Comparisons

Loved by Mistake
CHAPTER XII
COMPARISIONS
_______________________________________

Sulli

I’m a bit sad because dinner got cancelled tonight with Minho. I almost forgot that I’m marrying a doctor, I must get used to the thought that there will be times that he will need to leave or cancel plans because of an emergency at the hospital, after all I’m not marrying not just any doctor, I’m marrying Dr. Choi Minho. Minho is famous and well known in his field of work and I can’t imagine the pressure he is subjected to everyday. Having successful and well known parents doesn’t make things any easier, I understand him because I know the feeling.

Instead of going home, I decided to order some take outs and eat with him at the hospital. I was already at the parking lot when my phone rang. Wooyoung’s name appeared on the screen.

 “Jin where are you?” he asks.

“I’m at the hospital right now, why?”

“What? Did something happen to you? Are you alright?” he fired up.

“Relax Woo” I said trying to calm him down. “I just brought some food for Minho because he had an emergency and haven’t eaten dinner yet.” I heard a long sigh on the other end.

“Thank God” he said. “Well I just called in to check up on you and ask how things are going between you and Minho, looks like I worry for nothing.”

“Were okay now, just a little misunderstanding that’s all and by the way, thank you. For whatever it is that you told him that assured him, thank you.”

“Anything for you Jin,” he said. “Call me when you have time okay, we really haven’t caught up with each other yet I’m sure Taec and Khun will love to see you again real soon.”

“I will and I hope you keep your promise for my wedding okay?”

“Of course, won’t miss it for anything.”

I have no idea what time Minho will be finished with the operation so I waited outside his office. It’s only 11 o’clock and I know operations like this usually last for hours so I plug in my earphones took out my ipad and browse through the mails I received from the office while listening to the songs Taec and Khun added on my playlist earlier this evening.

It’s already two in the morning and still no sign of Minho. I found myself in front of a vendo machine torn between an orange juice and coffee when I heard a group of people walking towards my direction. I look up and my eyes immediately landed on the very tired looking man in front of the group, my fiancé.

“What are you doing here?” he asks me as he hugs and kiss the top of my head.

“I brought some food so we can have dinner together but I think dinner’s a little over rated.”

“Come on I’ll introduce you to my team” he holds my hand and lead me towards the group of doctors he was talking a while ago.

After we reheated the food Minho and I together with his team ate at his office. Everyone looks really nice and polite they shared their stories about Minho. I was fascinated how these people admire him, for them he’s almost a perfect person who does everything correctly. Then reality suddenly hits me, I just know that he’s a doctor, his girl friend cheated on him, his parents are successful doctors but that’s it,  don’t know anything about him at all.

 

Minho

It’s already one in the afternoon and I’m still in bed. The only thing I hate about my work is that I can’t control my own time. Being a surgeon really takes up a lot of one’s personal time, if you’re not dedicated enough, you’ll never last in this profession, well at least that’s what I’m always telling my team.

Last night was an exception; I never thought I’ll see the sweet and kind side of Sulli as soon as Wooyoung mentioned it to me during our conversation. Krystal never waited for me at the hospital when we’re still together and she never liked hanging out with the team, unlike Sulli, who has been very comfortable last night from the way I see it. When she said that she brought food for dinner, I thought she bought food for two but when the others said goodbye I was surprised when she said that she brought food enough for the whole team.

I took my phone from the side table and check if there are any messages or call from her, I was a bit disappointed or rather disappointed that she haven’t texted or called me all morning. I dialed her number and she answered after the third ring.

“Hello sleepy head” her sweet soft voice said on the other line.

“Is my phone malfunctioning or you really haven’t sent any message all morning.”

“Sorry, I thought you might want to sleep in late and I really don’t want to bother you at all” she said. It’s really nice of her to consider that, if it’s Krystal she would probably call as soon as the mall opens so we can watch a movie and shop. “Do you want to join me and Yoona for lunch, she was just discussing the details about the party and we should finalize the guest list already.” I almost forgot, just than a month from now Sulli and I will be officially engaged.

“You go ahead and have lunch, I’ll just fix myself and be there right away” I said.

I arrived at the restaurant where Yoona and Sulli is, I greeted the girls and sit beside Sulli. “What do you want to eat?” she asks me.

“It’s my first time here, what do you recommend?” I was living in the neighborhood ever since I started working but I never got the chance to roam around and explore the restaurants here because Krystal would always insist that we dine somewhere else.

“Would you like to try their lasagna rolls, they’re very nice” she suggested.

“Sounds good to me” she called the waiter and placed to orders of lasagna roll and iced tea. “One serving is enough; I don’t think I can eat two.”

“Don’t worry, the other ones for me” she said.

“She insists that I go ahead and eat, she wanted to wait for you so the two of you can have lunch together” Yoon suddenly said. “Who would have thought that you guys are getting married because your parents say so, if I don’t know you guys I would think that you’ve been together for a long time” I almost spill the water I was drinking while Sulli turned scarlet red beside me. “Look at you guys, you’re so adorable together” Yoona added.

As soon as we finish eating, Yoona fired instantly at us asking for our choices with the food and decorations. After four hours of painful planning and decision making, Sulli and I together with the help of Yoona finalized every detail about the engagement party and I never thought that it would be this much work.

“Well I’ll leave you guys to yourselves, don’t forget the appointments for the pictorial and the final list for the party” she reminded us before she left the restaurant.

“Can’t we just fly to somewhere and do the engagement ceremony there with our families and close friends, I don’t see the need for the reporters at the ceremony” Sulli said.

“As much as I want to but we can’t, we both know that our parents won’t approve of that. We’re lucky enough that they allowed us downgrade the celebration plus the more we deprive the media about the engagements details the more we will be troubled” I reminded her. Although we both have the aversion when it comes to the media, neither one of us can do anything about it.

“Sometimes I just wish we can be a normal couple like the others” she suddenly said out of nowhere.

“A couple” I repeated. “Is that what we are already?” She was surprised by my remark; I’m sure because when she looks at me in the eye, she blushed.

 

***Thank you for reading, I’ll try to update more often. I look forward in reading your comments! I’m  very happy to see 19 upvotes already for the story! Yey!!! Thank you so much!***