, what had gotten into you Hani, PUAHAHAHAHA, go back home and change it, HAHAHAHHAAHA.

 

I can’t take it anymore, before my eyes become teary, I should go away from here.

 

Run Hani, run!

 

Yang Seungho

 

Today we will celebrate my girlfriend’s birthday, I already reserved the room and Hani, G.O and Joon will join us too.  It has been a long time we did not hang out together especially with Hani.  She quite late today, usually she will arrive on time when we promise to go out.

 

Joohyeon, had you text Hani?

 

Joohyeon nods her head, but we can wait for a while.  Suddenly the door open, I can see a girl, with dress, mini dress and a little make up, wait who is she?  She is kind of cute.

 

You look different today.

 

I heard G.O said it, he knows her and I look back at the girl.  She is Hani, why is she wearing that kind of dress? I automatically,

 

PUAHAHAHAHAHA, why are wearing that kind of clothes?

PUAHAHAHAHAHA.

 

She looks shock with my words, but it is kind of weird to see her in that dress.

 

You don’t suitable with that dress.

PUAHAHAHHAHA.

 

I cannot help myself and keep on laughing.  I look at Joon he already join me laughing and Joohyeon is trying her best not to laugh.

 

Look, Hani, why don’t you just ignore them.

 

What is G.O trying to do? How can he say that to Hani?

You look funny, what had gotten into you Hani, PUAHAHAHAHA, go back home and change it, HAHAHAHHAAHA.

 

I try to stop laughing and lift my face and find out Hani already gone.

 

Dude, what you are so mean?

 

G.O asks me.

 

Me being mean? No I am not; she is really funny with that dress.

 

I answer him and he only slowly shakes his head.

 

She is really funny, Hani in the dress? PUAHAHAHA.

 

Joon says it too, so I am not wrong right?

 

Joohyeon, do you feel it too right?

 

I ask Joohyeon opinion too and she slowly nods her head.

 

It is weird to look at her wearing dress.

 

She slowly answers.

 

Look, I don’t have mood to have party now, I have to go.

 

G.O stands up and leaves us.  We decide to celebrate it without Hani and G.O but something is lack.

 

Park Joohyeon

 

Today is my birthday, this is for the first time I will celebrate it with Seungho at first I just want to spend our time together but Seungho said he want to invite the others too.  I got no choice but agree to him.  Everything already prepare and we are waiting for Hani then suddenly the door opens, I can see a girl, it is Hani, but she is wearing dress.

 

You look different today.

 

I heard G.O said.  Hani look different today, I don’t know Hani can look this pretty and cute.  I take a look at Seungho, he seems shock and can’t take his eyes for her.  A jealousy suddenly arise from my heart,

 

PUAHAHAHAHAHA, why are wearing that kind of clothes?

PUAHAHAHAHAHA.

 

I look at Seungho, he is laughing to Hani, suddenly I feel ease.

 

You don’t suitable with that dress.

PUAHAHAHHAHA.

 

Even I feel ease but at the same time I feel bad for her.

 

Look, Hani, why don’t you just ignore them.

 

I heard G.O trying to comfort her.

 

You look funny, what had gotten into you Hani, PUAHAHAHAHA, go back home and change it, HAHAHAHHAAHA.

 

Ok, now I take a look at Hani back, she is kind of funny.  I try to hide my laugh but I cannot, especially when Joon already join Seungho.  I look at Hani, she seems shock when I start to join Seungho and Joon, and she run away from there.  Hani is gone.

 

Dude, what you are so mean?

 

G.O asks Seungho a question.

 

Me being mean? No I am not; she is really funny with that dress.

 

I heard Seungho answers back, I feel kind of relieve to hear that.

 

She is really funny, Hani in the dress? PUAHAHAHA.

 

Suddenly Joon says something about the situation.

 

Joohyeon, do you feel it too right?

 

What should I do? What should I answer?

 

It is weird to look at her wearing dress.

 

Slowly the answer blurt out from my mouth.  G.O looks at me and he just shakes his head.

 

Look, I don’t have mood to have party now, I have to go.

 

G.O stands up and leaves the rooms, now there are only me, Seungho and Joon.  We just continue the party without Hani and G.O, somehow it feels lack and this will not happen if Hani did not wear dress or to be exactly Hani did not invited to this party.