Celebrities

Loved by Mistake
CHAPTER IX
CELEBRITIES
_______________________________________

Sulli

Only one week before Christmas and I’m starting to panic because I wasn’t able to prepare anything for the children at the orphanage but given the circumstances, I should at least try the best that I can to make the party meaningful for the children. When I entered the lobby, I was greeted by warm hugs by the children.

Ms. Sunny, the orphanage directress tried to calm down the children but failed to do so. When the excitement went down, I ask the children to play at the yard so that Ms. Sunny and I can talk about the party next week. As soon as they heard the word party everyone went crazy again hugs me and ran towards the backyard. I promise them that I will join them later after Ms. Sunny and I talk.

On the way to the office I saw some minimal changes in the building; Ms. Sunny must have seen me looking around. “There was a thunderstorm last month; I believe you were still in a coma back then. Your parents sent someone immediately to check the condition of the children and the orphanage. There were minor damages but were fixed immediately by your parents orders. I’m just glad that my parents didn’t forget their promise to me about the orphanage.

“Regarding the Christmas Party for the children…”

“Oh speaking of that, you have kind and wonderful friends Ms. Sulli” she cut in.

“Did Yoona visit the orphanage when I was still in the hospital?” there’s no one else I could think off.

“No ma’am. They said they were your friends; one of them started helping the orphanage five years ago. If I remember right, you were with him before” she didn’t need to tell me more, I know who she’s referring to. “The kids were ecstatic every time they come here, they promise to hold do a program for the children, since they know you are still recovering from the accident.”

I was surprised to learn that everything is already in place for the Christmas Party for the children, it will be held four days from now, three days before Christmas. It’s a close door party and only invited guest are allowed to come.

“Ms. Sunny” said Chin her secretary. “Mr. Minjae and the others are here.”I was frozen in my seat. I wanted to leave immediately but I couldn’t. I followed Ms. Sunny towards the garden, the eight-year old Sulli saw me and came running towards me.

“Come on Sulli; let’s play with your friends over there. They said they miss you so much because they haven’t seen you for long time.” I didn’t have much choice but to allow Suzy to pull me towards the garden. When we reach the garden I saw them all, the six friends I haven’t seen for a long time. Playing happily with the kids are my long time friends Junsu, Chansung, Junho, Taec, Khun and Wooyoung; the famous 2pm.

 

Minho

Sulli texted me this morning, she said she’ll be taking the day off from work because she needed to visit the orphanage and plan for the Christmas Party for the children. I offered to go with her but she said that I shouldn’t ditch work and that I’ll probably be bored waiting for her.

“Busy too much?” I look up and find my best friend standing on the door way. “Mind if I take a minute of your time?” I greeted my best friend and hug him. It’s been a long time since I saw Taemin, he’s also a doctor here at Seoul General but he needed to fly to the US to visit his parents so he’s been gone for a while. “I was supposed to fly back here as soon as I heard that you got into an accident, but I couldn’t leave mom and dad there alone. So came here straight from the airport.”

“That’s okay” I said. “What’s important is I have my best man already here.”

“So the rumors are true? When I heard that you’re getting married I thought you finally had the courage to ask Krystal but it turns out that you have another girl you’re not introducing to me, are you afraid I might steal here from you so you didn’t introduce her to me intentionally?”

“Of course not, it’ not like that” I said. I started telling my best friend everything.

“Do you love her?” he asks me.

“No” he looks surprise with my answer.

“So why are you marrying her? Don’t you love Krystal anymore?”

“What I feel right now with Krystal is anger because of what she did my feeling towards Sulli… I don’t know but I’m sure I can’t live without her. It’s like I’m already addicted to her or something.”

“If it’s not love, what do you call it?”

“I don’t know, but I’m sure that I’m not in this engagement because I’m guilty about the accident. I can’t figure it out yet, but I her always to be my side.”

“That’s a dangerous game you’re playing Minho, what if one day you realize that you still love Krystal despite what she did, aren’t you being unfair to your future wife?”

Taemin’s right, what if that really happens. I’m being unfair to her, and I don’t want to get hurt. “Hey Minho” I heard Taemin calling me. “You’re zoning out on me.”

“Sorry, what are you saying?”

“I was asking you until what time is your clinic; maybe we can hang out since I already finish my papers.” I check my watch and saw that’s it’s already past two, I wonder if Sulli already ate lunch.

“I can go now; I just need to leave some final instructions for Bom in case there are emergencies. By the way, when are you going back to work?”

“The day after tomorrow” he said. “Hurry up, I’m starving there’s an Italian restaurant I want to try, your treat huh!”

“So do you really want to try the food or you’re just here because of the celebrities?” I heard the waiters talking about a reservation made by an idol group; he just smiled at me confirming my suspicion.

“Hey isn’t that Victoria from f(x) I wonder who’s that with her” I turned to check who he’s talking about only to see a Sulli with a girl. Taemin saw my reaction and asks me if I know the girl Victoria’s with. I didn’t answer him, instead I dialed Sulli’s number after a few ring, she pick up.

“Hello” she said. I saw her signal to the girl Taemin called Victoria to go ahead and entered a room, probably a private dining room for VIP.

“Are you busy?” I ask her.

“No, I’m having lunch with some friends” she said. At least she’s not hiding from me. “Is Italian food your favorite?” she instantly scan the room and her eyes landed on me. I wave at her still not hanging up.

“I thought you’re still in the hospital?” she asks me while walking towards our table.

“I was but someone here drag me out of my office” tilting my head towards Taemin. We ended the call and I automatically kissed the top of her head, “Hi” she said.

“Sulli, I’d like you to meet my best friend Taemin. Taemin, this is Sulli my fiancé.” Taemin look surprised, but composed himself immediately. “I didn’t know you have other celebrity friends?” I ask her. As if on cue, a group of guys entered the restaurant, I heard Taemin gasp in excitement.

“Minho, can my day be any more lucky, isn’t that 2pm?” he said.

The guys look at our direction and wave; I saw Sulli smiling at them and nod. What bothers me most is when I saw someone familiar walking with them. The man Sulli was talking at her apartment was telling the guys to walk faster so they can enter the room to avoid the stares of the other customers.

Luckily, the restaurant only has few customers since it’s already past lunch time. Only five tables were occupied including ours. I saw Chansung, the tall guy trying to come out from the room but was pulled back inside. Sulli’s phone started to ring and she answer it on the second ring, her expression change immediately, she’s clearly trying not to laugh. “I’m with my fiancé and his friend right now, do you mind if they join us for lunch?” after a few seconds she put down the phone and looks at us.

“Is it okay if I introduce you to my friends? I’ll understand if you don’t want to” she said and I look at Taemin. “Of course, Taemin can come if he likes.” Taemin look at me with pleading eyes. Taemin is a big fan of 2pm especially their song, he keeps on bugging me to listen to their songs since the kids really love them. I was left with no choice and just nodded at Sulli. She called a waiter and said to transfer the orders.

When we enter the room, I was surprised to see the room full of celebrities; Taemin on the other hand was speechless. Right in front of me is the complete member of 2pm and Victoria of f(x).

 

Sulli

Taec called me; I can hear Chansung’s already throwing a fit because they wouldn’t start eating without me. “Jin, I think you should hurry up you know how Chansung is when he’s hungry” he said, I try to suppress a laugh. “I’m with my fiancé and his friend right now, do you mind if they join us for lunch?” Taec asks the others, I heard Junho and Junsu said that they wanted to meet Minho so I should hurry up before they tie up Chansung.

I’m slightly nervous because it’s the first time I meet a friend of Minho, he probably noticed it because he squeeze my hand a little when we were walking towards the room. When we entered the room everyone stop talking and stand up to greet the guests.

“Minho, you already met Uncle Minjae?” I said, they shake hands and Uncle Minjae went talking to the waiter for the orders. “It’s okay uncle, they already placed their orders, and do you want anything else?” I ask the two.

“Were good already” Minho answered. The guys started to introduce themselves, I would really be embarrassing if they introduce themselves as group thank god they didn’t.

“Minho, these are my friends. Everybody, I’d like you to meet Choi Minho my fiancé” they already know about him since the news broke out, Khun even asked me about him earlier at the orphanage. “And this is his best friend Taemin.”

“Hello, I’m Junsu.”

“Hi, I’m Junho.”

“Taecyeon. This one here is Chansung” Taec said slapping Chansung’s back.

“Nickhun, it’s nice that you can join us. This is Victoria” Khun said and they shake hands.

“Wooyoung, nice meeting you.”

I feel like I was in a hostile area, thank god for Chansung’s hungry stomach. “Hey guys, can you please sit down now. I’m kind of hungry from all the playing we did back at the orphanage.” I saw Minho look at me with questioning eyes but his attention was diverted when Taemin pushed him to take a set.

“Jin, seat here so you can seat together” Taecyeon said and move to the empty seat beside Junho.

In situations like this, I just wish I was still in a coma. Khun notice the awkwardness in the air so he started the conversation.

“So Minho, I hope Jin’s not giving you a hard time.” Victoria nudges Khun on his side. “Khun, it’s not nice you know. We don’t Minho to get a bad impression on Jinri” I glared at Khun and everyone laugh at us. He probably orchestrated this scene to get rid of the awkwardness. He’s always been like that, the thoughtful one on the group. No wonder Vic loves her so much.

“Yeah! Don’t let her bully you” said Junho.

The food arrived and everyone dig in. There are small talks every once in a while, but nothing more. I’m sure I have a lot of explaining to do to Minho but I’ll think about it later. Suddenly Taemin asks how we know each other; I was dreading for this moment ever since I saw Minho at the restaurant. Everyone was quiet and look at me.

“Sulli and I were classmates in England before I move back to Korea to undergo training” Wooyoung answered him.

“Really, I actually thought that Sulli was once a training to become an artist like you guys.” Everyone laugh at Taemin’s remarks.

“She could be if she wanted to” answers Taec. “She has the talent, but she chooses the corporate world instead of being in the limelight.” It’s true, their company once offered me to be a trainee like them but having my aversion from the reporters, I declined the offer and studied business instead.

Thank god for Uncle Minjae, he cut in the conversation looking worried. “I’m sorry to interrupt the reunion guys I’m afraid we have to go now. Some fans found out that you are here, there are some already outside.” My eyes automatically landed on Vic, its okay to be seen in public but it would create a big rumor if the fans found out that Vic is with Khun.

“It’s okay, I’ll send her back Khun” the guys hurriedly finish their meals and stand up. “I’ll take of this Uncle Minjae, you should hurry before the crowd outside multiplies.” Everyone said goodbye to Taemin and Minho. Each of them gave me a tight hug, I feel a little sad, because it’s been a while since the last time I saw them. It’s true that fame really takes something away from you, surprise was written all over Minho’s face when all five of them hugged me especially when Taec and Khun gave me a kiss on the cheek. Wooyoung was the last one to say goodbye, like the others Woo hug me very tight and whispered something.

“I hope we can see each other in a different situation” me too, I thought to myself.

The group left leaving me with Minho, Taemin and Vic. “Are you going home?” Minho asks me. I nodded and said that I just send Vic back to the company. “Let’s get some desserts after?”

“Okay, I’ll meet you up the cake shop need the apartment” they left first so they can check if there are still reporters or fans outside.

“Thank Jin, it was really nice seeing you again, promise me that we’ll see each other soon okay.”

“Of course, just text me. You guys are the ones busy not me.”

I reach the cake shop and found Minho sitting on a table at the corner. He greeted me and kissed the top of my head.

“Hi” I said waiting for the question.

“So you and this Wooyoung…”

 

***Just want to share with you guys the reason why I put Wooyoung in the story is because when I was watching WGM, the third episode shows a scene where Wooyoung asks about Sulli and then Victoria just suddenly asks him if he likes Sulli. I hope you enjoy reading the chapter. Waiting for your comments, I really love reading all of them.***