Christmas Party

Loved by Mistake
CHAPTER X
CHRISTMAS PARTY
_______________________________________

Minho

It’s been three days since my disastrous meeting with Sulli at the café. I’m not usually a short tempered person, and I really don’t know what gotten into me.

Flashback

“Wooyoung and I are just friends, there’s nothing more to it.”

“He’s the one you and Mr. Minjae were talking about when he came to your apartment right?” I ask her and she nodded. I felt a twinge in my heart; she said that they are just friends and I believe her if that’s what she says. All of them were nice and friendly, even Wooyoung but I can’t help to feel bothered about the guy.

“You’re mad” she said.

“No I’m not. Sulli, were getting engage next month, you know that you can always say no to this” stupid Minho! What if she really said no and back out, stupid me!

“Minho, I am serious when I said yes to you last Saturday. I am not backing out in this engagement just because you think Wooyoung and I have a relationship. Woo is my friend, yes we used to date but we both decided that he and I are better off as friends.” I can tell by her voice that she’s already annoyed but when she confirmed that she and that guy Wooyoung used to date, my insides went all crazy.

“Maybe you just pity me because my ex girlfriend cheated on me, that’s why you agreed with this” her eyes widened, she was suppose to say something but held it in. She’s angry right now, I can tell. I know it’s a below the belt comment, I myself didn’t expect it to come out from me.

“Maybe we can talk when you’re okay, you’re probably tired and stress with work” she said, trying to compose herself. “By the way, I would probably be spending some time with the guys at the orphanage together with Vic and her group mates. I just thought you should know, they’re doing a private concert for the children, so I’ll be helping them out since it was my project to start with.” She stands up and collected her things. “Call me when you’re back to your old self again, maybe then we can have a proper conversation about the preparations for the engagement that is if you still want to continue with it” she said and left me at the café feeling stupid about myself.

End of flashback

“Hey, did you and Sulli have a fight? You look really depressed since the other day” Taemin said when we were having lunch, it’s his first day back at work.

“Just some misunderstandings, that all” my best friend look at me intently.

“Minho, you said that you don’t love her and you still don’t know what your true feelings are for her but isn’t it too obvious?”

“What?” I ask him.

“You already like her man, shocks! I didn’t imagine you can be so much in denial with your feelings after a break-up.”

“Of course I like her man, I wouldn’t be in this situation if I didn’t” Taemin just sighed.

“What I mean is, you’re already in love with her. You wouldn’t act like a jealous lover over her guy friends who you accidentally met on a restaurant.” I was taken aback by what Taemin just said; is it really possible that I’m already in love with her?

“Isn’t it too fast, I met her three days before she got into a coma and it’s not even a month since we’re been together after she woke up?”

“Minho, haven’t you heard the saying that love moves in mysterious ways? So what if you knew her for barely a month, you spend three months beside her when she was in coma, for god’s sake! What’s important is what you really feel for her. It’s the quality time you spend with one another that will definitely make the difference not the length of time you spend together” Taemin has a point, I never felt this protective with Krystal before. I didn’t even sulk when I found out that she cheated on me and broke up with her.

“We haven’t talk for three days” I finally said to him.

“I can’t blame her though; you really messed up the other day provoking her like that.”

“I couldn’t control it Taemin, when she said that she and that Wooyoung used to date I just lost it.”

“Did you ever ask if they’re still dating?”

“No. Sulli said they’re only friend, for Ssul they might be just friends but what about the guy?”

“Moron!” he said. “No wonder she’s not talking to you! If you’re still denying that you love her, at least save your engagement before you regret not fighting for it.” Am I really in love with her, I ask myself.

Bom knocked on the door and peaked inside. “Hello Dr. Lee” she greeted Taemin. “Dr. Choi, Ms. Sulli dropped by this morning and left this when you were doing your rounds with the patients.” I thank Bom and opened the envelope. “What’s in it?” he asks me.

“An invitation for the orphanage’s party” I said turning the paper I’m holding so he can see it.

“Wow, Sulli must be really special to them. Do you know how hard it is to clear an idol’s schedule for at least a day?” Taemin stop talking when I gave him a death glare. “Sorry man.”

It turns out that Sulli indeed went to the hospital to give the invitations, even Taemin received one. It’s a normal Christmas party for the children only with a private concert to be given by two of the most popular idol groups in the country, how ordinary can that be?

According to the invitation, the party will be held at the orphanage’s garden tomorrow afternoon, and it’s a private concert for the children. RSVP on invited guest only and they will be implementing a no invitation no entry policy. Sulli is really something to come up with something on a very short period of time, I’m really proud of her. I decided to finally call her, she’s not picking up her phone, maybe she’s still mad at me. I tried calling her office but her secretary said that she already left; I check on the time and was surprised that she left this early.

“Mr. Jang together with Mr. Ok and Mr. Horvejkul picked her up after her meeting this morning” she said. I thank her secretary and hang up. I slam my fist on the table, hearing the noise, Bom entered the room to check up on me, but I just wave her off to go away and leave me alone, afraid that if I try to say anything, I might end up raising my voice on her.

Sulli! What are you doing to me? I mentally shout inside my head.

 

Sulli

I entered my office feeling tired and hungry. After the incident at the café, I started to push myself with the party preparations and office work. I ask my secretary to squeeze in all the important meetings in the morning so I can go off work in the afternoon and make the necessary preparations for the party. I haven’t told Yoona yet that Minho and I had a little misunderstanding because of Woo. She’s our official engagement party planner, she bestow this job onto herself because she felt that it’s her obligation for being my best friend, if she’s not a lawyer, she could actually put up an event company because she’s really good at planning and executing things like this.

Someone knocks on my door “Come in” I said. I saw Taec and Khun’s head peaking at the doorway. I started laughing and tell them to come in. Taec and Khun entered the room; Khun walk back outside and pulled someone in, following Khun is Wooyoung, who smiled and gave me a hug.

“What are you doing here?” I ask them.

“We’re abducting you for lunch,” Taec said and started playing on my chair.

“The company cleared our schedules for the rest of the week, JYP found out the party that were throwing out for the kids so they allowed us to take some time off and prepare for it” Khun said. Wooyoung just sat quietly on the chair.

“I should send an invitation for Ji-young and thank him for allowing you guys to do this.”

“That’s a good idea, maybe he can also do a number for the children, we’ll never know” said Taec who’s enjoying playing with the chair, and then he noticed the photo on the cabinet and took one out. “You still have this huh.”

“Of course, it’s our first group picture together when Woo came back here to train.” Wooyoung stand up and walks beside Taec and took the photo from him. It’s a photo of me the guys when they were still a trainee.

“Do you mind if you make a copy of this and send it to me, a scanned one is okay” he said.

“I’ll ask my secretary to make copies so I can give some to you guys.”

“We should go everyone’s at the orphanage waiting” Taec said suddenly standing up. “Vic prepared pack lunch for all of us so we can have a picnic at the garden there; we haven’t done it in for so many years.” I look at Khun thinking that Taec was just probably messing around but he just smiled at nodded.

We were about to get out from the elevator when Khun asks me if I want to ride with them. I declined since it’s not a good idea because the fans might see us and misinterpret, plus, I can’t leave my car at the office.

“Wooyoungie, you should ride with Jin so you two can catch up” Khun said. I expect him to decline but he just nodded.

Good thing that my car is heavily tinted so people outside won’t see easily see the inside of the car. Khun and Taec drive off immediately as soon as they got inside their car.  “Do you want me to drive?” asks Wooyoung. I hand him the keys and walk towards the passenger door, he followed and open the door for me and jog back to the driver’s side.

I spend the rest of my day with the guys playing with the kids at the orphanage while they steal some time for practice for the program. The sun was already setting and all of us were starving, Vic prepared a monster meal for the guys but it wasn’t enough to completely get them through the afternoon. The guys invited me to have dinner with them, unfortunately I have a presentation tomorrow morning that I still need to study so I said goodbye to them. Each gave a hug while Khun and Taec kissed me on the cheek. Wooyoung was the last one to say goodbye.

“I had fun today, see you tomorrow. Don’t over work yourself, it’s going to be a long day tomorrow” he kissed me on the cheek and hugs me tight. “I miss you Jin, I can see that you’re happy now, I glad you are.”

“Thanks Woo, I’m happy that you already achieve your dream.”

My morning went by in flash; my presentation at the board meeting went well. Uncle Minjae’s updating me by the hour with the preparations at the orphanage. At eleven o’clock I hurriedly change into casual cloths and drive straight to the orphanage. I went straight to the garden; I was relieved to see that they just started the party. I saw Yoona waving at me at the technical’s table.

“Hey, I hope I didn’t miss much” I said as I give my best friend a big hug.

“No, they just started. The guys forgot to pick who will emcee the party so they’re letting the children decide” I saw the guys standing while they let the children form a line behind them to determine who will host the part. Winning by just one vote, Taec won and he happily runs around the garden while the children follow him around. “Where’s Minho?” she asks me. I don’t know how to answer her when a deep and familiar voice answers behind me.

“Hi, sorry I’m late” he said.

“That’s okay, it only just started” Yoona said. I don’t know if I can turn around and greet him, we haven’t talk for days now and I’m afraid he’s still angry. The kids applauded when Taec officially started the party. I saw Khun walking towards us, I look at him silently asking for his help, and he immediately got the message.

“Hello Yoona, long time no see” he said.

“Hi Khun, thanks for doing this for the kids and Jin it’s really means a lot to them” Yoon said when Khun hug her.

“Of course, anything for this kid here! Jin have you seen Hyun already, he’s with Yonghwa.” I was surprised; Hyun said they couldn’t make it because of a prior schedule. “It’s a last minute change in their schedule so they squeezed the event today.” I excused myself and look for Hyun and the others.

It wasn’t a concert at all, it was totally a children’s party for the kids complete with games and performances in between. All of them participated in the games, f(x) performed their songs while the girls sing together them, 2pm even gave the kids a special dance lesson of Without You while CN Blue serenade everyone with their songs. Vic and her group needed to leave early, I thank them and promised to make up to them for everything they did for today. Hyun and the others needed to leave as well after their performance, all the children are happy and everything is perfect well except for me and Minho of course.

All 2pm members gave a solo performance, Woo was the last one to perform and I was trying so hard not to look at Minho’s reaction because of all the things that Woo decided to do is to sing I Can’t. Minho’s reaction was unreadable, he had this straight face throughout the song and I’m completely clueless to what he is thinking. The party was a complete success, the guest left one after the other. My parents left with Minho’s mom and dad and Yoona needed to leave as well because of an emergency on case she’s working on. It’s already nine in the evening and everyone was exhausted, there’s no trace that a part-concert ever happened on the garden, everything was back to normal. Ms. Sunny thanked everyone for everything and retired for the night.

I found the guys at the garden laying on the grass lazily, the children are all in bed by this time and we’re the only ones left awake at the orphanage. Uncle Minjae went to the office for a meeting and said that he’ll pick up the boys later. I used this opportunity to thank the guys for all they did today. I miss them actually, it’s hard to find friends like this guys especially in our line of work.

“Thank you guys so much, the kids can’t stop singing and dancing” I said to them when I sat beside Taec.

“Of course anything for our Jin, right guys?” Junsu said. I suddenly notice their number; there are only five of them here. The Jun brothers, Junho and Junsu are goofing around on the grass with Chansung; Taec and Khun is beside me watching the three beat each other up.

“Where’s Woo?” I ask.

“He’s trying to sort some things out with some because he notice that you’re kind of down and worried behind that smiling face of yours the whole afternoon” Khun said. Then it suddenly hits me, Minho hasn’t left yet, did he? I look at the two with a worried look, the three still oblivious to the situation.

“Don’t worry, he promise to behave and just talk” Taec pulled me back when I tried to stand up and look for them.

“Just relax Jin; Woo knows what he’s doing. Even if you don’t tell us, we know that you guys had a misunderstanding. We were waiting for you to tell us about it but you never did so Woo decided to set the record straight once and for all” said Khun. Taec was all serious and I’m not used to him being like that. I tried to look around trying to find the two, and then I saw two familiar figures standing at the lobby.

I remain at my place between Taec and Khun and whispered a silent prayer, hoping that everything will be okay.

 

***Sorry for not updating, I’m sorry if you didn’t like this chapter and the previous one :( but I’m happy at the same time because I saw that there’s another upvote for the story. Thank you so much, I look forward reading your comments.***