Doesn't Matter

Loved by Mistake
CHAPTER VIII
DOESN"T MATTER
_______________________________________

Minho

Everything went well after Sulli got discharged from the hospital. She insists that she need to go back to work on Monday because she has a lot of catching up to do in the company. One week after, everything is back to normal. After jogging, I went straight to Sulli’s apartment to check up on her, when I came out of the elevator I saw Sulli talking to a guy who is holding a big bouquet of pink roses. I slowly walk towards them and accidentally overhead their conversation.

“He really wanted to visit you at the hospital Jin; he’s really worried about you. The guys needed to restrain him physically to stop him from getting on a plane to fly back here” the man said.

“Please Uncle Minjae, it would be a problem for him to be seen around the area” she noticed me standing not far away, she smiled and greeted me. I kissed the top of her head, something that became a habit for me during the past few months.

“Sorry I’m all sweaty” I said.

“That’s okay. Minho I’d like you to meet Uncle Minjae, uncle this is Choi Minho” she introduced me to the man.

“Yes of course, your fiancé. Congratulations on your engagement.”

“You should go in first, I’ll just walk him to the elevator” she said.

“No need Jin, you two go ahead I can manage from here.”

When we entered the apartment, I was waiting for Sulli to say something or explain who is the man she’s talking to a while ago but she just went upstairs and came down holding a towel. She stand in front of me and started drying my hair.

“You’ll catch a cold if you don’t dry yourself up” she said. I took off my shirt and hang it on the bar stool next to me, she step back away but I trap her using my legs and pulled her closer to me, she instantly close her eyes and her hands landed on my bare shoulder for support.

“Where do you think you’re going?” I .

“Trying to get away from my shirtless fiancé” she answers still eyes closed.

“I don’t mind if my fiancé sees me like this” since she played along with it, might as well enjoy the moment. “You know you can open your eyes.”

Instead of answering me, she wraps the towel around me and opens her eyes. “Better” she said and kissed me on the cheek. The kiss surprise me, making me lose my hold on to her, she took it as an opportunity to get away.

“Hey that’s not fair!”It’s the first time that she showed any affection towards me so I was really surprised.

She started making breakfast while I fix myself a cup of coffee. I took out the milk bottle and pour some in a mug and put it inside a microwave.

“You already had breakfast here, didn’t you?”

“I came here after the dinner meeting where we first met” answering her question. “We both past out so I ended up having breakfast with you and Yoona the next morning.”

“I’m sorry” she said.

“Don’t be” I said, placing the mugs on the counter and walk closer to her. “Did Yoona tell you that we’ve known each other for barely three days?” I walk closer to her and pulled her chin up so her face was facing me. “So there’s nothing to be sad about. What is important is that you remember everything that happened and will happen after you wake up from your coma.” I kissed the top of her head and went back to my seat.

After finishing a stack of pancakes, the calories I just burned from running doubled because of the food I just ate. I insist that I do the dishes since she already cook the breakfast. I found her sitting on the couch doing office work so I took the papers from her, when she look up she instantly turn scarlet red, I forgot I wasn’t wearing any shirt, only the towel she drape around me earlier. She excused herself to get something.

“Here” she said while looking away from me. “You can use it now, it’s already dry.”

I took the shirt and put it on. “You can look now” I said. I thought she was going to sit beside me but instead, she lie down on the couch and rest her head on my lap. My hands automatically went up and my body stiffened.

“I honestly thought you’ll get mad because of my bold actions this morning, turns out you’re bolder than me.”

“Tell me how did we meet? Did we get along immediately?” she suddenly asks. There’s no going back now, if I want to start fresh with her, might as well tell her everything leaving no stones left unturned. I told her that I used to have a girl friend when we met, how our parents tried to blackmail us using the orphanage and Krystal’s career just to make us say yes with the marriage until the night of the accident. She frowns once in awhile but I straighten it out immediately.

“I would understand if you will back out. I think it wouldn’t be a big problem since we haven’t done the engagement party yet.” She sat up and moved closer to me, she hold my hand and look at me straight in the eyes.

“You are the first person I saw when I woke up my coma and you stay beside me ever since, I just hope that you did that because you care and not because you’re feeling guilty because of the accident.”

“Of course I care about you” I said.

“I’m glad to hear that. We both know that this engagement is brought together not by love but by our parent’s wishes. But I think we can start over and let friendship be the foundation of this engagement.”

I don’t care if she’ll slap me after this but I pulled her closer to a hug and rest my chin on her shoulders. “So technically this makes us what?” I ask her.

“I don’t know, what do you think?”

“Friends with benefits?” I blurted out; she pulled away and hits me on the chest. “What?” she shouted.

I pretended that I was hurt and her expression completely changes, I laugh and pulled her to a hug again.

 “Just kidding” I said. “Listen to me carefully Choi Sulli. I don’t want you to think that I’m feeling guilty for the accident or I’m agreeing to this marriage just because my parents want me to. I can’t explain my feeling right now but one’s thing for sure. You’re already a part of my life I can’t live without.”

“Thank you” was all she said.

“How about you, I don’t want people to think that I’m forcing you into this” I’m just dying to hear her side on this.

“First of all, I want you to know that it is my honor to be engaged to Dr. Choi Minho who is according to the nurses at the hospital, the most sought after bachelor doctor in Seoul General. Almost all the female staff at the hospital is ogling about you, do you know that?”

“You’re changing the subject.”

“Honestly, I do have uncertainties about this marriage but if I’m going to take a chance with it, better be with you than others. Just please be patient with me.”

“Of course I will. So if you’ll allow me, let’s do this properly” and I remove the ring from the necklace inside my shirt. “It’s a ring I bought on my first pay check, I said that I will give this to the girl I would like to spend my life with. You’re probably wondering why I haven’t given this to Krystal, right?” she nodded. “Honestly, I thought of giving it to her but my instincts keeps on stopping me. Good thing I listen to it, because it turns out that someone better deserves this” and I slid the ring on her finger and kissed her hand.

Sulli

I can’t explain my feeling towards Minho, but all I know is that I feel safe with him and being with him feels right. Our Saturday was interrupted when he received a call from the hospital because of a patient. He promised to text me when he reaches the hospital after he kissed me goodbye.

When he left, I stared at the bouquet of flowers Uncle Minjae brought at gave out a deep and long sigh.

***I hope everyone loved the cheesiness in this chapter. I look forward reading you comments!***