Friendship & Betrayal

Loved by Mistake
CHAPTER V
FRIENDSHIP AND BETRAYAL
_______________________________________

Minho

I fix myself went to Sulli’s apartment; I want to treat her for lunch to make it up to her for what happened last night. When I reached her floor I saw a guy standing in front of her apartment, the door opened and Sulli just appeared from nowhere and flung her arms around the guy’s neck, my steps quicken and I was in front of the hugging couple in just seconds. The guys saw me and said “Come on, let’s go inside and fix yourself, you didn’t tell me you were expecting a visitor today.” Yikes! In front of me is a barefoot Sulli wearing only an oversized shirt and shorts.

Before Sulli went back to her room, she introduced me to her guest. “Minho, I assume you are familiar with him” of course I am, that’s Lee Jonghyun of CN Blue. “This is Lee Jonghyun, a very good friend of mine. Hyun this is Dr. Choi Minho.”

“Please call me Minho” I said.

“Nice meeting you,” he said and shakes my hand. “Hurry up Jin, were going to be late.” She pouted her lips and ran upstairs.

Sulli didn’t mention she had a boyfriend, my timing was probably wrong it seems that the two has plans to go out today. I noticed a picture at the side table that shows Sulli with Jonghyun and with the other CN Blue members. Why didn’t I notice this the other day?

“Do you have plans with Sulli today? I’m sorry she sometimes mixed up her schedule during the weekends” he suddenly asks me.

“No, I was just dropping by to apologize to her for the way my girl friend acted last night.” He looks surprised and chuckled.

“You shouldn’t have bother, it’s really nothing to her; she always gets that kind of treatment from girl.”

“I texted her last night but she didn’t reply so I thought she’s mad and I came here to apologize personally.”

“It’s probably my fault that she couldn’t reply to your text” I looked him and he took out a phone in his pocket. “We took her phone last night, Yoon was really irritated because she keeps on fidgeting about something in her phone so we took it from her and forgot to give it back last night.” So that’s why she wasn’t able to text, I felt relief because I thought that she’s intentionally not replying to me because she’s mad but I felt annoyed though, because this guy have her phone.

“Hyun, you didn’t even ask the guest for refreshments!” Sulli said bouncing down the stairs, I can see she’s excited today and her smile is very different from last night. She’s wearing a simple jeans and white tank top.

“Sorry, I forgot.”

“That’s okay, I wasn’t planning to stay long” she suddenly looks sad. My heart skipped a beat, is she sad because I’m going?

“Oh, don’t worry no offense taken” she smiled and turned to Jonghyun. “Do you have a car with you?” she asks him.

“No, I thought you might want to bring yours in case you get bored there and wanted to leave early” he looked at me and smiled.  “Minho, are you doing something today?”

“Nothing, why?” actually I plan to go to Krystal’s this afternoon to talk about our situation.

At twelve o’clock I found myself driving towards Merlot Hotel with Sulli and Jonghyun inside my car. Sulli’s car won’t start so I offered that we take my car instead. When we entered the hotel lobby, we were greeted by a massive number of female fans and cameras. Jonghyun was immediately surrounded by fans and reporters while Sulli and I were pushed through the sides, a reporter recognized Sulli and started to take photos of her. Reporters went wild when they saw Sulli, they worn torn between taking pictures of Jonghyun and Sulli, after a few seconds the hotel security usher us towards a conference hall at the second floor of the hotel.

“Hyun, I thought it was just a small gathering?” Sulli said when we reached the elevator.

“Sorry Jin, my manager said that it’s only a small gathering and the others didn’t tell me about it either. I know how you dislike them so much, I’m really sorry. Good thing Minho is with you, as soon as the fans surrounded me I couldn’t reach you at all.”

“I’m sorry Minho, I’m sure you’re regretting for coming with us at all.” Sulli said.

“It’s okay; at least my weekend didn’t turn out to be a boring one.” I said smiling at her. A girl approached Jonghyun and said something to him.

“The programs about to start, we should hurry up and get inside” he said. Jonghyun entered the first door while Sulli pulled me towards the last door in the corridor. I looked at her wondering why we didn’t enter with Jonghyun.

“It’s the door nearest the stage, I don’t want to attract any more attention that I already have” she answered like she can read my thoughts. What she said was true, when we entered the room, there are tables arranges in front of a small stage. Jonghyun was standing on the stage with his group members, when he saw us enter the room he gave a nod and pointed towards a table. A waiter offered us some refreshments and I get two glasses handing the other one to Sulli, she thanked me and walks towards the table where Jonghyun pointed, but before we reached our destination Sulli and I saw our parents talking. Out of instincts, we instantly turn towards the door but before we could reach it my mom saw me and gave a little shriek.

“Oh my gosh, Minho! Sulli darling, you look wonderful!” my mom hugged Sulli and look at me smiling. My dad saw us and walks towards our direction with Sulli’s parents.

“Hi mom, hi dad!” Sulli kissed her parents and greeted my dad. “Why didn’t you tell me you’re coming?”

“And miss seeing this? My daughter and son-in-law together in public? Not a change dear,” says her dad. “Do you guys have your table number already?”

“Yes sir” I answered hoping that we don’t have to sit on the same table. Fortunately, their table is a little father from us. Jonghyun greeted us when we reached out table.

“Sorry Jin, I didn’t know aunt and uncle are here” he said apologetically.

“I feel like dying over and over again today. I don’t know what’s more horrible, being seen and photographed by reporters or being seen together by our parents together in public.” I frown but immediately composed myself. Is that really back to be seen with me in public? Jonghyun introduced me to the other members of the group. After the introductions, we took our seats while the MC started the program. Sulli and I were quiet all throughout, we would only talk if the other members or Jonghyun would ask us something but we never talked to each other.

When the group was asked to perform on the stage Sulli and I were left alone in our table. The band was playing Teardrops in the Rain when I stole a glance at Sulli. She’s really pretty especially when smiling, she turn her head and saw me looking at her.

“Is it that bad to be seen in public with me?” I suddenly ask her, I was surprised myself that I was able to ask her that.

“It’s not like that, I’m just annoyed at the reporters at the lobby and I really don’t want to give our parents the satisfaction they want from seeing the two of us together, I just don’t want them to put hope on us too much.” I felt a little pain in my heart hearing that from her.

“I understand” I said.

The audience applauded when the performance ended. The MC asked the members for a short message from each of them. Minhyuk was the first one to start, then Jongshin, Jonghyun and lastly Yonghwa, Minhyuk whispered something to Yonghwa who smiled and look at our table. I saw Sulli lower her head, she groaned, by the looks of it she knows what Minhyuk said to Yonghwa.

“Before we forget, we would like to thank someone really close to our hearts who is here with us today. When we were in Japan, everyone knows that we started performing on the streets because no one would like to accommodate an unknown foreign band in their clubs and bar. One day, we were suddenly given the chance to play in a bar in Tokyo but unfortunately Minhyuk gotten into an accident just a few hours before the performance, all of us went crazy thinking that we might lose this once in a lifetime opportunity but God send us his angel and helped us survived that night. After that night, we were offered to play as regulars in that bar and the rest is history. That angel became our lucky charm and until now, she has been always there as a friend and fan to the four of us. I know for most the people here, this is the first time for you guys to hear this story but for the people who worked closely around us, she has been a legend. So Jin can we please have the honor to play with you once again in this stage.

Minhyuk is already beside Sulli and handing her a pair of drumstick, Sulli’s eyes were already teary. So ever since, she has been a very helpful and kind person to everybody. She gladly takes the drumsticks from Minhyuk and approached the stage. Minhyuk sat on her seat and said, “You’re one lucky guy Minho. Please take care of her; she’s our diamond and lucky charm. She deserves to be happy.” I suddenly felt guilty because she’s marrying someone she doesn’t even love and she’ll even help me hide my relationship with another girl, I can’t imagine what people might think about her when they found out that her husband has another girl.

Just like Yoona said, Sulli played like a pro. Everyone applauded when they finish playing, Sulli hugged the four of them and came back to sit beside me. “You’re great,” I said.

“Thanks.”

It’s already five o’clock when the program ended, we said goodbye to guys and thank them. All of them already know about the engagement but only Jonghyun knows about the twist in it. All of them wished us the best in our married life and hugged Sulli one last time. Jongshin even joked that many guys in Korea will be sad because Sulli will soon be married and everyone including me laughed at the idea.

“But I’m sure, many girls are heartbroken because Minho is already taken by our Sulli” Yonghwa said.

We went to say good bye to our parents, they invited us to dinner but Sulli said that she’s already tired and wants to take a rest already since she have to be at the office early tomorrow.

After playing with the band, Sulli’s mood brighten up a little bit, I was asking her if she wanted to have dinner first before going home when I saw Krystal coming out from a cab and entering the hotel. She probably didn’t notice me because there are so many people waiting for their cars to bring in by the valet. Sulli also saw her, I check on my phone but there’s no message from her.

“Ssul, can you please wait in the car, I would just like to have a word with her for a while.” I didn’t wait for her reply and I jog back inside the hotel. I roam around to look for her at the lobby; she’s probably meeting one of her friends here to have chitchat. I saw her walking towards the hotel café I tried calling her but she probably didn’t hear me. I followed her inside and was shocked by what I just saw.

Krystal was kissing some guy at the corner, her arms around the guy’s neck while the bastards hand is roaming around Krystal’s back. I ran towards them and grab the guys hand, Krystal was shocked to see me, I can tell, it was written all over her face.

“Hey, what’s your problem man?!” the guy asks me.

Without answering, I punched the guys face and looked at Krystal with disgusted face. She grabbed my hand and begged me to let her explain.

“Damn it! There’s nothing to explain, I saw everything.” I shouted at her.

I walk towards the door only to find Sulli standing there, his hands on . I ran towards the lobby and found my car waiting outside, I took out a bill from my pocket and gave the valet, I got inside the car only to find Sulli seating on the passenger’s seat breathing heavily, and she probably ran after me.

“Sulli, can you please get out of the car?” I said in a louder tone.

“No.”

“Please Sulli; I want to be alone right now.”

“No, You’re not going anywhere without me” she said.

“Fine! Put on your seatbelt.” I step on the gas and drove away like a maniac.

We’re already in the freeway but instead of decreasing, my car speed increased. Sulli was already begging me to slow down and stop but I didn’t give any response to her plea. Sulli was already crying beside me, she wrap her arms around mine and beg me to stop. I slowed down the car and signaled to stop on the side but suddenly a car hit us and we found us tumbling inside the car. I felt a sharp pain on my side. Sulli! I turned my head and saw Sulli unconscious beside me, blood was all over her face. I tried to reach her but I couldn’t move my hands to touch her then everything went black.

***I’m excited to read your comments for this chapter! Thanks for reading!***