Reconcile

Loved by Mistake
CHAPTER XI
RECONCILE
_______________________________________

Minho

I was walking back to the garden to talk to Sulli when I suddenly bump into Wooyoung at the hallway. “Minho, can we talk?” he asks me. “I know you’re not comfortable with Jin spending time with me but I want you to know that I don’t want to cause any trouble or misunderstanding between the two of you” he said. Sulli probably told them about the incident at the café.

“I can’t tell Sulli who her friends should be” I said trying to sound calmly as possible. “You’ve been friends for a long time, so it’s normal for you guys to be close with one another. Did she say that we’re having problems?”

“No, she didn’t have to. Look, Jin and I are just friends; I’m just like Taec and Khun for her.”

“But do you see her only as a friend?” I ask him directly.

“Does it matter?”

“It does if that’s that would make her happy.”

“You love her already don’t you?” he suddenly asks out of nowhere.

“If loving her means wanting her by my side always and hoping to take care of her every single day, then I guess I do love her.” Maybe Taemin’s right, I love Sulli already I’m just afraid of hurting again. After saying it out loud, I started to see this guy’s point in all of this. It’s not about Sulli’s feelings for Wooyoung, I’m acting like this because I’m jealous of him, jealous of their closeness and petrified that if ever Wooyoung decided to reconcile with her I might lose her instantly.

“Then I think we don’t have anything to talk about anymore, even though she’s not saying it out loud, I’m pretty sure Jin likes you too. She can be very cold sometimes, it comes with being exposed to the cold world of business at such a young age but at the same time, she can be very sweet and caring especially to those special persons to her.” I suddenly feel guilty; if only I faced my feelings earlier we wouldn’t be this kind of situation. “She can be very stubborn sometimes but I think you’ll manage her well enough.”

“As if she’ll let me” then the two of us burst into laughter. We head our way to the garden where the others are waiting, along the way Wooyoung told me stories about Sulli when they were in England then I realize that there’s so many things I don’t know yet about her but I made a promise to myself to everyday learn something about her, her likes and dislikes, she’s like a book to me with never ending chapter that I will never get bored to read.

“I’m just glad she’s marrying you and not some rich and arrogant businessman” he said. Although Wooyoung and I had a rocky start, I think the two of us can be good friends.

 

Sulli

All I can feel is relief when I saw Wooyoung and Minho walking towards us laughing and talking to each other comfortably.

Uncle Minjae was already waiting for them at the parking lot, I thanked the guys for all the help and for the private party they threw for the children. I hug Junsu and Junho, Chansung swing me around when he hug me. “It’s really great to spend time with you again Jin, I hope to see you really soon” he said. Taec and Khun hug and kissed me on the cheek. “It that we can’t see each other more often like before but promise us that if ever you need anything or have a problem you’ll tell us right away” Taec said. I nodded and hug him again. Wooyoung was the last one to say goodbye.

“I’m happy that you’re marrying someone who deserves your time and love Jin, I wish you happiness. Don’t forget to invite us to your wedding okay? I don’t care if we’re in Africa or North Pole, I definitely won’t miss your wedding.” I was taken aback by Woo’s choice of words.

“Of course Woo, take care always. All of you.” I wave goodbye as their car finally made a turn leaving me and Minho alone at the parking lot. I walk towards my car when a strong hand grab mine and restrained me from moving forward.

“Where do you think you’re going?” he asks.

“Going home” I said. “Good night Minho” but he pulled me back so I was facing him, our faces just inches apart.

“Ssul I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to be a jerk back at the café the other day” he said.

“Minho, please I’m tired I don’t have the energy left to have a fight with you tonight” and with that said, I remove his grip from my hand, but I wasn’t prepared for what he did next. He grabs my shoulders and hugs me from behind, I tried to fight him off but he’s too strong for me.

“I thought you’re tired already, let’s just stay like this for a while” I gave up fighting and calmed down. Minho’s embrace is like a warm blanket for me against the cold night. “Do you know that you made me go crazy these past few days because you won’t pick up or return any of my calls?”

“Sorry, I’m afraid that if I talk to you we might end up fighting more rather than solve our problem” I said. He loosen up the embrace and adjusted my position so I was facing him, his arms moving down my waist sent tingling chills on my spine.

“I know I was a jerk that day and I’m really sorry for doubting you, it’s just that we’ve ended up in this engagement in the non-traditional way, unlike others, well you know what I mean.”

“Apology accepted.”

“Does this mean that you’re not angry anymore? He asks me doing it with a cute face. I nodded. Then suddenly, he shouted “Yes!” and lifted me and swings me around in circle.

“Come on I’m taking my fiancé to dinner” he said after putting me down hearing that from him really makes my heart flutters. We both brought our own cars so we need to drive separately to the restaurant; we were walking towards my car when his phone suddenly rang. His smile went gone instantly the moment he answered the call, “Yes, I’ll be there right away. Prepare everything so we can start immediately” he said. As soon as he ended the call, I know that dinner must be canceled because of an emergency at the hospital.

“Go now, I’ll be okay.” Without a word, he hugs me tightly and kissed the top of my head.

“I promise to make it up to you, call Yoona or anyone just don’t forget to eat dinner okay? Text me when you get home. Drive safely.” And with that said, he ran towards his car and drive towards the hospital.

 

***Sorry for the late and short update, I’m glad readers are really anticipating what will happen next in the story. I promise to make up with the next one! Thanks you so much for all the support and encouragement. ***