We're Getting Married

Loved by Mistake
CHAPTER II
WE'RE GETTING MARRIED
_______________________________________

Minho

“Yoon I need to hang up now, I’ll see you at dinner,” she said. The caller on the other line probably asks who I was because she answered very flatly. “My fiancé.”

I don’t know if I need to smile but the way she said fiancé really sounds so y. “Hi! I really wanted to talk to you at the restaurant but you were in a hurry.” Sulli stared at me, and then she immediately invited me to come inside her apartment. I was surprise to see the inside of her apartment; it was very simple and no girly stuff at all. “You have a nice apartment.”

“Thank you,” she said. “Can I offer you anything to drink?”

“Thanks, I already got it covered, beer and chips.” I raised the plastic back I bought from the convenient store.

“You come prepared Dr. Choi,” she said smiling at me. “Please call me Minho Ms. Sulli.”

“Drop the miss; if our parents will push this thing to us we might as well drop the formalities,” she said. “Please feel at home, I’ll just get a container for the chips.” She made her way to the kitchen; her place is really simple but very nice. I watch her as she moves around the kitchen and sat on the couch while I remove the beer cans from the plastic.

“Did my parents give you my address to check up on me if I’m still in the country?” she asks.

“No, actually I live at the next building.” I can see the surprise in her face. “Yeah, I was surprise too. I was torn between asking my parents for your number but decided not to.” Sulli came back carrying a bucket of ice, two empty glasses and a bowl. She placed then at the center table and sat on the floor. If it was Krystal, she’s probably mad right now for even buying the chips.

“What’s with the face?” she suddenly asks.

I laughed at her reaction, maybe if we met under different circumstances she and I could be friends. “Nothing,” I said, “I’m just surprise that it’s okay for you to drink and eat chips. Aren’t girls always supposed to be on a diet?” What a stupid question.

She was laughing while opening the bag of chips. I decided to sit beside her on the floor, and put ice on the glasses. I notice there are already beer bottles on the kitchen island. “You already have a head start, mind if you wait for me to catch up so were on even?” she just smiled and nod. She just watched me while I drank down three beer bottles.

“You could have taken your time you know.”

“Nah, that’s okay. So shall we start with the 50 questions?” I don’t know why but I feel really comfortable as soon as I step foot inside her apartment.

“How did you find out my apartment number?”

“Let’s say I sweet talk the lady at the reception to give me your apartment number. Why are you drinking?”

“I’m frustrated with some things. Why did you want to know where I live?” she said

“I want to talk to you. Is it because of the marriage our parents put us up to?”

“Yes and probably no. What do you want to talk about?”

“I want to know the reason why you said yes.” I ask he straight forward.

“I didn’t have a choice. How about you?”

“Same thing as you. What did they do to make you say yes?” I was really curious how her parents made her agree with this.

“They threatened to take away something. You?”

“They threatened my girlfriend’s future.” As soon as I said the word girlfriend, her expression suddenly changed.

“Why didn’t you tell me earlier, you could have save me the trouble,” she said.

“Not a chance, my parents knows about her and they probably told parents already but they still decided to push through the marriage.”

“I’m very sorry, I really want to say no but I don’t really have a choice,” she said and bows down her head. I pat her said and smiled at her.

“It’s okay, at least I know the feeling is mutual and we’re not like the others who are trying to kill each other as soon as they met,” she smiled.

We’re on our fifth bottle when I notice that her head is starting to sway. The next thing I knew where both facing each other, she was leaning at my shoulder while my head rest on top of hers. The last thing I could remember is the smell of her hair.

I woke up the next day with a major head ache. When I opened my eyes, I was surprised to see Sulli beside me leaning on my shoulder while sleeping; she’s really cute especially when sleeping. When I tried to move my head, I cringed in pain. I got myself a stiff neck, darn it! Sulli also woke up, she was startled to see me beside her but you can see relief on her face when she fully examined the apartment and sees us both fully clothed. Her hand immediately landed on her neck, seeing the both of us holding on our necks, we started laughing.

“I’m sorry I didn’t mean to spend the night over, I probably past out because I drank past my limit.” I said, while picking up the beer bottles and cans on the table.

“You can leave it there I’ll take care of it later. Do you want to have breakfast first; I think I have something in the kitchen we can eat,” she asks me.

Ding dong

When she opened the door, a tall girl carrying paper bags came in and started talking.

“Jin, I’ve been trying to call you all morning because I was to the grocery before going here. Did you already check your phone? I probably have more than ten missed calls what did you do the whole eve…ning?” her friend’s stops blabbering as soon as she saw me standing in front of her. He face turned scarlet red as soon as she saw me and looks straight at Sulli with eagle eyes. Sulli laughs at her friend’s reaction.

“Relax Yoon, nothing happened. Minho, I would like you to meet my best friend Yoona. Yoona this is Minho my fiancé.”

“Hi nice to meet you, I’m Minho.” I greeted her friend smiling.

It turns out that Sulli never allowed her best friend to use her kitchen, because the last time Yoona cooked something, she almost burned the whole apartment unit. So for the next ten minutes, I watch Sulli move around gracefully in her kitchen while her best friend and I sat on the bar stools.

“I hope you don’t mind eating here in front of the kitchen,” Yoona said.

“Of course not, it’s okay. I think it’s rather cute to watch someone cooking like this.”

“So Minho, how did you end up sleeping together?” Yoona teasingly ask.

“Yoon, stop it. Please be nice to him,” Sulli said as she was turning pancakes on the grill.

“We didn’t sleep together technically, it’s more of we past out after drinking and telling stories about one another.” I answered her honestly.

“Sorry.”

Sulli prepared pancakes and bacon for breakfast; she gave me and Yoona a cup of coffee. “How about you?” I ask her seeing that she only made two cups of coffee.

“Jin doesn’t drink coffee; she prefers tea and milk especially in the morning.”Yoona said. I saw her placing a mug of milk inside the microwave.

“Just a habit,” she said as she sat down between me and her best friend.

“So did you two already find a way to get yourselves out of this mess?” Yoona asks the two of us.

“Zero,” I said.

“Nothing,” answers Sulli.

“Well you can always play with them you know, pretend that you agree with them.”

“But Yoon, Minho has a girl friend. I don’t want anyone to get hurt by this marriage.” Sulli suddenly said.

“Jin, you said it yourself last night, if you don’t marry him you everyone will suffer at the orphanage,” I saw Sulli cringed.

“What orphanage?” I ask them.

“My family is helping an orphanage, my dad said that if I turn down this marriage they will pull out all their resources and will make sure that no one will attempt to help the orphanage.”Now I understand what her parents have on her.

The three of us eat our breakfast quietly when suddenly, Yoona squealed in excitement. “I have an idea!” Sulli and I looked at her; at this point any idea is welcome for evaluation and trial since both of us are already desperate to find a way out of this.

“What if you guys play along with their game and Minho will pretend to break-up with her girlfriend. Just think of it as two friends living with each other, after a year or two, you can get a divorce and live your lives as if nothing happens.”

Sulli and I looked at each other. “Not a bad idea,” I said. “What do you think?”

“Right now, it’s the best idea, couldn’t think of anything better,” she answers me. Sulli hugs her best friend and thank her for coming up with the idea. After eating breakfast I said good bye and thank Sulli and Yoona for breakfast because I need to prepare for my shift at the hospital.

“It was nice meeting you Yoona and thank you for the help.” I said.

“Of course, anything for my best friend; take care of my best friends Minho, don’t let her cry or else I’ll hunt you down and beat you up.” I chuckled at Yoona’s friendly threat.

I was waiting for the elevator when Sulli came running after me.

“You forgot your phone on the table,” she said.

“Thanks!” I open to check if there are messages. Crap, Krystal’s been calling the whole morning.

“Girl friend problem?” I nodded. “Don’t worry; you won’t have any fiancé problems.” We both laugh at what she said.

“Thanks Sulli, before I forgot, can I get your number? You know, just in case,” she type in her number and saved it, I looked at the name “GIM” I look at her looking for an answer.

“Girl I’m Marrying, GIM.” I laughed at her child like behavior.

I arrived at my apartment and decided to text her.

“Hi GIM, please save my number just in case you needed to contact me. – GYM (guy-you’re-marrying)”

 

***Hope you like this one! I can't wait to read your comments!***