Aftermath

Loved by Mistake
CHAPTER VII
AFTERMATH
_______________________________________

Sulli

I woke up when someone kissed me on the forehead, I didn’t open my eyes immediately afraid to see who the person was. “Please wake up Ssul, your parents miss you, Yoona miss you, and I miss you.” I finally decided to open my eyes; it’s difficult when your eyes are only starting to adjusting to the brightness around you. I saw the stranger slouched on a chair beside my bed, “Why do you miss me, when you are here with me?” I said with a faint voice. The stranger got up and like a prayer he kept repeating the line “Ssul you’re awake now! Thank God!” over and over.  I really feel that I should ask him.

“Who are you?”  I said.

As if on cue, my parents entered the room running beside me; my mom was crying beside me, my dad being him is obviously forcing back his tears. For the past hour, nurses and doctors went in and out of my room; my best friend came and hugs my mom immediately before coming to my side.

“Don’t do that to me again Jin! I shed a lot of tears to last for a lifetime” says my best friend. We heard a lot of screaming outside the room, my door swung open and I saw Jonghyun and Jongshin hurrying towards me. Jonghyun ran towards me and hugs me while Jongshin sat at the end of my bed.

“Looks like you two left so much commotion outside” my dad teased the two.

“I’m sorry uncle, we didn’t think of it when Jonghyun and I came here.”

“Don’t worry, I’ll ask the hospital security to take care of that, but I don’t think you should let Yonghwa and Minhyuk to follow you here.”

“We understand uncle, we’re very sorry” said Jonghyun.

“Minho” my dad called the stranger sitting on the couch at the corner. “Can you please help me with the situation; I think it’s much easier since the security here knows you.” The stranger got up and looked at me, I thought he was going to say something but didn’t continue and just left the room with my dad.

“When did you guys arrive? I thought you’re still in Japan for the album promotion?” I ask them. The two of them look at Yoona and I saw her shake her head. “Can someone tell me what’s going on here?” My mom sat beside me and holds my hand.

“Darling, you’ve been in an accident. You were in a coma for more than three months” my mom said.

I look at all the people around me, how can I be in a coma? Yesterday, I was planning a trip with Yoona to visit the guys in Japan for their album promotions, this is impossible. My head started to ache slowly until I can’t take it anymore and cried out in pain. Everyone inside the room panic and the stranger my dad called Minho was instantly beside me checking up my vitals and asked the nurse to bring her something immediately. The pain was excruciating and I was twitching in pain, he wraps his arms around me and I saw my mom crying in my dad arms, Yoona too was crying at the sofa.

“It’s okay now; we’ll make the pain go away.” The nurses injected something on my IV and I started to feel a little less of the pain until it totally disappears.

I feel really tire even though I just woke up a few minutes ago, but I can’t fight the feeling and then everything went blank with me feeling warm and safe in the arms of this stranger.

I woke up the next morning, feeling better than yesterday. I saw Minho replacing the flowers from yesterday with new ones.

“I’m sorry, did I wake you up?”

“No” I said trying to sit up, he move beside me to help me and arrange the pillows behind me so I can sit comfortably. I have a lot of questions to ask him but I was interrupted when my best friend entered the room.

“Minho, I brought breakfast. You should hurry… Jin!” she didn’t even finish what she was saying because she ran beside me and gives me a big bear hug. I cringed in pain because of the tight hug.

“Easy Yoona, she’s still hurting” he said getting the bag from Yoona and pulling the table beside the bed.

“I didn’t know you can cook already” I ask her.

“No, I ask someone at home to prepare the food every morning” I look at her puzzled.”You didn’t tell her?” she looks at him at him surprised.

“I don’t think it’s a good idea right now” he said. I couldn’t stand watching them talking like that as if I wasn’t there listening.

“Can you please stop acting like I was still sleeping and tell me what are you talking about?” I said, and then a sudden pain hits my head again. Minho was beside me instantly, “Please stay calm Sulli, do not strain yourself from thinking too much” he said. I tried relaxing and the pain went away.

“I should call you doctor and tell her you’re awake now. Yoona I’ll just take the sandwich today, thank you” he looks at me as if he wanted to tell me something but didn’t continue, he gave me a weak smile and said good bye to me and Yoona.

“Jin cut the crap, it’s only the two of us now. Now tell me, why are you pretending that you don’t know him?”Yoona said as soon as Minho went out of the room.

“What are you talking about Yoon? I’m not pretending, I really don’t know the guy.” I answered her honestly.

“What is the date today?” she suddenly asks me.

“Eight of August?” doing a mental math. Yoona just sighed.

“Jin, it’s already December.” I can’t believe what Yoona just told me, it can’t be.

“Why can I remember all of you but not him?” I frustration hits me.

“We don’t know Jin; the doctors are performing some test on you today they’ll try to figure out what is happening to you. Don’t worry, everything will going to be alright.”

Yoona went out of the room to make some phone calls and tell her office that she won’t be coming in today. A nurse entered the room and checked on my IV.

“Good morning Ms. Sulli” the nurse greeted me. “I’m sure Dr. Miho is happy to see that you’re awake now” so he’s a doctor here I thought to myself. “It’s weird not to see him having breakfast here with you this morning.”

“Does he always do that?” I asked the nurse.

“Yes, Ms. Yoona would usually bring him breakfast in the morning and they will eat here with you and as soon as his duty is finish, he would spend the rest of his day here with you. Many girls envy you Ms. Sulli because you’re going to marry Dr. Choi.”I was shocked by what the nurse said, Yoona entered the room and saw me talking to the nurse, the nurse greeted her and said good bye.

I was silent for a while then Yoona asks me if there’s something wrong.

“Yoona, is true that Minho is my fiancé? But why can’t I remember him?”

 

Minho

After conducting test on Sulli, Seohyun asks me and Sulli’s parents to come to her office to discuss her condition.

“Sulli have is experiencing a retrograde amnesia,” Seohyun and I knows it already the moment Sulli didn’t recognized me the night she woke up but we don’t want to jump into conclusions so we waited for the test results first. “In this form of amnesia the affected individual will be unable to recollect events that occurred before the amnesia sets in. She’ll experience extreme pain once in a while because her brain is trying to recover those memories but other than that everything is okay.”

“Uncle, if you’ll still allow it I want to continue my engagement with your daughter” I said when Seohyun left us in her office so we can talk in private.

“Minho, you are not responsible for what happened to Sulli. We totally understand if you’re backing out in this marriage.” Uncle Lee said.

“No uncle I’m not. I want to go on with this marriage when Sulli gets better and if she agrees with it.” Both of them look surprised by my decision. “I want to start things right with her, I can’t understand yet my feelings towards your daughter but I’m sure that I want to be by her side especially in times like this.”

“My daughter is lucky to have you as her other half, I am happy to know that I can entrust my daughter to you.” Auntie Lee said and hugs me.

We went back to Sulli’s room and found her and Yoona laughing. Her face is indeed more beautiful when she’s smiling. Her parents kissed and hug her before taking a seat at the sofa, I didn’t try to go near her unless she allows me to but Aunt Lee asks her if she know who I am.

“Sulli, do you know that guy standing there?” she asks her.

“My fiancé, Dr. Choi Minho.”

 

***What do you think about this chapter, looking forward to read your comments! Thanks for reading and upvoting, I’m really happy to see that it exceeded the votes I got from my previous story J ***